AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 11:32   Link #101
Albafica
Pisces no saint

ATHENA EXCLAMATION!!!! I read the chapter 139 and it was very good (Eaque is absolutly gorgous ). It is a cool image but i hate the idea of another Athena Exclamation... Too similar to the original one.

There is another colo in chapter 138:

Athena is so cool .

About Saint Seiya, I don't know if it has success in USA or your countries but in France or Brazil, Saint Seiya is so popular (well when i was kid, it was my favorite show, Dragon Ball z was the following).
Brazil seems the country where Saint Seiya had the most impact.
I remember about these topic "who's the most powerful goldsaints, who's the best saints", topic about the hypermyth, about bronze saints, about some fights. It was very fun to speak about that .
It seems that in USA, Saint Seiya hasn't got success, but perhaps I make a mistake! For example, I'm very suprised that a shonen like Saint Seiya doesn't have his subforum here, or there are not a lot of people who follow The Lost Canvas. Perhaps, it's the new generation, that's why Saint Seiya is "outdated".

I saw the first two OAV with first english subs out and it was very bad. I take the french sub and it was very well translated (jap=>french).

Lost Canvas in Brazil:

Last edited by Albafica; 2009-07-01 at 11:44.
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 13:54   Link #102
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Personally I would love to see the Athena Exclamation in LC, surely they will use it in order to keep advancing through Hades' temples.

In USA the series didn't make that much impact due to censoring, horrible voice acting and the fact that there, the original 114 episodes were not transmitted lol
Mexico is another country where this series was a complete success.
Old 2009-07-01, 16:05   Link #103
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Anyone else felt sorry for the little dog? That Pandora is a real meanie =)

So, there are 13 OVAs planned. We will get more no doubt afterwards, right?
Old 2009-07-01, 16:20   Link #104
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Wait to see in what that little dog transforms later.

As for more OVAS... I suppose we WILL get more eventually, as the first 13 OVAS surely will reach no more than chapter 50 in the manga (I'm expecting OVA 13 to end right before Manigoldo's debut), and keep in mind that the manga at the rate it is going will have at least 200 chapters.
Old 2009-07-01, 17:42   Link #105
Shinkun
Fansubber

Great adaptation of the Manga! The previous OVAs were a complete disappointment. I'm also in complete agreement as to the translation quality of the early english releases of this. Lines seem to have been matched directly from the manga and for the lines that are exclusive to the animated version, they seem to be no more than wild guesses.

Anyway, the next episode should come out sometime in August. Can't wait!

Last edited by Shinkun; 2009-07-01 at 18:01.
Shinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 18:43   Link #106
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamknight87 View Post
Wait to see in what that little dog transforms later.
That cute little three-headed dogie from intro?

I just started to read manga a bit, I just couldn't help it. It looks really good so far and I'm pretty sure this anime will be on my top favorites (if they keep the quality as it is). Let's just hope they add a bit of hand-to-hand fighting, at least a little.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:44   Link #107
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
That cute little three-headed dogie from intro?

I just started to read manga a bit, I just couldn't help it. It looks really good so far and I'm pretty sure this anime will be on my top favorites (if they keep the quality as it is). Let's just hope they add a bit of hand-to-hand fighting, at least a little.
oh there is :O

I didn't like it when Jabu and ... wait, no.. that's not Jabu anymore xD

when Yato "spars" with Tenma, they made that bit of fighting as unimpressive as possible.

the saint trainees before was awesome though. i wish we could've seen something like that

[edit] I just realized that Athena's voice actress is the same one for Reira in NANA. Oh my god. I just keep finding more and more reasons to love this anime.

Last edited by Jehuty; 2009-07-01 at 21:54.
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 13:12   Link #108
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Bad news about Lost Canvas OAV, the last week, it appears at rank 18 in Oricon , in term of selling (between 1000 and 2000 copies sold which is not a very good score).
This week, Lost Canvas OAV disapears of top 20.

I hope it will be better sold in the future because it's in touch with the sequel of Lost Canvas... We will have 13 OAV of Lost Canvas, but if we want a sequel, it must be sell very well! In 13 OAV, I think we will end at volume 7 (2 OAV for 1 volume).

Perhaps, selling will be better later, like it was for OAV of Hades sanctuary!

There is a lot of explications about theses figures: new chara design, seiyuu, music and other things. Or we can say merely that Saint Seiya is outdated or Lost Canvas is too classical (and i agree with that, Lost Canvas is too much copied on Kurumada's manga, too much dualistic...).
Well it's a good shonen in my opinion, but not a must have.

AND I hate Suzumiya Haruhi's voice for Sasha, i hate her! She speaks with her nose .

Old 2009-07-02, 16:45   Link #109
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
Lost Canvas will probably sell more in Europe and South America than in Japan. ^^
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 16:57   Link #110
Crimrui
Hollow

Well the words of love will spread when more people get to see this show. Many of my friends that I urged to watch old Seiya weren't impressed so they will think twice before watching this though. But if OVA maintains this level of animation and brings us good fights, more people will jump in eventually I hope. Big plus is that you don't have to watch old series to get into this.
Old 2009-07-03, 00:18   Link #111
beamknight87
Gold Saint

Next OVAS will come out on August 21st.
Also, in case you are a Myth Cloth collector like me, this might interest you:

The Myth Cloth of the Celestial Violent Star, Bennu Kagaho, a Specter from the Lost Canvas will come out this November for 6,825 yen. Even though it had already been announced with the Pegasus Tenma Myth Cloth, I still find surprising that this would be the 2nd Myth Cloth from the Lost Canvas series. Makes me wonder if we will get characters like Yuzuriha or other Specters in this format soon.
Whatever, I'm preordering this guy as soon as possible, that's for sure.
Old 2009-07-03, 20:22   Link #112
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

I just saw the first ep., and it was AWESOME! I haven't seen anything St. Seiya before, but this def. makes me want to go check out the oldies but goodies.

I was really impressed -- the art is pretty (literally! Alone's giant painting was amazing! If I walked into a building and saw that in real life, I would not be able to look away!) and the animation is fluid. Moreover, the story seems to have gotten off to a great and exciting start--I can't wait to see more! I'm def. hooked.

Although, I am not exactly in love with the OP song. In fact, I think it's downright terrible. With lyrics like "The truth will be revealed today, I don't have anyone else to slay" combined with mediocre vocals and a cheesy yet uncatchy melody, it makes me . . . *facepalm*
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 01:28   Link #113
klare

i like the old Saint Seiya manga but disappointed by its animes

read the 1st episode of LC manga but could not continue, that is why i never try watching the OVA

but it seems many here like it so i will try it
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 03:59   Link #114
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh you prefer Kurumanga than anime of Saint Seiya? I think Araki does a very good job on anime, and Yokohama is a god on music!
And I hate the chara design of Kurumada .

I agree with you about first volume, it's not very good! I read the first two volumes and i don't like it (but in anime, i think i will be good).

I think, Lost Canvas is good at volume 3 and Albafica's appearance (it's me ). I hope TMS will not fail this one!

About Benou cloth, i love it *_*.

Old 2009-07-04, 04:24   Link #115
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Oh you prefer Kurumanga than anime of Saint Seiya? I think Araki does a very good job on anime, and Yokohama is a god on music!
And I hate the chara design of Kurumada .

I agree with you about first volume, it's not very good! I read the first two volumes and i don't like it (but in anime, i think i will be good).

I think, Lost Canvas is good at volume 3 and Albafica's appearance (it's me ). I hope TMS will not fail this one!

About Benou cloth, i love it *_*.

whoa.... whooaaaa that's some AWESOME coloring. holy shit. if only they'd end up coloring him like this in the ova...!!!
Old 2009-07-04, 12:33   Link #116
Crimrui
Hollow

Is that guy the one who flies a bit and lands on the ground in OVA intro?

I don't know what you people find amusing but I tried the first few chapters of Lost Canvas and it's more exciting then the oldie Seiya. Sure, people who love Gold Saints will always find their fights and story interesting but as a main character, Tenma is not half bad. As long as he doesn't start saying every four minutes ''Sao-err Sasha-saaaaaaaaaan!'' he will be ok =)

Spoiler for certain character in Lost Canvas:
Old 2009-07-04, 12:57   Link #117
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah it's Kagaho (Benu). We can saw him in the opening:

Spoiler:

I prefer these shots of Kagaho manga :

Spoiler:

When i read the firsts two volumes of Lost Canvas, it was very boring because Tenma is too much stereotypic. There isn't good fight, character aren't very interesting and charismatic. Well, when i read firsts volumes of Saint Seiya original, I really don't like it because the chara design is absolutely ugly .

But at volume 3, Lost Canvas began to be good because of an unforgettable fight with Albafica (Pisces no saint). People who don't like Aphrodite in original manga will like it, for sure (I think )!

In last volume/scan, Tenma become very strong and endearing. But there are no match between Tenma/Albafica, Tenma/Manigoldo, Tenma/Rasagdo in my point of view. Gold saints are the best!

About Degel, he appears in scans, so yeah he will not appears in these OAVs:

Spoiler:

But no problem, he's not the best of gold saints (but perhaps, you will like him because he's cool in a certain way )!
The best is Albafica!!!!! *___*

He prepares something .
Old 2009-07-04, 13:15   Link #118
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I grew up with the old Saint Seiya and even though Kurumada's character design wasn't the best the anime serie was still epic.

And I've got to say, this is one hell of a good adaptation. Lost Canvas is a nice manga as well and I definetely prefer LC's character design (which is why I always thought Kurumada should simply work on the plot and let someone else draw the story). I also sense that this new serie could even appeal to female viewers as well since Teshirogi's character design has kind of turned all of the saints into bishounen, haha.
Anyway so far this OAV has impressed me because not only it is staying pretty faithful to the manga, but because of the quality of the production, it's amazing. The scene in the first episode where Alone ends up at that garden is truly beautiful. The only thing that didn't click that well with me was the choice of Aya Hirano as Sasha's VA. Her voice simply doesn't fit at all, even though she's a talented VA I just can't picture Sasha with her voice.

And I'm really itching to see the next chapters animated, let the Gold Saints take the spotlight.

Heck I might even consider buying this from Japan just to help the sales getting better, since 13 episodes won't be enough to cover all of the manga (which is still ongoing anyway).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 13:21   Link #119
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post

Holy smokes, that's absolutely gorgeous! I agree, these colors should have been duplicated in the OVA (or at least, they should have tried to duplicate it).

So are you guys saying that the old St. Seiyas all pretty much suck?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 13:25   Link #120
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
So are you guys saying that the old St. Seiyas all pretty much suck?
Oh absolutely no it doesn't, it's great. You just have to get used to Kurumada's character design, once you get past that it's an epic story with some very nice characters. After all if you think about it, we're talking about a serie that was created in the late 80's and in that period it was pretty much eye-candy considering all the action that it involved.

Lost Canvas is like what Saint Seiya should be in the modern days, with a more polished character-design and with better pacing. But the original saga is still important (although people who haven't watched it may still watch LC without any much trouble, besides a few details).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen