AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-09, 22:48   Link #1
gknight
shounen ai

Send a message via ICQ to gknight Send a message via MSN to gknight
Thumbs up Gakuen Heaven

http://www.gakuenheaven.com/

anyone else can't help waiting for the show?! ^^
i'm so happy for all the shounen ai series in the last years,
Gakuen Heaven should start next month, i wonder which group will sub it.
here are some photos i really liked from the art book.

http://img2.tapuz.co.il/communafiles/9441910.jpg
http://img2.tapuz.co.il/communafiles/9441876.jpg
http://img2.tapuz.co.il/communafiles/9441920.jpg
Old 2006-03-10, 02:24   Link #2
domino
デレデレ

I remember playing this game. ^^ It was really fun. I even remember seeing it featured in a major American magazine once (Electronic Gaming Monthly or something).

It was a fun game~~... I got the ending with the blonde tennis guy... But I don't remember much, so the anime will refresh my memory. The character designs have improved~ (the scientist boy looked kind of scary in the game, and the artist had a creepy old-looking face...)
I really love the art and artist (she's so cute and kind!! I am happy I met her!!) and the voice cast!!

Is there a manga version of the story too? Anyone have info about that...? I just know there is a game, drama CD, and character CD... they were quite popular, especially for BL...

I can't wait for the TV series!! *O*)
Old 2006-03-10, 04:38   Link #3
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

They're making Angel's Feather into an OVA as well,right?
I just hope some day Togainu no Chi will be made into an animation.

Speaking of BL,why aren't there any BL game topics in the Games Forum?
Old 2006-03-10, 04:40   Link #4
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Haha, I wonder if C.G Mix is going to sing the opening song again for the animated version of this. I believe he sang the vocals to the game, whose opening song was one of the few/only official song(s) from I've Sound that were/was sung by a male vocalist.
Old 2006-03-10, 09:06   Link #5
gknight
shounen ai

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
I really love the art and artist (she's so cute and kind!! I am happy I met her!!) and the voice cast!!

Is there a manga version of the story too? Anyone have info about that...? I just know there is a game, drama CD, and character CD... they were quite popular, especially for BL...

I can't wait for the TV series!! *O*)
you met her?? that's so cool.
anyway yes there is a manga version and i don't remember the group who scanlate it, something EoP, it's only 3 chapters anyway. it's sweet but not very plottish.
they released first chapter then made a vote "who would you like the main uke ends up with" and by the results they continued..

the winner was "the king", i really wonder who'd be the main couple in the anime.. who would you like to see?

i want the most the king or the childhood friend (don't remember names. ).
here are the names actually:
http://img2.tapuz.co.il/communafiles/9442110.jpg
i was talking about Keita Ito with Tetsuya Niwa or Kazuki Endo.
Old 2006-03-10, 13:21   Link #6
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknight
you met her?? that's so cool.
anyway yes there is a manga version and i don't remember the group who scanlate it, something EoP, it's only 3 chapters anyway. it's sweet but not very plottish.
they released first chapter then made a vote "who would you like the main uke ends up with" and by the results they continued..

the winner was "the king", i really wonder who'd be the main couple in the anime.. who would you like to see?

i want the most the king or the childhood friend (don't remember names. ).
here are the names actually:
http://img2.tapuz.co.il/communafiles/9442110.jpg
i was talking about Keita Ito with Tetsuya Niwa or Kazuki Endo.
Looking at the official anime art so far, it looks like Keita Ito and Kazuki Endo are the most likely main couple. The king is another good choice... but maybe he'll end up with the queen instead ^_^; (Kaoru Saionji)

According to AnimeNewsNetwork, the opening/ending songs will not be done by the same people who did the game opening (CG Mix)

Opening song: "school boys" by YAMOTO
ending song: "Panorama" by Masaaki Endou
Old 2006-03-10, 15:34   Link #7
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

potato is intimidated by the amount of shonen ai bursting out of that pic.

potato's eyes take 9999 points of damage.
Old 2006-03-10, 20:04   Link #8
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
potato is intimidated by the amount of shonen ai bursting out of that pic.

potato's eyes take 9999 points of damage.
Hee hee~ well it is based off of a yaoi PC game, so~ ... it would be interesting to see all of the 9s pouring out of your eyes playing the PC game... XD

Anyway! I found another interesting bit of Gakuen Heaven news:

The first DVD of the TV series comes out on July 7! Even more interesting, though, is that the DVD is already rank #1 on the animate DVD sales rank page. ^_^ A good sign! More popular anime = more episodes~~ (the Gakuen Heaven drama CDs come on the top 10 list pretty frequently, too)
Old 2006-04-01, 06:09   Link #9
thomasvye
Delurking...

Hello. ^__^ I am politely delurking to say that I too am looking forward to the show starting; should be on tonight!
Old 2006-04-01, 07:19   Link #10
kinniku_man
masked man

uho! ii-otoko!
yaranaika!
Old 2006-04-01, 19:48   Link #11
gknight
shounen ai

the raw has already released. ^^
Old 2006-04-02, 03:21   Link #12
Gankutsuou

Just to let you all know about the subbed version by LIVE-EVIL. It is not just an april fool's joke, but it's also very homophobic. I recommend you all NOT to download it, they really steep very low this time, pissing off many people who love shounen ai. I myself did not download it but my friend did and she was pretty pissed. She didn't think it was funny nor ironic. She was offended by the whole group.

Wait for Aarinfantasy's sub. They're professionals and LE? Immature brats?
Old 2006-04-02, 03:35   Link #13
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankutsuou
Just to let you all know about the subbed version by LIVE-EVIL. It is not just an april fool's joke, but it's also very homophobic. I recommend you all NOT to download it, they really steep very low this time, pissing off many people who love shounen ai. I myself did not download it but my friend did and she was pretty pissed. She didn't think it was funny nor ironic. She was offended by the whole group.

Wait for Aarinfantasy's sub. They're professionals and LE? Immature brats?
We're evil, what can we say... :\

-Tofu
Old 2006-04-02, 03:40   Link #14
bastard-sama
The Bastard

wow some people dont have a sense of humor
Old 2006-04-02, 03:43   Link #15
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

That was a complete waste of my time. It would've been a better April Fool's title if you had stepped up the parody instead. Not to say it'll be great, but at least it'll be more tasteful. ^^ Just a suggestion.

Edit: I predict that in the wake of a flimsy plot (as the team knows it, I gather), the series' true nature will lie in the banging behind the closed doors of BL Academy. And I, always weak for man smut, will be waiting.

Last edited by cheesie; 2006-04-02 at 05:04.
Old 2006-04-02, 03:49   Link #16
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
That was a complete waste of my time. It would've been a better April Fool's title if you had parodied their actual lines instead. Not to say it'll be great, but at least it'll be more tasteful. ^^ Just a suggestion.

Edit: I predict that in the wake of a flimsy plot (as the team knows it, I gather), the series' true nature will lie in the banging behind the closed doors of BL Academy. And I, always weak for man smut, will be waiting.
Hehe, just wanted to poke some fun at the whole concept of shounen ai, that's all. No harm intended :X

Obviously if you are a big shounen ai fan then this kind of troll was designed for you... ^^;

-Tofu
Old 2006-04-02, 03:54   Link #17
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hehe, just wanted to poke some fun at the whole concept of shounen ai, that's all. No harm intended :X
I realize that. Though I'm sure there're some other ways to do it. I'm not against what you did, but if I were to dedicate my speed of crap 20kb/s downloading something I'm rather excited about, only to have a parody in my hands, then make it more tasteful. :x

Quote:
Obviously if you are a big shounen ai fan then this kind of troll was designed for you... ^^;
Though I can't speak for other fans of the genre, I assure you it'll take more than that to ruffle my feathers. Credits for effort, at least.
Old 2006-04-02, 03:57   Link #18
Tofusensei

I don't know if there is such a thing as tasteful gay bashing... :\

-Tofu
Old 2006-04-02, 04:21   Link #19
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I'm sure others, particularly ones who're anti-yaoi/anti-fangirls would enjoy it.

Maybe there's a slim chance I would, if I weren't feeling so darn cranky after finding out I yelled at my internet speed for nothing. (Yes, BL love is Serious Business. :P)
Old 2006-04-02, 04:23   Link #20
Tofusensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
I'm sure others, particularly ones who're anti-yaoi/anti-fangirls would enjoy it.

Maybe there's a slim chance I would, if I weren't feeling so darn cranky after finding out I yelled at my internet speed for nothing. (Yes, BL love is Serious Business. :P)
Hehe, I really don't hate yaoi fangirls, btw... Even after being in a group that subbed Gravitation (BakaMX) :X

-Tofu
Closed Thread

Tags
shounen-ai