AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-06, 20:54   Link #61
paladinenvec

Quote:
My main issue with Lost Canvas is that... it's too much "Gold Saint are so awesome I'm cuming"
Meh the only Bronze Saint that i liked was Ikki , i prefered Hades Saga over all Saint Seiya just because Gold Saints there do something, fight and die,but, after they crossed to Elyseo it was the typical SS go with the new bad guy , get new armors ,beat Hades,etc... Lost Canvas goes with the Golden Saints from beginning,they are characters that anyone can easily get identificated with them , it's far more enjoyable too because the pacing of the story it's faster.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 09:16   Link #62
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, the start of the hades saga was easily the coolest thing in saint seiya including the asgard arc.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 05:48   Link #63
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
Meh the only Bronze Saint that i liked was Ikki , i prefered Hades Saga over all Saint Seiya just because Gold Saints there do something, fight and die,but, after they crossed to Elyseo it was the typical SS go with the new bad guy , get new armors ,beat Hades,etc... Lost Canvas goes with the Golden Saints from beginning,they are characters that anyone can easily get identificated with them , it's far more enjoyable too because the pacing of the story it's faster.
Yeah, they do something but Kurumada managed to turn it into a very interesting way... (making the former traitors seek redemption even they have to fight the other gold saints). That was far more entertaining than what is shown in LC. Actually it is more or less a redo of the specters genocide that Kanon do in Inferno chapter... with the heroic death because they have to.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 17:33   Link #64
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
You're right. I loved Gold Saints, and seeing, Kanon for example, kicking ass was really enjoyable. If only the actual fights are better animated or had a bit more martial arts contact but meh... what can you do. When Bronze kids entered the scene it was PEGASUS RYUSEKEN! all over again. With a bit of SAORI-san! here and there
Old 2009-05-30, 07:41   Link #65
Albafica
Pisces no saint

The last trailer of Lost Canvas: http://www.vap.co.jp/video/tr/0906seiya.html

The soundtrack is not bad, but i really miss Yokoyama... And i don't like anime chara design...

Well, I wait the first OAV now...

Image of first DVD:
Spoiler:

Don't like Hades >_<.

I want to see Albafica!!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-30, 08:49   Link #66
paladinenvec

I like the trailer the character designs aren't not so bad but bronze saints look like dwarfs xD, the animation seems to be top quality so i guess in that way i won't worry.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:52   Link #67
Albafica
Pisces no saint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7A7cePIXTM

Ending from Lost canvas! Beautiful!

edit: http://loscan.jp/index.html

new trailer
Old 2009-06-04, 16:11   Link #68
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7A7cePIXTM

Ending from Lost canvas! Beautiful!

edit: http://loscan.jp/index.html

new trailer
Sweet! the animation looks pretty good.
Old 2009-06-24, 02:41   Link #69
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Here some images of Lost canvas oav in good quality, by Trevor: hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-trevor

Albafica the best .

Ohhh Minos, he looks sexy .

I like her .

Gold saints!
Old 2009-06-24, 19:28   Link #70
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed ep1. Moved fast, and I felt as if I got a sense of the characters.
Spoiler for ep1:
Nice voice work by Shimono Hiro (Alone) and Kakihara Tetsuya (Tenma).

And I loved the singing of the ED, by Ikuno Maki with "Marina del ray" (a part of LA is called Marina del Rey). Here's Ikuno Maki's blog. She has a good voice and great musicality and singing skill.

EDIT: I've now seen ep2, and it seems worth watching. I'm a big Hirano Aya fan, but I wasn't overwhelmed by her in this role. The first bit seemed like bad acting, but then she was able to project some emotion, which was good.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-06-26 at 12:55.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 22:56   Link #71
U<3Anime
Boo!

Just watched RAW and animation was definitely beautiful . Hirano Aya did an decent job with athena i guess. Didn't turn out as bad as I thought as I was expecting her to sound totally like Haruhi (But i still would have preferred someone else). On the other hand I was kind of disappointed with Alones because his voice turned out different from how I imagined it to be. Dohko also sounds too old.......=p

so yea my only gripe i have so far is the voice cast. Other than that, its a good adaption and i hope they keep with the production quality.
Old 2009-06-25, 03:09   Link #72
RDF2050
Superidol

I Love the OP so much this going to be great Another point i don't know i just want to share

Spoiler:

Last edited by RDF2050; 2009-06-25 at 04:40.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 06:12   Link #73
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I saw the 2 oavs of Lost Canvas in RAW, and they are very good, with nice animation and very beautiful landscapes. I don't like the opening song but images are cool! I love the ending song but too bad there is only 1 image...
Dokho seems a bit too old, i prefer Teshirogi design. The soundtrack of Lost Canvas is not bad but not as good as the original.

Spoiler:

For your spoiler about Lost Canvas:

Spoiler:

And the best of the lost canvas oav:

Becareful to your eyes:

Spoiler:

Huge boobs? Yuzuriha!!
Old 2009-06-25, 22:53   Link #74
Kei_kurono

.::SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS::.
History:

Tenma and Alone are two orphan boys who live in an Italian village. Their life is interrupted when Pandora meets Alone and tells him he’s the reincarnation of Hades, meanwhile Tenma meets Libra Dohko, who takes him to the Sanctuary to become a Saint of Athena. In the Sanctuary Tenma becomes the Pegasus Saint and realizes that the reincarnation of the goddess Athena is Sasha, the younger sister of Alone

Information:

Titulo alternativo: 聖闘士星矢『THE LOST CANVAS 冥王神話
Aņo: 2009
Tipo: Anime OAVs
Numero de episodios: 13
Estudio: TMS Entertainment
Genero: Adventure, fantasy

Last edited by xris; 2009-06-26 at 06:27. Reason: Please post in the Torrent Submission forum for releases
Kei_kurono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 05:06   Link #75
Crimrui
Hollow

Hmm, just saw the opening intro and looks really cool, sweet animation no doubt. I'll probably watch this as soon as I'm able to. Let's just hope that other Gold Saints will have some kind of involvements in the story and possibly see them all fight.
Old 2009-06-26, 19:30   Link #76
beamknight87
Gold Saint

The quality and effort put in the animation easily surpasses by far the extremely poor job that the Hades chapters Inferno and Elysium got.
I expect they will do a great job for the corresponding fights of the Gold Saints, being the ones that I await the most those of Pisces Albafica and Cancer Manigoldo.
Old 2009-06-26, 23:19   Link #77
xellos2099

Well, we will definitely see Albafica's fight in the fiorst season dvd but will probably need ot wait till season2 or 3 for Manigoldo's one. I look forward to it too since Pisces and Cancer were complete bastard in saint seiya era.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 01:19   Link #78
Used Can

I liked the first two episodes, but it did feel as if the pacing was a bit slow. Perhaps, I wouldn't have minded it if this was a weekly anime, but this being an OVA, I think the should be going a bit faster. All the same, it could just be the fact these are the first episodes and that I've been reading the manga.

Anyhow, I liked the VAs they used. Athena sounded very sweet with Hirano's voice, Tenma sounded well with Simon's VA. Alone's VA was also fitting, he did a very good job when Alone was supposed to sound more serious. In addition to the VAs, the background music was really nice. I also liked the OP and ED.
Old 2009-06-27, 01:53   Link #79
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yes the begining of Lost canvas is a bit slow, but volume 2 has a better pace than first volume, and volume 3 is the best of Lost Canvas in my point of view (because we can saw Albafica!).
I don't like the 2 first volumes, and i like Lost Canvas when i read volume 3.
But when i saw these 2 OAV, it wasn't boring and I hope TMS will respect the manga (except volume 9/10 which are boring in my point of view), so I don't know if they should be faster...

I'm waiting for Albafica's fight, Aldebaran's fight (awesome too) and Manigoldo's fight (very good character, he's my favourite after Albafica).
It's funny because these saints were so "bad" in Kurumada's manga (Aphrodite, Deathmast and Aldebaran).

I think these OAV will end with volume 7, so we will saw Manigoldo, but not his fight against TUTTTTTTT!

About animation, yeah Toei seems very bad when you saw what TMS does with Lost Canvas. Toei killed Saint Seiya Hades.

Oh I forgot to say that I hate Athena's voice, it's Haruhi/Misa's VA! I hate her voice, too... how can I say it? youthful? kid?

Spoiler:

These are best characters of Lost canvas , in my point of view.
Old 2009-06-28, 12:19   Link #80
Crimrui
Hollow

I didn't read The Lost Canvas manga, so can anyone tell me if Gold Saints have bigger role in it? Does Shion, for example, have any significant role or fights?

Tags
fantasy, shounen