AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-05-29, 19:26   Link #1201
ichobi

I jizzed my pants..... That pilot in the mask, it reads 05 on his chest. So I assume that Spider-like unit is the 05. I hope they show unit 04 and how/why it's gone haywire and boom ba da boom too.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 20:33   Link #1202
Namakemono-chan
Teh Psycho Chibi

Location: In my dark and crowded closet, slaving away on Photoshop by the dim light of my computer screen
*reads casting*

Yay, the casting for the main characters are the same (save for Rei). Rei never really talked much so I don't care about her voice as much. Tiffany Grant will probably come back as Asuka in the next one so I'm not worried there, either.

And the voice of Riza Hawkeye as Ritsuko is pretty good. I can see it working.

The boxset for You Are (Not) Alone is so shiny!! I hope that they get released in America all together after the fourth's release. I really don't want to buy them all separately (it gets expensive!!).
Namakemono-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:42   Link #1203
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Yeah, my blu ray came yesterday! It's even better than it looked in the pictures, i hope funimation do the same with the english release, cause that box is damn amazing.

There's a couple of other things and promos that no one posted yet, i don't have scanner, so my cam will have to do it:

Spoiler:

Mari and Asuka

Spoiler:

Some information about the Nerv cellphone and the sneakers

Spoiler:

In one side, Rei, in the other, Shinji.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:29   Link #1204
Vicious108

Shinji and Rei look like Persona characters there...
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 18:55   Link #1205
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's YS. To date, I have yet to see an artist whose work visually entertained and moved me as much as his pieces. Not the manga, mind you, just his "snapshots" art.
Old 2009-06-06, 08:40   Link #1206
Vicious108

Yeah, his character designs are probably my overall favorites in anime. Loved his work in The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
Old 2009-06-06, 15:41   Link #1207
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Shinji and Rei look like Persona characters there...
Well, that's Sadamoto, hehe. I think he's my favorite manga artist. His characters are full of life, he really knows how to show emotions and i think this is the most important thing.

And Shinji and Rei in Persona would be awesome. Ah, that Rei was the cover of the japanese dvd.
Old 2009-06-09, 21:21   Link #1208
lubczyk

Evangelion 1.01 and 1.11?

I know that Evangelion Rebuild is a 4 part movie series being released in Japan and North America at some time. Thing is, I know that the first part is officially titles Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 - You are (Not) Alone. I've also seen the film be called 1.01 and 1.11. Are these both the same film? I've heard that there are differences between 1.01 and 1.11. Anyone know what they are and if so, which version(s) are coming to Region 1?
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 21:33   Link #1209
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, there's already topic of the rebuild of Evangelion in this board:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34958

Either way, the 1.11 got two minutes of new scenes, but it's nothing big, just Misato getting lost in the nerv and Ritsuko shows and helps her and Shinji. It also got a better quality comparing to the 1.01, and that's it. Since they already released both versions in Japan, Funimation probably will stick with the newer version, the 1.11 for the american release.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:14   Link #1210
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post

Either way, the 1.11 got two minutes of new scenes, but it's nothing big, just Misato getting lost in the nerv and Ritsuko shows and helps her and Shinji. It also got a better quality comparing to the 1.01, and that's it. Since they already released both versions in Japan, Funimation probably will stick with the newer version, the 1.11 for the american release.

Thanks for the info. BTW, I used the Animesuki search feature and nothing helpful like your result came up.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:26   Link #1211
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:

Actually it hasn't been verified by FUNi yet which version they have.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:30   Link #1212
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Actually it hasn't been verified by FUNi yet which version they have.
Well, i said "probably" not "for certain", hehe. I guess they're going to go with the 1.11, cause the 1.01 got a real bad quality. It's easier to just get the better version than to do the whol treatment in the 1.01 one. But i guess we're only going to know when funi release their version.
Old 2009-06-10, 11:11   Link #1213
lubczyk

Quote:
Well, i said "probably" not "for certain", hehe. I guess they're going to go with the 1.11, cause the 1.01 got a real bad quality. It's easier to just get the better version than to do the whol treatment in the 1.01 one. But i guess we're only going to know when funi release their version.
I don't understand why they had to remaster the original 1.01 in the first place. I mean, 1.01 came out last year. How do you make a bad master in this day and age?

Then again, this is Gainax, the company that went ahead and made like 2 different endings for the anime along with making "Director's Cut" versions of the original Evangelion 21 - 24 for whatever reason, not to mention the whole Death and Rebirth/End of Evangelion fiasco.

Hope they will not release .11 versions of all the remaining movies.
Old 2009-06-10, 15:21   Link #1214
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Basically, the 1.01 was encoded from the film but 1.11 was created by processing the master digital data, the results? See for yourself:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/0...ly-remastered/

And i watched the blu ray already. It's a whole new level.
Old 2009-06-12, 07:49   Link #1215
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Old 2009-06-12, 10:02   Link #1216
Kirbyeggs
Even in Death I Serve

The first one was very good in my opinion, ITs just an amazing remake with lots of changes. So like a re-imagining i guess.
Spoiler for lulz:

Cannot wait for the second one!
Old 2009-06-13, 16:22   Link #1217
konart

http://tinyurl.com/krgl5p

3rd trailer for you. guys) LQ
konart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 18:24   Link #1218
Vicious108

Looks awesome as usual, can't wait for the direct feed.

Mari's expression at 0:21 is pretty interesting and makes me wonder what her character really will be like.
Old 2009-06-13, 20:52   Link #1219
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbyeggs View Post
The first one was very good in my opinion, ITs just an amazing remake with lots of changes. So like a re-imagining i guess.
Spoiler for lulz:

Cannot wait for the second one!
Yeah, i watched the movie again these days after the blu ray came and that's when the movie really turn into great stuff. The whole battle with Ramiel is very exciting and i love when Shinji turn into rambo at the end to shoot the angel the second time, hehe.
Old 2009-06-18, 21:12   Link #1220
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Hey, at the new young ace, there's a couple of images about the rebuild, mostly old ones, but there's a couple of ones about the Mari's suit. It's really nice: http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/ya/image/ya03.pdf

Tags
movie, remake