AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-06-02, 02:41   Link #201
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

WTF dont post spoilers like that! lol

im confused now was the last chapter released or is this leaked info? whats the june 23rd date?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 05:44   Link #202
QueenNori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
whats the june 23rd date?
It's the release date of volume 8.
QueenNori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 21:56   Link #203
RM-FAN
Anti-Nina Einstein

I wanna kill to Peach Pit ¬¬
RM-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 02:14   Link #204
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Holy snap, calm down desu. I prefer the view that they just brilliantly found a method to transition the series to a new publisher -- and continue it from there. This perspective is far more optimistic and beneficial to us fans, ne? :P

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-06, 09:47   Link #205
Cloudy

I highly doubt they are going to find a new publisher.T_T

But a miracle might happen desho?
Old 2007-06-08, 08:20   Link #206
Question
Crossdresser

They practically threw away the entire plot. If they were going to continue the manga that is.

Any possible continuation will be set like 50 years into the future with different main characters or a couple of years into the future with a slightly older Jun/Nori, BUT IT JUST WONT BE THE SAME.

And everyone will be cracking jokes the ENTIRE TIME about how they are going to get a "OOPS WE RAN OUT OF TIME LULZ" rabbit ending again.
Old 2007-06-09, 15:40   Link #207
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
So.....the surviving dolls just go to sleep?

That was pathetic. I read book 6, the story was just getting started! Kira had so much potential, there was still Sou and Hina to bring back, and possibly Bara being introduced, Jun and Tomoe to start getting closer, and Nori to learn to stand up for herself a bit more.

Why does crap like Love Hina go on and on and on and get a sequal, but Rozen Maiden gets snapped shut so fast? I was disapointed by DearS ending, but this takes the cake!

I really hope they are going to do a sequeal, there is no sense of finality about this, it's just like, they killed a story half way!
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-10, 22:42   Link #208
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

There is no Barasuishou in the manga. That doll's only in the anime, kirakishou is in both the manga and the anime (see the end of Traumend).
Old 2007-06-11, 05:37   Link #209
nekokaburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnabon-chan View Post
Why does crap like Love Hina go on and on and on and get a sequal, but Rozen Maiden gets snapped shut so fast?
i think the simple answer would be... rozen maiden isn't as popular as love hina...

it's the same reason newtype USA only ran a volume 1 review last month, but haruhi (which i've decided i don't like) gets a 4 page spread... this month... because to the frothing masses, a show about dolls fighting each other is too weird...
Spoiler for haruhi:

in a way i thank god that this is the way of things, since it keeps the dedicated rozen maiden forums free of narutards... (they're too busy raving about the 282nd episode of ninja kids fighting each other to notice 24 episodes of REAL anime )
nekokaburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 21:10   Link #210
Cinnabon-chan
Wilde Changeling Childe

Send a message via AIM to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via MSN to Cinnabon-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Cinnabon-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJiffy View Post
There is no Barasuishou in the manga. That doll's only in the anime, kirakishou is in both the manga and the anime (see the end of Traumend).
I meant that maybe Peach Pit will find a way to include her.

Honestly if this is the true ending, it's the absolute worst one in a manga. No sense of completion. You coudnt finish the story of Vol 7 in just one chapter.

I know Love Hina is more popular, but god help me, it's absolute crap.
Cinnabon-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 00:43   Link #211
Siegel Clyne

Based on a "Minor" Manga, the Rozen Maiden Anime Has Sold Well on DVD in Japan

Rozen Maiden DVD Sales in Japan

Quote:
Quote:
An anime DVD is widely considered to be a commercial hit in Japan if it sells 10,000 copies.

Rozen Maiden DVD Sales Totals in First and Second Weeks of Release (According to Oricon)

Volume | 1st Week | 2nd Week*|*Release Date
Rozen Maiden Ouverture Limited Edition (One Volume)
**1 | 10,355*| 12,462*| 2007/02/21

Upon seeing the first week sales figure when it came out back in February 2007 for the Rozen Maiden Ouverture Limited Edition DVD, a Japanese poster on a 2ch thread about animation DVD sales in Japan wondered how can the Rozen Maiden anime sell so many DVDs, given that it is based on a minor manga serialized in a minor magazine (Comic BIRZ)?

Directing, writing, characters, voice acting by the Japanese seiyuu, etc., may play roles in the success of Rozen Maiden DVD sales in Japan.

From what I have gathered from news and information by various Japanese sources (e.g., "Late Night Anime: TV Audience Ratings < Business" {"Shin'ya Anime = Shichouritsu < Business"}), as well as from a number of observations and comments by Japanese fans, with notable exceptions like Fuji TV's Noitamina block and NANA, DVD sales are more important than television audience ratings for a late night anime show.

From a business standpoint, the Rozen Maiden anime appears to be a success. It looks like it made money on DVD in Japan.

Having followed animation DVD sales in Japan the past few years, I noticed that recently more and more late night anime titles are not selling, or not selling well, on DVD in Japan as they did in the past. Most late night anime seem to be not selling in Japan (which, to a large extent, has apparently long held true).

Rozen Maiden has proven itself to be one of a small percentage of anime titles which sell on DVD in Japan - something which certainly does not hurt its chance of getting a third television series.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 00:53   Link #212
QueenNori

Quote:
Rozen Maiden vol. 8 to have no additional art
A little late, but Peach Pit had updated on their blog that Vol.8 of Rozen Maiden will contain only chapters 41 to 43 and have no new art(usually common in a tankoubon to have some extras). It’s not known if that means the cover will also reuse older art. The book will be out on the 23rd of June.
Source: Canned Dogs, Peach-Pit's blog.
Old 2007-06-21, 10:03   Link #213
flyin

do Singapore sell Rozen Maiden's manga?
flyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 20:28   Link #214
nekokaburi

probably... but most likely it'll be in Chinese...

i know when i was in Malaysia earlier this year, there were heaps of manga shops around, but said manga was either in Japanese or Chinese and i couldn't read any of it... i had to track down a borders book store before i found manga that i could read... and then proceeded to waste 550 Ringett on them and 3 artobooks (worked out to be AUS$200.00, so i saved heaps)...

i also spotted bootleged copies of the dvd's...
nekokaburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 04:00   Link #215
QueenNori

Volume 8:
Old 2007-06-24, 02:14   Link #216
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenNori View Post
Source: Canned Dogs, Peach-Pit's blog.
Well, that solves that problem. Into the "For sale" pile my english version of Rozen Maiden # 1 goes.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 10:57   Link #217
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This whole situation with the final volume leads me to believe all the more that Peach-Pit will find a new magazine to continue it in. Not having any bonus content in the final volume just means that the fight they got into with the editorial team was resolved very very badly. The final chapter was a contractual obligation, and them leaving an open ending means that they're not happy about it and are telling the fans it wasn't their fault or choice. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if, six months from now or whenever, the story starts up again with a different name in a different magazine. Time will tell, of course, but this whole situation just seems like the fallout of a very big fight.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 07:05   Link #218
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin View Post
Yes, in trad chinese... I bought vol 1 and 2... Haven't read vol2 yet...
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 07:17   Link #219
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin View Post
I actually bought volume 4 in english in Singapore. It was expensive! T_T
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-26, 06:42   Link #220
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Looks like something about Peach-Pit killing off any hope of a Rozen Maiden sequel. Oh well, sucks to be us readers I guess.

http://blog.p-pit.net/?eid=577610#sequel
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, seinen