AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-07, 00:57   Link #481
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
How the hell an army of well armed men lose to a bunch of ragtag villagers ?
Don’t forget Theo’s side has a mage, an Artist, and 2 werewolves (aside from the shadow who is fighting the other shadow). I don’t think they need the villagers to beat 30-40 soldiers.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 01:06   Link #482
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Don’t forget Theo’s side has a mage, an Artist, and 2 werewolves (aside from the shadow who is fighting the other shadow). I don’t think they need the villagers to beat 30-40 soldiers.
I guess it is a good thing that Rossini's forces just had bows instead of the those magic castle destroying, crest breaking crossbows.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 01:21   Link #483
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
It was 200 and that Shadow and Sinbad are the top two fighters in this series by performance so not insignificant. But you are right Theo has the higher quality elite forces but the soldiers should outclassing the villagers.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 02:53   Link #484
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

- In a village full of farm implements, not to mention the wonders of nature such as sticks and stones, the best weapon Rebecca could find for herself was a ladle?
- Speaking of weapons, where are Theo's and Aishera's?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 03:03   Link #485
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
- Speaking of weapons, where are Theo's and Aishera's?
In that luggage that they lleft on the shore?
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 07:03   Link #486
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I guess it is a good thing that Rossini's forces just had bows instead of the those magic castle destroying, crest breaking crossbows.
I think those were actually Arbalests, so piercing plate armor would be normal for them - the castle was a bit on the heavier side though lol.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 07:19   Link #487
Norn
Dazed and Confused

Fighting against Rossini is easy because they have Aishela, the twins and Siluca. Mages seem to be glorified mook killers in Grancest. Though they don't seem to grow stronger like Artists do, they can just press the AoE button and drop a whole lot of soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I think those were actually Arbalests, so piercing plate armor would be normal for them - the castle was a bit on the heavier side though lol.
Would this mean that the Alliance has better technology than the Union? Cause those projectiles are really overkill.

It's sad that Theo and co. didn't kill all soldiers. The villagers are poorly equipped, so looting armor and weapons would have really helped them. How wil things go afterwards? Theo is now a wanted man. The villagers might need to accompany Theo, if not for the sake of liberation they should go for the sake of their own safety. They've pulled the trigger. Should they go from village to village? If they had Rossini's corpse that might be effective, though very untasteful. Also, the villages might be even less willing to help. Couldn't Theo and co. kill the chaos beasts, making Theo's crest stronger and at the same time make it easier for villages to band together?
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 10:15   Link #488
pervypig

I gotta agree that fighting 200 man, 1 lord and an assassin is kinda an overkill for rag-tag villagers, but I think they were aiming for a quick win by killing Rossini in the first place. I doubt the Rossini guys have any experienced or high moral troops in their 200 and in contrast, Theo went through a few wars already and is capable of beating off Rossini with just a hand-axe.

Some people think they should just kill off more soldiers, but teh soldiers themselves are mere pawns. If you watched the entire episode, it's not like any of the villages are any better, since even Theo's own village sold him off before they regretted it. Killing any more than he needs would be rather counterproductive since he's here for the hearts and minds.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 15:40   Link #489
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
- In a village full of farm implements, not to mention the wonders of nature such as sticks and stones, the best weapon Rebecca could find for herself was a ladle?
Yeah, my eyebrows were definitely raised when I saw her charging with a ladle in her arms.
Old 2018-04-14, 09:42   Link #490
LG-MAX 2.o

wow, no comment, even the last episode being praised for violence.

great animation: http://i.4cdn.org/a/1523715239057.webm
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 10:34   Link #491
xeviouses

I'll say one: I love the way Theo killed the blonde Rossini guy, a stab to the throat with a blade that wide is fatal enough, Theo twisted the blade and yanked it out of the side of the neck, the brutality is glorious.

It does seem like Theo is a bit more bloodthirsty when it comes to the Rossini's though.

I wonder what the expression on Ashiela's face when Siluca asked her to capture the witch is supposed to mean.. to capture the witch is supposed to mean..
Old 2018-04-14, 11:53   Link #492
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
I'll say one: I love the way Theo killed the blonde Rossini guy, a stab to the throat with a blade that wide is fatal enough, Theo twisted the blade and yanked it out of the side of the neck, the brutality is glorious.
It'll be interesting to see whether or not the scene makes the Hollywood-spawned misapprehension of having one's throat stabbed or cut being a relatively quiet death... it isn't, as is noted in 'Without Remorse'...

Spoiler for Specific reference:

While in Theo's place I would've opted for that single thrust to the back of the neck, I understand the why of his choice.

Some more material concerning the game adaptation has dropped, specifically a new gameplay clip and further exposition on the mechanics. On a lighter note, it'll be interesting to see how much freedom the art team has in designing alternate outfits for all the characters (as distinct from being able to recolor the outfits, something welcome in its own right).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 12:13   Link #493
HtwoN

I think the core story is quite good actually. It has all the main elements of medieval Europe: ambition, corruption, war, sex, betrayal, etc. But they rushed the hell out of this.

I'm glad they slowed down a little bit in the last couple of episodes though.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 13:16   Link #494
MgMaster

I liked how they used the flow animation here. I remember not being a fan of it whenever it was used in Fate/Apocrypha(with few exceptions) as there it seemed to like completely disregard the surroundings for the sake of blowing the flashiness out of proportions - it was too much for me. Here on the other hand, it managed to keep it "real"(Grandcrest Senki's version of real that is) while making it flashy. The flow animation actually fit really well when the witch was flying at high speed chanting her red comet spell thingy, as was Siluca's counter with her own version of it - it added impact to it, which seemed necessary anyway to stop the witch's and her surroundings didn't just warp and become a blurr to the point where you wonder in what dimension she ended up(that's how I felt during Karna's & Sieg's fight). Looks like you can be artistic enough while keeping it "real".
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 15:09   Link #495
MCAL

I have to say, I was glad to see Siluca save herself and Theo this time, rather than the other way around.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 13:02   Link #496
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ok Why do theos soldiers all look so... uhm almost not armored at all compared to all the other soldiers?
Its especially strange since, apparently, some of Rossini's soldiers also joined so they only had to make minor adjustments to their armor in order to not be mistaken for an enemy.

Also whoever picked that battlefield to NOT exploit the cliffs left and right by stationing archers there was really dumb.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2018-04-17, 02:30   Link #497
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Except they don't have archer, villagers only train in close combat, if they train in archery, they need more resources and time, while normal they just need to train to slash enemy at close range. On the other hand the ability of Rossini's Crest is more fit for close combat soldiers, beside that family is never good at tactical, only using brutal force to oppress their enemy. Also it can be that the cliff is hard to approach by normal peoples, only someones with supernatural physical ability can jump over it easily.
Old 2018-04-17, 06:57   Link #498
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
Except they don't have archer, villagers only train in close combat, if they train in archery, they need more resources and time, while normal they just need to train to slash enemy at close range. On the other hand the ability of Rossini's Crest is more fit for close combat soldiers, beside that family is never good at tactical, only using brutal force to oppress their enemy. Also it can be that the cliff is hard to approach by normal peoples, only someones with supernatural physical ability can jump over it easily.
Actually its the opposite.
In contrast to popular believe a crossbow isn't a weapon that was invented to penetrate plate armor (because it usually can't), but rather as a weapon every idiot can use without much training.

And yes crossbows exist, because without their existence, Marianne's arbalests would also not exist.
Having no ranged combatants is not only unrealistic but also completely impractical.

As for how to get up there:
No, you only need enhanced physical abilities if you want to jump from the bottom to the top, the moment you go there the normal way that requirement falls.

Old 2018-04-17, 10:00   Link #499
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

I know that, having an island as a territory, having long-ranged combatant will be more effective. But again, look like Rossini choose to fight that way. On the Theo's side, like i said they can pass it off because they lack resources and times.
Enhanced Physical Abilitiy, it is still make them count as having Supernatural Physical Ability, because it is category that describe having Physical Power beyond Natural
Old 2018-04-17, 11:46   Link #500
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not the ground i would have chosen to fight on. I will say this Theo with his merry band of warriors more than make up for the numbers the Rosssini's had. Even with just peasants they had the advantage by just having Siluca alone.