AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-02, 12:18   Link #41
Tevourious

Spoiler for Ooooh wow:
Old 2007-11-02, 12:30   Link #42
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

The yoki pills are supposed to only suppress the yoki. It doesn't make it completely fade.
So the yoki is there, but in a completely lessened amount, so faint that almost can't be sensed.

Galatea being able to manipulate it represents a great improvement on her sense, probably because of her blind condition.

Man, Yagi really doesn't disappoint.
Five months of waiting but a great chapter, and Galatea is so... WOW... I must control myself now.
Old 2007-11-02, 12:32   Link #43
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post
The yoki pills are supposed to only suppress the yoki. It doesn't make it completely fade.
So the yoki is there, but in a completely lessened amount, so faint that almost can't be sensed.

Galatea being able to manipulate it represents a great improvement on her sense, probably because of her blind condition.

Man, Yagi really doesn't disappoint.
Five months of waiting but a great chapter, and Galatea is so... WOW... I must control myself now.
Or Galatea's skills have grown to the point she can force Yoki out of it's supressed state, otherwise Miria's plan would not have worked in the Battle for Pieta. I prefer to believe her skill has grown that much, her blind condition has indeed improved her in ways I did not think possible.

Miata is pretty damn impressive too, she figured out what was going on after only a few blows.
Old 2007-11-02, 12:34   Link #44
BaalChaamon

What a frigging awesome chapter...I want the translation NOW

Galatea is the sexiest nun there is, handsdown and it looks like I was right assuming she can still manipulate Yoki despite Yoki suppression pills. I just hope things don't end bad...i cannot see the story progressing with Galatea simplying dying here. She still has something to give to Clare, much like Irene me thinks (withouth sharing her ...erm fate ).

I don't think Miata figured out whats going on , she reacts much like a frustrated kid with anger management issues and strikes with all her power.

Last edited by BaalChaamon; 2007-11-02 at 13:00.
Old 2007-11-02, 12:35   Link #45
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

That part where it shows the full face with the empty eye is sooo cooolll.. and pretty ..

And those leg ...

OK.. especially those legs
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-11-02, 12:45   Link #46
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Have to say a blind nun disguise is a perfect way to hide all the commonly known features of a Claymore.
Old 2007-11-02, 12:52   Link #47
Tevourious

Miata is so gonna awaken.... very similar situation as Priss vs Teresa, Shes angry, frustrated and out of control. I sense a near Teresa Caliber disaster brewing here.

Also, I think Raphaela may be in cahoots with Galatea... Just call it a hunch. I think they hooked up right after the stink Lucy died.
Old 2007-11-02, 12:58   Link #48
redmeat

The end of the anime version of Claymore was a dead giveaway that Galatea was hiding in a church, but I definitely didn't expect her to be blind
Old 2007-11-02, 12:59   Link #49
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Or Galatea's skills have grown to the point she can force Yoki out of it's supressed state, otherwise Miria's plan would not have worked in the Battle for Pieta. I prefer to believe her skill has grown that much, her blind condition has indeed improved her in ways I did not think possible.

Miata is pretty damn impressive too, she figured out what was going on after only a few blows.
Don't know if she really realized that, as we know, this technique seems to have the same weakness as usual: the inability to manipulate an attack with full power.
Miata could just have gone with all her strength.

Anyway, Galatea is the point here. Her ability to avoid the blows unarmed was really impressive.
It needs a really good reading of the hit to so skillfully, dodge it unarmed without taking into account that she is blind now.

We haven't seen a strength or speed improvement yet. But it's still possible.
And as usual, her yoki-increase pwns.

Now that Galatea was introduced in a so cool way, I can't see her dying in the next chapters.
It's against the shounen manga standards.

You can't introduce a freakin awesome character like this in one chapter, and right on the next chapters, kill it.

Anyway, I'm glad we come back to the main story now.

Galatea-sama... *go worship Galatea in my Galatea's shrine*

Last edited by Fate_Archer; 2007-11-02 at 13:10. Reason: "GARATEA POWAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Old 2007-11-02, 13:08   Link #50
Sassarai
Army of One

welp I tried to translate the last Galatea line a bit ~_~

kuso, moo sukoshi yatsu ni chikazuite kara to omottetan da ga

shoot! i thought [i could have done it? should do it?] after getting a little closer to her"

yay for begining japanese self studying.

She's in a jam but she'll pull through it unless miata unawakens.

First time seeing a raw manga. Im glad they translate all the kanji to hiragana.
Old 2007-11-02, 13:21   Link #51
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Don't know if she really realized that, as we know, this technique seems to have the same weakness as usual: the inability to manipulate an attack with full power.
Miata could just have gone with all her strength.
That is my point, I always said Miata would instinctually realize what was going on, she might not understand it at an intellectual level, but she does understand that if she focuses she can blow right past it.

Quote:
Anyway, Galatea is the point here. Her ability to avoid the blows unarmed was really impressive.
It needs a really good reading of the hit to so skillfully, dodge it unarmed without taking into account that she is blind now.
I think that is when the manipulation was taking place, she uses her new found abilities with Yoki-sensing and Yoki-manipulation to put her opponents attacks exactly where she wants them.

Quote:
We haven't seen a strength or speed improvement yet. But it's still possible.
And as usual, her yoki-increase pwns.
Yes, her Yoki-increase is as impressive as ever.

Quote:
Now that Galatea was introduced in a so cool way, I can't see her dying in the next chapters.
I don't think she will die either.

Quote:
You can't introduce a freakin awesome character like this in one chapter, and right on the next chapters, kill it.
Lol, maybe not the next chapter, but they did kill Flora pretty quickly after introducing her.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad we come back to the main story now.
Aren't we all

Quote:
Galatea-sama... *go worship Galatea in my Galatea's shrine*
Lol she will need your prayers from the looks of it.

-----------------

Not really sure how people are getting the impression Miata is reacting like Priscilla, their reactions are quite different really, Miata was immediatly trying to finish her task and did not hesitate at all, and only grew upset when Galatea' was manipulating her, then she releases her Yoki to counter Galatea's technique, and is now forcing Galatea on the defensive.

and if getting frustrated is a sign of awakening, Galatea looked pretty frustrated in the last panel too.

By the looks of it, Miata has not even gone 10% yet. We can't even tell with Galatea anymore

Its going to be one intense battle, but I sense alot of potential for interruption
Old 2007-11-02, 13:21   Link #52
Flar

I'm a bit disappointed, I'm not sure why. Maybe because except for the reappearance of the Rabona guys and Galatea's blindness, nothing unexpected happens, the chapter is basically Miata finding Galatea and starting to fight.

I like the art though, especially that frame:
Spoiler for Eyes:
Old 2007-11-02, 13:25   Link #53
Flar

Quote:
*cough* Flora *cough*
Old 2007-11-02, 13:26   Link #54
BaalChaamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
I'm a bit disappointed, I'm not sure why. Maybe because except for the reappearance of the Rabona guys and Galatea's blindness, nothing unexpected happens, the chapter is basically Miata finding Galatea and starting to fight.

I like the art though, especially that frame:
Spoiler for Eyes:
Me too
Old 2007-11-02, 13:28   Link #55
BaalChaamon

Quote:
*cough* Flora *cough*
Flora was simply introduced once and thats it no improvement nothing..Galatea had made couple of appearances and she is back stronger than ever...go play in kindergarden Miata

Now i need to listen to Kataritsugu koto to calm myself down...meh
Old 2007-11-02, 13:35   Link #56
zato_1one

What a sexy nun! (also very tall nun, I must say)

Don't know what causes her to be blind but at least she's still the most sexy and beautiful. Furthermore, she seems 100 times cooler than before too. Can't wait for translated version.

I'm sure that for next manga character poll (if it has), Galatea will give all those fab/ghost 7 a run for their money.

Oh my... Claymore never fail to surprise me really! Even the best looking character can turn blind and has a scar on her face. kudos to Yagi-sensei!
Old 2007-11-02, 13:42   Link #57
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed, I'm not sure why. Maybe because except for the reappearance of the Rabona guys and Galatea's blindness, nothing unexpected happens [...]
*blinks*

Reads to me like "except for the state banquet and 8-course gourmet meal, we were left to starve..."
Old 2007-11-02, 13:52   Link #58
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
That is my point, I always said Miata would instinctually realize what was going on, she might not understand it at an intellectual level, but she does understand that if she focuses she can blow right past it.
Right.

Quote:
I think that is when the manipulation was taking place, she uses her new found abilities with Yoki-sensing and Yoki-manipulation to put her opponents attacks exactly where she wants them.
It seems that her manipulation has grown stronger, but she was not only manipulating.
Most of the scenes, she was dodging and evading Miata's blows. She even tore her dress to have more mobility (and that was the sexiest thing that ever happened in this Manga).

I think that, now, with her new nature of seeing things, she has an even more higher chance to properly dodge and evade her enemy attacks.

Quote:
Yes, her Yoki-increase is as impressive as ever.
GARATEA POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Quote:
I don't think she will die either.
Amen brother.

Quote:
Lol, maybe not the next chapter, but they did kill Flora pretty quickly after introducing her.
Never liked Flora, and I don't get how so many people find her so cool. She is envy, think of her comrades as expendable and has a cold appearance. She is an obscure character.
But it's true, she died early. Hope Galatea won't share this same fate.

Quote:
Aren't we all

Quote:
Lol she will need your prayers from the looks of it.
And now is born a new religion: the cult of Galatea, goddess of Beauty and the new found awesomeness.

Quote:
Not really sure how people are getting the impression Miata is reacting like Priscilla, their reactions are quite different really, Miata was immediatly trying to finish her task and did not hesitate at all, and only grew upset when Galatea' was manipulating her, then she releases her Yoki to counter Galatea's technique, and is now forcing Galatea on the defensive.

By the looks of it, Miata has not even gone 10% yet. We can't even tell with Galatea anymore

Its going to be one intense battle, but I sense alot of potential for interruption
Yeah, next chapter we will probably have Galk and Sid interfering in this battle.

And that's where the Priss feeling is going to take control of Miata.
She won't listen to them.
Quote:
and if getting frustrated is a sign of awakening, Galatea looked pretty frustrated in the last panel too.
In the same way she was frustrated in the battle against Dauf, but she haven't lost control for a second.

Quote:
*cough* Flora *cough*
As I said, I don't think Flora fits in that category.

Ps: I'm sorry Flora fans, but that's my own opinion. I ask you to do not start a Holy War between the Flora's and Galatea's religion.
Old 2007-11-02, 14:10   Link #59
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Someone has to die though, so who WILL die then?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-11-02, 14:11   Link #60
Tevourious

I meant that Miata is a prime canidate to awaken. Shes frustrated yes, but shes also feral. The term ape$4!t is said for a reason . If the fight goes poorly I can see her wigging out like Priss did, however, no one really tried to comfort Priss. Irene kinda half ass tried and Teresa just said. "YER DOOMED!" To be fair Miata has Clarice, we'll get so see how much of a influence she has over the lil monster.

OH GOOD CALL about Galk showing up. He'll definately try n stop it. Which side will they be on though. I think Galk sent them to "Talk" to the nun not knowing why they were there. Either way I think he or his friend will get killed trying to get involved. I'm sorry I just have a bad bad feeling about Miata. Even Clarice does. "She scares me the most."

Who knows, perhaps Miata was built from an awakened ones chowder. The org did find Ophelia's remains after all. So I don't see why they couldn't implant them. It works with Yoma and Claymores. Course it seems like a horribly bad idea though,

As for Flora's death vs the potential for Galatea dying. I think Galatea will die at some point. I highly doubt it this is the time though. I think the fight will get broken up some how or another.

I take back my comment about the possibility of Galatea awakening. Shes far to "In control" for that to happen. Something really badass had to have went down at some point though for her not to fix the scar at least. She does have that thing about looks "You'll have to endure this ugly face a moment." RAGGHHH More questions than answers. DAMN YOU GOOD WRITER!!!
Closed Thread