AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-19, 20:29   Link #1621
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Fushimi has several reasons for leaving HOMRA. Actually, though Homra and Scepter4 have a certain dislike for each other, it's not a full-blown hatred. Kusanagi was actually accepting of Fushimi leaving (if Memory of Red is anything to go by) and Kusanagi likes him as a person - he just believes Fushimi has the right to make whatever choices he chooses. Yata is actually the only person in Homra who is so downright shaken by his "betrayal", and according to Episode 10, it's not because Fushimi betrayed Homra per se. It's because Fushimi betrayed him, i.e. betrayed his trust - and all those things he did, like implying that his entire friendship with Yata was a lie, burning his HOMRA tattoo in front of Yata just to see him squirm, etc. It completely struck Yata to the bone that Fushimi is no longer who he used to be, and to Yata that was what he truly considered Fushimi's betrayal.

The thing about Fushimi is that he is physically unsuited for Homra powers. In the K: Side Red novel, it was shown that Fushimi, though he's kind of suitable for Homra powers (in the sense that he could pass the test Mikoto gave him), he wasn't as suited to it as the rest were (in particular Yata). There was a scene apparently of Mikoto (when Fushimi was still in Homra) striding into a place where the Homra members were losing, and single-handedly taking all their enemies out. All the Homra members were mesmerized and Yata was highly impressed, but Fushimi was the only one who couldn't take the heat and almost passed out - at first he just thought that Mikoto was just too strong, but later he realized that nobody else was affected. Only him. That was the first sign that he was blatantly unsuited for Homra powers, like Totsuka was. Of course, this was one of the reasons for him to leave Homra. Nobody can really blame him for that.

Then comes the main reason - his relationship with Yata. So far all of the materials heavily implied that Fushimi and Yata lived on the streets together for reasons unknown after junior high, without any relatives, relying only on each other. Then they got taken in by Homra. As I've said before, Fushimi was blatantly unsuited for Homra. But Yata fit in perfectly. Of course Fushimi would be upset. Yata was his only friend, and he was okay with it as long as they could keep relying on each other. What happened in Homra nailed it into Fushimi that he's lost his only guiding light.

To tell the truth, I didn't like Yata and Fushimi at first. But after I realized what drove them, they jumped high onto my favorites list. It's just too sad.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 07:26   Link #1622
kuromitsu

Apparently I have no heart because all that doesn't make me like either Yata or Fushimi more, in fact it just makes Fushimi even more annoying. (I don't mind Yata but I don't particularly care about him, he's not the type of character I tend to like.) Losing a friend to a group they feel more at home with is sad and something most people can relate to; but being such an asshole about it and obsessing over it for years (with no end in sight) is not something I can sympathize with. He's like those exes who keep stalking their former boyfriends/girlfriends for no other reason than a bizarre sense of self-satisfaction.

Also, that backstory doesn't really address my main problem with Fushimi that is his overall personality and attitude, so... (And the lazy design and concept, if Munakata and Fushimi are not related after all. )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 13:33   Link #1623
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 15:23   Link #1624
kuromitsu

NEKOOOOO~ how can she be so cute, it's not fair, she's so adorable it's ridiculous...

Ahem.

Spoiler for ep 12:
Old 2012-12-20, 16:04   Link #1625
ellessarr
Banned

looks like mine theory was right:
Spoiler for theory and episode 12:
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 16:05   Link #1626
Bern-san

Shiro was trying to make his own harem Both Neko and Seiri were so cute in this episode, especially Neko.
And had more Seiri and Izumo scenes, yay!

Liked the conversation between the Silver and Gold King after so many years.

I don't think the Red and Blue King will die... And Shiro will end up living with Neko and Kuroh happily ever after, can't imagine Neko without him after the end of this.

BTW I saw that some sort of magazine was going to be released with mini-stories of each character? Like Neko before she met Shiro, Yata and Fuhimi during high school and things like that
Old 2012-12-20, 16:24   Link #1627
ellessarr
Banned

now become more accuracy the reason of the previous true shiro was dont be "inside of the body" like i told before i think the colorless king body switch can also totally absorb the soul owner body if him remain too much time inside the body, turning the owner soul part of fox soul, and this make him have this "talk with self issue"(multiply personality)., he possessed shiro for too much time and after go to weissmann the body was empty(fox absorbed permanently shiro soul) and weissmann take "that empty body".
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 16:39   Link #1628
ookamigirl

Red and blue still at it.
The body swapping thing was interesting.
Finally some new and revealing info!
That Colorless king really has an interesting power.
Looks like he's not the only one with power.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:19   Link #1629
mayumi

red and blue kings please stop fighting and patch up. i don't want anything to happen to either of them. i am still trying to figure out why red king is even so pissed off at blue king when they should be after killer. but i guess that has become shiro's and kuroh's job.
everyone better sing kubaya by the end of next episode.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 17:26   Link #1630
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was okay, but I still think this series is too slow-paced for its own good. It's the second to last episode and not much happened. It was mostly a build-up for the grand final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
NEKOOOOO~ how can she be so cute, it's not fair, she's so adorable it's ridiculous...

Ahem.

Spoiler for ep 12:
So true. This battle is so underwhelming it's almost pitiful
You could hardly guess these guys have superpowers.

And yes, Neko is ridiculously adorable. Glad she's safe.
Old 2012-12-20, 18:02   Link #1631
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Agree that i thought the clan war would be bigger and better. Neko was indeed super cute this ep. I doubt anyone will die, but i wonder how they'll deal with the colorless king.
Old 2012-12-20, 18:16   Link #1632
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
i am still trying to figure out why red king is even so pissed off at blue king when they should be after killer.
They're not pissed at each other, well, probably not that much. Red wants to go after the killer, and kill him - but given that the killer is a king himself, killing him would cost Red an effort that would make his power go overboard and cause his Sword to fall, resulting in a nice crater and a few thousand deaths, including his own. Blue doesn't want this to happen, so he tries to stop Red from doing it, and after exhausting every other option, the only chance he has left is stopping Red by defeating him (and likely killing him). This is why they're fighting.

Come to think of it, Mikoto doesn't seem to care that killing Foxy would also kill all his clan members, huh.
Old 2012-12-20, 18:17   Link #1633
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
i wonder how they'll deal with the colorless king.
Kuro's king-slayer sword comes to mind...

It's obvious Shiro is planning to sacrifice himself to stop Colorless, but I think Kuro will manage to defeat Colorless with his sword and save Shiro.
Old 2012-12-20, 18:44   Link #1634
rpgkiller999

Wow, death flag all over Shiro's face, or he is planning to trap colorless in his body and go to eternal sleep....forever unchanged.

Hope Shiro can have a happy ending with Neko!
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 19:26   Link #1635
mistress_kisara

Yay for Neko being Weismann's first clansman! Is Kuro next? Anyway great episode! The Silver King is awesome!Anna sitting on Neko's lap was cute
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 20:12   Link #1636
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Honestly, despite not really caring about the Colorless King, he had a bit of my sympathy at the end when he was talking to himself like he was different people. Rather than think he has multiple personalities, I thought that he was just a lonely individual. I thought his power, unlike the other kings shown thus far, is unable to be shared with anyone, so he cannot have any clansmen. This would bring about jealousy that has fueled his actions up to now. Whatever the reason is, speaking to himself in that way just feels kinda sad. Maybe that's just me =0\.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 21:03   Link #1637
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Yay for Neko being Weismann's first clansman! Is Kuro next?
I *think* I saw Kuro glowing silver at one point in the preview so it seems like a safe bet.

EDIT: Here's the shot i was thinking of.

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2012-12-20 at 22:51.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 21:44   Link #1638
mayumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
They're not pissed at each other, well, probably not that much. Red wants to go after the killer, and kill him - but given that the killer is a king himself, killing him would cost Red an effort that would make his power go overboard and cause his Sword to fall, resulting in a nice crater and a few thousand deaths, including his own. Blue doesn't want this to happen, so he tries to stop Red from doing it, and after exhausting every other option, the only chance he has left is stopping Red by defeating him (and likely killing him). This is why they're fighting.

Come to think of it, Mikoto doesn't seem to care that killing Foxy would also kill all his clan members, huh.
mikoto doesn't seem to care about a lot of things, other than getting himself killed
which is why i feel tatara was more a bad influence on him that a good one. that and mikoto being red king and whose power is destructive and only going to blow shit up when he gets angry. honestly why would weissman want the poor red kings to suffer like that. it would be great if they could do away with the sword system because if the next colorless is going to be evil as well and use next red king to go apeshit again the cycle just repeats.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:11   Link #1639
GundamZZ
残念美人

The bad thing: The character interaction is too generic. Blue clan is suppose to release hostage held by clan. They are suppose to be the police power. It turns to be a clan war, or "I don't like your dress" grudge. In addition, the red king and the blue king continue their sexual suggestive conversation. Just stop talking trash and get on with One Piece like quote already! They should shout out something like, " everyone has their own version of justice, as long your justice is not getting into mine". Lastly, only students remain in campus. All faculties and staffs are mysteriously disappeared.

The good thing: The story is making some progress. The intention of colorless king/Kukuri becomes clear. She even informs everyone standing on the campus ground. To make up the lack of Neko's fan service, Kukuri flips up her panty.

Now, looking forward for Shiro and Kuro's plot against Kurkuri.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 00:15   Link #1640
Entravity

At least they did a decent job of explaining things. The character interaction is really generic though. It's a bit late for the anime to be saved but... at least something is happening.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural