AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-27, 23:06   Link #13321
VDZ

Or not have much use for free exp. I spent my 15k exp for advancing a skill by 20-30%.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-02, 22:43   Link #13322
Gravitas Free Zone

Once again, Marks of Excellence on low-caliber barrels look a little silly:

Images
M24
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I was mildly surprised to get the MoE on the Chaffee today; I hadn't used it in quite a long time (possibly not since the US scout line opened up a few months ago).

Actually cruised through dailies on the US scout/autoloader lines today, up until the T54E1 and T57 HT, at which point friendly IQs dropped from reasonably smart to dumber than dirt. Eh, so it goes.

I also picked up the Panther 88 over the weekend, if only for completeness purposes than anything else (though I couldn't bring myself to get the Großtraktor over Christmas). I hated the Panther II. Unsurprisingly, I kinda hate the Panther 88, though maybe now, 20000 games after I did the Panther II grind the first time, I might be able to make it work if I put some more effort into it.

At least it dropped to the cost range of the Super Pershing. It was stupid at the $50 range.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 00:01   Link #13323
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I signed up for WOT Generals.. No code yet lol
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 00:59   Link #13324
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

What is MOE? How can I get it?

GRAND SPONSOR NO TOKYO BAY, OH CHRISTMAS
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 05:09   Link #13325
Gravitas Free Zone

Marks of Excellence are little nation-specific markers that are painted on the tank's barrel (their display also has to be enabled in the settings menu). They're awarded for having a better damage ratio vs. other players using the same vehicle.
Old 2015-03-03, 23:03   Link #13326
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

I enjoy playing SPG class, I lost count of players raging Sky Cancer in chat lol
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 00:00   Link #13327
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybola View Post
I enjoy playing SPG class, I lost count of players raging Sky Cancer in chat lol
I like to write in chat "Reminder that arty is fair and balanced" everytime I kill someone with a direct arty shot. Playing Wack-a-Noob with arty Is a good relaxing therapy.

Also got finally a mark of excelence... in my Chaffee.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 06:16   Link #13328
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I like to write in chat "Reminder that arty is fair and balanced" everytime I kill someone with a direct arty shot. Playing Wack-a-Noob with arty Is a good relaxing therapy.

Also got finally a mark of excelence... in my Chaffee.
I lost my MOE in my IS-6, it used to have 2 >< Now it only has one MOE
Old 2015-03-04, 06:54   Link #13329
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

Man, why's the Lee so painful to grind?

Old 2015-03-04, 10:14   Link #13330
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
Man, why's the Lee so painful to grind?
because you are doing it wrong in a way. I've aced it mine with top gun

Unlock M4 first, then T1 Heavy.
Old 2015-03-06, 10:13   Link #13331
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I had one serious match in the early hours that I thought would be a total loss since it was my first match of the session and most of the time my laptop would take ages to load in and the connection would have dropped by the time I got into the game, and by the time it had finally kicked me back to the login screen and logged back in (this took around 2 minutes) only 5 tanks (including myself) were still alive.

Somehow (and I mean this literally), me and my KV-1 managed to turn the tide of the battle and took out 8 of the remaining 11 enemy tanks (it would have been 9 if it wasn't for a hetzer with an itchy trigger finger) and chocked up my first ace tanker, Radley-Walters and top gun awards.

The enemy team did help a bit with some accidental team killing and fail ramming, but once it was all over I had to take some time to put myself back together and it was back to business as usual with most of my matches ending with my tank being a smoking wreck and the match being a loss.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-07, 02:14   Link #13332
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

Finally had a good game with the Lee. Killed 4 tanks without any scratch. Though it still fell short of Mastery Badge.

Well, at least I got an Invader Medal on the next match.

Old 2015-03-07, 12:28   Link #13333
Gravitas Free Zone

That .gif of the Level 10 airstrike in Strongholds.

1. Get top clan.
2. Spend a few days collecting Strongholds resources.
3. Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of everyone else.
Old 2015-03-07, 19:55   Link #13334
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

^ Call of Duty much?

Anyways, what equipment to buy for the StuG?

Old 2015-03-07, 20:09   Link #13335
Gravitas Free Zone

Katyusha voicepack coming soon!

StuG: Definitely a gun rammer. Rate of fire is your friend.

After that, opinions vary.

The view range is not very good; coated optics don't offer enough of a benefit to be useful. Binoculars actually will give a useful view range boost if you're going to be sitting in the bushes and sniping, though ideally you'll also have other teammates spotting for you.

The camouflage net helps if you're bush sniping and can't always get full 15-meter cover.

Vents will slightly bump up the rate of fire and other stats, though it's not a huge change.

Enhanced Gun Laying Drive is not needed; the aim time is already quite good.
Old 2015-03-08, 17:23   Link #13336
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So.. the NA server is staging a 2-month long login mission, the gifts for 30 and 60 days of login are a T7 Combat Car and the SU-100Y respectibly. Each daily login is giving 50.000 silver as reward.

The PAX weekend mission was a pain, but at least managed to finish them, and got some nice 1500 gold as compensation for the T14.

also...

A little of Chaffee trolling

Last edited by Strigon 13; 2015-03-08 at 17:52.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-08, 19:25   Link #13337
Gravitas Free Zone

Exploiting the fact that in most games as a bottom-tier scout, if there's something bigger to shoot at, they won't shoot at you...

Images
Also, I have no HEAT in my Bulldog.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I almost got nuked after engaging the opposing M41 and T71 during the opening stages of the fight; much of the rest of the game was spent hiding behind the rock in the SW corner and peeking out to shoot when the opposing heavies were otherwise engaged. I probably could have finished off the Deathstar at the very end, except that I had 50 HP and was perfectly fine with taking long-range potshots at it while it was busy.

I should probably reload one clip of HEAT, because long-range against a flat-sided enemy was exactly the situation with the 183. Though it was also moving around enough that flat-out missing was a problem.
Old 2015-03-08, 22:17   Link #13338
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
So.. the NA server is staging a 2-month long login mission, the gifts for 30 and 60 days of login are a T7 Combat Car and the SU-100Y respectibly. Each daily login is giving 50.000 silver as reward.
Thank you for posting this. I'd have definitely missed the first day if I hadn't seen your post.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 09:59   Link #13339
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

I really liked this login event. You will actually win several prizes when you reach a certain number of days like equipments and free 1-day premium account.

Old 2015-03-11, 21:11   Link #13340
Gravitas Free Zone

Finished the T57 Heavy On-Track 250K XP, got the 1500 gold and garage slot compensation for the T14 that I already have.

General observations:

The post-nerf T57 HT is blah, had to run cola on a BiA crew to get tolerable gun handling. (No vents because pub=optics.)

I'm still very indifferent to the T69, to the point where I wasn't even really trying to improve my win rate with it.

The 9.6 accuracy change has caused the T49's accuracy to be even goofier; I blame lag too, but I missed shots from pointblank range against targets that were filling the probability circle.

The Walker Bulldog is crazy fun when the gunner has Deadeye. Even after loading one clip of HEAT for emergencies after that post from a few days ago, I never actually needed to use it.

I hadn't used the T71 in a while, but it's still nice for being faster, more maneuverable, and smaller than the Bulldog.

Still enjoy the M7, though my high win rate in it largely stems from being Leeroy Jenkins.

The Chaffee's current gun annoys me since AP travels rather slowly in a slight arc, so attempts at long-range shots were messy. APCR fixes all that, but costs rather more than I want to spam.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks