AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 01:51   Link #821
garbage

whoa that pace was really fast! such a packed ep. barely even a fight without the docking, and no army navy around, time constraint is really showing here. that's too bad. not to mention from stranger to fight to docking in no time flat ! hey how where they able to Dock? can't be that close, connection of warrior spirit??maybe... uh Akane's a natural fighting genius to be able to go against a national champion just like that, not to mention using butterfly catch twice! well first time is reasonable she had the palette suit on. and Nitouryu??? Anyway still a fun episode especially that chase sequence during lunch break

saegusa has the best transformation sequence yet, just for that look! That Chesto expression made me remember Togame, at least saegusa got it right! Also what kind of a challenge letter is that! love letter indeed...

Princess carry momo, hmm she looks kinda small in that shot, out of proportion with saegusa.

Also is just me or using bloomers as school uniform kinda... weird?...not that i'm complaining at least the guys uniforms are regular it would be disastrous if they were also wearing the same.......>.<

So vivid green is ninja type chara! so i guess Docking is basically Akane + someone else, with quite possibly a multiple fusion near the end. It seems the Alone is also getting energy from the Engine

"but professor, how on earth did you end up in that body?" wouldn't we all want to know...

another show with multiple endings, getting to be common nowadays. good i think, but still I would prefer 1 Wareta Ringo quality like versus 10-12 average songs.
Old 2013-01-25, 02:12   Link #822
APNki

APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 02:32   Link #823
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 03

VIVID ZETTAI RYOUIKI BUTT

I'm in love no wait officer, she said she was 18! my delusions aside, meine gott that moved too fast. I expected as much that the episode would end with her transformation, but not the docking, or the fact that she hasn't used her own weapon, or the fact that the Alone wasn't defeated yet and it already went to the second stage, what in the world? This totally ruined Wakaba's introduction! I mean come on, she didn't even get to use her own weapon! You know what this makes me feel like? It's almost as if it looks like they can't beat the Alone without docking anymore. Now I know it was the second stage they beat, but that made it even worse. That hedgehog eel had Aoi down for the count, heck I was so close to expecting Aoi to be defeated.

So what's it now? Himawari shows up next ep, gets her key, opens a door into the docking station and that's it? 3 dockings in 3 eps, I don't know about you folks, but I just can't see these girls fighting without docking anymore

Like HighGear said, I shouldn't be complaining, I get to see a green Houki! Ponytail + my favorite color is enough to erase my mind of the speedy plot if you don't think too much about it, it's actually quite funny. Like the talk about Aoi being NTR'ed, it's so true! I mean look at it this way:

-Aoi didn't get to go to school together with Akane.
-Aoi couldn't have lunch together with Akane.
-Aoi could only look on as Akane and Wakaba were having fun at the beach together
-ENTER YANDERE AOI *runs*

I hadn't seen Akarin make it already, but since I already made it, I'll just share this free avatar:

in the meantime, I'll be using my first Vivid avatar of the series
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not even going to bother asking why that thing was attacking a beach anyways, instead of you know going after the reactor that's supposed to be important.
I know, right? I was asking myself "why is this worm leaving it's comfy abode beneath the waves? It has a loli detector or something?" I mean, there was nothing resembling the engine nearby, so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Anybody else getting the feeling Akane isn't human? It becomes more apparent it isn't a case of two girls combining but Akane merging with the girls.

We know 7 years ago Akane and her mother were about to drop a long way down.

Akane's mother would have injuries from the fall, somehow surviving that, thus being hospitalized over a long period of time.

Whatever happened 7 years ago could've changed Akane physically.

Oh another cliche Ground Defense Force Mao-chan the new teacher is also the military leader of the girls.
...I got to thinking about this. Grandpa specifically made the key for Akane. It's possible that she was granted special powers from the accident many years ago, having been so close to the prototyp'ish engine, and Grandpa knew this, which is why he spent much time and resources on making the key. And seeing as how Akane is the Keymaker, I should expect these girls to enter the matrix I mean Akane probably has a special link to the engine, and this might be what the hedgehog eel reacted to, Akane's presence on the beach and her exertion of energy.

Maybe that's why only she has that wheel-less bike. Kinda like she powers it herself
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 02:32   Link #824
Pacify

Episode felt a bit too silly to me, the previous 2 were on the edge, but this was just too much.. Perhaps the awful pacing was to blame

I still dont get why they dont wear pants, like in Strike Witches lol. Although i guess its not as distracting as it was in strike witches. that was just downright weird lol
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 02:48   Link #825
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Really now, Akane, cheating on Aoi right in front of her, and with a girl you've just met? For shame! You should have at least invited her to join you.
Yeah, and she didn't even wait one full episode before straying, either! I never expected Akane to be the one to dethrone Makoto Itou.

Enjoy your glory while it lasts, Saegusa. You might be on top right now, but come next episode Akane's going to cheat on you and Aoi with yet another girl. The girl just isn't into the whole monogamy thing, I'm sad to say.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 02:50   Link #826
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It was a bit quick, I admit, but the only thing that the series should explain is how Akane got so good at being acrobatic. Other than that, it doesn't come as a surprise that Wakaba wanted to be friends with Akane because she was her "worthy rival". And I think the "duel" actually helped in the docking, since they both enjoyed fighting each other.

This probably means that the "hearts at sync" part may apply not only to friendship, but to other things as well.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2013-01-25 at 03:15. Reason: Ah, that's the word.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 03:14   Link #827
dark998

Well, devoting most of the episode to the build up between Akane and Wakaba to climax in the latter joining the team worked good enough. And they even managed to fit an Alone battle too! It was over fast but it is all for a greater good (Himawari intro next week).

The series also keeps delivering in the transfomation sequences, now with Wakaba and VividGreen fusion. In other technical matters, OP gets updated with Aoi's sequence and brand new ED too. Neat.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:09   Link #828
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 3:

- The only way they could've made this episode more excellent is if all the boys wore the short-pants.

- For these opening episodes I feel like I'm watching Precure, particularly Smile. From the "every week we get new Alone and new transformation" and the "powered up monster" set up, to the fact that the main girls' fruit-jelly hair stands out like a sore thumb in class compared to the rest of the students.

- It's also much much funnier. Once again I couldn't stop laughing this week, particular during the kendo scene between Akane and Saegusa (the music they choose to employ at this point was priceless). That was the cheesiest thing I've seen this year so far, yet Vividred makes everything fun to watch since it's so unabashed with how it goes about everything. I feel young watching this. Oh and really liked the new ED as well

- Saegusa's dad is also unexpectedly good looking. Reminds me of Tom Cruise in The Last Samurai. Strangely, I don't think much of the real Tom Cruise though...
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:25   Link #829
Used Can

The guys making this sure love the ass. This makes me happy, because generally you see a lot of focus on the tits and rarely on the bottoms. I'm happy they have a different perspective.

As for Akane being able to take Wakaba on kendo... yes, I think that was rubbish too. At first I thought she was able to pull it off due to the suit, but then she went and did it on regular clothes, kept pulling a ton of stunts, even dual-wielding... It was entertaining to watch but hard to swallow.

Not only that, but the whole thing is supposed to be secret and yet as soon as Wakaba asked to join in, both Akane and her grandfather were all "Yes! Sure thing!" as if it was the most natural thing. But well, both Akane and Aoi got this military technology granted to them on no real criteria, other than one of them being the granddaughter of the one who engineered this and the other one being the best friend of the previous girl, and she was needed so that they could "dock".

Anyhow, I'm enjoying this, but some stuff is seriously cringe-worthy.
Old 2013-01-25, 04:25   Link #830
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not even going to bother asking why that thing was attacking a beach anyways, instead of you know going after the reactor that's supposed to be important.
If you notice, their new school (and thus the beach) is on Blue Island, which houses the reactor.

As to this episode, from the dialogue to the pacing to the combat art style... it's like I'm watching a Brave Series, something like Fighbird or Dagwon, though VRO is superior to the latter example imho. Hell, both the docked form's finishers are ripped straight out of the Brave series including the trademark Yuusha pose. The only thing different between VRO and any other Brave series are all those ass shots

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 04:53   Link #831
Sol Falling

Man, that was seriously too fast. Sure, I laughed/enjoyed it pretty much the whole way through, but at this point they're blatantly showing the constraints of their storytelling (pacing, etc.). If you ask me, the true creativity in making works like anime is about not letting those kinds of constraints show, getting in the way of your audience. As much as I enjoy Vividred, I can't respect it as much anymore.

Anyway, I guess with just this episode so far I haven't yet gotten annoyed with the total character focus on Akane. However, if it's gonna be straight up more episodes of this even after the introduction of Himawari, then I think eventually I'm gonna get tired of the other characters being shafted. Hopefully at some point it is going to become possible for docking to occur between other characters. Otherwise, I can't see this series possibly holding enough depth and variability to have a long-lasting story.

Oh well. I guess in general at least the transformation and action scenes will remain very nice.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2013-01-25 at 07:01.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 05:28   Link #832
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

That was extremely funny, very enjoyable, incredibly rushed, and unbelievably stupid xD.

The only thing I couldn't exactly swallow was Akane matching Wakaba in their fight, but I see I'm not alone in that xD. I honestly expect a reveal that Akane isn't exactly human or something, because no amount of natural talent can replace the years of dedicated training Wakaba must have been putting in.

And we get some NTR scenes, but Wakaba seems to be aiming for the imouto instead. The relationship chart will get really messy once the full cast has gathered.

Also, Rei sitting calmly in the last row xD. This is actually a complete reversal of the mysterious transfer student cliche - the mysterious student was always there to begin with.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 06:47   Link #833
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hey, at least the only person who knows about the "military secrets" of the Vivid System who is not Not!Homu is now a military secret herself.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-01-25, 08:01   Link #834
xizro345
King's Justice

This show is done just to have fun, so I'm not going to nitpick all the stuff that may usually annoy me. I'll just enjoy the ride.

In general I'd be the first to say that Akane's not being able to Wakaba's attacks, but there's too little information said beforehand to make a reasonable assumption. In this case, since the show itself knows it's stretching credibility at maximum, I'll go with its lack of explanation.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 08:29   Link #835
HandofFate

Is this set for 12 or 24 episodes?

Anyway, once that girl with the bow eventually joins up with the good guys, hope they pull a standard sentai move and bring in Gold and Silver out of nowhere that has a different team/theme than Akane's group.
Old 2013-01-25, 08:32   Link #836
gaiar31

12-13 episode
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 08:35   Link #837
seiftis
~defying fate

The whole thing with Rei shooting arrow to power up monster-of-the-week... reminds me of old Super Sentai shows (where somebody will make the monsters grow stronger and bigger after being almost defeated)
Old 2013-01-25, 08:39   Link #838
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Rita Repulsa?

Old 2013-01-25, 08:45   Link #839
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The 3rd episode was quite funny with the Kamina joke.
Old 2013-01-25, 08:49   Link #840
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Reita Repulsa?
fixed.

===

Also ideas still overflowing.

Last edited by Saint X; 2013-01-25 at 08:52. Reason: added a few more bits.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, science fiction