AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-05-07, 13:22   Link #5121
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Langran, La Gias
Jeez, this has sequel flags everywhere, but I would like to see Demon again (Diaboromon not so much, he got 2 movies already)
__________________
Explain it to my Bear Knuckles!!
BassGSnewtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 14:25   Link #5122
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
You know they can always retcon that.
yeah anything said in an interview only remains true while the status quo remains unchanged. Adding a new seasons that wasn't intended when the interview was made is changing the status quo. Plus the series itself never confirms or denies so there is nothing that needs to be retconned if they decide to change their minds on Takari. It's a Schrodinger's Ship at this point lol.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-07, 16:51   Link #5123
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
For those who think we won't see Meicoomon ever again, a digimon only dies permanently when it does in the Human World.

But... by the time Ordinemon was slayed, the two worlds had already been merged, with the Dark Ocean flooding the city. This is also why Vamdemon could make it back in 02, because by the time he was killed, the Digital World was hovering in the skies.

So going by that, Meicoomon should have been reborn back in the Primary Village, now clean of any corrupted data.

Last edited by Knighto; 2018-05-07 at 17:14.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 15:47   Link #5124
C-MC
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
For those who think we won't see Meicoomon ever again, a digimon only dies permanently when it does in the Human World.

But... by the time Ordinemon was slayed, the two worlds had already been merged, with the Dark Ocean flooding the city. This is also why Vamdemon could make it back in 02, because by the time he was killed, the Digital World was hovering in the skies.

So going by that, Meicoomon should have been reborn back in the Primary Village, now clean of any corrupted data.
Ordinemon was in Tokyo when it got sliced so Meikuumon is gone for good...
C-MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 16:39   Link #5125
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Apparently, you seem to have missed a line in my previous post.

At the end of the fifth movie, the two worlds began mergin, which was completed starting the sixth and final movie. So the battle took place in both worlds simultaneously.

Therefore, there's a possibility Meicoomon was reborn in Primary Village. And frankly, I would be glad if she did. That beeping after the credits rolled seemed to also be a hint.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 10:21   Link #5126
Idealist 99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangladesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighto View Post
Seki Hiromi, a long time producer and supervisor, is returning for the new Digimon project.
I was wondering a question, did anybody ever bashed Seki Hiromi for her statement in the interview ?Will she get attack on twitter by fans if the squeal reveals that Tk and Kari didn't ended up together.
Specially considering how the director of "Darling on the Franxx" attacked by fan on Twitter.
Suppose, the squeal start with revealing Kari is dating somebody and its not TK. She and Tai has become a little distant since the event of Tri series and also Tai has problem with adjusting to the idea that his little sister has a boyfriend.
__________________

Last edited by Idealist 99; 2018-05-27 at 13:53.
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 10:55   Link #5127
Knighto
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Why would devs give a damn about what a bunch of idiots post on twitter. Pretty sure they do not bother to read these bait comments.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-28, 13:00   Link #5128
Konja9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I was wondering a question, did anybody ever bashed Seki Hiromi for her statement in the interview ?Will she get attack on twitter by fans if the squeal reveals that Tk and Kari didn't ended up together.
Specially considering how the director of "Darling on the Franxx" attacked by fan on Twitter.
Suppose, the squeal start with revealing Kari is dating somebody and its not TK. She and Tai has become a little distant since the event of Tri series and also Tai has problem with adjusting to the idea that his little sister has a boyfriend.
It was an old interview, before Twitter existed. Also, Seki Hiromi only answered this because she was asked if Takeru and Hikari were married. She will answer the same about every other ship (except Sorato and Miyaken).

I really doubt we will know Hikari's future husband or Takeru's future wife. Takari is still pretty popular, so they will mantain the shiptease. I see more likely they become Takari canon and retcon that part of the Epilogue.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 10:33   Link #5129
Idealist 99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangladesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
Also, Seki Hiromi only answered this because she was asked if Takeru and Hikari were married. She will answer the same about every other ship (except Sorato and Miyaken).
Probably because those are the only main ships that are actually canon.

Quote:
I really doubt we will know Hikari's future husband or Takeru's future wife. Takari is still pretty popular, so they will mantain the shiptease.
Honestly, I would prefer if Toei doesn't tease a ship that they have no intention of making it canon. It will just enrage fans and cause more backlash.
Since fans ranted about Sorato becoming canon because the original digimon series and movie teased Tai and Sora so hard. If the series never teased Tai and Sora as potential couple then there wouldn't have been any backlash.

Quote:
I see more likely they become Takari canon and retcon that part of the Epilogue.
From what we have seen, Tri series has no intention of retconing the Epilogue.
Even the final episode has shown that Tai applying for Collage to build a better future which imply his future as an ambassador while Matt decided to aim toward the space which foresee his future as an Astronaut.
__________________
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 11:09   Link #5130
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 26
just finished this

I won't complain about how cheesy the development are... I mean we're growing up as well so it's normal that we could not watch Digimon as we used to before... if I'm still a child, I'll still be so hype with that conclusion

what I would like to underline here is the actual death of several humans... Is there a dying human before in Digimon series? This is a great idea to be integrated because they wanted to show that the Digidestined is truly not naive anymore..
They know pretty well about the sacrifice that was needed to be done

I'm still salty over Meicoomon's death though.. no one know if she actually become egg or not.. but Meicoomon is pretty cute Dandan...
About Omegamon Merciful mode, I guess Digimon 1 need their own "whole 6-8 digimon combined into one" stuffs like Susanoomon, etc.
Ordinemon is a great villain overall... tanking all those damage like a badass digimon
I prefer Orphanimon to Magnadramon though... It is too random to suddenly put Dragon-type into Tailmon-evolution chart
They removed the Adventure 02 Digidestined simply because they're too lazy to animate them or Imperialdramon might easily solve the whole situation.. lol

and seriously.. just how many mysteries are they going to add for Hikari? She suffered too much already and we're still not finding out everything about her weird power.. what is Homeostasis and Yggdrasil's view toward Hikari?

and I really need that last version of Butterfly... they actually gathered all the casts to sing it
RIP Wada Kouji

I'm satisfied for this 26 episodes ride... Thank you for reviving my childhood
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 13:34   Link #5131
Konja9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Honestly, I would prefer if Toei doesn't tease a ship that they have no intention of making it canon. It will just enrage fans and cause more backlash.
Since fans ranted about Sorato becoming canon because the original digimon series and movie teased Tai and Sora so hard. If the series never teased Tai and Sora as potential couple then there wouldn't have been any backlash.
The problem (of some Takari fans) with Takari not being canon existed since the end of 02. Not to mention that most Takari fans already accepted that this couple is not canon (and still enjoy the shiptease in Tri), even if they still hope for a retcon in this regard.

Even if the new proyect add more Takari shiptease (which is likely since the ship is pretty popular), this is not going to produce a big backlash.

Also, it's always possible they add other couples to the Epilogue (like Takari or Koumi).



Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
From what we have seen, Tri series has no intention of retconing the Epilogue.
Even the final episode has shown that Tai applying for Collage to build a better future which imply his future as an ambassador while Matt decided to aim toward the space which foresee his future as an Astronaut.
I just said that it was more likely that Takari become canon than we will get to know Hikari's husband or Takeru's wife.

I do not think the epilogue is going to be totally retconned, but other couples could be added. Although I do not say that this is going to happen.


The new project of Digimon seems to have a new staff, so we do not know what decisions they are going to make about it.
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-31, 14:07   Link #5132
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konja9 View Post
Also, it's always possible they add other couples to the Epilogue (like Takari or Koumi).
Neither would actually require a retcon of the 02 epilogue since they aren't mentioned. Neither were confirmed or denied in the show. An interview only goes so far especially since they likely didn't intend a new adventure series when the interview happened. Unless it is outright said in the show, they are free to do what they want in the future with those ships regardless of the interview.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 17:49   Link #5133
Chaos2Frozen
Spherical Cow
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In a vacuum
Age: 29
The most interesting thing in the movie is Dark Gennai name dropping Daemon and Diaboromon. That was the only wtf moment no matter how small. Btw I still stand by my theory that Dark Gennai is actually Piedmon who got dragged out by Yggdrasil from whatever hole MagnaAngelmon put him in

It feels like something went wrong during the writing phase of this series, something went off course around the 3rd movie and Toei might have bit off more than it can chew. I can see what they wanted to do and I don't actually have a problem with the main plot beats of the story but it's the inter-connecting parts that are so haphazardly done that is disappointing. To say nothing of a certain loose ends that we don't know what happened to her...

In the end I'm overall glad for more Digimon Adventures, I just wish it were better done. The Tri movies started when I first entered University and it's only fitting that it ends as I graduate this year and close another chapter of my life
__________________

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 15:51   Link #5134
foxbox360
New Age Badass
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The most interesting thing in the movie is Dark Gennai name dropping Daemon and Diaboromon. That was the only wtf moment no matter how small. Btw I still stand by my theory that Dark Gennai is actually Piedmon who got dragged out by Yggdrasil from whatever hole MagnaAngelmon put him in

It feels like something went wrong during the writing phase of this series, something went off course around the 3rd movie and Toei might have bit off more than it can chew. I can see what they wanted to do and I don't actually have a problem with the main plot beats of the story but it's the inter-connecting parts that are so haphazardly done that is disappointing. To say nothing of a certain loose ends that we don't know what happened to her...

In the end I'm overall glad for more Digimon Adventures, I just wish it were better done. The Tri movies started when I first entered University and it's only fitting that it ends as I graduate this year and close another chapter of my life
Remember in season 1 when Piedmon hit one of the Gennai clone with a small black sphere? What if that sphere contain Piedmon back up date and was slowly infected that Gennai over the years to become the black Gennai of now?
__________________
Mecha need to evolve!!!!!
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 13:01   Link #5135
Idealist 99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bangladesh
Headcanon : Mimi's husband is an American considering the epilogue shown Mimi with more western clothes and also she cut off her hair. It make sense since she spend much of her life there after Adventure 01. It hard to believe that she never dated anybody there.
__________________
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 10:43   Link #5136
xrick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 30
No comment... I leave that to you folks.
ANN: New Digimon Film Project Announcement

And a small extra from the event:
Spoiler:
__________________
Looking for suggestions of Portuguese (of Portugal) Publishers that might have an interest in publishing a LN-style Original Novel Series.

Last edited by xrick; 2018-07-29 at 11:38.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 12:15   Link #5137
Galaxian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Tai and Matt keep looking younger and younger.

Where's the Nade Nade? That was the most exciting part of Tri.
Galaxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 15:04   Link #5138
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Yeah, Tai and Matt look like they actually regressed in age. Also did Tai trade in his his goggles for metal plate or something?
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 20:07   Link #5139
alex_drian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Tai man, take off the goggles you have 22 years for fuck sake, you seem a fucking idiot and chunni.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 20:50   Link #5140
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nope, nope, nope. Running for the hills. You aren't getting me again Digimon Tri.

Also what the heck Tai with those "goggles." Looks like he wants to get into metal work or something.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
digimon

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.