AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-02-13, 07:59   Link #741
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

... which chapter is it people is at ... i've been unable to find anything above 33
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 12:22   Link #742
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilen View Post
... which chapter is it people is at ... i've been unable to find anything above 33
I think thats where they left it off.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 16:21   Link #743
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Wrong, 2/22, it won't be out yet. A bit more than a week left.
Worst news I read all week...

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 09:44   Link #744
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
Damn im getting extremely impatient here. Im dying. The wait is killing me.
Me, too. The wait is absolute agony

I have been waiting for the latest translated chapter (Chapter 34) for forever.

I already have read 33 translated chapters so far. I am anxious to know what Aoki-sensei will do about Rin and the cousin of her deceased mom in the Chapter 34

Last edited by stelok; 2008-02-15 at 02:39. Reason: Correcting a little mistake
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 18:39   Link #745
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelok View Post
Me, too. The wait is absolute agony

I have been waiting for the latest translated chapter (Chapter 34) for forever.

I already have read 33 translated chapters so far. I am anxious to know what Aoki-sensei will do about Rin and her cousin in the Chapter 34
Yes i know. This is exactly what i want to find out. They left it at such a critical point. I better see a full color double chapter release!

Also maybe the story is going to move into another arc? Like this is Reijis go-crazy arc and the woman with the shoes is the 2nd arc? I dont know but it seems pretty neat.
Old 2008-02-14, 21:20   Link #746
Lunar Archivist

I've been wondering about the woman with the camera for a while. My best guesses are:

1. A social worker checking Reiji out for signs of potential child abuse.

2. A female relative of Rin's - maybe even the girlfriend or wife of her biological father - who's looking to adopt her.

3. Rin, Kuro, and Mimi's old homeroom teacher, Nogi-sensei, trying to keep an eye out for her former troubled students.

I'm probably completely wrong. Anyone else got any ideas?

The Lunar Archivist
Lunar Archivist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 02:45   Link #747
stelok
I My Me Strawberry Eggs

Send a message via ICQ to stelok Send a message via AIM to stelok Send a message via MSN to stelok Send a message via Yahoo to stelok
I have a feeling that this Reijis go-crazy story arc might be the one of the last story arcs going near to the end of the manga series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
I've been wondering about the woman with the camera for a while. My best guesses are:

3. Rin, Kuro, and Mimi's old homeroom teacher, Nogi-sensei, trying to keep an eye out for her former troubled students.

I'm probably completely wrong. Anyone else got any ideas?

The Lunar Archivist
I thought the old homeroom teacher of the three girls and Aoki's predecessor was a man who Rin harassed for hurting Mimi. Nogi-sensei, eh? Maybe I must have missed the chapters where Nogi appeared. I am gonna look back to the files and re-read the chapters.
stelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 06:56   Link #748
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

as far as the story goes they had another teacher for 1'st grade ...
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 20:44   Link #749
Lunar Archivist

Yeah, sorry I didn't clarify that...I meant the girls' first grade teacher. I'm not sure if she was ever named in the manga, but she was identified in the anime by the name "Nogi-sensei". What little information there is on her is summarized here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...kan_characters

She's in the "Minor Characters" section.

The Lunar Archivist
Old 2008-02-16, 23:12   Link #750
Lost of words

I just continuely hope that chapter 34 comes out soon or I might just be forced to order the mangas from japan and start the translations myself. I can read japanese but its a pain when its not my native language.
Lost of words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 00:53   Link #751
Lunar Archivist

I'm afraid that won't do you any good. Chapter 34 is only coming out next Friday, February 22, 2008. The tankoubon collecting Chapters 29 to 35 will be released around April 15, 2008 by my estimate. So it's either wait one week for the SaHa scanlation or wait two months for the Japanese-only Volume 5. o_O

The Lunar Archivist
Old 2008-02-18, 02:11   Link #752
Zantetsuken68

I agree with what many of you have said. I too am getting sick and tired of the moralistic grand-standers who try to dictate what others watch or read. If something offends your 'so-called' values, then don't do it. But don't force that decision on others.

I saw a fan sub of Kodomo no Jikan, and I thought it was great. It had an intelligent story behind all the silliness, and interesting characters. I never read the manga, so I can't say what it's like. But if it's anything like the anime, it should be just as good.

Another thing that amuses me, is how some say this manga could encourage pedophiles to prey on children. This ranks up there with people blaming violent movies and games for the rise in murder and other crimes. To me, this is just making excuses for people who commit the crimes, instead of holding them accountable for their actions.

In the end, it should be up to us to decide whether or not to watch or read certain material. Unless it's something that can be truly harmful to the people involved.
Zantetsuken68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 04:00   Link #753
jigenbakuda
Kazumi sure is cute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken68 View Post
I agree with what many of you have said. I too am getting sick and tired of the moralistic grand-standers who try to dictate what others watch or read. If something offends your 'so-called' values, then don't do it. But don't force that decision on others.

I saw a fan sub of Kodomo no Jikan, and I thought it was great. It had an intelligent story behind all the silliness, and interesting characters. I never read the manga, so I can't say what it's like. But if it's anything like the anime, it should be just as good.

Another thing that amuses me, is how some say this manga could encourage pedophiles to prey on children. This ranks up there with people blaming violent movies and games for the rise in murder and other crimes. To me, this is just making excuses for people who commit the crimes, instead of holding them accountable for their actions.

In the end, it should be up to us to decide whether or not to watch or read certain material. Unless it's something that can be truly harmful to the people involved.
Well my friend as has been said many a times... There is no real pedophile in the story, may reiji, lol no definitely reiji, but daisuke does nothing. Rin makes all the advances. Its like saying a story encourages homosexuality if a straight man is sexually harassed by a homosexual man. The straight man does not encourage or want the advances by the homosexual guy. But like it or not the straight man would get used to it if it continued for a long time (unless he called the police, which is not a viable option for poor daisuke), so it is exactly the same for daisuke. Most of the hype arpund the story is by people who never read the story... Most who read the story enjoy it, most who see that "ejaculate inside of me" pic or the "melted ice cream (that looks like a sperm filled condom" pic say the type of stuff like, it encourages pedophiles... bakabakashi...

Well in my opinion, I think if you liked the anime you should enjoy the manga so much more. I feel like the manga's story is better, plus it explains rin's behavior much more. Also reiji.. he looks pretty bad in the anime version, the anime also doesn't explain his feelings for rin too well... I think a couple things were changed. The manga to me is far superior. The anime does have music though.. the imfamous episode 6.. the music and overall feeling of the episode could not be compared to the manga version. That episode... so touching, if only manga had music too <cracks a tear> Anyways go and check out the OVA for kodomo no jikan as well and get the 33 chapters of the manga, its a great read!

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
jigenbakuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 06:25   Link #754
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

on the subject of morals i don't see a problem with people complaining let them complain who does it hurt. but seriously there are no pedophiles in this book, I have only seen 3 males, 1 wants to be her father, 1 wants to raise her to replace his lost love and love and one of them is in love with shirai sensei (seems that way anyway). That having been said the material is gonna offend people who don't bother to read it in the way some people turn the channel just because they see someone black or because they hear country music (i doubt those last two groups are the same) as for encouraging pedophiles i doubt this would encourage them anymore than sticking a bible in thier hands and sending them to church would discourage them.
The bottom line is this is a good series with a deeper story about Aoki becoming a teacher and dealing with some extraordinary circumstances. All three of the little girls are damaged in some way, and while many think the story is about the relationship between aoki and rin, that is just one facet. the story is really all about aoki, rin is a just a piece of the setting.

(as a side note i am one of the more "moralistic" people i know and i don't find this series offensive at all)
Old 2008-02-18, 09:06   Link #755
Zantetsuken68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
on the subject of morals i don't see a problem with people complaining let them complain who does it hurt. but seriously there are no pedophiles in this book, I have only seen 3 males, 1 wants to be her father, 1 wants to raise her to replace his lost love and love and one of them is in love with shirai sensei (seems that way anyway). That having been said the material is gonna offend people who don't bother to read it in the way some people turn the channel just because they see someone black or because they hear country music (i doubt those last two groups are the same) as for encouraging pedophiles i doubt this would encourage them anymore than sticking a bible in thier hands and sending them to church would discourage them.
The bottom line is this is a good series with a deeper story about Aoki becoming a teacher and dealing with some extraordinary circumstances. All three of the little girls are damaged in some way, and while many think the story is about the relationship between aoki and rin, that is just one facet. the story is really all about aoki, rin is a just a piece of the setting.

(as a side note i am one of the more "moralistic" people i know and i don't find this series offensive at all)

Oh, I agree everybody has an opinion, and everybody certainly is entitled to one. And I certainly respect everyones opinion in this thread, even if may not always agree with certain view points. What annoys me is when someone has something they don't like, or they deem inappropriate, they try to take away everyone elses right to watch or read it. I have things I dislike, but I would never try to deny someone else's right to have it.

I would definitely like to read Kodomo no Jikan/Nymphet, just to see what it's like. From what I've read in this forum about the later chapters, it sounds like Reiji isn't playing with a full deck. In the anime, Reiji played Rin's guardian, and he had his dubious moments. But nothing like what I've been hearing about in the manga.

Hopefully, if it's not released in the U.S. officially, some fan might do a translation for it and post it online.
Zantetsuken68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-18, 16:46   Link #756
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post

Specifically who those people hurt?
1) They prevented many people from getting the *chance* to read and decide for themselves. That's a crime of first order.
2) They slandered and personally attacked anyone who disputed their view.
3) They slandered and personally attacked anyone who called them on their tactics.
4) They caused a publishing company not only to self-censor (cancel) a series .. but then to justify the cancellation by using the same attack methods on anyone who questioned their decision.

That isn't "complaining" --- its far more disturbing.

@Zantetsuken: there is a scanlation in progress ... not very hard to find. Its what most people in this thread are discussing since few of them can read Japanese.
Old 2008-02-18, 19:47   Link #757
Lunar Archivist

As someone who (re)wrote several sections of the Wikipedia entry on series, I can attest to having been irritated by these people almost incessantly first hand. Check out both the discussion page as well as the revision history of the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodomo_no_Jikan

Also, at the risk of sounding like I'm tooting my own horn, a character analysis compiled from the first 33 chapters:

Anyone who'd bother reading the latter would see how little Rin's sexual innuendo actually has to do with anything...

The Lunar Archivist
Old 2008-02-18, 20:38   Link #758
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Archivist View Post
As someone who (re)wrote several sections of the Wikipedia entry on series, I can attest to having been irritated by these people almost incessantly first hand. Check out both the discussion page as well as the revision history of the article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodomo_no_Jikan

Also, at the risk of sounding like I'm tooting my own horn, a character analysis compiled from the first 33 chapters:

Anyone who'd bother reading the latter would see how little Rin's sexual innuendo actually has to do with anything...

The Lunar Archivist
Wow, just wow. I have completely read both of them and ive got to say, they are perfect. I mean you've captured all of the characters background perfectly. If this was up on wiki when all this controversy was going around, then maybe the american version would have been saved.
Old 2008-02-19, 06:06   Link #759
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

The american version couldn't have been saved under any circumstances, the moral climate in this country is such that tollerance for anything even remotely resembling child molestation isn't tollerated. and say what you will but the fact is anyone who looks at the manga without actually reading the manga is likely to construe it as a child molestor manga, the images are extremely suggestive. as for you guys who feel upset that the american release was cancelled just remember there is a group out there that protests everything, groups against and for the environment, for animals, against fur etc etc, everyone feels thier own viewpoint is reasonable and in the end it comes down to the companies themselves, the company with the rights to Kodomo No Jikan folded to the pressure, if you wanna blame someone blame them for giving in. If you are upset about someone messing up a wikipedia article then I have a feeling you are often disapointed because that happens all the time, sometimes people do it just for fun, that is the nature of that beast.
My main point is, I read Kodomo No Jikan, and i enjoy it, but i can easily see why someone who only looked at it but never read it could find it disturbing. lunar archivist said
Quote:
I think this hits the nail directly on the head, these people not only don't read this they will never read this and complaining about them is like screaming that the wind is too strong.... all you can do is get out of the wind or endure it.
Old 2008-02-19, 14:38   Link #760
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's a fundamental difference between protesting something one doesn't like versus personally slandering and smearing the reputation of anyone who disagrees with you. Sorry, they don't equate and shouldn't be endured.
Example (and only an example): If Aiko and Tomo disagree over setting the age of adulthood at 21 vs 18, and Aiko decides to start calling Tomo a child molester and pedo because Tomo wants it set to 18 rather than discuss the pros and cons of the idea -- that's the "politics of personal destruction", not a comparison of views.

I hope you're not acting as an apologist for such slanderers. They are not the wind -- they're no more than you or I and ethically less.

edit: just want it to be clear that I'm not yelling AT Mykas .... but "protesters" that use the tactics of defamation and slander to silence discussion about a topic don't deserve any slack at all. I changed my example hopefully to clarify that. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-02-19 at 16:55.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen