AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 19:10   Link #2941
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

At this point I'd be satisfied with a GN Drive count.
Old 2011-04-11, 22:41   Link #2942
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
00V Senki Mission 16 "Silent Attacker"

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Some more info on the story.

-EF is now more tolerant of those who are against it and hope to resolve the differences through dialogue.

-CB only intervene when veda judge that the government cannot deal with the problem.

-At the time of the story there was no plan to deploy GRM.

-The target is a military facility in Africa. On the surface it is a broadcasting facility of a civilian enterprise, but is actually an energy facility capable of receiving microwave. The group that build it is using it to build up its military capability.

-The government did not notice the group’s existence. Even if they did, they are reluctant to carry out any actions that encroach upon the area’s autonomy. Negotiation will take too long to settle the problem.

-Arios Ascalon’s balance issue has been resolved to a certain degree. Even if arios is repaired, it is so badly damaged that its basic performance is now lower.

-To conceal its identity, transformation to ms is avoided as much as possible. To avoid detection, low-altitude flying and optical camouflage similar to those of ptolemy are used.

-The antenna tower of the facility is cut, thus giving the government an excuse to check the facility.
Old 2011-04-19, 19:42   Link #2943
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

1)From 00P Chapter 19 Escaper :

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
It is basically Lockon's report to Ian.

-6 GN beam pistols on the GN full shield are Lockon's preferred load out for CQC. Testing the load out involved using full shield to defend from incoming enemies while shooting them.

-Ian is currently trying to get a balance between lightening the full shield and power consumption of the GN field on the shield’s surface.

-Beam particles will damage the gun’s body to a certain degree, limiting continuous usage. In theory, 6 pistols should be able to destroy 120 MS.

-As the test results are great, Lockon asked Ian to remove the beam sabers but was rejected. His reason is that they are already equipped and will not hinder any movement. There may also be situation where sabers are required.

-Lockon accepts the last point. He still prefers not to use them and he bet with Ian that he will not use them. (Well, he lost that bet)

-Lockon also suggested the development of new weapon, a gun that can block sabers, allowing counterattack with the gun.

-Lockon feels that taking back the spent and unusable pistols are a burden in battles. He hopes that the problem can be solved soon and jokingly suggested the development of anti-gravity equipment. (Seems that the pistol is a one-time use weapon)
The biggest new info I can see appears to be the fact that the GN Pistol actually has limited shots/usage before it becomes unusable (due to damage to the inner working as it says). That explains why Lockon would prefer so many pistols in a CQC loadout like the one presented above, since each has limited usage.

I wonder whether limited usage thing is only limited to the GN Pistols? I'm guessing they take a lot of strain because they're very small in design.

=========================

2)From 00P Chapter 4 Gundam Plutone :

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Not sure if this has been posted before in other sections, but the caption no.3 under the GN Capacitor(in 2nd row, 1st pic,), states that before the use of GN capacitor on plutone, there was a plan to use twin drives system. As synchronising the drives was difficult, it was judged then that such system was impossible and the development was halted.
The pic he's referring to is this one.

In any case it, it appears that the CB engineers have thought about a Twin Drive System concept even before Aeolia's theory system was released to them but they give it up because it seems extremely hard or impossible for it to work. They likely grasped some if not all the base concepts but was never able to create a system that can do what said concept needed to do properly. Aeolia's system likely was good enough to make the concept work unlike this one.

The story takes place more than a decade before Aeolia's system was released. Even in real life S2 has not arrived yet when this chapter came out, so its probably the first mention of the Twin Drive System in the 00 series.
Old 2011-04-19, 20:07   Link #2944
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Beam particles will damage the gun’s body to a certain degree, limiting continuous usage. In theory, 6 pistols should be able to destroy 120 MS.
That means that, in theory, 1 pistol can destroy 20 MS.
Old 2011-04-19, 20:16   Link #2945
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Well, 20 MS in total before it becomes unusable. Not at once of course.

And I think its important to note that GNMS were not common at this time so I believe it refers to normal MS.
Old 2011-04-19, 20:38   Link #2946
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Well, 20 MS in total before it becomes unusable. Not at once of course.
That's still a lot.

Quote:
And I think its important to note that GNMS were not common at this time so I believe it refers to normal MS.
Well, considering we're talking about Dynames, I think conventional MS were implied.
Old 2011-04-19, 20:57   Link #2947
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Its a lot of course but considering previously I'd thought it would not run out at all in the same battle, I'd thought its a bit of a downgrade. Still, nice to learn something new about our old friend.

Also makes me wonder about the limitation of other beam weapons, and even the GN Pistol II.
Old 2011-04-19, 21:02   Link #2948
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Also makes me wonder about the limitation of other beam weapons, and even the GN Pistol II.
I was wondering about that too. I was especially wondering about Vitrue's GN Bazooka, and whether it can only handle a few shots before the beam tears up the... can't really call that a barrel. Maybe there was a lot of maintenance and repairs on Virtue's Bazooka that we didn't see? Same with its GN Cannons.
Old 2011-04-19, 21:09   Link #2949
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, it explains why we saw the Dynames with a crapton of GN-Pistols that entry. I remember how most of us complained about it...
Old 2011-04-19, 21:14   Link #2950
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

GN tech has certainly come a long way since the Dynames days...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 21:17   Link #2951
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
GN tech has certainly come a long way since the Dynames days...
Tell me about it... How many shots did we see each of Zabanya's Rifle Bits II fire in one battle? Thousands?
Old 2011-04-20, 02:41   Link #2952
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Its possible that the GN Pistol types are the exception rather than the rule because they're so small and possibly made cheaply. I mean, its possible that they were made to be disposable in the first place and made with a low cost design in mind. The other GN weapons may be much more tolerable and be designed for higher re-usage and are designed to be used repeatedly, thus are more tolerable and are actually repaired whenever possible and can last long enough so that they're not so limited in battle/shots. Kind of like disposable razors and and normal razors. Not to say they don't wear out but maybe they do not wear out as fast.

In addition, its possible that other weapons just require certain part swaps while keeping most mechanism intact (the part that is damaged could be minimal) while the pistols were designed to be almost all-disposable (hence going back to my low cost plus disposable razor analogy). Other weapons may still suffer performance drops after some longer usage without maintenance while the pistols were just suppose to vanish.

In any case, we may now have a decent reason on why SAGA and GNHW-R has more than just a pair of pistols now.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-04-20 at 03:39.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 12:48   Link #2953
Blazer-X

Quote:
-Lockon feels that taking back the spent and unusable pistols are a burden in battles. He hopes that the problem can be solved soon and jokingly suggested the development of anti-gravity equipment. (Seems that the pistol is a one-time use weapon)
Is it just me or does this seems to hint at the development of shield bits? Anti-gravity "pistols" that just moves and fires on their own.....
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 15:48   Link #2954
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Is it just me or does this seems to hint at the development of shield bits? Anti-gravity "pistols" that just moves and fires on their own.....
*sigh*

Shield Bits aren't anti-gravity. They use GN Particle-based propulsion like everything else.
Old 2011-04-20, 17:27   Link #2955
Blazer-X

But GN Particle propulsion is more or less anti-gravity as far as what they let the bits do. And I didn't mean it as Shield Bits being anti-gravity equipments. I just meant the concept of a system that allows the guns to move on their own.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 17:32   Link #2956
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
But GN Particle propulsion is more or less anti-gravity as far as what they let the bits do. And I didn't mean it as Shield Bits being anti-gravity equipments.
How is it anti-gravity? If it was anti-gravity, they wouldn't work nearly as well in space.

Quote:
I just meant the concept of a system that allows the guns to move on their own.
Which was realized long before that with the Sefer Raziel.
Old 2011-04-20, 18:40   Link #2957
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
How is it anti-gravity? If it was anti-gravity, they wouldn't work nearly as well in space.

Which was realized long before that with the Sefer Raziel.
Sefer Rasiel's bits, however, weren't really compact. Also I think we should keep in mind that "anti-gravity" is just a simplified term for our benefit, since GN-Particles do give a Gundam an anti-gravity-like appearance, since no one else understood GN-Particle propulsion when the Gundams were publicly displayed.

So the "anti-gravity equipment" remark very likely was foreshadowing for the Shield Bits, Rifle Bits, and Holster Bits.
Old 2011-04-20, 20:24   Link #2958
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Yea, it does seem to forshadow the future Bits in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
*sigh*

Shield Bits aren't anti-gravity. They use GN Particle-based propulsion like everything else.
Everything in a GNMS is sort of anti gravity since they can pretty much be lightened up and when maximized simply floats within a gravitational environment. Gundams for examples are anti gravity; something that they use to full extent on Earth and yet they still use propulsion everywhere because they still need that to move properly regardless of where they are.

But I agree with RD. It seems to just mean floating weapons in this context.

CORRECTION OF THE CHAPTER POSTING:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
Oops.. looks like i translated the last part wrongly. The last point has been edited and i take back that one time use comment.

The caption below the pic showing dynames in hangar, comments that including this loadout to the normal one(rife + 2 pistols), you get a 9 gun dynames.

This is the corrected line, its the last point from the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
-Lockon feels that taking back the burnout pistols due to overuse are a burden in battles. He hopes that the problem can be solved soon and jokingly suggested the development of anti-gravity equipment.
In any case, I'm guessing the problem is already solved by the time Dynames goes into battle for real. Lockon does say here that he hopes the problem will be solved and I'm guessing the fact that only a pair is carried at all times suggests that it is since the 3 extra pairs carry very little liability to the suit.

And hence explains why so many weapons get to use so much beam in the future............the world feels right again.
Old 2011-04-20, 20:34   Link #2959
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

You know, I've had a bad day, so I'm just going to remove my subscriptions to these threads for now so I don't completely loose it over something that, in the grand scheme of things, has no damn relevance at all.
Old 2011-04-22, 14:03   Link #2960
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And E08 returns with more translations, this time on 00N. This one covers the ELS, and answers a lot of questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
-ELS share their memories with humans (innovators) using QBW.

-After they left their planet, they went to find other planets similar to theirs. During their travels, they sense other QBW. This tells them that other intelligence life forms exist.

-They eagerly get into contact with these other QBW using life form. They were surprised that so many different life forms exist outside their planet. (The chinese translation seems to miss out 1 line. I think it says that ELS fuse with these new QBW using life forms and gain their knowledge)

-They also discovered other life forms that cannot use QBW. It is no coincidence that ELS reach Jupiter. Jupiter is a gaseous planet similar to theirs.

-After their discovery of Jupiter, they sent an advanced/scouting party. This party then sense QBW from earth. Once the large ELS receive this info, it quantum teleported into Jupiter and exit from the red spot.

-Main aim of ELS is to fuse with new life forms. During the battle, ELS is just mimicking what humans are doing. Not just the looks of weapons but also how they react (e.g. fighting back when attack) (A similar point is mentioned in the previous ELS 00N chapter)

-One reason for the misunderstanding is that the single conscious ELS are not bothered by the loss of individuals unlike humans. In the end, ELS understands (due to the dialogue) that humans are very different from the life forms they have met thus far and choose to co-exist.

-Everlasting peace is achieved after innovators become the majority on earth.
-Sakibure no.1 is piloted by Leonardo. This unit quantum teleported before the launch of Sumeragi, and discovered new life form in a region of space that human has not gone to yet. This data is transferred back and that planet becomes Sumeragi’s first destination.

-The fact that the space ship is named “Sumeragi”, shows the change in view towards CB and their gundams

-There is currently little info on ELS 00Q. It is a coincidence that Setsuna return on the same day that Sumeragi launches.

-As Sakibure is not built for combat, it is classified as a work loader. Due to its high performance, may people regard it as MS. Its engine is a newly developed GN drive.

-Basic unit is controlled by humans with ELS located at the head. They are also units that allow both to co-pilot and those that are piloted by ELS only.

-Containers at the arm are to keep work tools. It can also be adapted for different kind of work. Sumeragi is also equipped with a low cost variant. It has a GN condenser instead and is mainly use for work around earth.

-Production Report --- 00N compilation will have more info on ELS 00Q. The design of sakibure is base on gundam(the 3 main colours and GN drive at the back) . It can be considered the final form of gundam, symbolising hope.
Kinda reinforces the "idiot savant" aspect of the ELS

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote