AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-01-26, 11:22   Link #1721
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theroryu View Post
Well apparently, that Admiral cheated on his waifu Flandre Scarlet(and surprisingly, he lived). Which if I'm not mistaken has pretty much godlike powers herself. Soo... Yeah XD

Anyone knows what the epilogue will be about? I mean does it leave clues or some foreshadowing of some sort?
I remember a joke about how Touma would be ended in Touhou world and Flandre will fall in love with him ... There's also Flare's fanfic ... which I like too. Speaking of which, Touma's spiky hair isn't natural at all. So there's a chance that The Admiral is indeed Touma What he doing, expending his zone? Good thing the wife do great job to scare him

Back to the topic, I have rough idea what it is based on some spoiler picture and fanart. Anyway the last word of Between Line 6 is kinda ... tickling me

Quote:
The battle began.
No excuses were necessary. They would fully enjoy this battle of individuals for individuals and by individuals.
Enjoy eh, I think Touma who enjoy it while Othinus one that pissed off.

Touma, you are not M right?
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:27   Link #1722
magistermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I do, poor secondary characters losing their sanity .
right, this seem close to what is happening in the novel right now especially if you sow the next preview
magistermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:34   Link #1723
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiliamZ0 View Post
. Speaking of which, Touma's spiky hair isn't natural at all.
ah yea, it was said somewhere that he got the idea for the hairstyle in some magazine
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:35   Link #1724
Theroryu
Random Theory Maker

Quote:
I remember a joke about how Touma would be ended in Touhou world and Flandre will fall in love with him ... There's also Flare's fanfic ... which I like too
Where!? Link! Zelda! (but seriously, gimme the link)

Quote:
Touma, you are not M right?
Touma tries his best to avoid getting hit that he learned to predict/deduce them.
And going by his merciless attacks(when he can) on anyone regardless of friend or foe, age or gender.. I'd say he's closer to S than M
Theroryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:38   Link #1725
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theroryu View Post
Where!? Link! Zelda! (but seriously, gimme the link)

Touma tries his best to avoid getting hit that he learned to predict/deduce them.
And going by his merciless attacks(when he can) on anyone regardless of friend or foe, age or gender.. I'd say he's closer to S than M
It's in fanfiction.net ... To Aru and Touhou cross over, the name is Collapse of Eastern Fantasy. Just read it and thanked not to me but our Flere (or Flare .. wait ... What I know he is the one with that hooded man avi) who made that one XD
Old 2014-01-26, 11:38   Link #1726
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

nah dont forget that the
Quote:
Hearing Kamijou’s words, Index instantly responded. She opened her mouth wide, ready to bite onto Kamijou’s head, but stopped halfway through. Looked like she was mindful of touching others with her mouth. Her face was flushed red as she slowly returned to her seat, and shrunk up.

(Hm. This is rather awkward…)

Kamijou thought, though it hurt when he was bitten, he didn’t feel comfortable when he was not bitten. What was with this feeling?

Old 2014-01-26, 11:39   Link #1727
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
you're forgetting the key point, the part that Touma says he would not bear find of his friends as if nothing had happened after all this, his heart would break, is not only an issue if others will forgive him or not, but until that moment Touma was not willing to bear the sin of changing people's lives for their own reasons.
and this is only the superficial part of the question, the choice of Touma to fight Othinus is the same as saying that he is accepting that death and suffering into the world again.
However, that line of thought becomes irrelevant, once you realize that Othinius will destroy this world after Touma's death anyway. Heck, Touma himself realized this and I wonder how he could ignore this point so easily. As long as Othinius is alive, the world is in danger. She must be defeated or else the actual "phase" will only be as stable as Othinius's mood...

So yeah, my problem is that I can't accept Touma to call himself evil, because he doesn't treat other people as mere objects, the most fundamental aspect of evil.

Anyway, the statement I responded to was that Touma's friends would hate him for that he has done.

I thought it was related to Touma's decision after his rant, but it was actually related to something not translated yet, so my response is moot, because I misunderstood the context. The statement was about the consequences of...

Spoiler:

Personally I wouldn't expect too much drama out of this, that is as long as Kamijou stays the POV in the next novel.

I would prefer, if the next one, two novels would be told from the point of view of other characters like Index or Hamazura, who have to take over some of Touma's "duties" while he is on the run. Or we will see how the Level 5s form a Sentai Team! I mean, right now, everyone of them (maybe not the #6, but who knows) has become good. They should meet each other and kick some asses together. Wait, forget "some asses", they gonna to kick "ALL asses"!
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:42   Link #1728
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

yeah despite whats been said, he definitely isnt evil

Old 2014-01-26, 11:43   Link #1729
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
Personally I wouldn't expect too much drama out of this, that is as long as Kamijou stays the POV in the next novel.

I would prefer, if the next one, two novels would be told from the point of view of other characters like Index or Hamazura, who have to take over some of Touma's "duties" while he is on the run. Or we will see how the Level 5s form a Sentai Team! I mean, right now, everyone of them (maybe not the #6, but who knows) has become good. They should meet each other and kick some asses together. Wait, forget "some asses", they gonna to kick "ALL asses"!
I miss the Delta Force (Touma , Tsuchimikado and Aogami)

Aogami should take Touma's job temporarily
Old 2014-01-26, 11:47   Link #1730
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
I miss the Delta Force (Touma , Tsuchimikado and Aogami)

Aogami should take Touma's job temporarily
Aogami ? Shouldn't we let Hamazura the Emperor takes it ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:55   Link #1731
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Aogami ? Shouldn't we let Hamazura the Emperor takes it ?
Don't forget a certain thing from NT2

Quote:
“I’ll call him ‘teacher’.”
Hamazura didn't put much thought into it, and said that to no one in particular.

Takitsubo Rikou, a girl in a track suit, was eating a corn dog she had bought at a convenience store when her sleepy eyes suddenly opened wide.
“…Hamazura is heading down a path of evil!!”
That why
Old 2014-01-26, 12:04   Link #1732
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

with Touma continuously hitting the 'continue' button
Im gonna feel ashamed everytime I dont click continue just because the last save was too far back
Touma doesn't even have a save!

Old 2014-01-26, 12:11   Link #1733
LG-MAX

Quote:
However, that line of thought becomes irrelevant, once you realize that Othinius will destroy this world after Touma's death anyway. Heck, Touma himself realized this and I wonder how he could ignore this point so easily. As long as Othinius is alive, the world is in danger. She must be defeated or else the actual "phase" will only be as stable as Othinius's mood...

So yeah, my problem is that I can't accept Touma to call himself evil, because he doesn't treat other people as mere objects, the most fundamental aspect of evil.

Anyway, the statement I responded to was that Touma's friends would hate him for that he has done.

I thought it was related to Touma's decision after his rant, but it was actually related to something not translated yet, so my response is moot, because I misunderstood the context. The statement was about the consequences of...
do not forget to take into account the stress factor, Touma was tired of fighting, he said that, I think valid Touma fear of being hated if he tells the truth, if someone had changed my life for their own reasons I would be bothered, even if I had no memories of it, most people are like that, even add the fact that even if Othinus would destroy the world, is she that would be doing this, but if Touma going to fight against her, then is a choice him that suffering, death, etc. back to the people, I do not think Touma's evil, but I understand that in the context of the situation he could pass as "evil". the lives of billions of people is a lot of weight in the back.

Quote:
honestly, I think the leaders of the nations will be nothing nice to him, people tend to be pessimistic. as friends, now we'll see who deserves to be called that.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 12:12   Link #1734
WiliamZ0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
with Touma continuously hitting the 'continue' button
Im gonna feel ashamed everytime I dont click continue just because the last save was too far back
Touma doesn't even have a save!
You should be. Me? I'm a gamer, even if I forget to save, all I have to do just do it from last save point or beginning again XD
Old 2014-01-26, 12:23   Link #1735
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by magistermind View Post
if that was true she would be in the pure world and alister would have nothing to strive for. the fact that they did not say that the shades did not exist is proof that the differ and if you want more proof the fact that OF A CHRISTIAN ANGEL DECEDENT is more than you need
The pure world was a world without religion and is reign by science if I remember it right.

Quote:
“Have you ever heard of phases?”
“…?”
“This world was not pure and untouched to begin with. Christian, Buddhist, Celtic, Indian, Shinto, Incan, Aztec, Greek, Roman…and Norse. The various religions have placed layer after layer of various phases over the world like thin veils or filters. There is heaven, hell, the underworld, the Pure Land, Yomi, the abyss, Mount Olympus, the fairy island, Nirai Kanai, Asgard, and many others. At any rate, the world you have seen so far has been viewed through various colors of cellophane.”
“You haven’t destroyed any of those colored glasses.”
As his vision wavered and he was unsure who he was speaking to, Kamijou managed to keep his mouth moving.
“When it comes down to it, you are a person who creates. It may be filled with malice and it may be similar to representing ‘crushing a house’ as ‘creating a pile of rubble’, but it does not change what you are. You are a person who creates

“Call me a god. And what I have done is simple. I have created new filters and placed them over the world so the world appears to have changed. That is why the world appeared changed to you. This is a lot easier than destroying everything and building it back up every time. And your right hand contains the power to level out any foreign elements in the world, so it has difficulty functioning when I change the world itself. …Still, results are everything in the world. In the end, history will record it like this: the Magic God repeatedly destroyed the world and created new ones to make a single boy suffer as much as possible.”
“………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………”
The man who names himself the Silver Star seems to have been attempting to directly tamper with the ‘pure world’ beyond all the filters…that is, the world of science that is unaffected by religion. …Honestly, you are quite fortunate to see this. Not even the Golden cabal of Europe that dreamed in Tibet was able to reach this point.”
Remember Othinus said that she creates and destroy world but the truth is she can only create. She can only create. Put a new filter on an existing world to change the world.

Who said she didn't put that filter called Christianity?

because surely Christianity didn't exist in pure world.

And remember pure world and origin world is different. Or at least in Othinus case. Her original world can be might be not the pure world where Aleister is tampering. Or maybe she is from the pure world. But if she aims for the pure wold then why not make it happen?

She know Aleister is there.

She can feel it.

But if that is what she wants then why not go there?

because that is not her goal.

her original world is different from it.

the same for touma's original world.

The pure world is different world and not the one she seeks.

she can probably put a new filter where overwrites the existence of the angels or remove Christianity but she didn't. That is not her goal.

You said that there are other gods because a Christian angel descends.

And even Othinus mentioned it.

She created those filters to change the view of the world.

Who said she didn't put the christian filter at some point in time?

who said she didn't put a filter for other religions to exist?

true there might be other gods.

but who said she is the cost for them to appear?

My point for now is if your pointing out that there are other gods out there because of a christian angel descends.

then my point is she is like the mother god that brought forth the other gods.

unless there is someone much older than her to show up and said that he/she created everything.

for now I consider her the cost of the current world.
Old 2014-01-26, 12:44   Link #1736
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

I can just imagine Birdway being furious in the next volume
this will be the 2nd time this has happened to her

Old 2014-01-26, 13:02   Link #1737
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
First, he admitted his own plot armor and tried to get rid of it (the only shounen protagonist that I've seen done that)

Second, he also admitted that he is just spouting random ideals during his fights (the only shounen protagonist that I've seen done that, kinda made Naruto, Ichigo, etc look like a joke)

Third, he admitted everything-his own powerlessness, what he really felt, etc. and showed that he is still a human after all.
So basically, Touma is the new Zenkichi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Alpha and Beta for me feels .... meh >_>

I don't like sudden mood change when someone is saying feel the despair.
... -snip- ...
What you said still doesn't make sense to me though. There's no such thing as "sudden mood change" with Alpha ... or even Beta if you were attentive.

Alpha was despair from beginning to end (just with a small intro).
Beta had Kamijou Touma inside those [' ']-like quotes. So it was pretty obvious from the start that something was freaking wrong with that so called "kamijou Touma" unless you weren't focusing on those details.
Quote:
but I think it would probably be great if its longer.
No, I think it'd start getting boring.
Old 2014-01-26, 14:03   Link #1738
AmazingDarkKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
ah yea, it was said somewhere that he got the idea for the hairstyle in some magazine
What was this said? Don't remember.
Old 2014-01-26, 14:16   Link #1739
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Alpha was despair from beginning to end (just with a small intro).
Beta had Kamijou Touma inside those [' ']-like quotes. So it was pretty obvious from the start that something was freaking wrong with that so called "kamijou Touma" unless you weren't focusing on those details.

No, I think it'd start getting boring.
No I'm pretty attentive to the story.

I know from the get go that something is wrong.

from version alpha part 1

Quote:
“…Ah!?”
Kamijou awoke.
to version beta part 1

Quote:
“…Ah!?”
“Kamijou” awoke.
the (" ") itself speaks volume that there is something different. Why use (" ")? when we are talking about Kamijou? and if you look at it. its the same sentence from the beginning of the part with only the difference of (" ") of kamijou.

But the next thing doesn't help me at all.

in version alpha the next event is the where Touma saw in TV that he died and talking about absurd enemy of the world thing though the survival battle is good

version beta starts with him in his classroom where in the alpha that should be a bloody battle field for him that turn into romcom or something. how to call it. sol? or harem antics

-_- see my mood change when reading it? 0__0 I was huh?

I think identity crisis would sum up the problem in version beta. Though I don't like its contrast to alpha.

Alpha

Quote:
“I did nothing,” replied the blonde-haired, eyepatch-wearing girl with a slight smile. “I merely changed everyone’s point of view.”
Beta

Quote:
“But their trust was established because you saved them, right? As long as they were saved, it could have been anyone, right? If someone other than you had been the one to save them, their trust and good will would have turned in that other person’s direction. Anyone could have become ‘Kamijou Touma’. It could have been a greasy middle-aged man or a dried-up old man. …What’s wrong? Had you deluded yourself into thinking you were the sole original in the world and no one but you could have walked down the path you travelled?”
Old 2014-01-26, 15:27   Link #1740
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ And it ... still doesn't make sense to me. I'm even more confused now.

Spoiler for What?:

Tags
infinite hell