AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-03-13, 21:43   Link #81
mark1246

OK so I started the game for the first time (newbie here) played on "hard" mode after reading all the negative comments people said about it before doing NG+ (which u have to beat 3 time to get it). Tried it......oh man 3 hits and you die ... yeah. So gonna play on "normal" until i get the first ending and change the difficulty setting in the second run if it a challenge after getting all the upgrades.

my question is, do your second run of the game you keep all your upgrade cause then there no point in changing the difficulty if im gonna die 3 hits and go all the way to the beginning
Old 2017-03-14, 03:31   Link #82
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You keep basically everything for any run past the first one, so chips lvl etc.
My usual recommendation is that you stay on normal for the prologue and few chapters after it.

Hard is too frustrating for an early run because you barely have any defense or chips, so any single mistake is nearly as punishing as super hard.
Old 2017-03-14, 14:53   Link #83
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You keep basically everything for any run past the first one, so chips lvl etc.
My usual recommendation is that you stay on normal for the prologue and few chapters after it.

Hard is too frustrating for an early run because you barely have any defense or chips, so any single mistake is nearly as punishing as super hard.
Almost everything. If you had incomplete quests, their progress will be entirely reset.

For example, I did the first part of The Wandering Couple at Pascal's village on the A route where they later moved to the Flooded City, but on the B route they were back at Pascal's village again.

Also Very Hard isn't so bad after you get past the prologue because the mission is long and you are forced to go through it without any chips or save points. After I got some weapon upgrades and Shock Wave the game got a whole lot easier
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 15:53   Link #84
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Got a bit more detailed for a spoiler free review although it is basically the same as I posted earlier. Here is a full spoiler one though.

Got the platinum trophy yesterday. I can finally put that game to rest until I feel like doing a full hard/super hard run, but the latter doesn't particularly feel appealing considering a lot of sequences feel like pure masochism with that "difficulty".
I read the review, but it seems you didn't collect all the Gestalt project docs in game.
Or else some of your question will be answered.

And I noticed you mention that you learn the series lore by video... bad move.
If you want to learn about the series lore from the others, you only ask the person who had done ALL the following:
1.Played all games in the series.
2.Read all managa/other publication of the series.
3.Read all material in the DoD3 SE sore only limited box.
4.Actually read all the interview with Taro and his team out there so you don't get fooled by the misleading info that Taro purposely tries to feed you.
5.Knows the content, or actually attend to Taro's lecture on his game design philosophy.(THIS PART IS VERY IMPORTANT, it changed how I viewed his works completely.)

If you don't, you ought to get something wrong down the way.
Because even players who did all of the above is not sure if they get everything right.
And Taro's own co-writer is being driven mad by Taro constantly because Taro is intentionally trying not make sense from time to time.
so what I am trying to say is. Instead of trying to understand the story, it is more important to understand is Taro toying with us with the things he presented to us.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-03-14 at 18:58. Reason: removing 1 spoiler line just in case
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-14, 18:21   Link #85
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I got 100% of the documents, and none actually addressed the questions I posted. That said, some were clarified after checking some more timeline and novella.
Also...
Spoiler for Gestalt project, NieR 1 and Automata route B spoiler:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-03-14 at 18:59.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 14:02   Link #86
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Finished the game 3 times, got all the main endings. Kind of itching to restart in hard but I'll leave that for another time. Great game. Soundtrack is on a whole 'nother level though... worth playing just for soundtrack alone.
Old 2017-03-18, 07:35   Link #87
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I played it all day yesterday and I adore it so far!

Spoiler for PC Performance:

Spoiler for Gameplay/Music:

Spoiler for Voice Acting:

And I'll save my commentary on the plot for when I get most of the endings (or at least all of the major ones).
Old 2017-03-18, 08:46   Link #88
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Finished the game 3 times, got all the main endings. Kind of itching to restart in hard but I'll leave that for another time. Great game. Soundtrack is on a whole 'nother level though... worth playing just for soundtrack alone.
How you could finish game 3 times and got all main endings when there's 5 main endings...? Last of them are choices near end boss and you have something to choose there to get last ones?

I will jump into PC ver. next year maybe... My potato PC would't probably even be able to run this game
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 12:14   Link #89
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for Voice Acting:

And I'll save my commentary on the plot for when I get most of the endings (or at least all of the major ones).
Spoiler for voice acting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
How you could finish game 3 times and got all main endings when there's 5 main endings...? Last of them are choices near end boss and you have something to choose there to get last ones?

I will jump into PC ver. next year maybe... My potato PC would't probably even be able to run this game
That's because you don't exactly play the game completely 5 times. You only need 3 full playthroughs.
Old 2017-03-18, 13:24   Link #90
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

After finishing the game a 3rd time you get access to chapter select so you don't need to worry about having saves ready either. If you're going achievement hunting that helps too. Maybe it's different on PC but on PS4 you only have 3 save slots (unless I've been missing some obvious way to scroll in that) so it's kind of a pain for people like me who like to throw in an extra permanent save now and then just in case I missed something and passed some irreversible checkpoint.
Old 2017-03-18, 13:42   Link #91
Shadow5YA

Spoiler for ending C question:
Old 2017-03-18, 13:59   Link #92
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^

Spoiler for Ending C:
Old 2017-03-18, 16:17   Link #93
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Spoiler for voice acting:
My commentary actually had nothing to do with 2B's characteristics/personality at all. I was ONLY commenting on the vocal rendition. I've watched of the several cutscenes (including endings) in Japanese, and for ME personally, I hear Mikasa in the tone and enunciation of that performance. Sorry.

As for most of your other commentary, we'll just have to politely agree to disagree there.

On a separate note, I did find some additional performance issues while I was playing today.
  • Forest Zone has some really bad stuttering in a very small handful of areas. Will need to pay more attention next time I go there.
  • Sometimes messing with your cursor while in map mode will cause the game to stop recognizing your controller's joysticks while in that mode, forcing you to only be able to rotate the map using your mouse. Things went back to normal after restarting the client.
  • Before heading into the "City Ruins Cavern" area, I got a glitch that caused 2B to get frozen mid-running animation every time I tried to sprint. It started while I was in the Resistance Camp right after I got done testing out a new spear. Simply reloading my last save fixed this.

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2017-03-18 at 17:55.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 17:18   Link #94
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I mentioned that exactly because it is tied to the character as a whole, hence why I took the liberty of pointing points on the character itself because voice rendition has a huge part of it.
I didn't imply you mistook her character. Rather, I brought points regarding her characteristics that fall within voice rendition main points.

And sincerely, that's probably just my opinion, but merely few cutscenes doesn't really cut it regarding the impression of a given voice, where the range spans over a whole game, subquests included.

In any case, it seems the PC port isn't exactly fantastic by any means and require a lot of tinkering instead of expecting it to work with a cutting edge PC.
To those who are still hesitating but own both PS4 and PC, I honestly think going with the PS4 is far less a hassle, unless they (or someone like Durante) release a patch.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-03-18 at 17:28.
Old 2017-03-18, 18:34   Link #95
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I really hate that this game is not available on Steam for SEA players.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-18, 22:51   Link #96
Shadow5YA

By the way, does anyone know how to access the elevators in the Flood City, Desert, and Forest area guarded by the Apologetic Machine that self destructs after you talk to it?
Old 2017-03-19, 07:11   Link #97
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You cannot access them at all legitimately. There is also a japanese player who managed to reach the flooded city elevator from the resistance camp by exploiting a bug and found out the elevator is completely empty and inactive.

Either it is a dlc teaser, some cut content or a joke. Incidentally, Yoko stated that we shouldn't expect any meaningful DLC and it is up to SE to provide funds for them.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-03-19 at 07:22.
Old 2017-03-19, 08:57   Link #98
Key Board
Carbon

the previous Nier had DLCs, and that sold far less than this one

there is hope, I guess.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 13:05   Link #99
Shadow5YA

Anyone know how to complete the Wise Machine's suicide quest? I thought I had it completed when I hacked into three of them, saw one of them jump to their deaths, and visited the spot where one jumped, but there is nothing there.

When I went back to a route B chapter, the sidequest progress was reset.
Old 2017-03-19, 13:24   Link #100
Sides

Quote:
In any case, it seems the PC port isn't exactly fantastic by any means and require a lot of tinkering instead of expecting it to work with a cutting edge PC.
To those who are still hesitating but own both PS4 and PC, I honestly think going with the PS4 is far less a hassle, unless they (or someone like Durante) release a patch.
Actually it is pretty good port. The game support real MSAA, no post processing stuff, but it is really taxing. I got it everything on high or maxed out, MSAA disabled and have 59-60fps all the time at 2560x1080, using borderless window. This is on a medicore system, i5-4670k with 980ti.
However the game is capped at 60fps, v-sync or not, and unfortunately, like the ps4 version, all cutscences are not rendered in game, meaning they are actually 30fps movie files, hence the drop to 30fps when the game runs the movie files. Honestly the pc version is a really good 1:1 port, it would have been better if they actually added things to the PC version.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc/steam