AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 07:33   Link #2101
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sorry to break it to you guys, but assuming she's got all that current coursing through her armour, the magnetic flow of the several created fields would create major disturbance to her mind :P
Btw it takes over 35mA to inflict potentially fatal damage to a person.
Kafriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 14:44   Link #2102
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 46 was great, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Erza outfit was pretty cool. It was cool seeing what mystogan could do, that was quite revelation with him that left a few questions.

Episode 47, was awesome too, yeah it did remind me of Dragonball Z at one point there.
Old 2010-09-27, 06:41   Link #2103
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Episode 48:
Old 2010-09-27, 07:00   Link #2104
Clarste
Human

Spoiler for 48:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 08:19   Link #2105
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 48:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 08:45   Link #2106
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
Spoiler for 48:
Spoiler for that girl:
Old 2010-09-27, 09:46   Link #2107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep48:
Old 2010-09-27, 10:47   Link #2108
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
A couple of days ago, I was looking for a good anime to watch. I have a "want to watch" list on anime-planet, so randomly picked this one, even though it wasn't finished. And boy, am I ever glad I did; it's quite for me to find a shonen series done well these days, as most consist of male-dominated grunting, duel-after-duel, and power-up training... and little else. And frequently, only the main hero is capable of doing anything.

I find Fairy Tail mixes a nice blend of humor, fighting, plot, emotional moments, and good ole nekama. And one of my most important pet peeves: good mixes of males AND females. Frequently, a series is mostly one or the other, and for shonen, it's usually males. It's good to see females kicking just as much butt, and having their own moments of awesomeness. It's not just about gender equality, but good story-telling.

My only beef was with the stock footage, which shonen is known for. Fairy Tail made use of quite a bit of the repeated stuff (Ezra's transformation), especially early on, but it seems to be dropping that as time goes by. And most of it is a bit short, so it's a not full complaint; just the only real negative I could see.

So, all in all, definitely going on my "watching" list, now that I've marathoned the last 48 episodes, heh.

Spoiler for Ep 48 and Wild Mass Guessing:

Anyway, for those familiar with the manga, if I wanted to continue reading from where the anime left off, which volume and chapter should I start at? Feel free to PM or VM me with suggestions, as well as any previous manga bits you feel might be worth reading (either stuff left out, or things that you think were more awesome in the manga than anime).
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:00   Link #2109
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Actually the 2nd season was announced at Mariya Ise's blog but I only read the detail at wiki so I'm not entirely sure how accurate this is.

Quote:
The anime adaptation premiered on October 12, 2009. It is co-produced between A-1 Pictures and Satelight.[1] From episode 1 through 11, the opening theme song is "Snow Fairy", performed by Funkist, while the ending theme song, "Kanpekigu-no ne", is performed by Watari Roka Hashiritai. The opening theme for episodes 12 through 24 is "S.O.W (Sense of Wonder)", performed by Idoling!!! and the ending theme is "Tsuioku Merry-Go-Round", performed by Onelifecrew. From episode 25 to 35, the opening theme was "Ft.", performed by Funkist, while the ending theme was "Gomen ne Watashi", performed by Shiho Nanba. Also, the most recent opening theme song was shown in episode 36 being "R.P.G. ~Rockin' Playing Game" by SuG as the 4th opening to the series. "Kimi ga Iru Kara" performed by Mikuni Shimokawa also premiered on episode 36 as the 4th ending. Season 1 of Fairy Tail will conclude on September 27th, 2010. While a second season revealed by Mariya Ise on her blog will premier in October. Initially, the anime was supposed to last one season, but the series's massive popularity overturned this idea and thus it has continued. Also a new opening and ending was revealed with "Egao No Mahou" by Magic Party as the 5th opening to the series, and with "HOLY SHINE" by Daisy X Daisy as the 5th ending.[4] The series currently has 48 episodes officially aired.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:28   Link #2110
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 48:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Anyway, for those familiar with the manga, if I wanted to continue reading from where the anime left off, which volume and chapter should I start at? Feel free to PM or VM me with suggestions, as well as any previous manga bits you feel might be worth reading (either stuff left out, or things that you think were more awesome in the manga than anime).
Last half of this weeks episode was from chapter 128, which is in volume 16, so if you wanted to start reading the manga then you'd go after that. As for what you should do, it's all upto you. I mean you could start reading the manga from where i just said upto where it's at now (chapter 202), or just read from the beginning. There's also the option of not reading the manga, and waiting to see when the adaptation ends, and do it then. All upto you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
Actually the 2nd season was announced at Mariya Ise's blog
& then it was officially announced in Weekly Shonen Magazine.
Old 2010-09-27, 11:48   Link #2111
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Chapter 129 is where you'd pick up if you wanted to start reading the manga. Though to might want to start from chapter 100. The anime has been pretty faithful to the manga, though they had to omit some minor earlier foreshadowing, and censor things for broadcast. Still, the main changes and omissions don't occur until chapter 100 after which they move around and omit a few things due to the series being originally planned to end with 48.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 11:57   Link #2112
amjzz

Episode 48 was great.

Noticed they added characters from almost all the arcs in the fantasia part:

-The pirates of the ep 1.
-Gray friends of the deliora arc.
-Erza friends from the tower of paradise arc.

Wendy was there?. It wouldn't surprise me.

It seems they are going to use as filler the bonus chapters of the manga, the next episode is a filler that happens at the end of the next arc and also, may create a plothole in the anime.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 12:02   Link #2113
Bern-san

Spoiler for 48:

although i didn't like how they animated gajeel and master's scene as well as they didn't show important things to the scenes that they decided to show later

Last edited by Bern-san; 2010-09-27 at 12:15.
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 12:13   Link #2114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
they didn't show important things to the scenes that they decided to show later:
You have to remember that this episode was created before the staff found out about the second season, so it's understandable that such scenes didn't make it into this episode. They might at a later date, so you better edit your post because it contains manga spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
It seems they are going to use as filler the bonus chapters of the manga, the next episode is a filler that happens at the end of the next arc and also, may create a plothole in the anime.
Ah yeah i remember it now. Hope they solve the plot hole business that could happen.
Old 2010-09-27, 12:17   Link #2115
Bern-san

ok, edited^^

one thing, do we have information about more seiyuus of second year? (like I)

PS: love your paradise kiss sig shiroth
Old 2010-09-27, 12:44   Link #2116
Slayerx

Spoiler for 48:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep48:
Well you do have to remember that Evergreen's threat was just a bluff...
Hence Erza's comment, "THAT's how you make a bluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 48:
The reporter they are talking about likely comes from the chapters BEFORE this arc... something they cut out for some reason... we may get to see a little next episode afterall

however, it seems like that will only be part of the episode as they also seem to be adapting one of the omakes
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 14:00   Link #2117
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

they added most of the missing events people were clamoring for, in this story arc. And in this, episode 48, they seem to have inserted 2 keys scenes that introduce future story arcs and the overarching storyline of the entire series.

It seems like they were edited in at the last moment. The episode totally felt like a series/season finale. We had cameos from characters from earlier story arcs.

Anyhow, episode 49 is based on an omake.

So... it looks this will keep on going. I wonder if the pace of the series will slow down.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 14:06   Link #2118
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I wonder if the pace of the series will slow down.
Seeing as how there's only two arcs until they've caught up with the manga (a new arc has just started), then it better had do. Sure the next upcoming arc is a long one, though that's not the point with this speedy adaptation. Then again slowing down might just destroy what makes this such a great adaptation.
Old 2010-09-27, 14:34   Link #2119
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seeing as how there's only two arcs until they've caught up with the manga (a new arc has just started), then it better had do. Sure the next upcoming arc is a long one, though that's not the point with this speedy adaptation. Then again slowing down might just destroy what makes this such a great adaptation.
Like i have said this will be the true test for Fairytail... to see if it will fall apart like other shonen series or if it actually manage to have some quality of it's own... some like Naruto screwed up with incredibly long and painfully written filler arcs, while others like one piece have their canon episodes plagued by SLOW pacing that drags out everything to a crawl... If Fairytail wasn't go down the same path, they will either need to insert enough filler in each episode so that the episodes don't drag like they often do in one piece, or bring on some writers with their OWN talent so that they can create entertaining filler episodes...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 14:39   Link #2120
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Episode 48 was great.

Noticed they added characters from almost all the arcs in the fantasia part:

-The pirates of the ep 1.
-Gray friends of the deliora arc.
-Erza friends from the tower of paradise arc.
Actually there were two versions of chapter 128. Volume 16 had a special edition that had a slightly expanded chapter, that included Gray and Erza's friends.

Quote:
May? They will unless they're very careful. Chronologically the special they're adapting takes place no where near the Festival arc, or the following arc. The fascinating thing is they're also adapting parts of the one chapter they skipped at the start of the arc. Though it should be noted that chronologically the Natsu and the Dragon's Egg special took place after the Tower of Paradise arc, and they did a fine job of adapting that one to be before the Phantom Lord arc.

Also makes me wonder if they plan on adapting the special that does fall chronologically between the Festival Arc, and the next arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
one thing, do we have information about more seiyuus of second year? (like I)
Nothing new since that ANN article that I know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Spoiler for 48:
Spoiler for 48:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
So... it looks this will keep on going. I wonder if the pace of the series will slow down.
They probably will. The series was going a lot slower before the late 30s. Presumably they picked up the pace in anticipation of ending at 48.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen