AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 00:05   Link #121
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

G Gundam was pretty much a way to just let the creators go completely over the top with Gundam, lol. Just combine Gundam with classic shonen style fighting. It was definitely corny at times, but still humorous, but even among all that, the plot and character development was quite good.

I didn't get much from Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny or later 00 though. Most of the Wing characters felt pretty bland to me and didn't really feel developed that much (Zechs was almost a complete Char copycat though, from appearance right down to backstory up to the end of the series). Relena started out decently, IMO, (especially with her attempt at revenge) but as the "total pacifism" bits started, it felt like it all just disappeared.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 12:06   Link #122
tetsuo69

my list before was

no.1 gundam turn A
no.2 gundam V
no.3 gundam 00

but aftet watching 00 again it move to the alright list from the worst and Age took its place on the worst gundam series for me.

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2013-01-13 at 17:19.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 14:43   Link #123
monster

What's Gundam C?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 15:53   Link #124
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I think he meant Gundam G. It's close in the keyboard
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 17:20   Link #125
tetsuo69

i meant to write V
Old 2013-01-14, 06:44   Link #126
ingram1106

I hate 00 too.I want erase to 00 from GUNDAM's history.
AGE was still fine.
Old 2013-01-14, 07:23   Link #127
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I want to erase AGE from Gundam history. Gundam 00 rocks.
Old 2013-01-14, 13:43   Link #128
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I loved them both, so nyeh. >.>
Old 2013-01-14, 16:39   Link #129
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Gundam G is a joke. Its a fantasy mecha anime. It's far more deserving to be removed in the Gundam timeline.

Shining finger!!!

Darkness finger!!!

Gundam Mermaid?!

Gundam Windmill?! WTF!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-18 at 01:13.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 06:29   Link #130
sky black swordman

Execpt for the Shining Gundam,Burning(Or God),and 2 BGM tracks, Gundam G Gundam did not much for me.
I hate Turn A Gundam!
Gundam Age is one, I'm on the fence.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-01-17 at 08:03.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:44   Link #131
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

i think what people like or dislike about a gundam series is relative and suggestive to personal opinions
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 01:11   Link #132
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
i think what people like or dislike about a gundam series is relative and suggestive to personal opinions
I don't think anyone thinks otherwise.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 10:53   Link #133
leolim

I strongly dislike the AU Gundam because I can't stand the character design for the lacking "MANLY LOOK", I fell i'm watching boy love crap drama that why I prefer the UC because its orginal and the best just like any classics like Transformers G1, Macross, Tekkaman Blade, Bubblegum Crisis and Cowboy Bebop.
leolim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 20:23   Link #134
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

There is no incarnation of Gundam I dislike, although I will say that War in The Pocket is easily my least favorite entry and before the flaming arrows come I will explain.

There are parts of this ova I did like and I will start with that: The opening battle of the Cyclops Team, the battles that involved Alex Gundam and Kampfer, the space colony battles both in and out of the colony, nicely fluid animation, some good art to it, and there is no character I disliked. Kind of a bonus that in the middle of the series (either ep 3 or 4) is the use of spying on the feddie base with Bernie and Alfed.

What I did not like? The fact that the best battle was their first and one of the few, it lead me to believe that the ova was going to be full of these types of battles (it's of the military action, why would I not?) and we only ever got two more for the remaining time span. The rest of that time is mostly day to day life talking, which isn't bad for the first episode or two, but later on it kind of tears away at the engagement. I have seen anime series that do this too, but it was over the span of more episodes, which WitP did not have. While I didn't dislike any of the characters there was nobody I cared for either or even found noteworthy outside of Alfred liking war and screaming "BERNIE" all the time in the last ep. Short length kind of killed it. The BIG complaint? The reason Age isn't lower? Music. Yes, I really did not enjoy either opening theme and none of the background music was noteworthy.

*slowly backs out*
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 22:27   Link #135
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Well, it was never hidden that the main intention of 0080 IS the characters and their development more so than a bunch of Mobile Suit battles. It really shines more of a light that reveals much of a gray area that isn't really explored all THAT often or deeply in Gundam, even in the UC-era. Besides 0080, the only other to really explore it more was The 08th MS Team in showing that there truly is no clear cut "good guy" or "bad guy", especially in times of war. There are many good people as well as corrupt people on both sides.

Yeah, other series' do show that each side has some good and bad people, but in the end, it really comes down to there being much of an "obvious" good guy and bad guy for people to root for while those few others are really more one-time sympathy characters who tend to die in the end and not really THAT memorable most of the time. (Especially with most of the AU series'.)

It also showed just how war, no matter how big or small the battles, can affect those around it. Like we saw, Al was just like any other little, naive kid who saw war as fun and games in the beginning, yet even after meeting Bernie and seeing what a nice guy he is, he still had no clue. It's not until being right smack in the middle of the last fight and seeing it first-hand (as well as being personally affected) did he see just how horrible war really is, especially with seeing him being so quiet while all the other kids around him that we saw in the beginning were still going on excitedly about how cool it was.

Also, this was really just a minor, more isolated incident during the very last days of the One Year War, so you really CAN'T make an extended series based off of such a short amount of time anyway. At least not without making it totally obvious that all you're trying to do IS drag it out just to fill up extra episode slots.
Old 2013-02-22, 02:09   Link #136
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
I believe the word you are searching for is "Subjective"?

The one Gundam I really hate is.....o wait we swore to never speak its name and pretend it did not exist (Hint: Not AGE or DESTINY)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:36   Link #137
firefox
Seed seeder

Gundam series i dislike ummm:

1. Zeta gundam
2. ZZ gundam
3. V gundam
4. MSG 79
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:15   Link #138
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Gundam series i dislike ummm:

1. Zeta gundam
2. ZZ gundam
3. V gundam
4. MSG 79
Regarding Zeta and V, can you elaborate on why?
Old 2013-03-26, 20:16   Link #139
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Regarding Zeta and V, can you elaborate on why?
Much less the original...and no...old animation doesn't count, lol.

Anyone can get ZZ though (at least half of it).
Old 2013-03-27, 22:53   Link #140
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Much less the original...and no...old animation doesn't count, lol.

Anyone can get ZZ though (at least half of it).

Agreed. I thought ZZ was consistently great from Ep. 20 onward.