AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-11, 07:23   Link #81
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
I don't deny his victory, just the fact that he needed a crack in the wall made for him to be able to break it down. He's still too weak. Far too weak. y'all be giving him way too much cred.
He went from a below average human to Ultimate-Class strength in 9 months. If that's not powering-up at neck-breaking speed I don't know what is.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 07:26   Link #82
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
He went from a below average human to Ultimate-Class strength in 9 months. If that's not powering-up at neck-breaking speed I don't know what is.
he's not growing strong at the speeds you're all giving him credit for. More than half the time, he's needed holes made by everyone else to beat the bad guy or win the fight. Leave him to his own devices against a strong opponent, and 8/10 times he'll fall.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 07:29   Link #83
B214

Quote:
he's not growing strong at the speeds you're all giving him credit for. More than half the time, he's needed holes made by everyone else to beat the bad guy or win the fight. Leave him to his own devices against a strong opponent, and 8/10 times he'll fall.
Well DxD's fight are mostly team base than individual base. Plus having friends to alongside is much better than it being like Dragon Ball where Issei takes all the spotlight while the others must wait for him to rescue them.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 07:31   Link #84
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Well DxD's fight are mostly team base than individual base. Plus having friends to alongside is much better than it being like Dragon Ball where Issei takes all the spotlight while the others must wait for him to rescue them.
that's cool and all, but it's starting to close in on Fairy Tail levels of nakama asspulls.
Old 2015-05-11, 07:35   Link #85
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
that's cool and all, but it's starting to close in on Fairy Tail levels of nakama asspulls.
There's still a looooong way until it gets that bad.

If sometime in the future Ise beats a villain because he's Ise I'll flip some tables. lol
Old 2015-05-11, 07:37   Link #86
Hk1117

Quote:

If sometime in the future Ise beats a villain because he's Ise I'll flip some tables. lol
I have a few ready for the occasion. we'll flip 'em together lol.
Old 2015-05-11, 07:43   Link #87
B214

Quote:

The only reason Ise can have to beat a villain is only one thing that is OPPAI! Don't get that wrong.
Old 2015-05-11, 07:50   Link #88
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
The only reason Ise can have to beat a villain is only one thing that is OPPAI! Don't get that wrong.
I know. I only used the 2nd worst moment in all of FT manga as a joke/comparison.
Spoiler for FT manga:

@EDIT: I just remembered, Ise already managed to beat a Maou-Class opponent with a (less effective) Boosted Gear. So that would mean that if we count skill as "strength" he actually could defeat someone like Serafall.
Old 2015-05-11, 08:17   Link #89
B214

For me, i'd say that is because of the surprise factor. Euclid was only prepared for the white Wyvern, therefore is caught offguard by the red Wyvern, plus the Longinus Smasher only hit Euclid because Rossweisse restrained Euclid.
Old 2015-05-11, 08:38   Link #90
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
I know. I only used the 2nd worst moment in all of FT manga as a joke/comparison.
Spoiler for FT manga:

@EDIT: I just remembered, Ise already managed to beat a Maou-Class opponent with a (less effective) Boosted Gear. So that would mean that if we count skill as "strength" he actually could defeat someone like Serafall.
FT just had a pretty retarded moment IMO in the last chapter. Issei pretty much already has beaten opponents because "he's Issei" He smacked the hell out of Kokabiel and Vali their first because of "only you" moments. I mean seriously he gets a SS level boost just because Rias says he gets boobage. He then beats vali to the point he was gonna use JD because he was gonna halve Rias's boobs. issei's victories early on bordered on idiocy. Admittedly he's gotten better at it after the fact.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 09:26   Link #91
Biohazardous

Quote:
Sairaorg trained his whole life and is considered the strongest Devil of his generation even without any Demonic Power. Ise managing to fight in even grounds with such a monster after 6 months of training, and beat him when he got hold of a Longinus as well is already an amazing feat in it's own.
Sometimes people forget how long the opponents Ise faces have been around verses the short time he has been a devil. Even a loss to Sairaorg after that long would have been a feat. Sairaorg would still have just about the same level of respect.

I really want to see a fully mastered CCQ. The power will probably be awesome. Maybe Ddraig will make a comment on it for us. Ddraig is perfect to help us get perspective on things.
Old 2015-05-11, 09:58   Link #92
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
FT just had a pretty retarded moment IMO in the last chapter. Issei pretty much already has beaten opponents because "he's Issei" He smacked the hell out of Kokabiel and Vali their first because of "only you" moments. I mean seriously he gets a SS level boost just because Rias says he gets boobage. He then beats vali to the point he was gonna use JD because he was gonna halve Rias's boobs. issei's victories early on bordered on idiocy. Admittedly he's gotten better at it after the fact.
Azazel said Ise wouldn't have beaten Kokabiel doesn't matter how many times he boosted. And if Vali hadn't run away, Ise would have lost completely, he didn't win, he just went up a notch for a certain amount of time for comical relief.
Old 2015-05-11, 10:02   Link #93
Archilla

Okay, so where do we feel comfortable putting Issei in terms of destructive capability with powerscaling? There's some decently divided opinions.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 10:10   Link #94
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
Okay, so where do we feel comfortable putting Issei in terms of destructive capability with powerscaling? There's some decently divided opinions.
Regular Ise, without anyone threatening the his family, probably is Island+ Buster.

If someone threaten his family however... I don't know, he scared the shit out of me in V6. I would say he could even go to Continent Buster, but I'm not too sure about that.
Old 2015-05-11, 10:16   Link #95
Archilla

Quote:
Regular Ise, without anyone threatening the his family, probably is Island+ Buster.

If someone threaten his family however... I don't know, he scared the shit out of me in V6. I would say he could even go to Continent Buster, but I'm not too sure about that.
I foresee a Beserk Button being hit in the future. Personally, I see Riz slapping Rias or something. Then we'll see some upward limits.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 10:24   Link #96
Biohazardous

Quote:

I could agree with base Ise levels. Full out rage Ise...Im talking the kind of rage that wants every ounce of power available within him would be scary. I'd fear him needing that kind of power I'd say it will very very easily take out a continent. Fully mastered and unlock no telling.
Old 2015-05-11, 10:47   Link #97
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Azazel said Ise wouldn't have beaten Kokabiel doesn't matter how many times he boosted. And if Vali hadn't run away, Ise would have lost completely, he didn't win, he just went up a notch for a certain amount of time for comical relief.
Okay i'll give u that i thought i said something akin to that but hey whatever

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 13:27   Link #98
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Yeah but we never see kazuya aoi train in it his always using CCQ
Guess he trained it offscreen, besides CCQ is just an improvised version of Triaina
However, if i am not mistaken he sometimes changes his pieces while in CCQ which probably means that he still uses Triaina (indirectly?) in fight, though i am not really sure about that.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 16:07   Link #99
Krudelu
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
About Crimson Blaster's Destructive capability:

From what I recall correctly, the first time Iseei used Dragon Blaster, he needed to boost (up to 30 times) in order to use Dragon Blaster.

Spoiler for Context from a Novel (Volume 9 Life 4 Part 5):

He also used the same city busting Dragon Blaster against base Sairaorg but only dealing little damage to base Sairaorg considering that Issei is already going all out in that fight. By the time he used unboosted Crimson Blaster in his CCQ (I don't recall him boosting while he's in his CCQ during that fight) , he's able to do significant damage to BB Sairaorg so it's easy to assume that Crimson Blaster (unboosted)>Dragon blaster

By Volume 11, during his fight against Shalba, he boosted before firing a a Crimson Blaster

Spoiler for Context from a Novel (Volume 11 Life 4 Part 3):

Well it's arguable that he only did that boosts to increase his physical hitting power that time. We know that he boosted 14 times on this on so that a multiplier of 2^14 (x16,384). If we consider that the boost he did also carries over to his Crimson Blaster, we can get this kind of destructive capability.

Dragon Blaster's DC * 2^14
(This is just the low end)

But if we consider that Crimson Blaster's DC(unboosted) > Dragon Blaster, we get:
>Dragon Blaster's DC * 2^14

I know that I don't have an exact value of TnT for Dragon Blaster's DC but at least I can (probably) guess where "Island level" (probably larger than a city or region sze island) DC for Crimson Blaster is coming from since we can easily apply the multiplier to Dragon Blaster's DC to get his max DC for Crimson Blaster he did so far.

For those who are saying that Issei is capable of being a Continent level buster, I think I know where its coming from.

Spoiler for Context from a Novel (Volume 4 Life 5 Part 2):

The point of the entire context above is the amount of boosts he performed. Him being able to catch up to Vali in speed with those boosts is just a bonus. Anyway:

Look at how many times he boosted that time. This is so far his biggest amount of boost he ever done so far considering it's his longest consecutive boost. By counting how many times he boosted, we can approximately tell that the multiplier he gets is around 2^47. I'm not saying that he's continent buster at that time (volume 4) but if he does this multiplier with his crimson blaster, it can potentially be continent buster (at least medium continent size). Potentially greater.

Now, what does 47 consecutive boosts equates to?

*2^47 = approx. *140,737,488,400,000 = approx. *1.407375e14

So that's about 140 TRILLION MULTIPLIER! DAMN!
This multiplier might be also the reason why a lot of people can easily buy into that lightspeed or FTL(MFTL if greater) Vali nonsense. It's funny how it's meant to be a hyperbole but there's somewhat of an actual backup that can potentially prove that the hyperbole may not be just a hyperbole but for real

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by Krudelu; 2015-05-12 at 16:28.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 19:01   Link #100
Chichiryuushintei

Apparently Ddraig was World+ Buster when he was alive only regarding physical prowess. Crazy shit will happen if Ise and Vali have a final fight after mastering their SGs. And it proves Fenrir was a joke both in the LN and in the anime. HD level my ass.