AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 62 51.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 9.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.65%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-09, 11:02   Link #81
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
It sounded like a different version of Reflectia (OP) to me.. Just different notes and tones.

GREAT episode.

They showed Ai and Noe after Hiromi and Shin, but they showed Ai taking a glass of water. I can kind of grasp what Noe was mourning over, and what was happening with her staring at her grandmother's picture like that, but what does that glass of water depict? She's talking pills or something?
No, it's a completely different eufonius song.
Old 2008-03-09, 11:10   Link #82
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
They showed Ai and Noe after Hiromi and Shin, but they showed Ai taking a glass of water. I can kind of grasp what Noe was mourning over, and what was happening with her staring at her grandmother's picture like that, but what does that glass of water depict? She's talking pills or something?
Aiko drinking water LATE at night is just to show her state of mind, she is UP late at night.
The same goes for Noe, their feelings and insecurities are keeping them awake. Aiko even though she told Shin she is over him, still has feelings for him. Noe knows that Shin has feelings for Hiromi, and doesn't understand why he is with her. Each girl is coping the best way they can, Aiko drinking water and Noe looking at her grandmother picture.
Old 2008-03-09, 11:57   Link #83
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

I'm surprised by the only interpretation of Noe's curse speech to pop up so far, because, while it makes sense plot-wise, it doesn't character and setting-wise:

Aiko: I loved Shin.
Noe: There is no way curses exist. If they did, I would have made Shin love me.

This sounds something like: "I'm not armed. If I was, I would be trying to kill you." Not the pinnacle of smooth-talking.

And that would be very, very surprising coming from Noe, who saw that the "imagination of Shin's true heart" designated his "place of flight", an effect of her constantly seeking to "understand his feelings".

Noe aiming to slight Shin's free will in any conceivable way is something I cannot see.

The first thing it made me think of was Noe's quote from the beginning of the show: "A curse always hits two." Her first "curse" brought misery upon herself and Shin. If the second one were to work the same...

Noe: If they existed, I would not be in love with him right now.

Or, in other words, "I would not be suffering so".This is what the hurting but (evident in every scene) acceptant Noe would like to convey.

Food for thought, I suppose. Noe scenes tend to be complex - recall last week's "pain for pain".
Old 2008-03-09, 13:00   Link #84
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
good episode, I gave it 9/10.

Shin and Hiromi seem like the destined couple at this point but since there's still 3 episodes left it leaves room for a plot twist. ShinNoe could happen, especially if Hiromi was speaking to Shin in the next episode preview. I get a feeling it might not be that simple but we'll see next week.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:13   Link #85
Falkor

Finished episode 10 properly

I liked the ending; it was simply beautiful. For some odd reason I feel that the relationship between Hiromi and Shin has reached a resolution/conclusion rather than a climax. Even though there’s still a long path in front of them with 3 more episodes or so, major conflicts between Hiromi and Shin have been pretty much solved (except the one concerning their feelings for each other).

Now, Ai-chan and Noe have been left out of any proper resolution to their feelings; while the former finally broke up her relationship and admitted that she has graduated from him, the latter didn’t receive the same kind of treatment. Noe’s feelings are asking to be developed when her situation is trapped in some kind of chaos. She is very confused as her actions seem to point out only in that direction. Even with all this happening or not happening at all, the part after the climax hinted that these two are not really done with that person. Somebody is going to suffer at the end, and that's probably what's going to happen in the next episodes.

@RevRayCool

I was trying to point out that she at some time was disbelieving the lie she was told by no longer staying away from the person closest to her (though it was developed very subtly as far as I know). If you think she was deluding herself, go ahead…

Again, characters of fiction are not supposed to do what you think they should. I can see where is your dislike for Hiromi coming from, but I don’t see how that explains her decision to accept whatever she heard as the plain truth.

I don’t really want to immerse myself into this type of argument because it goes nowhere, seriously. You are somehow missing the point of the show. Rather than complaining why characters are not acting they way “I” want, try to understand the world surrounding them and the decisions they take as result of their problems—or simply enjoy the mood, the music, and the drama because that’s what the show is good at (in my opinion of course).
Old 2008-03-09, 13:26   Link #86
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Now, Ai-chan and Noe have been left out of any proper resolution to their feelings; while the former finally broke up her relationship and admitted that she has graduated from him, the latter didn’t receive the same kind of treatment. Noe’s feelings are asking to be developed when her situation is trapped in some kind of chaos. She is very confused as her actions seem to point out only in that direction. Even with all this happening or not happening at all, the part after the climax hinted that these two are not really done with that person. Somebody is going to suffer at the end, and that's probably what's going to happen in the next episodes.
I am little confused about the above statement, you make look like Aiko actually meant what she told Shin about graduating from him, while you later admit that the two girls are not over with it by the part after the climax. I think Aiko is done with Shin, even with her feelings she has decided to give up on Shin in her mind. It is pretty much like what another Sister type of girl is doing in another show. Still we are shown that the two girls are not able to sleep because of what they have on their mind.

If Aiko actually had graduated from Shin, she wouldn't have worries that keep her up at night.
Of course lets give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she is actually regreting breaking up with Nobuse. My bet is that she is still suffering from having to give up on Shin, she telling Noe that she used to like Shin came out unconciously as telling her that it was noe's fault she had to give up on him. Aiko still doesn't know about the deal though. I wonder when Noe and Aiko will find out if they ever do.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:45   Link #87
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Aiko still doesn't know about the deal though. I wonder when Noe and Aiko will find out if they ever do.
I've always seen the whole issue of the "deal" as the crux of the relationship between Hiromi and Jun. I don't really see the need to have Noe and/or Aiko find out about it in the sense that it would probably just hurt them more, (especially Noe, which is probably why they very well may find out about it) senselessly because Shin did have some kind of feelings for Noe; he was as confused as anyone about his relationship with Hiromi and Noe at that point in the show. Thus, my biggest problem is that the girls won't know about Shin's feelings at the time when/if they find out about the deal and so the whole thing would come off as a misunderstanding.

Just personally, I'd rather not have it revolve around that kind of "false drama" in a sense; I just think it'd be more powerful for them to deal with their relationship without that kind of weak instigator (a misunderstanding in some sense). Now for Hiromi and Jun, at this point they do need something to force a break up and thats why the whole deal along with the earlier Hiromi/Jun scenes as an indicator of Jun's original feelings would seem to fit the bill.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:50   Link #88
zAKai

I think the melting of the snow where Shinichiro placed the stones might be significant if there were a plot twist.
Old 2008-03-09, 13:57   Link #89
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Wonderful episode. Though everything feels resolved with Hiromi (for the most part - come on confession!), it is hard to be complacent with 3 episodes left (particularly in this series).

Spoiler for Noe and Shin Closure:
Old 2008-03-09, 14:00   Link #90
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

the snow melting will have something to do with something...

i was all ready to declare hiromi the winner, but then the last line of the preview kinda threw that theory into chaos.

i absolutely LOVED the ending to this ep. powerfully emotional, provided some resolution. however, i'm not a fan of shin saying, i'll do everything properly. i was expecting a i love you. or something along those lines. dang it, now we have to wait another week...

i've thought that Noe was the mechanism to get Shin to fly with Hiromi since the first few eps. looks like i'm going to be right (hopefully)
Old 2008-03-09, 14:32   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zAKai View Post
I think the melting of the snow where Shinichiro placed the stones might be significant if there were a plot twist.
Interesting thought. I wondered why it had to be done in stones.
Spoiler for speculation:
Yes, we have reached a point that many anime would stop at: with Hiromi and Shin finally realizing that they feel the same way about each other. But this anime gives us three more episodes. That's enough time for a twist, but I think I would rather just see everyone finding their own real resolution in these complicated emotional circumstances. I think popular drama often ends on a high, whereas classical drama ends after the high, with a fuller resolution.

By the way, I can't resist mentioning here that in her blog, Takagaki Ayahi (Noe) has told us that she has just learned that she has succeeded in graduating from college. She has apparently been studying vocal music at a Tokyo-area university. She's 22.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-03-09, 15:30   Link #92
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Hmm, I can't find this song under Eufonius' or riya's discography. Is this a new song?
Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that it'll be included on the "Insert & Image Song" CD coming out on April 16th.
Old 2008-03-09, 16:02   Link #93
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i absolutely LOVED the ending to this ep. powerfully emotional, provided some resolution. however, i'm not a fan of shin saying, i'll do everything properly. i was expecting a i love you. or something along those lines. dang it, now we have to wait another week...
Well, its just a bit too early for that in ep 10. Usually when someone declares a mutually felt love, we get that at the very end of a series since it means all the conflicts are resolved or further on the path to resolution in any case. One way confessions are more the norm at this point (or a bit earlier) as well as a pairing getting closer; should be on the way soon though...

I definitely agree with you guys that the snow melting away over the message in stones will probably play a part in all of this, but as usual only time will tell...
Old 2008-03-09, 16:04   Link #94
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So another week, another day, another True Tears episode!

Every time I watch an episode, I'm always worried that the series won't be able to keep up with itself in quality. It just never drops in viewing pleasure and is always a nice experience to me. I've never understood why I liked this series so much in the first place, it hasn't provided any extreme and excessive drama, big plot movements, nor has it had a lot of moe to seduce me into the show. But after watching this episode, I've finally put my finger on it.

What makes the show great, to me, is the big sense of realism I get from it. Even though stuff happens, I get a great sense of continuity as the show progresses like real life. In other words, life just moves on regardless of your personal problems. Not just that, but the emotions seem so understandable and real. Since this episode I think is a greatest representation of this, I'll use it as a model.

Because of events leading up to episode 10 we have the suspended Hiromi, and the suspended Jun. Shinchiro found out that he and Hiromi were not siblings. We got the rejected Aiko, and the feeling alone Noe.

In many other shows like the disastrous Myself:Yourself, when a lot of drama happens time just seems to stop. It's like the world is centered on them alone and nothing outside really matters.

But unlike those shows True Tears doesn't do this.

Shinchiro goes to school like everyday, goes to his dance practice, goes back home like every other day. It really gives a sense of living life. We as humans are still going through our daily routines everyday regardless of what happens to us emotionally.

Life isn't all its cracked up to be like in regular dramas. I really detest shows were all the characters yell out something like lets go to the creek, and everyone acts like four year olds saying how much fun that is and they all go like it's some huge party.

The slow and quiet nature of the show is what really propels this realism. The way they showed Aiko emotionally in this episode was great. We all know how hurt she is, and we get to see Nobuse finally psychologically come to a conclusion regarding the situation. Aiko still lives on regardless, tries to keep a smile upfront although she's sad. She's just not stopping how she lives for her broken heart.

I don't feel I described the show's picture of living real life very well, but it is defintely what makes this a great watch to me. Other people have described the realism of the emotions in this show, so I won't go into that.

Anyhow specific things that I liked very much in this episode.

The way they are handling Noe is also great. That scene where she runs after Shinchiro and then stops, just said so much about how she is feeling without even saying any words. It really reflected the distance she's experiencing emotionally to Shinchiro.

Nobuse... This guy is really getting my respect more and more as TT goes on, it's really too bad Aiko didn't like him originally.

I'm happy that Shinchiro is not so ignorant of all the things around him, but hopefully he'll learn to make everything right by the end like he kind of said in the end of the episode.

The ending scene, while me not being a particular fan of Hiromi x Shinchiro, was still pretty beautiful.

There are a couple questions though that arose in my head during this episode.

Why did Shinchiro see Noe this episode and take her to his dance practice? Did he feel it was his obligation as a boy friend to take her out, or was it Nobuse's comment about Noe that she is a "good person." Is this "good boy" Shinchiro at work?

When Noe said "just one more time oba-chan" did she finally resign herself from the relationship in her own head?

Anyhow, this episode gets a 9/10 from me, I hope this series can end well!

P.S. Sorry to ask and annoy people but, is True Tears 12 or 13 episodes? I keep hearing different things...
Old 2008-03-09, 16:09   Link #95
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
So another week, another day, another True Tears episode!

Every time I watch an episode, I'm always worried that the series won't be able to keep up with itself in quality. It just never drops in viewing pleasure and is always a nice experience to me. I've never understood why I liked this series so much in the first place, it hasn't provided any extreme and excessive drama, big plot movements, nor has it had a lot of moe to seduce me into the show. But after watching this episode, I've finally put my finger on it.

What makes the show great, to me, is the big sense of realism I get from it. Even though stuff happens, I get a great sense of continuity as the show progresses like real life. In other words, life just moves on regardless of your personal problems. Not just that, but the emotions seem so understandable and real. Since this episode I think is a greatest representation of this, I'll use it as a model.

Because of events leading up to episode 10 we have the suspended Hiromi, and the suspended Jun. Shinchiro found out that he and Hiromi were not siblings. We got the rejected Aiko, and the feeling alone Noe.

In many other shows like the disastrous Myself:Yourself, when a lot of drama happens time just seems to stop. It's like the world is centered on them alone and nothing outside really matters.

But unlike those shows True Tears doesn't do this.

Shinchiro goes to school like everyday, goes to his dance practice, goes back home like every other day. It really gives a sense of living life. We as humans are still going through our daily routines everyday regardless of what happens to us emotionally.

Life isn't all its cracked up to be like in regular dramas. I really detest shows were all the characters yell out something like lets go to the creek, and everyone acts like four year olds saying how much fun that is and they all go like it's some huge party.

The slow and quiet nature of the show is what really propels this realism. The way they showed Aiko emotionally in this episode was great. We all know how hurt she is, and we get to see Nobuse finally psychologically come to a conclusion regarding the situation. Aiko still lives on regardless, tries to keep a smile upfront although she's sad. She's just not stopping how she lives for her broken heart.

I don't feel I described the show's picture of living real life very well, but it is defintely what makes this a great watch to me. Other people have described the realism of the emotions in this show, so I won't go into that.

Anyhow specific things that I liked very much in this episode.

The way they are handling Noe is also great. That scene where she runs after Shinchiro and then stops, just said so much about how she is feeling without even saying any words. It really reflected the distance she's experiencing emotionally to Shinchiro.

Nobuse... This guy is really getting my respect more and more as TT goes on, it's really too bad Aiko didn't like him originally.

I'm happy that Shinchiro is not so ignorant of all the things around him, but hopefully he'll learn to make everything right by the end like he kind of said in the end of the episode.

The ending scene, while me not being a particular fan of Hiromi x Shinchiro, was still pretty beautiful.

There are a couple questions though that arose in my head during this episode.

Why did Shinchiro see Noe this episode and take her to his dance practice? Did he feel it was his obligation as a boy friend to take her out, or was it Nobuse's comment about Noe that she is a "good person." Is this "good boy" Shinchiro at work?

When Noe said "just one more time oba-chan" did she finally resign herself from the relationship in her own head?

Anyhow, this episode gets a 9/10 from me, I hope this series can end well!

P.S. Sorry to ask and annoy people but, is True Tears 12 or 13 episodes? I keep hearing different things...
Even though I differ with some things, it pretty much nailed how I also see this.

And it's 13 ep.
Old 2008-03-09, 16:09   Link #96
vio5555

Quote:

Good comparison of its strengths with Myself; Yourself's weaknesses. Those strengths are indeed what separates it from many of the other shounen romances we've witnessed over the years.
Old 2008-03-09, 16:20   Link #97
JCMS

Looks like Hiromi's gonna win
I want Noe.

On a side note: I doubt that Hiromi is speaking to Jun for "The one you like isn't me". I mean, we, he and she all know that he isn't in love with her. right?

Last edited by JCMS; 2008-03-09 at 16:50.
Old 2008-03-09, 16:48   Link #98
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
More or less, yes, but not in a terribly negative way. He knew that she was feeling distant from him (hence his apology -- "a lot happened"), so this was a way of sort of "letting her in" to his more personal life. He probably figured that she would enjoy it, given what happened before. So this was sort of an apology/kind gesture/olive branch sort of move, I thought -- he was trying to show that, despite his recent distance from her, it wasn't anything that she had done wrong. Of course, the very fact that he stayed distant from her in the midst of all the stuff going on is sort of telling, which ties into the next point...

Quote:
...which is also basically a yes, though she had already realized this in the last episode ("this isn't the place where you can fly from"). She's indulging herself one last time before the inevitable happens. And with the ending of the episode, it's pretty clear what "the inevitable" is (tied into his monologue at around the 17-minute mark, the whole Raigomaru story, and subsequent scenes). The way they've been slowly drawing things back to those two sketches he drew in the first episode is no surprise, and Noe now realizes what she needs to do to help Shinichirou fly.

Edit: By the way, on an unrelated note, I just wanted to say that the subtleties in the running scene were extremely well done. The best part of the whole thing was how there was so little dialog -- it was what was unsaid that was way more important. The look on both Hiromi and Shinichirou's faces at the end were just perfect -- their hearts were racing at a million miles a minute as they were able to finally convey the feelings they had held back for so long. In a sort of ironic sense, it was as if they were tired of running. When I saw that scene coming, I have to admit that I originally didn't think I'd like it (as it's a bit well-played), but they still managed to do it in an interesting way. I liked it a lot.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-09 at 17:41. Reason: added unrelated thought
Old 2008-03-09, 17:20   Link #99
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMS View Post
On a side note: I doubt that Hiromi is speaking to Jun for "The one you like isn't me". I mean, we, he and she all know that he isn't in love with her. right?
The crux of saying "[t]he one you like isn't me" is that it implies that you like someone else which is an important point since that would be what Jun doesn't realize.

Assuming it's meant for Jun, it's probably because Jun is refusing her attempts to break off their relationship... he probably does realize that he isn't in love with her, but he sees keeping Hiromi tied down as the way to keep Noe and Shin together and by extension keep Noe happy (which may be the reason for the statement, since it implies that he does like someone, i.e. Noe).

So if it is directed at Jun, it's meant to imply that he actually loves Noe... which is what he has been refusing to admit.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:02   Link #100
zAKai

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Well, its just a bit too early for that in ep 10. Usually when someone declares a mutually felt love, we get that at the very end of a series since it means all the conflicts are resolved or further on the path to resolution in any case. One way confessions are more the norm at this point (or a bit earlier) as well as a pairing getting closer; should be on the way soon though...

I definitely agree with you guys that the snow melting away over the message in stones will probably play a part in all of this, but as usual only time will tell...
Maybe she will finally find her mittens ;-)
Closed Thread