AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-03, 13:28   Link #21
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, this pretty much destroys the whole 12,000 years thing, doesn't it? You know, the entire point of the franchise?

Yep, I'm not watching this show anymore. I'm done.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:38   Link #22
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So, this pretty much destroys the whole 12,000 years thing, doesn't it? You know, the entire point of the franchise?
Assuming that this twist was planned from the beginning, the entire point of the franchise was Kawamori chuckling while the fandom thought the 12,000 years Apollonius/Celiane thing was the entire point of the franchise, and preparing to pull the rug out from under their feet...
Old 2012-06-03, 13:42   Link #23
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Assuming that this twist was planned from the beginning
It, it wasn't though. This is not a sort of thing you plan out from the beginning, and I would argue that it's not even something that they had planned out from the beginning of THIS show.

It makes the whole 12,000 years thing from something tragic and beautiful into a joke. It's an insult to everyone.
Old 2012-06-03, 13:50   Link #24
mayumi

I don't really care at this point about the story and reincarnations and the love between Pollon and Celiane
Or the shitty fate stuff.
If Zessica does turn out to be the really really light light bright half of Touma's soul then just please let her die. It's just so sad that she can never get anything in this show. Not even a stupid dog's love.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:00   Link #25
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I'm not sure. We'll know for certain whether or not it was planned in advance when and if Kawamori tells us, I think. It could well be something planned in advance, if they had thought during Genesis that they might want to have a sequel sometime. Or it could be something they thought of just in the planning for this series. That said, I am interested in how they intend to square the new revelation with some of the events in Genesis, because right now I don't see how it works. They will have to make an attempt to answer those questions regardless of when they came up with the idea.

To play devil's advocate, is it really a joke? Love is prevailing in EVOL, it just isn't destined love which continues through each and every reincarnation cycle and can't ever change. In some ways, the idea that people will fall in love in each and every one of their reincarnations is very limiting. Take what we previously believed about Apollonius and Celiane: that each time, they would become new people with new traits, and that they would have to fall in love all over again with that new person, but that they definitely would fall in love, and nothing could change it?
Old 2012-06-03, 14:05   Link #26
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

After I watched this episode I was like Oh OKAY yeah it makes sense, then I was remembering back to Sousei and then I was like HEY WAIT a minute that doesn't make sense so it goes hand in hand I guess, they probably weren't expecting fans to re-watch or remember a lot of the events in Sousei and the OVA, and we never really were told the WHOLE story of 24,000 years ago, only bits and pieces so its good now that they shed light on the story and it will probably take some getting use too cos Pollon = Apollo = Amagura so Solar Aquarion = Apollonius?? But really would you rather see Celiane get with Solar Aquarion or with Amagura (who btw is at least HUMAN again in this lifetime lol) and did anyone notice that this turn of events could possibly be why they used the name APOLLON instead of APOLLO? (Combination of Apollo and Pollon...nice NICE VERY NICE hidden meaning Kawamori o.O)...No hard feelings towards Aquarion Evol but the whole dog thing is still bugging me just a tad bit, so I hoping they can come up with some more (COS WE NEED MORE) mecha fighting scenes.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:17   Link #27
crayven

So Celiane's soul didn't recognize Pollon when she was Silvia but she did now as Mikono? Touma couldn't recognize his lover for 12000 (twelve thousand) years and chased after his winged dog for a whole show?

Come on, this is a big plot twist but do you have to degrade Apollo-Silvia's love into beastiality Kawamori? I know past lovers don't matter but a wife and her husband's dog... Please.

Oh and Mykage sure does like to torture a normal human girl a lot. This is getting really weird and sad now.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:25   Link #28
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
To play devil's advocate, is it really a joke? Love is prevailing in EVOL, it just isn't destined love which continues through each and every reincarnation cycle and can't ever change. In some ways, the idea that people will fall in love in each and every one of their reincarnations is very limiting. Take what we previously believed about Apollonius and Celiane: that each time, they would become new people with new traits, and that they would have to fall in love all over again with that new person, but that they definitely would fall in love, and nothing could change it?
From what I can deduce the whole (a "I am destined to be with you" (b "I am not destined to be with you" came about in 12,000 years ago (Sylvia and Apollo) because technically (or rather apparently Apollonius did not reincarnate cos he obviously had no regrets or lingering feelings for him to come back in the next cycle) but then you'd think he would get reincarnated at some point RIGHT??? So maybe he is actually Solar Aquarion (or like Fudo never dying and always around them)...Kagura and Amata are obviously stating the past and present but maybe Sylvia and Apollo were only destined to meet but falling in love with each other was entirely up to them because honestly no one not even destiny can determine who you fall in love with (but this is ANIME) or maybe it wasn't love at all but mutual feelings for each other in Sousei...because technically they didn't say "I Love You' yer they kissed but anyone can kiss...maybe Pollon is much more than he seems to be...
Old 2012-06-03, 14:29   Link #29
mixordia

Seriously people, I'm envious of you still have energy to think about theories, because honestly after all, I gave up. I don't know if I laugh or cry of anger.

Spoiler for I really don't understand...:
Old 2012-06-03, 14:31   Link #30
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It, it wasn't though. This is not a sort of thing you plan out from the beginning, and I would argue that it's not even something that they had planned out from the beginning of THIS show.

It makes the whole 12,000 years thing from something tragic and beautiful into a joke. It's an insult to everyone.
It may have been. Apollo only had 2 instances of memories. One of those times he wS given them by the memories. The other time where he seemed to channel "Apollonius", Silvia made mention that he wasn't acting much like him.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:36   Link #31
Destined_Fate

I guess... Well, I can't say anything about this until the subs but dayum did we all get trolled. Well there goes any chance of this being better than the original, huh?

Poor Zessica, they just can't stop kicking her... Guess she's going to die after all.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:50   Link #32
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixordia View Post
Seriously people, I'm envious of you still have energy to think about theories, because honestly after all, I gave up. I don't know if I laugh or cry of anger.

Spoiler for I really don't understand...:
Yeah, what I want to know is how the writers can get out of that one. They must explain it.

Spoiler for It makes perfect sense!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
...maybe Pollon is much more than he seems to be...
He's a sly dog!

Sorry, sorry. Couldn't help that one.
Old 2012-06-03, 14:51   Link #33
Destined_Fate

I think they forgot about parts like that and are hoping most EVOL viewers didn't watch the original.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:31   Link #34
mayumi

Why make sequel if they were just going to crap all over the original? Why so they can justify a Amata/Kagura-Mikono end?
So they can say Apollonius never gets with Celiane? Did they even have a child together or not?
Old 2012-06-03, 15:40   Link #35
mixordia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Why make sequel if they were just going to crap all over the original? Why so they can justify a Amata/Kagura-Mikono end?
So they can say Apollonius never gets with Celiane? Did they even have a child together or not?
I want Celiane / Mikono stay with your pet dog now.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:43   Link #36
Vena
Carpe Diem

Guess that explains a lot of stuff in Genesis... like why was Apollo's constellation a winged dog, or why he acted like a dog. Fudo, at this point, is most likely Apollonius.

That said... I'm really confused on the fate fighting thing now: So Apollonius/Celianne were fated but that didn't happen, instead Pollon took Apollonius' place, thwarted fate, and then set-up his own fate with Sylvia at the end of Genesis. So, today in EVOL, we have Pollon trying to complete the fate he set-up 12,000 years ago while continuing to (does this even count? Apollonius doesn't seem to even be dead) oppose the 24,000 years one. Amata is fighting himself over two fates, one to be and one not. I guess there's a sort of irony here now that there are two Pollons, two fates, but only one option.

My head is filled with noodles of confusion.

Oh, and Zessica seems to be no one or some really, really, really happy Touma portion that went ahead and took to loving Pollon.

On the plus side, Shrade went out like a boss.
Old 2012-06-03, 16:38   Link #37
miketyson

Vena: you know what? I'm not even sure if this is or isn't the kind of deconstruction we've previously discussed its possibly being...really. It's something else.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:02   Link #38
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

All this time these twelve thousand years bark bark bark bark bark
Old 2012-06-03, 17:48   Link #39
Destined_Fate

So he already defied fate in the original and got Silvia's love... Than they made that promise making them destined to meet again so that he can fight his own fate because..? They do meet so and everything plays out as planned because they're destined to be together now(With Apollonius not really caring that his old lover is into bestiality) but they must still fight their own fate they made because... You know what, why bother? They're just going to find something else to throw out to troll us. No point in trying to make sense of this and just wait for this to end horribly since the way things have went there wont be a good conclusion to all the BS they've thrown at us. The only thing to look forward to is that maybe they'll stop tormenting poor Zessica before the end.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:53   Link #40
genjo sanzo

Tell me why i think Mikage wants more from Zessica? It's not just her body, he 's got superpowers, he doesn't need help to use the Aquarion. He needs a female body to do something dirty with Apollonius/Solar Wings.
When he enters Zessica body, the first touched part is her belly...
Closed Thread