AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-01, 10:45   Link #18061
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keahi19 View Post
Uhh I am curious if this is the place that the Kyonko idea originated. I've been searching for it for a little bit and was just wondering if the origin was found or not. Or if it's somewhere else.
This would be the original spawning point of the English fandom, but the very beginning took place on Nico Nico. Although we seem to have made quite a bit of progress ever since we started. How much has the Japanese fandom created so far?
Old 2009-08-01, 14:06   Link #18062
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
This would be the original spawning point of the English fandom, but the very beginning took place on Nico Nico. Although we seem to have made quite a bit of progress ever since we started. How much has the Japanese fandom created so far?
Bunch of Doujins, for one. Enough to KyoAni to notice.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 14:34   Link #18063
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
In the 3 weeks i was gone, what the hell happened? Just brief me.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 14:44   Link #18064
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Endless 8 still hasn't ended

People are still pissed

Haruhi still has a nice ass

Everything is still pretty much the same.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 15:10   Link #18065
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
how about in regards to the VN?

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 15:11   Link #18066
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
how about in regards to the VN?
Check CanadaAotS' archive, which is linked to from the first post, and the past couple pages.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 19:09   Link #18067
Fandal

Is there a story out there about Kyon turning into a girl in the regular Haruhi world? What would Haruhi do to Kyon when she finds the female Kyon?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 19:10   Link #18068
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Plenty of doujins that do that. We dislike such stories. Magical genderbending is boring.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 19:12   Link #18069
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Plenty of doujins that do that. We dislike such stories. Magical genderbending is boring.
And otaku stench. We try to avoid that here.
Old 2009-08-01, 19:42   Link #18070
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Quote:
We?

It can be done poorly, it can be done well, and while I do prefer the fully-swapped universe idea, I don't dislike the other stories simply based on that.
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 19:44   Link #18071
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Sorry to lump you in with a crowd then.

However I find that idea overdone and unoriginal, and many times executed terribly. That's my gripe.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 21:12   Link #18072
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
However I find that idea overdone and unoriginal, and many times executed terribly. That's my gripe.
It'd be a decent idea if it was played for more angst on Kyon's part, is all I'm saying.

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe 1: Cat and Mouse:

Welp, that was fun.

Umineko either had an adverse effect on this project or a good one. I honestly can't tell which.

This took a long time to write. I hope you enjoy it at least a little.

I do think it needs refinement though.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-08-07 at 16:22.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:00   Link #18073
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It'd be a decent idea if it was played for more angst on Kyon's part, is all I'm saying.

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Universe 1: Cat and Mouse:

Welp, that was fun.

Umineko either had an adverse effect on this project or a good one. I honestly can't tell which.

This took a long time to write. I hope you enjoy it at least a little.

I do think it needs refinement though.
Cool. This scene is just cool.

However there are few that just bug me.

How the hell no one notice Yuuki breaking the reality? Like turning a pool into ice and run straigth windows. There were no one seing it? Why Kyon didn't notice his enemy is far from normal? If he does (it is Nagato who is porsuing it after all), why he didn't ask she what they are ("evil aliens again?").

"Data Overmind" make my eyes screen in pain. Can't we use the other official version? (the anime and manga version are different right?). Well, I guess this is up to your personal preferences.

Why Yuki don't use her reality broke powers to stop then?

And most important: How the hell we are going to show it on screen? I guess Canada will have troble trying to figure it.

It is a cool scene anyway. The stroked words where funny. Also was Kyon geting exited with the 'game'.

Ah, the girl at cafeteria was Haruhi? I first thought it was Mikuru but being in cafeteria it must be Haruhi.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 22:08   Link #18074
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

What, no comments on the sheer insanity of the last bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
How the hell no one notice Yuuki breaking the reality? Like turning a pool into ice and run straigth windows. There were no one seing it? Why Kyon didn't notice his enemy is far from normal? If he does (it is Nagato who is porsuing it after all), why he didn't ask she what they are ("evil aliens again?").
Kyon never quite sees what Yuuki does, for starters, and wait for the next scene, he'll definitely ask Yuki what the hell just happened.

As for people seeing stuff... just wait. Suffice to say Haruhi's going to be rather excited.

Quote:
"Data Overmind" make my eyes screen in pain. Can't we use the other official version? (the anime and manga version are different right?). Well, I guess this is up to your personal preferences.
No, I want to conform to the official novel localization as much as possible. Except I refuse to use "Celestials" instead of "Avatars" for the Shinjin. "Avatars" make sense if you consider what they are. "Celestials" does not.

Quote:
Why Yuki don't use her reality broke powers to stop then?
Doesn't want to attract attention to herself. If someone saw her use special powers, it might get back to Haruhi, and...

Yuuki doesn't care simply because this isn't his universe. There's more to it than that, too, as suggested by one of his lines.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:14   Link #18075
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
The last part was pure gold. Maybe it's just because I'm marathoning Higurashi right now, but I loved it.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:23   Link #18076
Heatth

Quote:
What, no comments on the sheer insanity of the last bit?
I have gived up trying to understand the greentext. So my brain subconsciously ignore this kind of information.

Quote:
Kyon never quite sees what Yuuki does, for starters, and wait for the next scene, he'll definitely ask Yuki what the hell just happened.

As for people seeing stuff... just wait. Suffice to say Haruhi's going to be rather excited.
Oh, I see, next episodes are going to be interesting then. (are they going to appear 'today'? )

Quote:
No, I want to conform to the official novel localization as much as possible. Except I refuse to use "Celestials" instead of "Avatars" for the Shinjin. "Avatars" make sense if you consider what they are. "Celestials" does not.
But... Data Overmind is just as stupid as Celestials... *sighs* Well, I guess there is nothing to do about it then.

Quote:
Doesn't want to attract attention to herself. If someone saw her use special powers, it might get back to Haruhi, and...

Yuuki doesn't care simply because this isn't his universe. There's more to it than that, too, as suggested by one of his lines.
What a jerk this Yuuki! Well, I guess it make sense. But how conserned is she about the itruders? It is just because Yuuki is conected with the, ugh, Data Ovemind? (he shouldn't, after all) Where was Kimidori then?
Old 2009-08-01, 22:29   Link #18077
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
But... Data Overmind is just as stupid as Celestials... *sighs* Well, I guess there is nothing to do about it then.
"Data Overmind" is less to type. Plus, "Avatars" makes sense. They're avatars of Haruhi, aren't they? "Celestials" doesn't seem as related and it sounds dumber.

"Avatars" is also less to type. I'm sure that at some point, the time saved by these choices will be valued.

At some point.
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 22:39   Link #18078
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It is just because Yuuki is conected with the, ugh, Data Ovemind? (he shouldn't, after all) Where was Kimidori then?
Kimidori isn't important until March of the next year, or, in this VN, until the alien route.

Don't ask.

Quote:
Oh, I see, next episodes are going to be interesting then. (are they going to appear 'today'? )
No, I'm tired from typing that out. =P

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
At some point.
...You're playing Saya no Uta.

Interesting.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:45   Link #18079
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername View Post
"Data Overmind" is less to type. Plus, "Avatars" makes sense. They're avatars of Haruhi, aren't they? "Celestials" doesn't seem as related and it sounds dumber.

"Avatars" is also less to type. I'm sure that at some point, the time saved by these choices will be valued.

At some point.
The fact that is less to type is why is dumb. The original name (情報統合思念体) have 7 kanjis, much more then a normal name has. It is supposed to be hard to say/write. That's why an abreviation is just plain stupid. If it was a simple name in japanese that becomes complex in english it would be understandble. But it is not.

However, I understand Kaisos wanting to stay faithfull to the book. I believe that the translation for the anime or manga could work. But is just because I am more used ot it. I didn't read the official novel translation nor have the intention to (if only they translate it to potuguese...). Anyway, it is how Kaisos think it is better, no point discussing it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
Kimidori isn't important until March of the next year, or, in this VN, until the alien route.

Don't ask.
She have already appeared by the time of this game. And she never really becomes important. Anyway, I am not asking anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos
No, I'm tired from typing that out. =P
Too sad.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-08-01 at 23:03.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:56   Link #18080
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
However, I understand Kaisos wanting to stay faithfull to the book. I believe that the translation for the anime or manga could work. But is just because I am more used ot it. I didn't read the official novel translation nor have the intention to (if only they translate it to potuguese...). Anyway, it is how Kaisos think it is better, nor point discussing it here.
Forgot about how you wouldn't have been used to the official English translation's terms.

It's a shame that there hasn't been an official translation in any other language. I kind of doubt there ever will be, though. Baka-Tsuki also doesn't seem to have too much translated in Portuguese, along with all the other languages there...

Quote:
...You're playing Saya no Uta.

Interesting.
I played it a while ago. How is that interesting?
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan