AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 07:44   Link #281
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Chapter Seventeen... Volume 3 has up to what chapters again?

Anyway on another note, that side of Kuga was unexpected, I was definitely inwardly glad when she released that he was lying when she used her Iris on the complete Arse of a guy, well losing his Iris has brought up a very interesting plot twist... And also makes the story abit more dark in perspective...

Wholeheartedly agree though a person's iris more or less defines a person's character.

Houjou just really rides me the wrong way, more importantly I think even Toru would throw a punch at the guy if he knew what he almost did to Kuga, despite the fact it was consenual it was also like rape, seeing as how he took advantage of Kuga's feelings for him. Seriously I would wipe the floor with Houjou, he obviouslly really pisses me off. Sorry for the rant...
Old 2011-02-18, 09:28   Link #282
Cambion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
As much as his intentions were noble, Toru could've at least put a resistance. A useless punk like that one that kicked him should learn a lesson or two. Ah, talk about a nice guy. He's a whole lot better than any of those who had iris who completely depend on it but Toru depends on his wits and experiences that he doesn't need one at all.
My impression is that Toru has already learned that resistance just leads to reinforcements for the attacker. Up until now it isn't like if he held out long enough someone was going to come to his aid. His class (school) as a whole views Iris Zeros as worthless and beneath them so him struggling against that will just bring out more people to enforce the social order and his place at the bottom of it.

Face it, unless you're a complete monster you have to view something as even less than an animal to consider using a lit cigarette to put out its eyes.
Cambion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 10:55   Link #283
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Regarding that, I'd say the author did a somewhat sloppy job on the characterization or just forced it in.
Old 2011-02-18, 12:03   Link #284
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
It's goes up to chapter 15...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 14:52   Link #285
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post

Anyway on another note, that side of Kuga was unexpected, I was definitely inwardly glad when she released that he was lying when she used her Iris on the complete Arse of a guy, well losing his Iris has brought up a very interesting plot twist... And also makes the story abit more dark in perspective...

Wholeheartedly agree though a person's iris more or less defines a person's character.

Houjou just really rides me the wrong way, more importantly I think even Toru would throw a punch at the guy if he knew what he almost did to Kuga, despite the fact it was consenual it was also like rape, seeing as how he took advantage of Kuga's feelings for him. Seriously I would wipe the floor with Houjou, he obviouslly really pisses me off. Sorry for the rant...
Volume 3 goes up to chapter 15. Chapter 17 was from magazine raws.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 13:27   Link #286
Shadow5YA

ch13 is out.

Koyuki is so adorable.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 15:02   Link #287
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Sweet, I'm getting better at Japanese. This is almost what I thought had happened.

Didn't know that Kuga is known as the Iris Hunter to the readers already though. I expected that to be a mystery for much longer.

Last edited by Claies; 2011-02-23 at 15:55.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 15:15   Link #288
azurena

Kuga is being a real bitch right now
azurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 17:41   Link #289
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
Kuga is being a real bitch right now
Could you explain? at least base on chapter 13 she hasn't done much or anything that would warrant the name calling lol. hmmm There's a reasonable gap between the raw and well, english translation. People should be aware to put spoilers and when quoting make sure it should be in corrected formatted for spoilers to be hidden.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-02-23 at 18:05.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:04   Link #290
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

My theory: "help Kuga" = "help Kuga do what she wants", not "help her not die"
Old 2011-02-23, 18:07   Link #291
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

how come that Houjou don't tell anyone about Kuga's identity as Iris Eraser.....
and who spread the rumours about an Iris Zero is Iris Hunter.....
something strange here.... and that's make me dying to wait next chapter

someone save Kuga..... don't let my favourite character become a villain
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:15   Link #292
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Is she really a iris eraser?
Old 2011-02-23, 18:19   Link #293
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
how come that Houjou don't tell anyone about Kuga's identity as Iris Eraser.....
and who spread the rumours about an Iris Zero is Iris Hunter.....
something strange here.... and that's make me dying to wait next chapter

someone save Kuga..... don't let my favourite character become a villain
I believe it would be due to a lack of evidence or fear, maybe both.

I'm sure the answer is insecurity? Iris are special gift or privileges in this case. When something special has the chance to be taken away people get worry or perceive fear and blame others rather themselves. It is probably no different from an angry mob in those Frankenstein series.

So in conclusion the fear of losing one’s iris lead students to believe that iris zero are the source of omen^^, I would say the cause of the rumours are the rumours themselves .Of course there could be someone directly spreading rumours like those shoujo series bully, lol although that would be dull.
Old 2011-02-23, 18:22   Link #294
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
Of course there could be someone directly spreading rumours
Like that good for nothing four eyes?
Old 2011-02-23, 18:38   Link #295
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Like that good for nothing four eyes?
I always found the writing in iris zero to be witty and overall solid akin to Detective Conan in deduction and human psychology. Both reason are plausible although 4 eyes as you said could be a suspect but his action was already seen by a witness at the time using a cigarette to threaten someone the chances of retaliation is high but that would also put him in a situation where he could be expelled since iris allows people to see the truth somewhat in a cloudy way. Don't people usually ask whats the motive and who gains the most in such an outcome. Being a coward as he is I don't think he would risk himself of course the same argument could be use as a reason to say he is using a lower risk attack such as spreading rumours.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2011-02-23 at 21:13.
Old 2011-02-23, 18:40   Link #296
Johnny
Working the bags...

I don't think Kuga is the Iris Eraser because we've already seen her powers. It's like what Nemuru said, rumors run rampant when fueled by fear. Also having Toura around makes it even better when for the one who started the rumor, whether or not he's the target. I'd say he is for whatever reason we've yet to find out...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 18:43   Link #297
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I don't think Kuga is the Iris Eraser because we've already seen her powers. It's like what Nemuru said, rumors run rampant when fueled by fear. Also having Toura around makes it even better when for the one who started the rumor, whether or not he's the target. I'd say he is for whatever reason we've yet to find out...
Lol, well that would mean someone was watching the bed scene with Kuga and granting her wish ^^,
Old 2011-02-23, 19:16   Link #298
azurena

Quote:
Could you explain? at least base on chapter 13 she hasn't done much or anything that would warrant the name calling lol. hmmm There's a reasonable gap between the raw and well, english translation. People should be aware to put spoilers and when quoting make sure it should be in corrected formatted for spoilers to be hidden.
lol, I just felt like saying that? Shes all like, its because of iris that I'm unhappy so lets see if other people that are happy are still happy without their iris.
azurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 21:30   Link #299
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Lol, well that would mean someone was watching the bed scene with Kuga and granting her wish ^^,
Or that it's impossible to remove someone's Iris, and all Kuga did was give them a psychological shock that temporarily disabled their powers.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-23, 21:39   Link #300
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
lol, I just felt like saying that? Shes all like, its because of iris that I'm unhappy so lets see if other people that are happy are still happy without their iris.
hmmm... I must be bored these days.....

Overall I have no opinion if you want to call her a bitch For the sake of disliking someone lol.

Guess I will use a long winded cliché response... summing it up

One of the aspect I like about ‘Iris Zero’ is the way it portray villains since the author never goes out of the way in defining what is white or black but more along the grey shaded parts. The villain is the least important aspect of ‘Iris Zero’ but more or less on how power corrupts individual and the society that encourages iris as a new form human evolution.

With that said do you think she(kuga) is generally unhappy about iris or has growing up with an ability to read emotion shape her in some way? I did remember reading someone's post where they mention that the Iris which they gain is also hypothetically subtracted from them or detach as a means to gain such ability. For example In Kuga case the ability to read emotion made her emotionless in some way, lacking empathy to really understand others. I can however sympathize with Kuga base on that alone that she's yet to developed her own understanding... as she would see things as either black or white, the idea of interpretation is different to each person which is the part she's truly lacking.

To add further to that I believe most Iris user are unhappy in general
lol, I wonder if someone will make a conjoint theory about Iris and telepathy. The similarities as both are a means to extracts and receive information although through symbolism, ^^,

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen