AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-01, 19:34   Link #1
azn_FTG

i have started Ichigo 100% scanning group

okay ppl i have gotten tried of waiting so me and fifthteen of my friends has decided on one solution and that is to start a manga group our self we need webmaster and translators so if u can read jap plz give us a msg and

MAIN PROJECT IS ICHIGO 100%
Old 2004-01-01, 23:23   Link #2
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

You have a fifteen person group and no website or translator? You are a brilliant man and I want to be your friend.

Perhaps you should offer yourself to a group ALREADY doing Ichi100? How 'bout that? Hmm? It wouldn't erase the above stupidity, but it would begin the healing process.

Oh, and dude. The translators are the most important members of any group, big or small. You START with them. If you aren't a translator, then don't start a group. It's like starting a war without an army.
Old 2004-01-02, 01:16   Link #3
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Are u guys gonna start from the beginning or where Akatsuki-manga got stuck to?
Old 2004-01-02, 03:01   Link #4
Ookla The Mok

listen to snoopy...
Old 2004-01-02, 06:32   Link #5
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
Do you have your own scanner or are you going to use scans you found floating on the web?

You should just offer your help to cabbit or a-m.
Old 2004-01-03, 21:06   Link #6
azn_FTG

jokes on u

i have translator and editors and also scanners and we have started on site i was just asking if there would be more ppl willign to help so that we can get volume 3 out cause we have exams soon adn there for not everyone wil be ready to scan i will be studying myself so we need a back up group jsut in case okay

that is all i have to say
adn i was only asking sheesh maybe i should write my request better
Old 2004-01-03, 21:08   Link #7
azn_FTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
Do you have your own scanner or are you going to use scans you found floating on the web?

You should just offer your help to cabbit or a-m.

i have a scanner well three and also some from net just as back up and also all teh volumes up to 8 so i think i'll start as soon as we have free time
Old 2004-01-03, 21:09   Link #8
azn_FTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
You have a fifteen person group and no website or translator? You are a brilliant man and I want to be your friend.

Perhaps you should offer yourself to a group ALREADY doing Ichi100? How 'bout that? Hmm? It wouldn't erase the above stupidity, but it would begin the healing process.

Oh, and dude. The translators are the most important members of any group, big or small. You START with them. If you aren't a translator, then don't start a group. It's like starting a war without an army.

snoopy that be kool like i said i need more transltors and a-m only has like 1 translator and 1 editor working on ichigo and they are running short on editors that is y i started my own group since we do have a manga club anyways hehe i love my school
Old 2004-01-03, 21:10   Link #9
azn_FTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
Are u guys gonna start from the beginning or where Akatsuki-manga got stuck to?

no dude where yanime left of chapter 20
Old 2004-01-04, 00:48   Link #10
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

*spasm* Answer everything in ONE post.

One translator, scanner and editor is all you need for something like Ichi. In fact, one person capable of all three jobs could probably do it faster than a group of friends with no experience. And it'd be a better final product.

The ease at which people jump to the conclusion that they should start their own groups pisses me off. It makes people reading their stupidity believe that the manga community is just a bunch of guys with tons of time on our hands instead of people wih actual skills. Look at the amount of pure crap that has surfaced in the scanslation world over the past year. Go on... look at it. Now. Tell me why you think that's happened? People that aren't good enough for the big groups decide that we just don't know what we're talking about and that they're going to start their own groups. They realize about a month later how stupid they are, and then leave like a dozen projects unfinished, unlicensed, and dead at chapter 3. Then they change their nicknames and pretend it never happened. Now, I'm not saying that YOU'LL do that. Of course you won't. You have three scanners (I have 2, by the way... myself being one of them).

Fact: You don't need three scanners for one project. You don't need three translators, 10 editors, or 3 coordinators, either. All you need is one person to slap some sense into you.
Old 2004-01-04, 11:24   Link #11
azn_FTG

okay okay i get it then i'd just offer the translators to any group that needs them

snoopy i get your point okay it may have beed a stupid thing to have done this but really the ppl who are translating ichigo don't seem to care about us that there is alot of hardcore fans waiting for the eng translations
Old 2004-01-04, 12:04   Link #12
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

There is no group that is deaf to the public's cries. It's impossible to drown all of them out... >_>

If they aren't working on something popular, then there IS a good reason for it. Even if they don't feel like writing it on a banner and dragging it behind them everywhere they go.

Oh and sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but you found my button.
Old 2004-01-04, 12:12   Link #13
Ookla The Mok

listen to snoopy... >_>
Old 2004-01-04, 12:33   Link #14
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Yes, oh great Snoopy who scanlates Midori no Hibi...
I prostrate before your greatness.
Old 2004-01-04, 13:09   Link #15
LBW
I like obscure crap

It's not that they don't care about the public (well they don't, but that's not the reason why they're not releasing more), they just don't have any frikking editors for it! >>';;
Old 2004-01-05, 18:20   Link #16
azn_FTG

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
It's not that they don't care about the public (well they don't, but that's not the reason why they're not releasing more), they just don't have any frikking editors for it! >>';;
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
There is no group that is deaf to the public's cries. It's impossible to drown all of them out... >_>

If they aren't working on something popular, then there IS a good reason for it. Even if they don't feel like writing it on a banner and dragging it behind them everywhere they go.

Oh and sorry if I came off a bit harsh, but you found my button.
well it may seem like it i just finish checking the forum and the things there are getting pretty bad cause the editor is pissed at all the ppl asking when when , also it's sort getting on my nerves cause if they were true fans then they should wait or at least go out and buy the manga it's just that some ppl make money of this and its' really wrong. I hope the ppl there don't just drop the project because of this upset
Old 2004-01-06, 02:17   Link #17
LBW
I like obscure crap

I don't understand your post at all.. >>
Old 2004-01-06, 19:42   Link #18
azn_FTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW
I don't understand your post at all.. >>

okay okay

i was in a forum to check up and then there was a fight going on saying that how the group is irresponsible doing a project and then hanging it but to make a long story short they ended in agreement and their will be releases soon

yeah yeah
Old 2004-01-07, 02:05   Link #19
LBW
I like obscure crap

Ah, I see..
Old 2004-01-13, 22:56   Link #20
azn_FTG

oh i need ppl who can read good chinese i'm only in grade 5 chinese so if anyone can help out plz email me
Closed Thread