AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2018-02-10, 02:55   Link #141
endlessabyss

Spoiler for Questions:

Last edited by endlessabyss; 2018-02-10 at 03:09.
endlessabyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 03:02   Link #142
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Ok, all of this is just what I have read in other sites

Spoiler for Final Boss and Messer:

Spoiler for Rough Summary of the Movie:
Spoiler for movie:
Old 2018-02-10, 03:54   Link #143
Jingdot
Hoina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessabyss View Post
Spoiler for Questions:
Spoiler:
Old 2018-02-10, 04:58   Link #144
HirouKeimou

For the record, the JP Twitter is also full of idiots continuously complaining on how they could not go see the film for various reasons... meanwhile, I sit over here in America, brooding over the fact I'm unable to even buy a plane ticket to their country, let alone see the movie. That's not an insult or to discount their culture or economy (or jobs); however, it's also aggravating they'll tag those complaints under the movie tags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingdot View Post
I haven't watched the movie yet because I'm poor, but according to JP Twitter and stuff the movie was "excellent" and a thousand times better than the whole 24 episodes of the anime. So far all of those who watched loved it and say that a lot of things were changed for the better.

I dived myself into all the spoilers I could find and damn, it sounds so good. I want to watch it, like, right now D:
I agree.

Spoiler for There is a lot of good to be said based on spoilers floating around...:

The only big story-related question I'd like to float around for spoilers on: Is there a solution to the Windermere aging epidemic in the movie or is it again thrown to the side?

The single for the movie is coming on February 14. Personally, I only like the song from the trailer but I'll give it a listen once it's available. There are no signs of a full soundtrack release for the movie so I'll guess they decided to reuse all music from the TV series...

Last edited by HirouKeimou; 2018-02-10 at 05:09.
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 05:14   Link #145
magnuskn

Well, I guess I have a visual spectacle to look forward to. At least it's over after that and then we'll see what the new show will be about.
Old 2018-02-10, 08:56   Link #146
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

So from what I gathered through different non-English sources, I have come to the conclusion that this entire gig is the same bullshit, arranged differently in the toilet.

And Mirage is still ruined.

Maybe I will change my mind when I actually see the real thing, but until then...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 10:41   Link #147
CriiGV
Junbi wa inka ne?

Tbh one of the things I cared for most and really wanted in the movie was a lifespan fix but I've seen no mention of that yet on any spoilers so I'm a bit disappointed.

However I saw someone saying that there was an interview special with Kawamori and some of the girls. Kawamori said he had wanted to make a Delta movie but he wasn't really inspired to do it until the second live. And also that he would like to make a new Delta work.

Personally I hope he does, more Freyja is always a plus on my book and Walkure itself seems to be very popular in Japan.
Old 2018-02-10, 13:23   Link #148
Mistyclear

Spoiler for Wow:
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 16:19   Link #149
endlessabyss

Thoughts by viewers (Aggregated from the web)

Note: There are positives and negatives of what I can find. Don't read them if you don't want to ruin your experience.

* Xardie from myanimelist (+ Additional spoilers below that post)

* A Japanese viewer who had mixed reactions. An anonmyous from 4chan /a/ summarized/translated one of the last parts of the Japanese review:

"He ends the review saying that...
Spoiler:
"

* Game8910 of Twitter

* godirtypop of Twitter

* JIS of Macrossworld

Last edited by endlessabyss; 2018-02-10 at 21:13. Reason: Additional thoughts by more viewers; will add more if any more encounters
Old 2018-02-10, 17:07   Link #150
Tenzen12

So they had option make Delta worth something by giving note space to best girl, but ended do complete opposite?

I am not gonna bother watch such trash.
Old 2018-02-10, 17:24   Link #151
magnuskn

So, if I understand it correctly they at least made Windermere the unequivocal bad guys? Or did they punt on that as well?
Old 2018-02-10, 18:32   Link #152
charles883

I heard Roid the one who is warmonger and push the war. The Aerial Knight started to suspicious on Roid intention and eventually join with Delta squadron to stop Roid during final battle movie.

By the way I read most of the review and most of them says Delta movie are way better. Don't let 1 fan review or rumor which you cannot 100% trust from 4chan stopping you watching movie or pre-judge movie before you even watching.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 19:03   Link #153
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
I heard Roid the one who is warmonger and push the war. The Aerial Knight started to suspicious on Roid intention and eventually join with Delta squadron to stop Roid during final battle movie.
Uh, that was in the TV series...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2018-02-10 at 19:14.
Old 2018-02-10, 19:14   Link #154
charles883

I heard that Keith and most of the Aerial Knight suspicious of him right from start. In the series , Roid just follow order from King and become warmonger at second half of the series.

Also I heard movie fix most of the flaw of the series and rumor says its one of the best macros movie.
Old 2018-02-10, 19:20   Link #155
magnuskn

How was the proverb about polishing a turd?
Old 2018-02-10, 19:37   Link #156
endlessabyss

Other spoiler:

From /a/

Spoiler:

Last edited by endlessabyss; 2018-02-10 at 21:30.
Old 2018-02-10, 20:02   Link #157
charles883

Quote:
How was the proverb about polishing a turd?
You still haven't watch movie yet you already judge movie already. Please reserve judgment before you say anything that makes you a jerk before you watch anything yet. Judge movie AFTER it become available to everyone aka Blu Ray .
Old 2018-02-10, 20:15   Link #158
magnuskn

Yet you yourself seem to already worship the movie without having seen it yet. ^^

The series was shit. I assume the movie will be a great visual spectacle, but it does not seem to address the underlying problems the series had, outside of excising some of the extraneous stuff.
Old 2018-02-10, 20:20   Link #159
charles883

I just post what people who watched already says about movie.Mind you Delta still my most fav Macross series.

Right now we have to wait until movie release in Blu ray to fully judge movie.
Old 2018-02-10, 20:40   Link #160
Tak

Quote:
Mind you Delta still my most fav Macross series.
Good for you, I don't care. Its the worst Macross series up-to-date for me.

Quote:
Right now we have to wait until movie release in Blu ray to fully judge movie.
Right now, YOU hope we wait until the BD to make a comment. Well, I don't wanna. You are not the only one with access to the movie summary, and from what I gathered so far, yeah, it will be pretty, but its still a sugar-coated turd.

- Tak