Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-18, 09:14   Link #281
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
(btw, I wasn't referring to the Producer. I stuck my neck in because I had heard the Boy band had made an appearance, stirring up a blood frenzy.)
Nah, of all times, they would never cause a frenzy anymore by appearing in the anime. The storm has already passed.
It did cause a frenzy when they first appeared, in the game (actually, when it was announced at that live), but that frenzy wasn't caused purely by them but by BandaiNamco's amusing combo.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 10:13   Link #282
jcdietz03

According to the Wikipedia page for the game, you can make the producer anywhere from very protective to very perverted.

In Ep 2 we saw protective producer-san. Because perverted with girls that young is X_X. I hope we eventually get to see his perverted side though.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 10:53   Link #283
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
According to the Wikipedia page for the game, you can make the producer anywhere from very protective to very perverted.

In Ep 2 we saw protective producer-san. Because perverted with girls that young is X_X. I hope we eventually get to see his perverted side though.
I think you're forgetting the producer asking Azusa to demonstrate the *Gravure* pose that Ritsuko taught her.

Of course she's about his age.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 12:32   Link #284
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
I should've expected that.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 01:12   Link #285
dark998

So episode 2 was pretty much devoted to the photo sessions and how each idol has an unique side that makes her appealing (Makoto is more poplar among females, Yukiho has an innocent beauty and so on...)

Would be nice if all the episodes stick to a different dynamic to keeps thing fresh and interesting. They also should shuffle the screentime a bit because the twins, Yayoi and Iori are getting more minutes than the other girls.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 10:07   Link #286
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
The first casualty of war of the season for me (aka dropped). The first two episodes just didn't do anything for me. Cute girls doing cute things with a cast that is too large for its own good which unfortunately leads me to not really caring about any of the girls. The music and songs are also too "otaku" for my liking. Also the fact that Iori who is voiced by Kugrie took a lot of focus in episode 2 didn't help much either considering I have little tolerance with the VA.

Was expecting this to be some kind of guilty pleasure for me, but it didn't even fulfill that for me personally unfortunately. Although I wasn't expecting A-1 to do anything near Anohana level last season, I am still left somewhat underwhelmed because I've been having faith in the studio recently. Oh well, there's always next season.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 11:33   Link #287
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Episode 3, 30 second preview.

Old 2011-07-19, 12:28   Link #288
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Was expecting this to be some kind of guilty pleasure for me, but it didn't even fulfill that for me personally unfortunately. Although I wasn't expecting A-1 to do anything near Anohana level last season, I am still left somewhat underwhelmed because I've been having faith in the studio recently. Oh well, there's always next season.
I'm somewhat curious about this. Why would Idolm@ster be a guilty pleasure? That seems like something more designated for shows like Ro-Kyu-Bu or Mayo Chiki, where somewhat-risque fanservice and such are part of their hooks. Idolm@ster never advertised itself as a risque fanservice-type show. Honestly, I never imagined that this might be a guilty pleasure for anyone.

Also, I kinda feel bad for A-1 when you say that. I feel like the reasons you don't like this anime are independent of the studio doing a good job or not. Do you think they're just doing a bad job with Idolm@ster, and if they were doing a better job you would like it, or do you think that this is a type of show you couldn't like even if the studio did it well?

Also, oh god. Yayoi commentating the preview. She's really growing on me for some reason.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 14:00   Link #289
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I'm somewhat curious about this. Why would Idolm@ster be a guilty pleasure? That seems like something more designated for shows like Ro-Kyu-Bu or Mayo Chiki, where somewhat-risque fanservice and such are part of their hooks. Idolm@ster never advertised itself as a risque fanservice-type show. Honestly, I never imagined that this might be a guilty pleasure for anyone.

Also, I kinda feel bad for A-1 when you say that. I feel like the reasons you don't like this anime are independent of the studio doing a good job or not. Do you think they're just doing a bad job with Idolm@ster, and if they were doing a better job you would like it, or do you think that this is a type of show you couldn't like even if the studio did it well?

Also, oh god. Yayoi commentating the preview. She's really growing on me for some reason.
STEAKEE~

Spoiler:

And lol at the preview, digging holes like a champ. Can't wait.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 18:22   Link #290
sa547
*Author

Poor Iori, got shoved to kitchenwork. Worse, she has to chop and slice onions.
Old 2011-07-19, 21:34   Link #291
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Lol, I had a similar conversation with a friend recently about this I argued that 'Guilty Pleasure' in essence means that you're liking something that you feel is embarrassing or shaming. This could be an ero-fanservice series, or a girly shoujo series that makes you question your manliness. So for a person that is against moe or at least shows with alots and lots of cute girls as it's selling point, Idolmaster would be his guilty pleasure

Of course, I told him that I don't see Mayo Chiki as my guilty pleasure because 1, I'm not feeling guilty, and 2, it's actually pretty good
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 22:26   Link #292
Westlo
Lets be reality

The main reason otaku hate on Jupiter is because they see their inclusion as the reason that you couldn't produce a certain trio in that game. They thought they run out of room... As people who looked at the disc noticed it wasn't anywhere near max capacity and speculated a ps3 version would come our later, and now idolmaster 2 is announced for ps3 as of today.

Also I find it ridiclous they won't name him since it ruins the "you're the producer" thing, how stupid. I don't have blue hair, I don't wear glasses, I don't sound like him... it's already ruined for people who can't seperate games from an anime, why stop halfway. I agree he should be in a support for the majority, just dint make him so bland....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 22:56   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
The main reason otaku hate on Jupiter is because they see their inclusion as the reason that you couldn't produce a certain trio in that game. They thought they run out of room... As people who looked at the disc noticed it wasn't anywhere near max capacity and speculated a ps3 version would come our later, and now idolmaster 2 is announced for ps3 as of today.
Yeah I heard the story... But I'm seeing part of that hate carried on to the Anime.

Well, I hope A-1 has more balls than 7arc when it comes to their shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Also I find it ridiclous they won't name him since it ruins the "you're the producer" thing, how stupid. I don't have blue hair, I don't wear glasses, I don't sound like him... it's already ruined for people who can't seperate games from an anime, why stop halfway. I agree he should be in a support for the majority, just dint make him so bland....
For some reason, people dig the whole immersion thingy with silent, nameless protagonists. Me? I don't care for that, I'm not delusional enough to think that guy on screen is anything but a video game character and definitely not me.
Old 2011-07-19, 23:41   Link #294
twinklestar
anime fanbot..LOL!

I really don't hate this anime version as an IM@S fan since 2007!

Hoping that this anime series will be a success!

I'm glad also that the Playstation 3 version will be available on October 27th!

Oh wait its Azusa Miura's birthday yesterday!
twinklestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 23:42   Link #295
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
I'm somewhat curious about this. Why would Idolm@ster be a guilty pleasure?
I'll make a list of reasons.

Would I show this to other people? No.
Would I recommend this to other people? No.
Does this stimulate me in any way intellectually? No.
Do I watch this for interesting plot? No.
Do I watch this for characters with depth? No.
Is it a comedy? No.
Am I proud to watch this? No.

Yep, it's a guilty pleasure. I watch this for no reason other than to enjoy a little light heartedness and perhaps some moe characters. That doesn't define entertainment for me, and I would be damned if it did.

Now if this show had any actual themes it explored in an interesting way (Lets see if they do anything with the theme of idols), developed the characters in an interesting way, or just presented something really worth biting into, I'd consider it above a guilty pleasure.

Guilty pleasure ain't bad, but it just isn't anything near top level entertainment as far as I am concerned.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 23:47   Link #296
Miraluka
Banned

Uses the magic of [Supr].

Quote:
Do I watch this for characters?
This is the main reason why this show is watched.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 23:48   Link #297
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
For some reason, people dig the whole immersion thingy with silent, nameless protagonists. Me? I don't care for that, I'm not delusional enough to think that guy on screen is anything but a video game character and definitely not me.
I think you guys are looking at it wrong.

The fans don't want Idolmaster turning into a harem fest where the girls fight over the producer, and usually the first indication of that happening is by giving the producer too much personality (good or bad) and presences - just like they do in the manga. People are happy that the producer in the anime is staying the background and out of the way, only giving guidance to the idols where and when he is needed instead of the harem/galge approach of the protagonist poking around helping the girls solve their problems (or fall on their breast or accidentally lift up their skirts) andl making the girls fall head over heals for him.

Also if the show goes harem, then there's going to be a heroine/main love story line, which means that the other girls will not get screen time, that's another negative for going with this approach. Reducing the producer to just a needed presence but not a focus is the ideal method in dealing with this problem.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 23:49   Link #298
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Uses the magic of [Supr].

This is the main reason why this show is watched.

If you don't quote the whole statement ending "with depth," then the meaning changes entirely.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 00:04   Link #299
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I think you guys are looking at it wrong.

The fans don't want Idolmaster turning into a harem fest where the girls fight over the producer, and usually the first indication of that happening is by giving the producer too much personality (good or bad) and presences - just like they do in the manga. People are happy that the producer in the anime is staying the background and out of the way, only giving guidance to the idols where and when he is needed instead of the harem/galge approach of the protagonist poking around helping the girls solve their problems (or fall on their breast or accidentally lift up their skirts) andl making the girls fall head over heals for him.

Also if the show goes harem, then there's going to be a heroine/main love story line, which means that the other girls will not get screen time, that's another negative for going with this approach. Reducing the producer to just a needed presence but not a focus is the ideal method in dealing with this problem.
And so their idea of story neutering is to leave him nameless?

It's one thing to be concerned about turning this show into a Harem, it's another to be paranoid over any male presence.
Old 2011-07-20, 00:20   Link #300
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
And so their idea of story neutering is to leave him nameless?

It's one thing to be concerned about turning this show into a Harem, it's another to be paranoid over any male presence.
We never knew Kyon's real name but nobody would think he was neutered. So why not just keep him as Producer? Why does he NEED a name?
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s