AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-12, 08:39   Link #81
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Show is Tsundere. It wants to be Light some days than Dark the next.
Ore no Valvrave?
Old 2013-06-12, 08:42   Link #82
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I don't see the point of its second season starting with a two-hundred-year time skip, I bet it will be shown in the latter part of the show but won't happen at the beginning of the first episodes. It's not like Haruto will have an amnesia and forget about his love ones like what happened to Lelouch, getting his memories erased. Saki being like C2 and Kallen kicking Dorssia's ass, Shouko leading a nation and L Elf walking behind the curtains.
Old 2013-06-12, 08:48   Link #83
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
I don't see the point of its second season starting with a two-hundred-year time skip, I bet it will be shown in the latter part of the show but won't happen at the beginning of the first episodes. It's not like Haruto will have an amnesia and forget about his love ones like what happened to Lelouch, getting his memories erased. Saki being like Saki and Kallen kicking Dorssia's ass, Shouko leading a nation and L Elf walking behind the curtains.
I'm thinking the second season take place in the current time frame and after the time-skip.
Old 2013-06-12, 08:55   Link #84
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I'm thinking the second season take place in the current time frame and after the time-skip.
Me too. That's better than to see Valvrave begins with a big time gap, revealing who makes it alive then.
Old 2013-06-12, 09:00   Link #85
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Me too. That's better than to see Valvrave begins with a big time gap, revealing who makes it alive then.
First season will probably end on a cliffhanger, then the second season will probably reveal who's still alive like you said. Then they might troll us and kill off someone major in the first few episodes.
Old 2013-06-12, 13:42   Link #86
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
I don't see the point of its second season starting with a two-hundred-year time skip, I bet it will be shown in the latter part of the show but won't happen at the beginning of the first episodes. It's not like Haruto will have an amnesia and forget about his love ones like what happened to Lelouch, getting his memories erased. Saki being like C2 and Kallen kicking Dorssia's ass, Shouko leading a nation and L Elf walking behind the curtains.
I hate to be "that" guy, but you are giving out at least one CG spoiler there.

back2topic:
Now the deaths have to speed up. There are only 3 Episodes left this season. And coincidently there are also exactly 3 "Golden Seven" members left to join the fun...
Old 2013-06-12, 15:29   Link #87
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
It's kind of like if you killed Suzaku or Kallen early on in the Code Geass series, or even Lelouch. Killing Suzaku or Kallen would've been pointless, because they're just pilots. One side just gets an advantage over the other in terms of skill. Pretty easy issue to remedy in an anime. If Lelouch died, then everything falls apart.

L-Elf isn't even really a pilot or the leader. He's kind of the tactician. If he died people wouldn't particularly bat an eyelash at it. Sure, the module would be doomed and everyone would probably die, but he's just a dude who's selfishly assisting them. His death just makes them vulnerable, and as they are they're already plenty vulnerable.

When a pilot dies it doesn't carry the greatest meaning either. People expect a pilot to die, whether they want to admit it or not. After all, when people are going into battle against a ruthless force of a military nation you hardly expect it to be rainbows and unicorns. Any major effect would be extremely limited, to the other pilots more than likely. One of the three can't even die because she has to live for hundreds of years.

Now Haruto on the other hand... Everything pretty much revolves around him.

As far as Valvrave goes, I think simply because the pilots are immortal and we know that several of them will survive for hundreds of years, it's unlikely that any of them will die. There's just no point, and it's contrary to the story established thus far.
Now I like Haruto a lot as an MC, but I think he needs L-elf as his balance. Also, getting rid of the only war tactician on their side would doom NeoJIOR. Before him, they pretty much got by with only blind luck and brute force, which will only hold up so long. L-11 is their Lelouch in this case, and if he died, this show would completely fall apart.

And not just in terms of the plot, I know a large majority who consider L-elf their favorite character and that much of the show is carried by him. To get rid of him would be a suicidal for this show as it would be to kill off Lelouch or Light mid-season.

And because of that, I do agree that L-11 probably has even more invincibility plot armor than even the immortal pilots. I guarantee that even if he doesn't become a pilot, they will find some way for him to survive the timeskip.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-12, 17:02   Link #88
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
[...]they will find some way for him to survive the timeskip.
I know 3 possible ways for surviving some centuries:

1. Gain immortality and eternal youth by becoming a mythical creature like Valvrave pilots (very unlikely).
2. Get trapped in "Time Dilation" of a black hole for 300 years, like Captain Dylan Hunt from the sci-fi-series "Andromeda"
3. The typical "Cryo Stasis", or "Being frozen for some centuries".
Old 2013-06-12, 17:30   Link #89
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Maybe Dorssia successfully captures L-Elf, but knowing what a SuperSoldier he is, they determine there's no safe way to hold him short of cryogenic freezing him. And since he's such a great SuperSoldier, they don't want to just execute him - They intend to research ways to completely manipulate his mind to make him a loyal soldier once more. At some point, their research efforts run dry, and L-Elf is just left frozen... until the immortal Valvrave pilots come to save him post-Time Skip.
Old 2013-06-12, 17:50   Link #90
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

1. Gain immortality and eternal youth by becoming a mythical creature like Valvrave pilots (very unlikely).
2. Get trapped in "Time Dilation" of a black hole for 300 years, like Captain Dylan Hunt from the sci-fi-series "Andromeda"
Actually it could be possible that he could become an immortal without being a pilot. For instance, I think Cain is possibly/probably an immortal and as far as we have seen, isn't a Valvrave pilot. It might have something to do with the whole "reproduce" thing.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-12, 18:03   Link #91
Destined_Fate

Basically, clone L-Elf for the future! Shoko is taken as well to keep Haruto and the Golden 7 from breaking L-Elf out as they will pull the trigger to kill Shoko if they try!
Old 2013-06-12, 23:35   Link #92
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post

4. Or undergo suspended animation
5. Stupid time travel
Old 2013-06-12, 23:41   Link #93
whitecloud

Can we add haruto here...he is soooo dead....well not literally, but figuratively, and socially if it what he does leak out
Old 2013-06-12, 23:46   Link #94
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Can we add haruto here...he is soooo dead....well not literally, but figuratively, and socially if it what he does leak out
Saki's fanboys will totally hunt Haruto down and massacre him if they find out what happened between him and their idol goddess!
Old 2013-06-14, 00:20   Link #95
Irenesharda

I'm sorry, but Shoko has so many death flags it's sad, and this latest episode piled a few more on her.

This episode also handed out death flags to a majority of the school population, and especially Satomi, and perhaps even Marie.

Haruto might also be doomed to become a tragic MC after this episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-14, 00:26   Link #96
Destined_Fate

Geez, drop with the death flags already. We get it, you expect Shoko to die. I expect her to live.
Old 2013-06-14, 04:28   Link #97
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Geez, drop with the death flags already. We get it, you expect Shoko to die. I expect her to live.
Yeah! I totally agree with you. Death flags? Pft! those words are but imagination.
Old 2013-06-14, 04:44   Link #98
whitecloud

how about 90 % of the colony..one gundam series do that...i think? about shoko dying? yea she will die..i dont think she will survive 200 years
Old 2013-06-14, 17:45   Link #99
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
[...]about shoko dying? yea she will die..i dont think she will survive 200 years
lol, cryo-stasis! Problem?
Old 2013-06-14, 17:50   Link #100
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
The way it is going, Shouko surviving is going to be more painful than her dying. One way or another she won't survive the timeskip, and her not getting killed just means she gets to watch Haruto being forced to marry Saki out of duty.