AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-11-21, 01:11   Link #1
The Green One

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Nintendo Switch) (Breath of the Wild Spoilers)

I'm surprised this thread doesn't exist before now..... Well then...

See Hyrule 100 years before the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game and experience the events of the Great Calamity

Join the struggle that brought Hyrule to its knees. Learn more about Zelda, the four Champions, the King of Hyrule and more through dramatic cutscenes as they try to save the kingdom from Calamity. The Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity game is the only way to see firsthand what happened 100 years ago.

- Battle hordes of Hyrule’s most formidable foes -

From barbaric Bokoblins to towering Lynels, menacing monsters have emerged in droves. In addition to Link and Zelda, take control of characters like the four Champions and a young Impa. Use their distinct abilities to carve through hundreds of enemies to save Hyrule from the impending Calamity.

If you have save data for the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild game, you can get the in-game Training Sword bonus item. Equip this weapon and you’ll automatically hold a Pot Lid as a shield. This combo may also trigger the occasional Perfect Guard!

So this is a Prequel to Breath of the Wild a la Hyrule Warriors style. (Gameplay combines the 1 vs. 100 combat, weapon classes, and light Real-Time Strategy present) It's release date was Today. From what I understand it's the story of what happened a 100 years ago but with a twist. Zelda and Link find out about Calamity Gannon's plan.

Shenanigans commence.

So while this is a "Prequel" it's also an alternate timeline game. Which if anyone has played more than 2 Zelda games before to completion they're probably aware of this series tradition of it.

I don't own a Switch but I've been a long time fan of Zelda and I imagine I'll watch a playthrough of it.

****This game assumes you have played Breath of the Wild and this thread is like going to have spoilers in it for that game. You have been warned*****
Old 2020-11-21, 16:44   Link #2
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
In addition to Link and Zelda, take control of characters like the four Champions and a young Impa. Use their distinct abilities to carve through hundreds of enemies to save Hyrule from the impending Calamity.
And searching for concept art turned up this collection of interesting fanart.

Quote:
So while this is a "Prequel" it's also an alternate timeline game. Which if anyone has played more than 2 Zelda games before to completion they're probably aware of this series tradition of it.
Which does make me wonder if it is possible to run a playthrough in such a way as to entirely forestall the Calamity. Which may instead leave the floor clear for something else as bad if not worse, as a certain timeline's Einstein discovered the hard way...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-22, 10:52   Link #3
cyberdemon

I wonder which timeline botw2 belongs to