AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-15, 16:34   Link #6921
Xacual

If you look at wowhead, you can see that the quests require level 80 to get even inside the zones.

In Hyjal only about 3 or 4 quests are lower than 80 and those are at the very end of the zone so you wouldn't be able to get them.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 16:42   Link #6922
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If you look at wowhead, you can see that the quests require level 80 to get even inside the zones.

In Hyjal only about 3 or 4 quests are lower than 80 and those are at the very end of the zone so you wouldn't be able to get them.
Ah I thought for Hyjal you could just fly there[not hard no idea why blizzard made people use the portal the first time ] and still get most of the quests.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 17:02   Link #6923
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You can fly there, but you probably would find any quests waiting for you. Also the mobs hit pretty hard even on an 80 (though I suppose it depends on what class you are...sounds like druid.) I am assuming this is because they want people to see more Wrath content after seeming what happened to Outland. That and with all the XP boosts, waiting to 80 still won't get you to Storm Peaks or Icecrown, and thus you will be undergeared aside from heirlooms and some crafted gear even if you got at 80...less the crafted gear if you could go at 78 since you'd I suppose halfway done with the Basin or even just in the Grizzy Hills at 78 with maximum XP boosts.
Old 2011-01-16, 02:31   Link #6924
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You can fly there, but you probably would find any quests waiting for you. Also the mobs hit pretty hard even on an 80 (though I suppose it depends on what class you are...sounds like druid.) I am assuming this is because they want people to see more Wrath content after seeming what happened to Outland. That and with all the XP boosts, waiting to 80 still won't get you to Storm Peaks or Icecrown, and thus you will be undergeared aside from heirlooms and some crafted gear even if you got at 80...less the crafted gear if you could go at 78 since you'd I suppose halfway done with the Basin or even just in the Grizzy Hills at 78 with maximum XP boosts.
I have a blue 308 weapon for 78, so the issue would if I can a survive well enough via the previously mentioned talent to kill stuff , plus if possible I'd rather do 78~80 Hyjal, 80~82 Vash'jr than more quest in Northrends.
MAL
Old 2011-01-16, 02:58   Link #6925
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I have a blue 308 weapon for 78, so the issue would if I can a survive well enough via the previously mentioned talent to kill stuff , plus if possible I'd rather do 78~80 Hyjal, 80~82 Vash'jr than more quest in Northrends.
If you could start hyjal at 78, you'd get to at least level 81 the experience difference is quite huge. Just finish off northrend fast and then head to hyjal or vashj'ir whichever you prefer. If you want to level the fastest though, make sure once you hit the level for new zones that you head to them. Quests in Hyjal and Vashj'ir are about 20-30k xp while deepholm which opens up at 82 gives about 35-50k a quest. Uldum gives about 45-60k at 83. Twilight highlands gives the most also it has the Cataclysm Ring of Blood equivalent which gives 110k each quest for the series of 5 quests.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-01-16, 03:04   Link #6926
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
which opens up at 82 gives about 35-50k a quest. Uldum gives about 45-60k at 83. Twilight highlands gives the most also it has the Cataclysm Ring of Blood equivalent which gives 110k each quest for the series of 5 quests.
As well as very nice weapons equivalent to 85 normal dungeons blue drops, in fact many quests there give ilv 333 blues if I remember
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 03:11   Link #6927
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
As well as very nice weapons equivalent to 85 normal dungeons blue drops, in fact many quests there give ilv 333 blues if I remember
Indeed does, though sadly there isn't an agi 2-hander from it, so I'd be doing it purely for the exp, though my friend told me the end quest for deepholm provides a i333 agi polearm, which would make completing all the quests there worth it was only 325 so might not bother with it since can I do get a i333 one via a different quest in twilight highlands.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2011-01-16 at 03:22.
Old 2011-01-16, 12:29   Link #6928
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

PVP makes me hate horde sooooooooooo much, at the same time the alliance as well...
Old 2011-01-16, 12:34   Link #6929
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
PVP makes me hate horde sooooooooooo much, at the same time the alliance as well...
It can tend to make to you hate people quite quickly at times... especially people that happen to playing rogues , or just plain don't understand how a simply BG works, ie the hur dur people that go for flag first in EoTS even when you only have one base .
MAL
Old 2011-01-16, 19:31   Link #6930
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

a bit happier.. my first gilneas BG we won because people listend to me.. and it was my first time in the BG lol
Old 2011-01-17, 17:09   Link #6931
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
It can tend to make to you hate people quite quickly at times... especially people that happen to playing rogues , or just plain don't understand how a simply BG works, ie the hur dur people that go for flag first in EoTS even when you only have one base .
The stupidity, the silliness, the clumsiness of people in Battlegrounds is making me stay out of that and only going for arenas, so I don't have to deal with it Strangely the Horde in my battlegroup is doing well in one battleground (Warsong Gulch) while they are just being dominated in another (Strands of the Ancient)...
Old 2011-01-17, 19:35   Link #6932
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The stupidity, the silliness, the clumsiness of people in Battlegrounds is making me stay out of that and only going for arenas, so I don't have to deal with it Strangely the Horde in my battlegroup is doing well in one battleground (Warsong Gulch) while they are just being dominated in another (Strands of the Ancient)...
I mainly do them when I want a bit of change of pace from grinding quest/dungeon exp on my druid atm, or when I see it's call to arms for one of the BGs I like [ie AB/WSG mainly] and decide to use the chance to get some exp/honor , though I suppose at 85 I'll be doing them for PVP gear on my druid since I intend to keep my PVP off-spec for it unless that nerf for druid actually goes life as in 4.0.6 D:.

How is arena these days? Asking as I stopped doing it[and PVP in general] on my pally since the 4.0 patch, and my druid isn't high enough for it yet so quite unaware of what it's like at 85.
MAL
Old 2011-01-17, 19:54   Link #6933
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I mainly do them when I want a bit of change of pace from grinding quest/dungeon exp on my druid atm, or when I see it's call to arms for one of the BGs I like [ie AB/WSG mainly] and decide to use the chance to get some exp/honor , though I suppose at 85 I'll be doing them for PVP gear on my druid since I intend to keep my PVP off-spec for it unless that nerf for druid actually goes life as in 4.0.6 D:.

How is arena these days? Asking as I stopped doing it[and PVP in general] on my pally since the 4.0 patch, and my druid isn't high enough for it yet so quite unaware of what it's like at 85.
Everytime I do arenas I always see a Hunter/Mage/or Shammy in every single group so they can use Bloodlust... Really hard to take on especially with the hard-hitting partners they have with a Death Knight and Druid combination.
Old 2011-01-17, 20:03   Link #6934
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Everytime I do arenas I always see a Hunter/Mage/or Shammy in every single group so they can use Bloodlust... Really hard to take on especially with the hard-hitting partners they have with a Death Knight and Druid combination.
Ah, good thing they're removing the ability to use it arena with 4.0.6 then .
MAL
Old 2011-01-17, 20:06   Link #6935
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Ah, good thing they're removing the ability to use it arena with 4.0.6 then .
Yes!!! I'll be relieved when the patch eventually comes out
Old 2011-01-18, 13:24   Link #6936
Xacual

Finally got to do some light raiding this expansion. My current small guild of friends grouped up with a slightly bigger guild I think, not sure on that with one pugged person killed Magmaw last night. Took us about an hour. My only complaint seemed to be the Pillar of Flame, someone in the raid said it targeted the person furthest away and this was true about 90% of the time except sometimes it landed in the raid which by the kill attempt wasn't wiping us because we just adjusted and kept going but I just thought it seemed weird. Some strats say it targets a random raid member but we were still having it pretty successfully always on the furthest target, was it just good luck?

Old 2011-01-19, 04:19   Link #6937
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Sigh I had a good yet bad day in wow, first left my old guild due leader and few other people I really liked from the guild moving servers which I respect but sucks at the same time D:.

On the other hand I joined a another raiding guild that I had done some HC in the past with and my friend had downed LK with them, so I decided to join their guild, and I was invited to do Throne of the Four Winds of them, and after about 6 or 7 attempts failing due to some problem or another we actually managed to down the first boss, it's really a rather unique fight with how you have to have the raid split and move around during the fight defeat all three of them was an actually fairly fun fight for a healer anyways , and we're planning to try the 2nd/last boss of it tomorrow.
MAL
Old 2011-01-19, 18:56   Link #6938
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Sigh I had a good yet bad day in wow, first left my old guild due leader and few other people I really liked from the guild moving servers which I respect but sucks at the same time D:.

On the other hand I joined a another raiding guild that I had done some HC in the past with and my friend had downed LK with them, so I decided to join their guild, and I was invited to do Throne of the Four Winds of them, and after about 6 or 7 attempts failing due to some problem or another we actually managed to down the first boss, it's really a rather unique fight with how you have to have the raid split and move around during the fight defeat all three of them was an actually fairly fun fight for a healer anyways , and we're planning to try the 2nd/last boss of it tomorrow.
It's said the Council of Four Winds is 4th on the list of one of the easiest bosses in Cataclysm. But Al'Akir himself is on the 7th place on the list, such a huge gap between them But good luck with Al'Akir! His mechanics are certainly very interesting. Especially during phase 2

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-01-19 at 20:37.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 20:34   Link #6939
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Funny, the same thing happens to me. Alliance because I dislike them and Horde because almost all players are bad in Battlegrounds. In my server alliance wins almost everything, especially AV.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 02:30   Link #6940
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
It's said the Council of Four Winds is 4th on the list of one of the easiest bosses in Cataclysm. But Al'Akir himself is on the 7th place on the list, such a huge gap between them But good luck with Al'Akir! His mechanics are certainly very interesting. Especially during phase 2
Council is a very easy fight, doesn't get much more simple than that - once people give it a few tries and figure out when to jump and how to avoid wind blast's on the wind guy, it's a walk in the park. Al'akir can be pretty messy though ... i like the fight personally, but many from my guild seem to hate it. It's fun!

On another note, guild killed Halfuc Heroic yesterday ... figures it would be the day i was not present Took one evening of pulls, faster than i expected ...heroic Chimaeron should be next.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows