AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-11-13, 21:24   Link #1501
GDB

It's more "pretend that he got locked out" or that the White House was literally stolen from him.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-13, 21:44   Link #1502
The Green One

Trump's constant craving for attention and his narcissistic ego will never let him fade into the background.
Old 2020-11-13, 23:01   Link #1503
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My money is still on "dragged out by the hair kicking and screaming".
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 00:13   Link #1504
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My money is still on "dragged out by the hair kicking and screaming".
My prediction is that we will be playing "Where is Waldo" for a few weeks and out of nowhere Trump will appear on inauguration day and start to yell bullshit to try to make Biden stutter when he makes his pledge, he is that kind of sore loser, wouldn't surprise me if instead of a letter he leave a pile of his s**t on his desk.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-14, 00:22   Link #1505
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Well, yeah, he is shitting up the political structure by putting loyalists wherever he could. I doubt the white supremacists cockroaches will be gone come January. Trump sold them a dream, they are likely going to play their cards a bit more subtly, just to get closer to that dream. CEOs of social networks, and creators of boards like various chans, need to face their responsibilities for having allowed such ideas to poison the online communities and offering free propaganda for such toxic persons and ideas. Not even Hitler would have imagined such platforms, with so much reach

Last edited by Sheba; 2020-11-14 at 00:40.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 11:07   Link #1506
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Trump's constant craving for attention and his narcissistic ego will never let him fade into the background.
The grave will, and he's not far from it.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 11:23   Link #1507
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

One thing to me is clear (let's use star wars terms), Trump is not emperor Palpatine, that would be Rupert Murdoch. Trump would merely be Darth Maul. It should be no surprise that Murdoch has ordered Trump to be a done deal, he is already looking into the future, there will be elections in four years and has no time to lose with losers. If the orange orangutan tries to challenge fox news with his own far right news network, he will be crushed in no time.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 11:31   Link #1508
Johnny Dy

I agree, above all else americans are human beings, nobody will stand behind an extremist, a fascist. If you put the most stupid red neck to answer this question "Which is worse, a communist=equality at the price of freedom or a fascist=tyrant=no equality and no freedom?" I think they will know what to answer, even republicans. Not that most of them would be red necks, as they surely are.

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Old 2020-11-15, 12:50   Link #1509
cyberdemon

Looks like Trump won a legal battle in pa concerning a small number of ballots that havent even been included in the current total.
Old 2020-11-15, 16:27   Link #1510
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
I agree, above all else americans are human beings, nobody will stand behind an extremist, a fascist. If you put the most stupid red neck to answer this question "Which is worse, a communist=equality at the price of freedom or a fascist=tyrant=no equality and no freedom?" I think they will know what to answer, even republicans. Not that most of them would be red necks, as they surely are.
Some Americans want a bloodline Trump dynasty. It’s not even uniquely American, some people just want to bring back the divine right of kings
They want a leader that will do everything and think for them so they don’t have to.
This is the reason why Qanon’s “just believe in the plan” is so popular among this group
It doesn’t tell you to worry about issues. It just tells you to trust in the plan
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 16:36   Link #1511
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
I think available evidence disagrees with that assessment.
Old 2020-11-15, 16:51   Link #1512
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure most would reject the question as bullshit, some even for good reasons.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 18:39   Link #1513
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Looks like Trump won a legal battle in pa concerning a small number of ballots that havent even been included in the current total.
Who cares? None of Trump's legal challenges will affect enough votes to change the outcome. Apparently the early results of the Georgia recount shows no substantive changes.

Quote:
No irregularities or significant tabulation errors emerged during the first two days of the recount, officials said Saturday.
https://www.ajc.com/politics/live-up...KKR4LPT466BQ4/
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-15, 20:03   Link #1514
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Trump even admitted he'd lost via tweet, though he tried to walk it back. Since Milley's slapdown last week pretty much kiboshed his hopes of a military coup, electoral college chicanery seems like the last call - and there's enough trepidation from R legislatures in key states to cast that into serious doubt too.

The problem is the transition. Who gives a rat's ass whether T formally concedes or not, but his refusal to allow the transition process to proceed - including security briefings - seriously threatens Biden's ability to govern from day one.
Old 2020-11-16, 01:01   Link #1515
The Green One

Well not to mention it threatens national security, not that he gives a shit apparently. Electorals going rogue is what he's crossing his fingers for.
Old 2020-11-16, 03:25   Link #1516
EroKing
Version Zero

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-11-16, 04:21   Link #1517
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Uh... were you going for fascist is supposed to be the answer they'd give?

If so, then I'm afraid you're very, very wrong... to summarize things, they'd answer the former because they think that "no equality and no freedom" would only apply to brown and black people, not the white rednecks (who are in fact just that racist)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-16, 06:19   Link #1518
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Some Americans want a bloodline Trump dynasty. It’s not even uniquely American, some people just want to bring back the divine right of kings
They want a leader that will do everything and think for them so they don’t have to.
This is the reason why Qanon’s “just believe in the plan” is so popular among this group
It doesn’t tell you to worry about issues. It just tells you to trust in the plan
I'd recommend them the movie "The Man in The Iron Mask", knowing that Louis wasn't even as bad as Trump. He just didn't give a shit. Phillipe(s) are hard to find, you have do put a new born kid in prison for about 18 years behind a gruesome mask and hope he comes back a super sensible human being instead of an animal, then make him king. After that yes, you'd have a progress, not a tyrant, but the opposite at your disposal to lead you into the future. Bit improbable if you ask me, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm pretty sure most would reject the question as bullshit, some even for good reasons.
Less rather than more. More good reasons tend to support the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Uh... were you going for fascist is supposed to be the answer they'd give?

If so, then I'm afraid you're very, very wrong... to summarize things, they'd answer the former because they think that "no equality and no freedom" would only apply to brown and black people, not the white rednecks (who are in fact just that racist)
In that case, I very, very wrongly overestimated the capacity of human stupidity and overal shitbrain. Happens.

I heard the best stand up comedy in my life yesterday, it was the 1st time I nearly died laughing, it simply turned my vision dark from too much laughing, so much that I actually panicked lol! It was made by one of my countrymen and one of those jokes was: "You can't mock a man who believes, right? Because a man that's sure of something - argues with you, a man that believes in something - kills you!" In context it was very funny, not even top 10 jokes (that's how good it was) but top 1 truth. Belief is for a shitbrain more viable than fact.

PS: I absolutely loved Gabriel Byrne in the role of older D'Artagnan (The Man in the Iron Mask). The torment he had to endure at every turn, being forced to betray and fight either his heart/king/son or his lifelong friends was perfectly grafted on his face! There was never a better musketeer 'til then or since! The best role of his career as much as I'm concerned, the rest of the movie was ok, but when he was in play looking interested in someone or something, I felt my ballz cringe! lol When I rewatch the movie, that's what I'm looking for, seeing him play that role again.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-11-16 at 09:33.
Old 2020-11-16, 18:45   Link #1519
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

On the national shame front, Georgia's Republican SoS says he and his wife have received death threats and that elected R officials including Lindsey Graham have been pressuring him to rig the recount for Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5c0_story.html
Old 2020-11-16, 22:12   Link #1520
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
On the national shame front, Georgia's Republican SoS says he and his wife have received death threats and that elected R officials including Lindsey Graham have been pressuring him to rig the recount for Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...5c0_story.html
How ironic that the party claiming a stolen election is now trying to steal the election. Hope this is investigated.