AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2020-11-26, 10:46   Link #1621
The Green One

Well Biden has the unenviable job of cleaning up this mess. Plus being the blame scapegoat when Repbublicans inevitably dig in their heels and fight him every step of the way.
Old 2020-11-27, 15:14   Link #1622
cyberdemon

This is funny, the pa appeals courts rejected Trumps claims of voter fraud with it coming straight from one of his own appointees. Lol
Old 2020-11-27, 20:11   Link #1623
Key Board
Carbon

well, The Trump base is now arguing that they need to lose the case in order to escalate it to the SCOTUS

They're getting deeper and deeper into Qanon, and I guess this is a preview on how the next years will be.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 20:25   Link #1624
The Green One

Well main priority now will be getting Biden safely installed. Trump overturning things is looking to be more and more of a long shot but not all parties have given up yet. If these last four years have taught me anything, it's don't underestimate people's capacity to be stupid. There's no telling what further damage people are going to attempt.

So far it hasn't amounted to anything, either because either Trump appointees in certain states actually believe the law has to be followed which means actual evidence for a claim, or they just are willing to risk torpedoing their own careers by backing dubious legal claims.
Old 2020-11-27, 22:42   Link #1625
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
well, The Trump base is now arguing that they need to lose the case in order to escalate it to the SCOTUS

They're getting deeper and deeper into Qanon, and I guess this is a preview on how the next years will be.

//
SCOTUS will do nothing unless they have proof of widespread fraud. They don’t investigate, just look at the evidence. Lack of evidence is what keeps getting their lawsuits thrown out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/recount-w...021011966.html

Lmao
Old 2020-11-27, 22:54   Link #1626
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
SCOTUS will do nothing unless they have proof of widespread fraud. They don’t investigate, just look at the evidence. Lack of evidence is what keeps getting their lawsuits thrown out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/recount-w...021011966.html

Lmao
*reads article and snickers*

I suppose Wisconsin says thanks for the 3 million moron.
Old 2020-11-28, 00:17   Link #1627
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I think one of the best things I've seen is the people suing to get their money back after donating millions to the fraud investigation.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 00:38   Link #1628
The Green One

That's probably unlikely that there is all that many doing that, the ones that donate are the ones who have already drunk the voter fraud koolaid and actually believe it's true. Someone who doesn't believe wouldn't donate in the first place.
Old 2020-11-28, 10:38   Link #1629
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

From what I read, Trump lost young voters in record numbers. Coupled with his pushing of voter fraud* conspiracy theories, this spells doom for the gop chances of ever taking again the white house. If trump really believes there is a deep state, he must be freaking scared because he has become a liability for the neocon agenda, since it is a given that he trump will be in the ballot in 2024 (and 2028, I would not even rule out 2032!). Trump indeed is reagan 2.0, but back then the gop didn't had to deal with becoming his bitches because ...

*remember that people that really believe the electoral system is fraudulent are less likely to vote ever again.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 11:20   Link #1630
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
From what I've read, Trump actually GAINED supporters among every other ethnic group EXCEPT white people. Again, close to half the voting population of the country wanted this guy to remain in office. The extremely scary question is, how quickly will the GOP find a candidate who is simply an intelligent version of Trump? Basically, they'd actually be another Reagan.

On a personal note, I also received depressing political news from my hometown... basically, although NY ALWAYS goes blue because of NYC, there's a reason why before I left, I was hearing tons of calls for the City to be split off from the rest of the state: where the rest of my family (who vote Dem) live, everyone else goes Republican. Granted, my family lives on practically the backwoods of NY... but when the votes in the county for Congressional senator are less than 100 votes in difference, it makes me depressed about my home area (and reminds me why I left!)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 13:39   Link #1631
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
an intelligent version of Trump? Basically, they'd actually be another Reagan.
Make no mistake, Reagan was not smart, it is simply that when you compare him with the ORANGutan or dubya, he looks very smart. Trump and Reagan were charismatic, the difference that Reagan appealed to the average voter, while trump was only interested in pleasing (with actions) his wasp base. It is a surprise to me that non-whites vote for trump increased, seems like empty promises are better than no promises at all.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 20:34   Link #1632
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

A fool and his money
https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/do...report-2020-11
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 21:41   Link #1633
The Green One

I paid good money for you to pander to my delusions and you didn't give me what I want so give it back!

That's not someone waking up to reality, that's just the salt shaker spreading salt.
Old 2020-11-29, 03:25   Link #1634
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If he gives me 2.5 million dollars, I promise to make a "True the True the Vote" group that will investigate claims of fraud among the investigations for voter fraud.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 08:22   Link #1635
Johnny Dy

I would do it for 2!

Sometimes it is an easy thing for a man to cry out for retribution, until he himself has walked in the foot steppes of those suffering the penalty.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 17:50   Link #1636
Galaxian

During Giuliani's conference about voter fraud in Arizona... Arizona's GOP-led leadership certified Biden's victory in that state. There's no way that wasn't planned.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-01, 07:43   Link #1637
Jaden
Witch of Betrayal

I think if it was an establishment president challenging an election, you would have the FBI breaching doors everywhere with an army of lawyers behind them, in order to find the evidence. That is in the rare case where such a challenge is actually needed. The rules would have been adjusted to favor the incumbent way before the election took place, and they would have beat Biden easily.

When it's President Trump, though, you have Giuliani and Powell peddling wild conspiracy theories in alternative media, and some scuffed crowdsourced lawsuits that judges can simply refuse to hear.

It seems like his failure was relying on the GOP too much as a populist. What he needed was more independent loyalists inside the bureaucracy, though that's a pretty tall order.

Even the famous 200+ Trump appointed judges and 3 SCOTUS picks, are actually all Federalist Society people from McConnell's address book. Of course they are not going to have Trump's back.

There are rumors that he wants to run again in 2024, but I think his chances then will be even smaller than they are now. Age is catching up, and keeping up the train's momentum until then will be tough. I was wrong about everything this year though, so probably I'm wrong again.
Old 2020-12-01, 10:01   Link #1638
cyberdemon

I think he’ll be too afraid of losing to run again. However he’ll play it up till the last minute before stepping down to keep his image up. This is all dependent though on if he won’t face potential jail time.
Old 2020-12-01, 12:46   Link #1639
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The Republican Governor of Arizona, Doug Ducey, was so proud of his personal relationship with Trump that he programmed his phone to play "Hail to Chief" whenever the President called. Yesterday Ducey was holding a press conference to certify the results in his state (Democrats Biden and Kelly both won) when his phone apparently rang with those familiar tones.

Ducey turned off his phone.

Meanwhile Trump plans to campaign for the Republican candidates in the Georgia run-off elections. He has attacked both the Republican Governor, Brian Kemp, and the Republican Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, for not supporting Trump's delusional beliefs about how Georgia's electoral votes were stolen from him. Both the Senate candidates signed a letter asking Raffensperger to step down. He refused. So it's not obvious how Trump's appearance will play out. Republicans in the state are worried that Trump's constant refrains about how the election was "rigged" will discourage his supporters from voting in the January 5th run-offs.

Raffensperger and his family have also received death threats from wild-eyed Trump zealots.

Trump has managed to con his supporters out of $150 million so far by making his wild accusations of improprieties in the election process. Good down payment toward the $400 million he is thought to owe personally to creditors like Deutsche Bank.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2020-12-01 at 13:07.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-01, 16:07   Link #1640
cyberdemon

Barr has just announced that the DoJ found no evidence of widespread voter fraud

Next up Trump is looking for a new attorney general.