AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-22, 12:20   Link #421
Dr. Casey

Makoto's parents are both gone and he lives with his sister alone, far as I know (I know that his father's gone, at least - who, by the way, slept around far more than Makoto and would be proud if he knew that his son was stringing so many girls along). Kotonoha's parents are both distant and neglectful, which I think is part of her problem. Sekai lives alone with her mother, and I don't think it would be too hard to hide things from one parent, especially since she probably doesn't pry too much since Sekai seems to be (And is before the series starts) nothing more than a very popular, happy, well-adjusted girl.
Old 2010-12-23, 22:32   Link #422
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Makoto's parents are both gone and he lives with his sister alone, far as I know (I know that his father's gone, at least - who, by the way, slept around far more than Makoto and would be proud if he knew that his son was stringing so many girls along). Kotonoha's parents are both distant and neglectful, which I think is part of her problem. Sekai lives alone with her mother, and I don't think it would be too hard to hide things from one parent, especially since she probably doesn't pry too much since Sekai seems to be (And is before the series starts) nothing more than a very popular, happy, well-adjusted girl.
Wait a minute... Makoto's father was just like that? Then it probably is part of the family line that Makoto eventually took after his father and thats what inspired him to do it so often..
Old 2011-01-02, 02:46   Link #423
HeiBK201
Contractor

Reviving this topic,

So wait, this is all Makoto's fault? I'm not siding with him (as I recently just finished the anime), but I am not siding with the girls either. It was inadvertently boths' faults. Take a look at the facts.

Makoto is a high-school boy, he's a kid nonetheless.

The girls knew he was dating someone yet they still did it. What do you call that? He was using a magical fishing pole? Bull.

Makoto was wrong for cheating on SOO many girls, I give him credit, however, he should have confessed to Sekai and this would have never happened.

Also, take a look at the mid to end point. Sekai stated that she was impregnated by Makoto, it was wrong of Makoto to ditch her, but at the end, *scene* she was never pregnant in the first place.

Again, you can't one-side everything.

I still don't understand why death was necessary in this anime. Everything was normal until my face went.. " -_-.....O_O!.....O-O!.....T_T " at the end scenes.

EDIT: Also, that's a bit rash, saying that almost the entire male population deserves to die. While I do see why most girls wanted Makoto to die, I believe that girls should see how a guy develops before making stereotypical assumptions.

BK201
Old 2011-01-02, 04:04   Link #424
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Here are the faults that went through my head as I watched this anime.

Sekai's Fault: It was generally her fault in the first place, she was the one who begged her friend if she could sit next to Makoto in class, and it was her fault for getting sexually attracted to Makoto at the time that she was helping him with getting Kotonoha as his girlfriend. What was the point in doing all that? Especially not telling Kotonoha about it, if you are just going to steal her boyfriend away? I know you wanted to try to help things out... But you dint have to go sexy-sexy on Makoto while he had Kotonoha as a girlfriend! Sure... Makoto would have felt a little tired from going out with her, with the fact that he is a sex-addict that if he doesn't have sex with this certain type of girl, their relationship will not stabilize properly. But just give Kotonoha time, and it might work out. Also... Blurting out that you had his baby just to see what his reaction was... You knew full well that Makoto was not prepared for that at all, you were just being completely selfish there.. Have you forgotten how Kotonoha was feeling about being dumped by Makoto, and now that you were getting the hints that you were getting dumped by him (with the clips of him having sex with *insert other female names here*) you had to go and do that? Your still high-school students you know...

Makoto's Fault: You just din't give Kotonoha enough time for her to feel comfortable around you... You just rushed off with Sekai and had sex with her when you started feeling a little dissapointed about not getting sexually involved with Kotonoha. Worst yet, you go and sleep with more woman after you finally decided to get Sekai as your girlfriend... Why cant you just go and turn them down? Or is that your true nature of being a sex-addict that even if you have a girlfriend, you go and have sex with other girls and not think about how Sekai would feel.. You even left Kotonoha out of the blue till you finally realized what you did to her when Sekai announced that she was pregnant and then when the other girls started alienating themselves from you. You even had support from Sekai's best friend.. Yet you still din't follow her advice and went sleeping with even more girls... (when she moved to France I believed?) When Sekai announced that she was pregnant, you went and busted all of your rage out on her... When you should have been at fault here, having sex with her in the first place without a possible thought that you would get her pregnant. Even if that was inevitable, you should have understood which girl you truly wanted to be with.

Kotonoha's Fault: Hmmm.. She could have realized that Makoto dumped her? Well she probably did, but then Makoto went and became her boyfriend again... Only to be stabbed to death by Sekai.

Girl's Fault: You go and sleep with Makoto without being around him near as long as Kotonoha or Sekai were with him... What is wrong with you people...
Old 2011-01-02, 18:16   Link #425
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
That pretty much sums up everything, Hooves. And... as much as I hate myself for even speaking of the word "fault" and "Kotonoha" in the same sentence, I do have to add that... well, I know she is rather shy, introverted, and inexperienced when it comes to love, but I have to say that in the anime, she was waaay naive, and a bit stubborn. While her faith in Makoto breaks my heart, it also makes me pity her, because she refuses to see the truth in what everyone is saying, when they say that Makoto doesn't love her anymore, and refuses to listen to the notion that Makoto's the school's man-whore for the ladies. Then again, this information does come from the same girls who usually bully her...

Still, if Kotonoha had been more keen on becoming aware of the events happening around her (at least taking the signs of Makoto shunning her existence away from him), she would have learned that the young man she fell in love with would eventually turn into some monster that was nothing of the man she knew. If that had happened, she could have moved on, and leave Makoto to his fate, whatever it may be (although, I do sense some depression stages that could ensue after that. Cue me taking the pieces of Kotonoha's broken heart and putting them back together for her )
Old 2011-01-03, 13:07   Link #426
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Generally it was Makoto's fate that he would die by the hands of Sekai due to his perverted stance as a man who will simply chase after more woman. It was decided that he would be like that when he was not interested in merely having a girlfriend, but to play around with all the woman that he could while he lived. There was enough evidence to even prove that, the fact that he dint even give a second thought before getting physically involved with other woman besides Sekai. If Kotonoha only learned of this sooner, she would not have been heart-broken and gone to the state she is at now. But then again, she was being bullied by other people (many evidence of that) so the only person she could have put faith on was Makoto. But due to Makoto's nature, she was just shunned and lived a life of hell. It may not have been bad bullying, but it was possibly effective enough to get Kotonoha to feel emotional about this.

Now, it was Sekai that actually did justice in the end by stabbing Makoto. I do not approve of killing of any intent, and there could have been a possibly better way of handling this situation by filing a report of sexual harassment or rape, but Sekai herself maybe felt at fault and had to take responsibility for what was happening to Makoto. Of course that was just her going mentally insane, she still loved him even after finding out that he slept with other woman. She just felt distanced, and after some time finally came to the conclusion that she would subconsciously kill Makoto to end anymore suffering that might inflict her in the future if Makoto was alive for longer then the time of his death. But then again, there was filing for rape, or sexual harassment, but a mind like Sekai's who was only focused on Makoto during her who entire life with him. She would not have easily thought about ever involving more people to her own personal problems in terms of her relationship with Makoto. So eventually, her emotions drove her to the extent of her dealing with the problem herself.

If only Kotonoha would have realized the situation she was in sooner or later. She would not have to deal with the emotional stress that came between the personal romance drama between Sekai and Makoto. She was merely caught in the crossfire between these two childhood friends, and suffered the effects of it.

Now there is another thing, people would presume to say that he was pressured into these situations about not being able to break the feelings of the woman who wanted to do it with him. That is completely impossible to prove based on the fact of the threesome that occurred and they barely had any relationships with Makoto at all... You call that being pressured? Thats more like they are raping him, or exploiting his sex-drived personality.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-04 at 16:46.
Old 2011-01-03, 19:54   Link #427
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Ethically speaking, it was Makoto's fate that he would die by the hands of Sekai
Good Lord, no. There's nothing ethical about that death, at all. Unless you're talking about some kind of moral code I've never even heard of.

Old 2011-01-04, 16:46   Link #428
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Good Lord, no. There's nothing ethical about that death, at all. Unless you're talking about some kind of moral code I've never even heard of.
wanted to make sure someone was paying attention to my posts carefully, so I added something completely strange in there
Old 2011-01-07, 04:09   Link #429
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:

Girl's Fault: You go and sleep with Makoto without being around him near as long as Kotonoha or Sekai were with him... What is wrong with you people...
A better question is, what isn't wrong with those people?

Anyhow, unto the Katsura subject, I don't really believe she could've done anything different then she already did in the anime. She's a very frail and light hearted girl, so it makes sense that she would break down when tossed away like that. At most, she could've refrained from tearing apart Makoto limb by limb (Literally) and stuffing him into a bag. Otherwise, even in another scenario, if it held the same events, I don't see Katsura doing anything much differently then already played out.

- Lashloseus
Old 2011-01-07, 08:13   Link #430
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, because every scorned girl should go out killing their rivals, eh?

Old 2011-01-07, 19:39   Link #431
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Wait a minute... Makoto's father was just like that?
That's an understatement - Makoto has nothing on his daddy. All the games made by Overflow (The company that created School Days) are connected; even though they take place in different towns and cities, they're all part of the same meta-universe. Makoto's father, a man named Tomaru Sawagoe, is present in every Overflow game and has had relationships with some of the cast members from every game. He tends to have brief flings with women, only to leave them behind whenever he gets bored to move on to some new conquest (Makoto is a number of years older than his younger sister, so Tomaru must have been with Moeka Itou longer than most of his other girlfriends). Makoto might have been unfaithful, but he's far more human than his father; the girls he messes around with always seduce him in the first place, he does feel guilt over what he's doing, and in the end he tries to clean up his act and do right. Makoto's father, on the other hand, has played around with women his entire life and doesn't feel remorse about abandoning his girlfriends whenever he tires of them. He's also gotten little girls pregnant (A 9 year old, don't know if it was rape or not), and also had children with some of his own illegitimate children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

Here's a chart showcasing the various relationships through the games Overflow has made. It's very convoluted and hard to understand, so you probably shouldn't even try to figure it out completely, but I can at least tell from this chart that Tomaru's impregnated at least twelve women, and that's despite being married the whole time (And, of course, he abandoned all those kids just like he did Makoto and his sister, Itaru). Yeah, Makoto's a much better person than his father. (Actually, come to think, Makoto's mom might not exactly be a saint either; Makoto's mother is an accomplice to infidelity, at least - Makoto and Itaru seem to be around six years apart, so she might have helped Tomaru have an affair for that length of time.)

Spoiler for Don't expect to understand this:
Old 2011-01-07, 20:57   Link #432
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Oh, sweet Jesus... what in god's name is... I don't even...

Heh, all this hate, yet Makoto's a god damn saint compared to his father.
Old 2011-01-08, 00:19   Link #433
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Oh, sweet Jesus... what in god's name is... I don't even...

Heh, all this hate, yet Makoto's a god damn saint compared to his father.
I looked at the chart... Stuck on it for 15 minutes till I finally got everything in... All in all... Makoto was probably going to be exactly like his father if he lived long enough to do it...
Old 2011-01-08, 00:49   Link #434
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Oh, damn it, this thing also confirms something else I've heard... I just... never had proof to believe that until I saw this.

Spoiler for My Discovery; some of you might know it already though:

Thank god Kotonoha's family is at least normal, amongst all this chaos...
Old 2011-01-08, 00:51   Link #435
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I was actually surprised that the Katsura family was completely spaced out of all this madness
Old 2011-01-09, 10:01   Link #436
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Jesus Christ....

One more reason why we should be focusing on the damn adults! :P

- Lashloseus
Old 2011-01-09, 13:12   Link #437
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
Jesus Christ....

One more reason why we should be focusing on the damn adults! :P
It also explains why we never really got to see Makoto's parents, if we did we would have gotten a better idea of what he would be like. But he had a sister? I never noticed her...
Old 2011-01-09, 15:32   Link #438
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Hoooold up.

Spoiler for Epic Manwhores:

Quote:
It also explains why we never really got to see Makoto's parents, if we did we would have gotten a better idea of what he would be like. But he had a sister? I never noticed her...
I don't think the sister was mentioned much, I do recall however that in one of the episodes, Makato used his sister as an excuse so he didn't have to spend time with Katsura. This is while he was cheating with only Sekai, and his sex frenzy hadn't started yet.

- Lashloseus

Last edited by Hsadman; 2011-01-09 at 15:46.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:36   Link #439
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
Hoooold up.

Spoiler for Epic Manwhores:
Tomaru is the seed that caused all the sadness that we had to endure in School Days! Now!! I wonder how old poor Rika was when Tomaru slept with his great great grand daughter... Is he a pedophile? That would be the only way unless he was able to sleep with her at the age of 65...
Old 2011-01-12, 18:04   Link #440
Otsdarva
Cadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
snip
Pretty common information, actually.....

Too bad Kotonoha got involved with Makoto though.
Closed Thread