AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-01, 02:25   Link #41
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Unless he's not in the business anymore, I think John Burgmeier is the prime candidate to play Death Scythe/Spirit. His performance as Shigure in Fruits Basket almost makes it a given unless someone new is brought in.
Old 2009-02-01, 07:49   Link #42
lmd_84

Well, Fruits Basket is the only dub I've heard him in (don't know what he's done since) but on the basis of his Shigure, I can see Burgmeier pulling off a character like Spirit. You have the silly and serious aspects of the character, which could well work.

He might have improved, so this could be unfair bias, but I disliked Vic's portrayal of Ed in FMA. He didn't come across as the right age for me, which is why I don't want to hear him as any of the younger characters. And him getting cast anywhere purely due to his fanbase would be dreadful, regardless of his skills.
Old 2009-02-01, 16:54   Link #43
ginran
~Smile~

Actually, I was thinking for Soul, Chris Patton would be great. Patton has a lot of lead roles that were very well done, like Fakir from Princess Tutu, Ayato from RahXephon, Greed from FMA, Hajime from Ghost Stories, etc..... I'd be happy to see him in this series. He could probably even pull off Kid, but he'd make a really great Soul IMO.

When you say Colleen Clinkenbeard, you mean using her Monkey D. Luffy voice right? that would be great!

Not sure about Tsubaki though, and Liz and Patty....
Old 2009-02-08, 18:57   Link #44
sbk

Anyone know if there will be Soul Eater DVDs/Blu Rays releases in Europe?
Old 2009-02-09, 05:46   Link #45
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

Well, there SHOULD be European releases...once Funimation has actually released the dubbed versions. This hasn't happened yet.
Old 2009-02-09, 09:37   Link #46
sbk

Oh ok. I thought Funimation was just North America. I truly hope that they will be dual audio with subs.
Old 2009-02-10, 16:12   Link #47
lmd_84

I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be.

Are there many releases (other than small, niche titles I guess) that get released nowadays without a Japanese and English language version? Or am I misinformed through the anime sold in my town...
Old 2009-02-10, 18:14   Link #48
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Looks like Yen Press is going to be VERY busy this year.... hope they're expanding carefully in their manga license acquisition.

The ARIA collection was recently released with japanese track only (and english subtitles) to save money. Many titles would probably be more profitable that way (small niche or non-mainstream appeal). I imagine Soul Eater has enough cross-appeal to warrant an english dub in addition to the japanese track. I'd be pissed if they dropped the japanese track conversely.
Old 2009-04-10, 01:00   Link #49
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
I agree with you there! Maka ---> Monica Rial and Luci Christian ---> Black Star I'd be fine with that! Christian plays a boy just as well as a girl: ex----> Kotaro from Papuwa, that was a great dub in general actually.

Well, I'll be honest, I do want to see Vic in this series, but I dont think he fits Kidd very well. I understand what you mean, but I personally dont mind seeing him in the many roles he has. But each to their own!
No no no no no, Rial's voice is too pitched. Its too, hmm, whats the word...whimsical. Rial would be more fit for Tsubaki, no...?

Makas voice...no, Chiaki Omigawa's voice is somewhat pitched with an edge. You can tell when she screams. Eh, I don't care really as long as they don't mess up Chrona or Medusa's voice. Any ideas for who should do Chrona's voice? ^___^

(Girl's voice, too, lol)
Old 2009-04-10, 01:03   Link #50
Kurona

Quote:
Actually, I was thinking for Soul, Chris Patton would be great. Patton has a lot of lead roles that were very well done, like Fakir from Princess Tutu, Ayato from RahXephon, Greed from FMA, Hajime from Ghost Stories, etc..... I'd be happy to see him in this series. He could probably even pull off Kid, but he'd make a really great Soul IMO.

When you say Colleen Clinkenbeard, you mean using her Monkey D. Luffy voice right? that would be great!

Not sure about Tsubaki though, and Liz and Patty....
100% agreed! Chris Patton for Soul would be perfect.
Old 2009-04-10, 20:16   Link #51
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
No no no no no, Rial's voice is too pitched. Its too, hmm, whats the word...whimsical. Rial would be more fit for Tsubaki, no...?

Makas voice...no, Chiaki Omigawa's voice is somewhat pitched with an edge. You can tell when she screams. Eh, I don't care really as long as they don't mess up Chrona or Medusa's voice. Any ideas for who should do Chrona's voice? ^___^

(Girl's voice, too, lol)
hmmm, I guess you have a point. so Rial would be perfect for Tsubaki though, now that you mention it. Then Luci Christian could be Maka instead, and Colleen Clinkenbeard or Greg Ayres could do Black Star. Im trying to think though, for Maka, between Hilary Haag or Luci Christian...I'm not sure which would match better...XD

I'm glad you agree about Chris Patton too, I could really picture it! For Kidd, I honestly have no idea...any thoughts?

Um, hmm....for Medusa, I think maybe Debi Mae West? (Tsunade from Naruto)
For Chrona...maybe Caitlin Glass? oh...but her seiyuu is Maaya Sakamoto, thats Sakura from Tsubasa...hmmm...XD

There are so many talented dub actors, I'm definately missing a lot, but there are some that I wouldnt know what role to give them.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
Old 2009-04-17, 10:19   Link #52
Kurona

Quote:
hmmm, I guess you have a point. so Rial would be perfect for Tsubaki though, now that you mention it. Then Luci Christian could be Maka instead, and Colleen Clinkenbeard or Greg Ayres could do Black Star. Im trying to think though, for Maka, between Hilary Haag or Luci Christian...I'm not sure which would match better...XD

I'm glad you agree about Chris Patton too, I could really picture it! For Kidd, I honestly have no idea...any thoughts?

Um, hmm....for Medusa, I think maybe Debi Mae West? (Tsunade from Naruto)
For Chrona...maybe Caitlin Glass? oh...but her seiyuu is Maaya Sakamoto, thats Sakura from Tsubasa...hmmm...XD

There are so many talented dub actors, I'm definately missing a lot, but there are some that I wouldnt know what role to give them.
LOL All these voice actors are reminding me of Ghost Stories...haha. Personally Maile Flannigan *Doesn't know how to spell that* (Narutos Voice) would be perfect again for B*S, but if that happened I don't think people would like it/respect it because they may feel its like making fun of Naruto or something...haha.

Oooh...how about Crispin Freeman for Professor Stein? ^^

Lets see...

Tsubaki: Monica Rial / Stephanie Sheh
Medusa: Allison Sumrall (Kagura from Azumanga Daioh) (Or some girl with a deeper voice....)
Spirit: Quinton Flynn
Prof. Stein: Crispin Freeman
Black Star: Greg Ayers / Vic Mignogna?
Patty: Kira Vincent-Davis

I don't know. Its all iffy...lol
Old 2009-04-17, 10:25   Link #53
Kurona

Oh yeah Caitlin Glass's voice would be real nice for Chrona =)
Old 2009-04-17, 17:23   Link #54
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
LOL All these voice actors are reminding me of Ghost Stories...haha. Personally Maile Flannigan *Doesn't know how to spell that* (Narutos Voice) would be perfect again for B*S, but if that happened I don't think people would like it/respect it because they may feel its like making fun of Naruto or something...haha.

Oooh...how about Crispin Freeman for Professor Stein? ^^

Lets see...

Tsubaki: Monica Rial / Stephanie Sheh
Medusa: Allison Sumrall (Kagura from Azumanga Daioh) (Or some girl with a deeper voice....)
Spirit: Quinton Flynn
Prof. Stein: Crispin Freeman
Black Star: Greg Ayers / Vic Mignogna?
Patty: Kira Vincent-Davis

I don't know. Its all iffy...lol
I loved Ghost Stories! XD They had a great dub cast for it! I dont know if I picture Black Star sounding like Naruto, but Maile is talented so if she gets the role, no big deal.

I like those two for Tsubaki, great choices, I think either would be great. Same goes for Crispin Freeman as Stein, great choice! Quinton Flynn could make a great Spirit, but I also think Vic Mignogna would suit that character better than he would Black Star, but either one of them would be fine. For Patty, although I like Kira Vincent Davis, I really like Cynthia Martinez's Kanna(from Air) voice for Patty. Kira Vincent Davis would actually make a great Liz now that I think about it.

Hmmm, so lets see:

Maka: Luci Christian / Hilary Haag
Soul: Chris Patton
Black Star: Greg Ayres / Maile Flannigan / Colleen Clinkenbeard (her Luffy voice)
Tsubaki: Stephanie Sheh / Monica Rial
Liz: Kira Vincent-Davis
Patty: Cynthia Martinez
Crona: Caitlyn Glass
Stein:: Crispin Freeman
Spirit: Quinton Flynn / Vic Mignogna

Well, we're still missing some important characters! I picture Medusa with a different voice though, deeper than Sumrall...I still have no idea about Kidd...I just like too many dub actors/actresses, Im actually a fan of dubs, I dont think they turn out as awful as some people say they do, but I still like the original Japanese too. There's so many more talented ones out there than just the ones we've gone over, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Old 2009-04-21, 09:17   Link #55
Kurona

Quote:
I loved Ghost Stories! XD They had a great dub cast for it! I dont know if I picture Black Star sounding like Naruto, but Maile is talented so if she gets the role, no big deal.

I like those two for Tsubaki, great choices, I think either would be great. Same goes for Crispin Freeman as Stein, great choice! Quinton Flynn could make a great Spirit, but I also think Vic Mignogna would suit that character better than he would Black Star, but either one of them would be fine. For Patty, although I like Kira Vincent Davis, I really like Cynthia Martinez's Kanna(from Air) voice for Patty. Kira Vincent Davis would actually make a great Liz now that I think about it.

Hmmm, so lets see:

Maka: Luci Christian / Hilary Haag
Soul: Chris Patton
Black Star: Greg Ayres / Maile Flannigan / Colleen Clinkenbeard (her Luffy voice)
Tsubaki: Stephanie Sheh / Monica Rial
Liz: Kira Vincent-Davis
Patty: Cynthia Martinez
Crona: Caitlyn Glass
Stein:: Crispin Freeman
Spirit: Quinton Flynn / Vic Mignogna

Well, we're still missing some important characters! I picture Medusa with a different voice though, deeper than Sumrall...I still have no idea about Kidd...I just like too many dub actors/actresses, Im actually a fan of dubs, I dont think they turn out as awful as some people say they do, but I still like the original Japanese too. There's so many more talented ones out there than just the ones we've gone over, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Death The Kid: Brad Swaile.
Blair: Kari Wahlgren

Oh! Those are great so far. I've got one! You know, till now I realized someone said that the seiyuu for DtK was Light Yagami's voice, so maybe get the same person for his English voice for Kidd? I think that's a good fit for him. Medusa's is a hard one...I'd try to think of all the deep-voiced girls in anime first. We're still missing Shinigami-Sama, Medusa, Eruka, Free, Mizune, Excalibur, Marie, and Asuza and all those other minor characters. I like your idea about the Thompson sisters too
Old 2009-04-21, 15:48   Link #56
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Death The Kid: Brad Swaile.
Blair: Kari Wahlgren

Oh! Those are great so far. I've got one! You know, till now I realized someone said that the seiyuu for DtK was Light Yagami's voice, so maybe get the same person for his English voice for Kidd? I think that's a good fit for him. Medusa's is a hard one...I'd try to think of all the deep-voiced girls in anime first. We're still missing Shinigami-Sama, Medusa, Eruka, Free, Mizune, Excalibur, Marie, and Asuza and all those other minor characters. I like your idea about the Thompson sisters too
I was thinking that too for Kidd...his seiyuu is Miyano Mamoru btw, and its pretty interesting, because Brad Swaile has done dubs for two of Mamoru's characters, Light Yagami and Setsuna from Gundam 00. I think Swaile is a great dub VA, and he was great as Light and Setsuna, but Light and Setsuna both sound more serious than Kidd(like when he gets into his symmetry moods...XD). But he could probably pull it off.

And Kari Wahlgren is a great choice for Blair! That'd be a really nice match! I'm not sure about the other guys for now....I'll keep looking though, but then again, no matter what we pick, its not really up to us in the end, but I just like seeing who would match with who.

Old 2009-04-22, 02:02   Link #57
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

I would never be able to take Kid seriously ever again if Brad Swaile voice-acted for him. Why? Because he voiced Lan Hikari (Netto Hikari) from Megaman.exe (Rockman.exe) (Do not ask me why I watched that series...)

See for yourself...
IMBD Profile (fifth one down): http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0841448/
IMBD on Rockman.exe: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367369/

However, if we are looking for not so serious, then he'd be great at pulling that off alongside the more serious parts. ^_^
Old 2009-04-22, 15:38   Link #58
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno-Oki View Post
I would never be able to take Kid seriously ever again if Brad Swaile voice-acted for him. Why? Because he voiced Lan Hikari (Netto Hikari) from Megaman.exe (Rockman.exe) (Do not ask me why I watched that series...)

See for yourself...
IMBD Profile (fifth one down): http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0841448/
IMBD on Rockman.exe: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367369/

However, if we are looking for not so serious, then he'd be great at pulling that off alongside the more serious parts. ^_^
Well, I was just considering that he did Light Yagami and Setsuna, both pretty serious characters.

But I can see why you'd feel that way! XD I've never seen that series before, but I'm familiar with what its about and all, and I can imagine that character isnt as serious as most... but its okay, thats your opinion.

Old 2009-04-23, 03:59   Link #59
Sno-Oki
OC Cosplayer-Aeron

I wouldn't mind...I just wouldn't be able to take him as seriously. ^_^ It was an excellent suggestion though, since I have no one else to suggest.
Old 2009-04-23, 15:41   Link #60
ginran
~Smile~

I understand!

Closed Thread