AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 19:09   Link #81
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

That blushing sure is odd!
Pretty great episode. None of the characters annoyed me, so that's a plus and there were some pretty neat visuals during that brief fight, so yeah, I'll definitely tune in next week for more.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 19:54   Link #82
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I liked this a lot too.
Old 2013-10-08, 20:02   Link #83
Valky
Radioactive

It was good. I like the OP & ED. Suzuka looks more psychotic than she was in the manga or LN though ..

Btw, what's with the 3d craze? Quite a lot of them this season. At least this one wasn't as hideous like the ones in Unbreakable Machine Doll.
Old 2013-10-08, 21:24   Link #84
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Good first episode. Looking forward to next week
Old 2013-10-08, 23:29   Link #85
dark998

I already like all the characters and the OP is my favorite in the season so far. Picked up, picked up.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 23:46   Link #86
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Best OP of the season so far but series itself is... average. Maybe I'll check it later but not now.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:39   Link #87
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Is this a continuation of something? I always get the feeling that I missed out on something previous when ever I watch anime these days.
No, it's new. You aren't missing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
How many cours?
TL;DR: 2, for a total of 24 episodes.
Spoiler for inconsequential stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
It was good. I like the OP & ED. Suzuka looks more psychotic than she was in the manga or LN though ..
A lot sexier too, I actually forgot she's quite underage for a moment there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Btw, what's with the 3d craze? Quite a lot of them this season.
The dragon in the OP doesn't look 3D, and I fully expect it to be as mentioned previously in this thread quite few pages back, so that's a plus. That aside, there are still few recognizable animators (besides Kabashima Yousuke, the other 3 are also credited to episode 1 but the OP credit's just easier to cap), so animation is nothing something I would complain about. CG is the future of anime anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Maybe I'll check it later but not now.
That might be a good choice. This story's very "traditional" in the sense that it starts out slow (yes episode 1 is slow), then builds up amazing story from that. I rather enjoy this kind of pace as opposed to having an intensively grabbing episode that makes me tired from watching it. Compare to the plethora of originals out there, I could understand this not being top priority on anyone's list.

Either way, my personal #1 so far this season despite this will probably not receive the hype|love|troll|fangasm compared to Trigger/Kyoani/PA/Sunrise/Toei series that're airing this season. If episode 1's quality keeps up, I guarantee people will be satisfied if they enjoy a good onmyoudou story.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:42   Link #88
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Technonmyouji with a solid episode one and a Persona-like OP.

Holy shit, the best series opener is right here! 9/10!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 02:27   Link #89
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
TL;DR: 2, for a total of 24 episodes.
Spoiler for inconsequential stuff:
I guess that's the problem for every new airing series, it has a lot of rumours. I for one would be overjoyed if it's indeed 2 cours, but will remain skeptical until it got an official announcement.

Quote:
A lot sexier too, I actually forgot she's quite underage for a moment there.
LOL, yeah .. the way she licked that ringo ame ..

Quote:
The dragon in the OP doesn't look 3D, and I fully expect it to be as mentioned previously in this thread quite few pages back, so that's a plus. That aside, there are still few recognizable animators (besides Kabashima Yousuke, the other 3 are also credited to episode 1 but the OP credit's just easier to cap), so animation is nothing something I would complain about. CG is the future of anime anyway.
Looking at Unbreakable Machine Doll, I guess we're not ready for the future yet.
Old 2013-10-09, 02:31   Link #90
andromeda0201

Been anticipating this due to being an onmyoudou-addict and this first episode was pretty good as an intro. Loved the opening visuals and only hope it won't turn out into a harem.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 02:52   Link #91
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
"inconsequential stuff"]There were conflicting sources in Japan, but base on circumstantial "evidences", this was already very likely to be 2 cour (seiyuu info, some storyboard that the author posted, and the drama cd sales date etc.). The official Chinese streaming website that have the license to this series just outright say 1/24 today (or yesterday rather).
Good Stuff
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 03:12   Link #92
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I love the way the girl lick and suck that lollipop.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 04:25   Link #93
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Didnt like the first episode at all, the blushing was just ugly! i actually thought he slapped the girl when i wasnt looking so i rewind it lol

I think ill wait a couple of eps till i come back to this show, might get getter, its got a good premise i just hope they can work with it. that red hair girl looks like shes only in the story to die i hope im wrong
Old 2013-10-09, 07:51   Link #94
EroKing

Enjoyed the 1st episode. I thought of Hokuto as an adult version of Haruna from Kore wa Zombie Desuka? series
Old 2013-10-09, 08:19   Link #95
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Totally forgot that I read a bit of this manga a while back. The characters are well translated to the screen and the show's brimming with high production values. I especially like the use of BGM.

Must watch for sure.

Oh.... I remembered who that knife-sharpening person at the end was as soon as I saw her...

Edit:

Almost forgot to mention - I like the little thing they did with Natsume's voice too.... :nice:

Last edited by ID555; 2013-10-09 at 09:52.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 10:22   Link #96
HandofFate

hm, fun first episode, genki girl is fun. Poor her, she's only going to be used to push the relationship between the blonde and the childhood friend...

Lots of supernatural shows this season, which I like.

only thing weird is the blushes, it looks like everyone got slapped.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2013-10-09 at 10:47.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 11:37   Link #97
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
My sleeper title of the season, also nice to see the Railgun/Index/I've composer working on this, plus it seems it got confirmed for 2 cours.
Raildex composer and 2 cours. I am already pumped for this because I've read some of the manga, but this just makes it that much better, and also guarantees the anime will cover more material than the manga chapters I have read.
Old 2013-10-09, 12:35   Link #98
ookamigirl

Don't know what to think about this one.
It's kinda slow so far.
The characters look pretty nice though.
That girl really knows how to get what she wants.
Think I'm gonna give this a few more episodes before I decide.
It does have some potential.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 13:20   Link #99
Frontier

I thought this was very interesting and enjoyable premier!

I really liked the opening, both for its music and the visuals. The imagery used in the opening was very fast paced and vivid, which kept me focused on the screen. I also enjoyed Maon Kurosaki's vocals. Definitely another great and interesting opening song for the Fall season!

I thought the animation was good, and I was very impressed by the CG on Suzuka's... Guardian? Familiar? Whatever it was, it looked good, as did Suzuka's licking oddly enough .

Story wise, The premier struck me being a more low-key story hiding the huge epic story in the background, which I guess is fitting considering Harutora's perspective. I'm not quite sure what that epic story entails, but I'm sure the answer will likely come as more about the setting gets revealed and Harutora discovers his true potential.

I thought the friendship between the trio was conveyed well. Touji seems like you're general bromantic foil, but while also being a genuine and nice enough guy. I found Harutora's interactions with Hokuto to be very cute, especially their scenes together at the festival.

Though that being said, it seems that romance wise Harutora/Natsume is going to be the main pairing. In Natusme's favor, I'll say she's adorable when she's flustered, especially with Kana Hanazawa's voice . I'll be looking forward to seeing the two interact more.

I think Harutora is a good protagonist so far. He's honest, not afraid to call out a girl on not being cute or even actually calling her cute, and I can emphasize with how conflicted he is regarding how he should live his life. He definitely has potential, and I'm sure he'll start really tapping into it when he starts using whatever abilities he has.

So I'll definitely be checking more of this out, especially if it's a 2-cour show!
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 13:43   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I enjoyed the first episode. Somewhat stylish, for all its cliches. Kanemoto Hisako was good as the genki osananajimi. But I preferred the human conundrum that carried through most of the episode to the action scenes near the end, and to the forced public kiss. A romantic rectangle in the making?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
...I thought of Hokuto as an adult version of Haruna from Kore wa Zombie Desuka? series
Did you know this director also directed that show?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen, supernatural anime