AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 09:54   Link #2321
Soji

Seitsuki@ You forgot that Akame ask him more than once to don't get in the way.The only reason Akame almost kill him , was because he choose to protect that girl .
Until then she try to don't fight/kill him she told him that he was not a target .

Then again this whole argument has become pointless , no matter how much you guys will talk about this topic ,the two sides will always be in disagreement.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-07-02 at 10:04.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 10:00   Link #2322
Quol
That Guy

It was in the first chapter page 60ish Tatsumi fights Akame but she jumps over him saying "...Not a target."

Also i dont hate Esdese, but the way she is now i would rather she die. I heard the whole "she is a general so its to be expected" argument but if you remember when she came back to the capital, when she went to the tortute room she gave advice on how to torture people better by lowering the temperature of the boiling water. Thats not exactly someone that makes me feel warm and cuddly inside...
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 11:41   Link #2323
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Anyway regardless of all this nothing changes the fact that Esdese = best girl.
That person here is right, Esdese is indeed the best girl ... but that doesn't change the fact that Mein is my waifu and I've already prepared a very long rant in case she were to die.
Old 2013-07-02, 12:03   Link #2324
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
That person here is right, Esdese is indeed the best girl ... but that doesn't change the fact that Mein is my waifu and I've already prepared a very long rant in case she were to die.
Don't you mean you have a rant prepared for when Mein dies? I personally have the belief everyone except Akame is going to die from the Jagers and NR by the end of the series, although that could be me being overly dark about what is yet to come.

As for the whole is NR good or the Jagers etc. debate, it really comes down to whole perspective from within the story you are viewing things. From NR point of view, while they might not be "heroes", they are still doing what must be done according to their beliefs so they believe what they are doing is right. On the other hand, the Jagers are all fighting to protect their country from NR and the rebels who are trying to destroy what they believe in. The Jagers aren't evil in this story either, they truly believe what they are doing is for the greater good (well, except for Esdese, she is kind of insane).

Unlike most people, I never really hated Justice Girl, her speeches and constant preaching just annoyed the shit out of me. As I said before, she thought she was doing it for the greater good and that the country is just and good. I feel like she was just ignorant and chose to ignore all the obvious faults of her country (and they are obvious) in order to protect her belief in her countries sense of justice.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 12:23   Link #2325
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Don't you mean you have a rant prepared for when Mein dies? I personally have the belief everyone except Akame is going to die from the Jagers and NR by the end of the series, although that could be me being overly dark about what is yet to come.
I can dream, can I? I already had my heart broken several times while reading this thing, and I don't think I can survive another blast. So, I'm eventually trying to live within my own delusions, hoping for the worst to never come ...
Old 2013-07-02, 13:25   Link #2326
Hiyono

All of the discussion about good vs. evil and conflicting justice reminds me of this scene from Serenity:
Quote:
The Operative: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your fault?
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.
The Operative: I do. If I have to.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?
The Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.
Hiyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 14:13   Link #2327
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post

Someone here talked about how the nazi killed people out of duty. Sure, but some if not all of them would've been executed if they didn't follow the orders.
Not true. The evil higher-up may have the urge to do so, but whether it could actually be done is a different matter.

Quote:
There's no good or evil in a war. In there, everyone does atrocities for the sake of their objective, whatever it may be.
I agree it's not good vs evil in war, but it's not as simple as "they are all equally bad !" in war either.

And whoever start the war often bear more of the weight.

Bottom line: J vs NR is like Nazi vs Allies. There were also decent people on the Nazi side and Allies cannot be called heroic, but it's pretty obvious whom the majority of people are going to side with more.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2013-07-02 at 14:33.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 14:26   Link #2328
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
She willfully underwent body modification to be a better soldier before her mentor even died, I'm pretty sure she wasn't right in the head from the start.
Actually the modification was suggested by Ogre and he was one who introduced Stylish to her in the first place. Seryuu at that point wanted revenge on NR for killing her father (or so she says before fighting Schere IIRC) and most likely desperate for anything that would give her power to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
even Bors himself claimed he did alot of evil stuff in the past so he wasn't any different than the rest.
I'm pretty sure anyone in military did a lot bad stuff in the past, people often tend to forget that Akame was once the empire's most prized assassin and thought nothing of cutting down anyone regardless who they were at one point. Najenda and Braht were also high ranking soldiers who probably did some questionable things themselves before they left. Unlike Bors however, they didn't have a family to feed.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-07-02 at 15:09.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 14:41   Link #2329
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I don't think NR killed her father, she just said that her father died fighting evil-doers (unspecified).

on the whole Jaeger vs NR debate.

The only ones who are really on the same level of morality as NR where Bors and Wave (following orders/doing what we have to), the rest have been portrayed to be insane if not outright evil.
Dr Stylus regularly experimented on humans, and sacrificed them without a moments hesitation.
Seryuu progressively got more and more insane as time passed, to the point her own allies were becoming alarmed at her actions.
Esdese is an incredibly sadistic individual, with her only real redeeming points being her dere moments for Tatsumi and her concern for her own soldiers.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2013-07-02 at 14:52.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:00   Link #2330
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
I don't think NR killed her father, she just said that her father died fighting evil-doers (unspecified).
*looks at the chapter again*

Hmm, you're right. It's kinda of ambiguous since it's possible to have happened. Seryuu's comment implies he might have been an officer or at least part of Defense/Guard Corps which NR has targetted before.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:41   Link #2331
J4n1

Is it wrong of me to ship Tatsumi x Esdese?
Seriously, after reading all the translated chapters in Mangafox, i can't help but consider Esdese a horrible monster, and yet hope that she somehow survives and ends up with Tatsumi.

Happy the crazy cyborg died, sad about the kids at the end who lost their playmate.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 15:53   Link #2332
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Is it wrong of me to ship Tatsumi x Esdese?
Seriously, after reading all the translated chapters in Mangafox, i can't help but consider Esdese a horrible monster, and yet hope that she somehow survives and ends up with Tatsumi.

Happy the crazy cyborg died, sad about the kids at the end who lost their playmate.
Welcome to Akame ga Kiru aka MindFuck the Manga.
Old 2013-07-02, 16:50   Link #2333
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
*looks at the chapter again*

Hmm, you're right. It's kinda of ambiguous since it's possible to have happened. Seryuu's comment implies he might have been an officer or at least part of Defense/Guard Corps which NR has targetted before.
He was soldier killed as collateral damage. Not even target (evil). And to be honest it's unlikely it happened only once. There is only one difference between Jeagers and NR. Raid is on good side and Jeagers on bad one. Personaly think there is no need look for some higher moral ground.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:07   Link #2334
dmaxzero

No. The Jaegers are the bad guys... When you become a soldier they donīt ask you to forsake your humanity. You are supposed to obey the orders of your commander but you are not bounded to it. All this in the context of a given society and culture, if you change that, then you change the definitions and then is ok. But this world is presented as an analogy to ours, good and bad are regarded in our context... So NR has a better footing in all this mess.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 17:49   Link #2335
Tenzen12

That's what I said. NR is on good side and Jeagers on bad one. I don't see any contradiction.
Old 2013-07-23, 11:24   Link #2336
Dr_Crowbar

a few LQ scans are out for chapter 39. Also it seems like akame ga kill gets a spin-off about Akames past.
Dr_Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 04:39   Link #2337
Tenzen12

Don't tell me author has intend make Akame main heroine or something like that?
Old 2013-07-24, 05:28   Link #2338
Arczyx
None. ない. Nihil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Don't tell me author has intend make Akame main heroine or something like that?
Isn't that pretty obvious from the title?
Old 2013-07-24, 06:27   Link #2339
Seitsuki
Onee!

Meh, you just have to look at something like Index to go figure how important that is.

S-chan best girl!
Old 2013-07-24, 07:06   Link #2340
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arczyx View Post
Isn't that pretty obvious from the title?
The other way round. The fact that Akame gets a spin-off of herself proves that she is NOT the main character of the show

(A fairly realistic assessment, if you ask me)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!