AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-10, 12:44   Link #9441
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

To be honest, Godou's way too unnatural. At that age (speaking from experience here), if you can resist your desires, then something's defnetly wrong with you. I'm now older, so it's not impossible to buckle up and refuse a submissive, obedient and willing woman, but at that age, it was definetly impossible. That's why I can't see him as a real human being (knowing that he's neither gay nor frigid). His personality is way too superficial.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 14:15   Link #9442
Kadi
知識の探求者

I wonder... if I'd been told "Don't get close to girls! Or you'll end up like your grandfather, which is bad! Bad! Bad!" all my life... You can either accept that or not, personally, I decide not to care about it.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 14:33   Link #9443
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I wonder... if I'd been told "Don't get close to girls! Or you'll end up like your grandfather, which is bad! Bad! Bad!" all my life... You can either accept that or not, personally, I decide not to care about it.
It's only bad from other peoples moral perspective, but if you ask me I'd say Godou has it pretty good.
Does that make me immoral for thinking that way?
Old 2014-02-10, 14:38   Link #9444
crim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
It's only bad from other peoples moral perspective, but if you ask me I'd say Godou has it pretty good.
Does that make me immoral for thinking that way?
I think Chris Rock sums it it for you: A man is basically as faithful as his options.
crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 14:49   Link #9445
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
From another perspective, Godou remaining in this unstable state where he's not a playboy, nor does he avoid relationships is quite odd, really.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 15:36   Link #9446
Kadi
知識の探求者

But he does avoid relationships... at least he did until Erica. It was beat into him. I must've been traumatizing... brainwashing! And after Erica, he kept avoiding relationships, if for entirely different reasons. For a while, anyway.
Old 2014-02-10, 15:50   Link #9447
XFire
150% done

Quote:
But he does avoid relationships... at least he did until Erica. It was beat into him. I must've been traumatizing... brainwashing! And after Erica, he kept avoiding relationships, if for entirely different reasons. For a while, anyway.
Well, depends on what you mean by avoid. In volume six, Lilianna produces a list of like thirty girls (and ten boys, because lolz) that were obviously in love with him. However, Godou being Godou he never realized that and assumed they were merely friends.

Erica just barely broke through using her forceful personality and various plot-related reasons. That should tell you something about Godou: Even Erica needed help from the author to break through his density.
Old 2014-02-10, 15:53   Link #9448
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
When I said avoid, I meant in the sense of going completely asexual. He clearly manages to be a playboy subconsciously, yet he doesn't take advantage at all.

Weird.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-10, 15:53   Link #9449
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, depends on what you mean by avoid. In volume six, Lilianna produces a list of like thirty girls (and ten boys, because lolz) that were obviously in love with him. However, Godou being Godou he never realized that and assumed they were merely friends.

Erica just barely broke through using her forceful personality and various plot-related reasons. That should tell you something about Godou: Even Erica needed help from the author to break through his density.
Yes, the girls Liliana mentioned all suffered from him avoiding relationships. If he didn't go that far, he'd get hell at home. Well, even more hell than he got anyway.

Yes, of course, this is only a consequence of his ridiculous, unrealistic treatment/environment at home, but at least it's consequent. I think...
Old 2014-02-10, 16:12   Link #9450
erdii

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
To be honest, Godou's way too unnatural. At that age (speaking from experience here), if you can resist your desires, then something's defnetly wrong with you. I'm now older, so it's not impossible to buckle up and refuse a submissive, obedient and willing woman, but at that age, it was definetly impossible. That's why I can't see him as a real human being (knowing that he's neither gay nor frigid). His personality is way too superficial.
well it wouldn't be good if he was like Issei
for me his carisma that is enough to make goddesses fall for him is too much. he should learn to control it
Old 2014-02-10, 16:59   Link #9451
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post

Who are we talking about here? Erica is willing (so are the other girls, but they wouldn't admit that) but none of them really fit that "submissive, obedient" remark.

Erica is constantly trying to dominate everyone, though she fails against Ena and Youth!Godou.

Yuri explicitly acts like a demon when she thinks Godou is crossing the line.

Lilianna goes on a tangent at the slightest sign of impropriety.

Ena is probably the closest to what you said (which is kind of strange when you consider her personality) but the other three always cock-block her.

And there are two important facts that should be considered.

One, Godou is aware of their feelings and is aware that if he answered them he'd be in heaven on earth. However, his personality keeps him from taking advantage of this. Note that I'm not referring to his artificial inhibitions (created by his environment) but his actual king-like personality. He doesn't want to indulge in that behavior because it could "dull his fangs" and get them all killed, so he's holding back until he feels confident he has matured enough.

Two, Godou without his inhibitions (Youth, Berserk, Future Godou) does in fact act like you describe. None of the girls are capable of resisting him (none of them even remember they're supposed to want to) and it takes him all of a five-minute conversation to seduce and dominate a Divine Ancestor (Guinevere).
Old 2014-02-10, 19:57   Link #9452
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

@Hokoga

For that quote, I might be reading it wrong but I don't exactly see him actually noticing anything there. From what I've seen, he seems to be repressing or conveniently censoring them, with the only ones he acknowledges was with the four, but that's pure speculation on my side. I don't have quote where he explicitly (or the narration) admits that he actually purposefully ignoring them or anything. It might be implied, but implication isn't absolute.

For some reason now I'm imagining a Godou that actually knows he's attracting girls but purposefully ignores it. For a different reason: for the lulz. I really wonder how a Troll!SB!Godou would be, and how would it effect the story.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 12:03   Link #9453
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:

Who are we talking about here? Erica is willing (so are the other girls, but they wouldn't admit that) but none of them really fit that "submissive, obedient" remark.

Erica is constantly trying to dominate everyone, though she fails against Ena and Youth!Godou.

Yuri explicitly acts like a demon when she thinks Godou is crossing the line.

Lilianna goes on a tangent at the slightest sign of impropriety.

Ena is probably the closest to what you said (which is kind of strange when you consider her personality) but the other three always cock-block her.
Well, about Erica, it's playfulness, really. She'd be willing to do anything she's "forced into", I believe. Don't forget that originally she's the "oh so grand knight". Yea, I can "really see that from her behaviour". She doesn't really fail with Godou, she finds it fun that he acts like a wuss and quickly retreats when she goes on the offensive. But not only does she know that once he buckles up, she won't be able to do it again, she's actually waiting for it. So the intention's clear as day.

Yuri only acts like a demon because she's insecure and jealous. Insecure, being one of the two who aren't called by their first names (rare notion, she actually grumbles about it), and jealous because she doesn't feel that she'll be needed and "kept" in the long run (much like Ena). She did say "we do not regret engaging in this kind of activity" as well.

Lilianna is just embarrassed. Also clear as day. Actually, if she weren't magnanimous enough, she could be a model yandere. You know it too. Admit it.

Ena's Ena. Nuff' said.

Quote:
One, Godou is aware of their feelings and is aware that if he answered them he'd be in heaven on earth. However, his personality keeps him from taking advantage of this. Note that I'm not referring to his artificial inhibitions (created by his environment) but his actual king-like personality. He doesn't want to indulge in that behavior because it could "dull his fangs" and get them all killed, so he's holding back until he feels confident he has matured enough.

Two, Godou without his inhibitions (Youth, Berserk, Future Godou) does in fact act like you describe. None of the girls are capable of resisting him (none of them even remember they're supposed to want to) and it takes him all of a five-minute conversation to seduce and dominate a Divine Ancestor (Guinevere).
Well, as for point number one: that's actually a very bad expression from the author. His personality is a result of his inhibitions and the agression of the women around him. Don't forget that. Also, his king-like personality is bogus dude. He only acts like (and refers to himself as) a king when he's rid of the limiting factors of his "human rationale". That also gives a nice retort to point two.

"LOVE AND PEACE" (Vash)
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 19:33   Link #9454
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I think for all of them it's all because the way they were raised. Erica was raised by Paolo who is a Paladino, it gives her pride and makes her act the way she does. Yuri was rather timid (due to her experience?), so she tries to subscribe to the rules and norms of the society; a little too much due to her timidity though. Liliana was childhood friend with Erica, try not to be embarrassed and stiff when Erica is... like that. And Ena was raised close with nature, she's a bit like animal that way.

Not that it really matters anymore with Godou being the center of their lives of course.
Old 2014-02-12, 19:42   Link #9455
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I think for all of them it's all because the way they were raised. Erica was raised by Paolo who is a Paladino, it gives her pride and makes her act the way she does. Yuri was rather timid (due to her experience?), so she tries to subscribe to the rules and norms of the society; a little too much due to her timidity though. Liliana was childhood friend with Erica, try not to be embarrassed and stiff when Erica is... like that. And Ena was raised close with nature, she's a bit like animal that way.

Not that it really matters anymore with Godou being the center of their lives of course.
I slightly agree on these points. Erica is the classic oujo-sama if she says jump you say how high her opinion is godou should be thrilled to see her naked. Ironically enough in the anime episode 1 she tries to kill him for seeing her naked episode 2 she's naked in his bed.
Lilianna is Erica's childhood friend and I believe she has a massive inferiority complex to Erica so as a result she's hesistant to admit her feelings plus she's a closet romantic from her novels.
Yuri is your token shrine maiden girl she was raised to be pure and she acts it (although me think she's a closet pervert) she may be a bit jealous of Erica but not as much as lily. Yuri's big worry is because she isn't really a fighter she's useless to godou
Ena to me is Liliana with zero hesistation. She wants to be romantic with godou but unlike lilianna she doesn't hesistate to act on her feelings.

Godou's problem is he knows full well he attracts women but he doesn't want to be like his grandfather who is a known playboy and the idea he's a playboy annoys him.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 23:33   Link #9456
XFire
150% done

Um, guys? Quick question. Someone on another site said the author died. Judging how this place hasn't exploded, I doubt the rumor, but he said he heard it here.
Old 2014-02-13, 23:44   Link #9457
Chris38

Quote:
Um, guys? Quick question. Someone on another site said the author died. Judging how this place hasn't exploded, I doubt the rumor, but he said he heard it here.
Judging from what I heard about this 'rumor' ... on the BT site ... someone seems to have confused Campione with Zero no Tsukaima.

I don't have any idea on how that's possible, but I think that's the source of this 'rumor'.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:02   Link #9458
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

That, or how when someone isn't updating anymore people like to say/ask that he's "dead". Not that it's likely considering that the guy is still somewhat active anyway.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:57   Link #9459
anime fan99

When this Anime will get a new season or new series/remake
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 01:05   Link #9460
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Judging from what I heard about this 'rumor' ... on the BT site ... someone seems to have confused Campione with Zero no Tsukaima.

I don't have any idea on how that's possible, but I think that's the source of this 'rumor'.
That's more or less what I assumed, but I figured I should at least check before tearing this guy a new one. Of course, now that I have checked....

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem