AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 11 22.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 29.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-14, 05:16   Link #81
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I'm sorry that you feel that somehow it's defensible to send someone down a career path you believe will hurt them (She said it herself, she wanted Mashrio to waste her tallents on Manga) because you hate hate them for the crime of having natural talent.

Hell, I'm ignoring the elephant in the room here by not even going into comics being a lesser art form in Rita's dumb opinion.

What Ryunnosuke did was but a 10th of the verbal take down she deserved. If Bright Noah was involved, there'd be no face left after the bright slap she'd get.
Old 2012-12-14, 05:24   Link #82
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
I'm sorry that you feel that somehow it's defensible to send someone down a career path you believe will hurt them (She said it herself, she wanted Mashrio to waste her tallents on Manga) because you hate hate them for the crime of having natural talent.

Hell, I'm ignoring the elephant in the room here by not even going into comics being a lesser art form in Rita's dumb opinion.

What Ryunnosuke did was but a 10th of the verbal take down she deserved. If Bright Noah was involved, there'd be no face left after the bright slap she'd get.
Rita mIght have the wrong IntentIon but It was MashIro that asked for her help so why are you blamIng her? And why is she not allow to have an opinion? Isn't that part of her freedom? Or does freedom only apply as necessary? And she wanted Mashiro to taste failure, not waste her talent- if you're going to accuse someone at least get your facts straight.

You're not being entirely fair yourself when you ignore all of her past in favor of the simple but incomplete argument that this was just about jealousy.

Rita has been battling her demons for the last ten years ever since she was a child of six years. Her entire class ostracized both her and her best friend, all the adults never gave her any recognition, and to top it off said best friend was not good at expressing her feelings... it's enough to drive anyone to the dark side.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-12-14 at 05:42.
Old 2012-12-14, 05:35   Link #83
Kyuu
=^^=

OK. Per the discussion in the episode 9 thread -- I take it all back. Rita is a selfish bitch. But, I'd still want Sorata to do her. Lololololololol

Yup. Throw Rita right into the harem. But man, these tears were delicious. So delicious, I could taste 'em myself. Kekekekekeke

Last edited by Kyuu; 2012-12-14 at 05:45.
Old 2012-12-14, 06:00   Link #84
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Rita has been battling her demons for the last ten years ever since she was a child of six years. Her entire class ostracized both her and her best friend, all the adults never gave her any recognition, and to top it off said best friend was not good at expressing her feelings... it's enough to drive anyone to the dark side.
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Old 2012-12-14, 06:37   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What is that suppose to mean?
Old 2012-12-14, 07:28   Link #86
wontaek

Quote:
I hate repeating myself, but there is no need to classify someone as simply good or evil. Even in fiction, almost any intention or thought is of varying shades of gray. People need to recognize that there is such thing as "try", and that you can't simply say someone "did" or "did not" to "good" or "evil". It is this failure to recognize that there are many possibility between two opposing aspects of a situation that is at the root of many of what is wrong with the society and the world.

Rita is fallible and have faults just like all human being. While she may had wrong ideas and part of her intention was bad, what should also be recognized was that she was the reason why Mashiro had no need to care for anything other than arts during her time at London. More importantly, she repented. When someone as young as she repents for her action, and if the consequence of her action caused no physical nor mental harm to the other people, I would be very forgiving of that person. I actually believe the consequence of Rita getting Mashiro interested in manga is Mashiro gaining valuable experiences that she could not have if she stayed in London. As someone who was fortunate enough to have interacted with many artists, I can say that variety and depth of experiences often is the key factor as to whether an artist or performer can enjoy long successful career or flame out after a short period of success. Rita, unintended, may have given Mashiro better foundation to grow as a person and likely as artist as well. She also ended up understanding her ownself better. While her past actions may be frowned upon, it would be callous to denounce her as evil person deserving of severe punishments.

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-12-14 at 07:40.
Old 2012-12-14, 08:20   Link #87
Insane
Banned

I believe that Rita has no any malicious/evil intent towards Mahiro, even though she hates her. Otherwise she could have just dumped her since long time ago and chose to befriend with non-talented, more normal kids instead.
Old 2012-12-14, 10:38   Link #88
n120cky

After watching this episode, I think Akasaka is reverse trap.
Well . . ., I hope so . . .
Old 2012-12-14, 11:14   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What is that suppose to mean?
I think he’s quoting Yoda from Empire Strikes Back. IIRC Yoda said it to Luke Skywalker when that disciple of his was doing the Jedi training half-assedly and said “I’ll try”.

Just want to point it out to the uninformed. As for the relation between the quotation and the "Rita topic" at hand, I’ll just leave it to you two.
Old 2012-12-14, 11:20   Link #90
judasmartel
*Author

"Do or do not, there is no try", indeed.
Old 2012-12-14, 21:42   Link #91
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
After watching this episode, I think Akasaka is reverse trap.
Well . . ., I hope so . . .
I hope not. I consider the guy to be a badass.
Old 2012-12-16, 10:54   Link #92
Snuffle
likes cute things

Hmm, so Rita is getting a lot of flak? I find her feelings quite understandable, especially since it's a very common thing, even I have felt and still feel that every now and then.

Rita doesn't really bother me, but I'm curious as to how she's going to fit into this cast of already well saturated personalities. For me, she's more likable than Nanami, whom I still feel is just an extra.

I'm probably way off, but my guess is that Nanami is going to help develop Sorata's character and Rita is going to help develop Mashiro's which will eventually bring those two together.
Old 2012-12-16, 17:12   Link #93
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Hmm, so Rita is getting a lot of flak? I find her feelings quite understandable, especially since it's a very common thing, even I have felt and still feel that every now and then.

Rita doesn't really bother me, but I'm curious as to how she's going to fit into this cast of already well saturated personalities. For me, she's more likable than Nanami, whom I still feel is just an extra.

I'm probably way off, but my guess is that Nanami is going to help develop Sorata's character and Rita is going to help develop Mashiro's which will eventually bring those two together.

So, Rita X Nanami?