AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 18:21   Link #221
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This is how endings work

Spoiler:
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 23:48   Link #222
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Can I ask you guys to be a bit more careful about how you use spoiler tags?

Using them with a one liner and no label is pointless, since nobody can't tell wich post you are replying to (if any), or if you are simply mentioning something different.
Old 2012-11-11, 04:12   Link #223
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've just finally finished it... damn, the ending was pretty good ;_; This game is probably one of the few RPG that I enjoyed playing in PS3 lol

Anyway for those who wants to know the choice to get the endings, you could see this page (beware of spoilers though) : http://gameclear.org/tox2/ . It also has the correct choice to choose to get affections from party members

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 20:02   Link #224
OPN

So sorry . Anyway after having a better grasp of the story this is defenitely the darkest tales of game and i really hope tox 1 does well so we can get this.
Old 2012-12-19, 23:15   Link #225
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
>Download soundtrack
>Annoying young girl.mp3

Spoiler:
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 23:17   Link #226
Dr. Casey

Is Annoying Young Girl a bad song?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 20:39   Link #227
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Naw, it's good. I made a blog post about it and made a remix of it.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 21:53   Link #228
McMilk
*Artist

Oh wow. No wonder I can't find ToX1 and 2 in the "games" section. So it has its own section under "anime" all along D:

Anyway, yeah, like several of the posts said before, the ending is pretty freaking good. One of the only 'Tales of...' that made me tear up. I'm talking about the "TRUE END" by the way.
Spoiler for Especially when:

Overall, ToX2 is a great game; I think it actually exceeded ToX1 in many ways (gameplay, story, characterization, etc.). Though, it's a bitch to platinum (on my 3rd playthrough because I'm too impatient)... but I guess that could also mean that the game is worth it since it's so re-playable.
Old 2013-01-27, 06:20   Link #229
Excorsism

Well... I finished the game and I do not like any of the endings except for the cameo and debt ending, .

Spoiler for blublub:

I feel empty and terrible, . Back to fulfilling my fantasies with images from pixiv.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:10   Link #230
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

This is Ludger story, not Jude's anymore
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 02:06   Link #231
Excorsism

Well, at least Japan knows where all the goodies are at with their fanbooks and stuff. Long live Jude x Milla!

Old 2013-05-10, 07:07   Link #232
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Namco Bandai Yearly Revenue Up

Quote:
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 sold 1.5 million copies, falling short of its 1.7 million projections. The Japan-only title Tales of Xillia 2 also fell short of Namco Bandai’s expectations of 650,000 copies with 500,000 sold.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 02:37   Link #233
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, they overestimate how much they're going to sell for Xillia 2. There's no way Xillia 2 going to oversell the 15th anniversary title Xillia since basically the one playing Xillia 2 is going to be Xillia player - the players who thought Xillia was not good enough. That's the bad thing about sequel IMO, it's never going to attract more new player who doesn't even bother playing the original game.
Old 2013-05-12, 02:39   Link #234
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, they overestimate how much they're going to sell for Xillia 2. There's no way Xillia 2 going to oversell the 15th anniversary title Xillia since basically the one playing Xillia 2 is going to be Xillia player - the players who thought Xillia was not good enough. That's the bad thing about sequel IMO, it's never going to attract more new player who doesn't even bother playing the original game.
It can be done, but it has to have some vast improvements with very positive user feedback.
Old 2013-05-12, 03:20   Link #235
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmmm... the problem is I can't think of any direct sequel(I'm not talking about FF VI-FF VII type sequel here, more like FFX - FFX-2 type of sequel) that make some vast improvement.

Besides, even the story in Xillia 2 itself basically expect the player to at least has some knowledge of Xillia setting to enjoy it, what's with all the returning character at all, which basically show that Baba-P and Namco Bandai target Xillia player as the potential customer. I think they just overestimate the number of Xillia player that they think will come back to play with what basically is an improvement of Xillia(although I do kinda wish Baba-P retain the system of being able to change your party member on the fly to make some nice combo).

Tekken Tag OTOH, is a different case altogether, since basically it's very different from the normal Tekken. I guess they, just like a lot of major Japanese game developer, really tend to overestimate their sales forecast.
Old 2013-05-12, 04:29   Link #236
Kirayuki

Take into account the fact that many things from the 1st one are recycled into the 2nd game too.
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 10:42   Link #237
GDB

Quote:
Xillia 1 sold over 700k, possibly lifetime 1m. 650k is not over that.

Quote:
Hmmm... the problem is I can't think of any direct sequel(I'm not talking about FF VI-FF VII type sequel here, more like FFX - FFX-2 type of sequel) that make some vast improvement.
From my understanding, Tales of Destiny 2 accomplished this task and sold more than Destiny 1.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:36   Link #238
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Xillia 1 sold over 700k, possibly lifetime 1m. 650k is not over that.
Yes, I know that Xillia sold over 700k, but IMO Namco Bandai still overestimate their product if they think almost 85% of those buyer are going to return buying a sequel with just a little update(and I don't think they sold more than 1m, considering Japanese game sales trend, very high 1st week sales, then almost no sales after that). They could have took FFXIII and FFXIII-2 number to estimate how many % of returning customer will buy for a direct sequel product with minor update in a current gen console (it's 697k to 1,7 million coppies BTW, not surprising considering criticism with the game).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
From my understanding, Tales of Destiny 2 accomplished this task and sold more than Destiny 1.
Wait, Destiny 2 sold more than Destiny 1? I'm having a hard time believing that since Destiny 1 got a complete remake on PS2 while Destiny 2 only got a port on PSP.

In fact, Wikipedia number(I know, not the most accurate source, but it's something) says that Destiny 1 on PS1 sold for 1,139,000 copies while destiny 2 sold only for 977,000 copies for PS2(around 85%, but Destiny was the outlier considering its the most successful tales game saleswise in Japan), and remember, Destiny 2 was majorly improved over Destiny 1 since they're made on different generation of console, which usually lead to more expectation from their old customer(I still remember how excited I was with FFXIII, which turn out to be a big disappointment ).
Old 2013-07-06, 10:49   Link #239
Kirayuki

Seems like TOX 2 will be coming to Europe in 2014, just announced today on Japan Expo

https://twitter.com/Klashikari/statu...18269073854465
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 10:50   Link #240
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yup, oh Hell yeah

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/06...-west-in-2014/