AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-15, 09:44   Link #81
warita
Dai-Youkai

After watching the first episode of Inu x Boku, I thought it is an interesting new take on the "ecchi maid" genre, except that in this series the genders are reversed. The maid is an obedient buttler and so far he hasnt offered us much fan service to my chagrin..... but Ririchiyo makes up for that with her loli charms, doesnt she?? Heck, it is an interesting compromise between an ecchi&loli series and a reversed maid setting and as such offers something to both female and male viewers.
The only thing that I regret is, that they didnt try to make this a reversed harem to begin with.... but who knows, maybe some new guys will start popping out soon, it is hard to tell after one episode.

As for the main male lead, the white haired buttler..... well, I cant help but compare with another buttler my heart beats for..... Sebastian. And frankly, Sebastian was sexiness in person due to his perfect manners, deadly skills and the barely tamed beast inside him. Even though he was always obedient, one could tell what Sebastian really is - a devil- with all its pluses and negatives. His voice so smooth and educated, yet laced with danger..... a dangerous toy indeed. And that made him interesting and sexy.

But I will wait with my judgement for the next few episodes. To judge a series after one episodes is always a bad idea. Please, do surprise me!!
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 10:54   Link #82
klare

normally dont watch shojo shows, but this one is funny and have a nice feel, so far
Old 2012-01-15, 11:22   Link #83
Bern-san

For those who think about Sebastian after watching Souchi, Inu x Boku and Kuroshitsuji authors made these crossover images:
Spoiler for translation?:

And here is a scan which includes a character not introduced yet (although you can see him in the trailer and the promotional images)
Spoiler for what the heck is Souchi doing with his arm?:
Old 2012-01-15, 12:34   Link #84
Ray
Garnet

The first episode sure was interesting. I seriously hope Ririchiyo and Souchi become a couple later on. :>
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 14:45   Link #85
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
normally dont watch shojo shows, but this one is funny and have a nice feel, so far
Surprisingly this is shounen. Remember that is just the demographic the magazine it's in is targeted towards, it definitely feels like something you would expect to see in a shoujo magazine though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:10   Link #86
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

For some odd reason, I had thought this series would start later in the year! <_<;

Anyway, saw the first ep...love Ririchiyo's character (henceforth, Riri for short). I don't normally like loli types but Riri's strong personality makes up for it. Renshou and Nobara are one funny pair. XD

So are all the tenant's half human and half-youki? Then what decides who is the SS and who is the "master/mistress"?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 15:36   Link #87
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

So are all the tenant's half human and half-youki? Then what decides who is the SS and who is the "master/mistress"?
They aren't really half, one of their ancestors had a relationship with a youkai, the trait is just more pronounced for them. Also I think it would have to do with the fact that most of the residents are from well off families so the SS are really their bodyguards. At least we know for a fact that Riri is like this and we can assume the scroll guy is the same because I doubt a common guy would have been able to hang around her long and he acted like he knew her really well.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 16:09   Link #88
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I thought that perhaps the SS had more/at least more recent yokai blood so they were actually the stronger in a pair. Also, it sounded like it was to the benefit of all the tenants, SS and the masters, to live together since that would keep them safer from full-blooded yokai (at least I think ice lady said something similar to that).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-15, 18:15   Link #89
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Okay - I hafta admit. I kinda like this. It's a kinda absurd story line, but the characters are engaging in a silly kinda way and they are super powered creatures to boot.

Poor burglar is all I gotta say ... talk about making bad decisions. A snow/ice woman ... a walking scroll ... an undead illusionist deadpan young woman ... the kyuubi butler and the main female lead ... who we don't know what she can do yet? And all at once.

The butler/fox spirit is definitely my fave thus far - he seems a lot more shrewd and clever than he lets on.

I dunno if I will "commit" to watching this series, but I will definitely give it a few more eps trial. I'll give ep 1 a 7/10 vote.
Old 2012-01-16, 18:15   Link #90
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Good episode and series so far.
Old 2012-01-19, 15:31   Link #91
Katapan
俺様祭り

Episode 2: Oh dear, that ED... is just too hilarious. That "shhh!" at the end killed me...

The adaptation's been quite satisfying so far - very faithful, consistent look, right music placement, all you need for a proper introduction until all the characters are set into place. But I do find that the biggest asset compared to the manga is having Nakamura Yuuichi on board, really. No one else could have pulled off Soushi that well.
They might have to break that 1 chapter = 1 episode pace at some point or another, though, going by what Raiga's said about a good stopping point - I haven't read that far myself. Well, it doesn't look like it's set to change next week either.
Old 2012-01-19, 16:18   Link #92
Ray
Garnet

Episode 2 was adorable. I love the rather lax atmosphere of the show; it makes for some really easy and enjoyable watching.

The ED was pretty funny, alright.

So, what exactly is Riri's demon form? She looks awesome with her horns and that spear. Especially the spear; I guess I just a have a thing for spear wielding warriors.

Looking forward to episode 3 ~
Old 2012-01-19, 17:12   Link #93
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
So, what exactly is Riri's demon form? She looks awesome with her horns and that spear. Especially the spear; I guess I just a have a thing for spear wielding warriors.
Spoiler for just in case people haven't seen the episode yet:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 17:20   Link #94
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Spoiler for Episode 2-A Lonely Dog:

This episode gets a 9/10. The comedy is in the right places, Ririchiyo is a pleasure to watch, and the supernatural stuff doesn't overwhelm the ordinary human stuff in it, which is really nice.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 17:42   Link #95
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Spoiler for just in case people haven't seen the episode yet:
Ahh, right. That makes sense. Thanks!
Old 2012-01-19, 18:03   Link #96
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2012-01-19, 20:40   Link #97
Moridin

This episode brought back some memories I didn't even know I still had Ririchiyo was soo cute at the end where she was all flustered over her first text message, and it made me think about my first.
Does anybody else still remember their's? I sent mine around 12 years ago, in 8th grade. I had had a phone for roughly a year. All my close friends had one and we always called eachother, but never texted. That summer I meet a girl and I sent my first text. I had the exact same feelings as Ririchiyo, although not as extreme.

This anime puts lots of effort in the little, subtle, things. As when the music instantly stopped when the mood changed at the playground. That is a sign of great anime in my book.

Liked the episode and looking forward to the next, I am hooked.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 21:46   Link #98
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, where does a Oni rank among mythical magic creatures?

This episode was overall ok since it's more introductions. Oh my gawd, Soushi's room! Ririchiyo is going to freak if she ever saw his room.
Old 2012-01-19, 21:58   Link #99
felekin

Yui is there! (just kidding around) Same voice actor and looks like her too, rofl.
Spoiler:

Last edited by felekin; 2012-01-19 at 22:09.
felekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 00:30   Link #100
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I still can't believe this series is categorized as a shounen. Aside from the fanboy service, everything else just gives shojo vibe.

Ep2 was good. Love their transformation - hope there's more with more action. I just adore Renshou. He adds just enough comic to the atmosphere without going over the top - it's funny. (Love his hidden pocket. )

Soushi's room...yeah, Riri would seriously be scared. But, dang, what I'd give to have such a large apartment complex as Riri's. My impression is that one entire floor is one room? Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
They aren't really half, one of their ancestors had a relationship with a youkai, the trait is just more pronounced for them.
Oh right, completely forgot.

Quote:
Also I think it would have to do with the fact that most of the residents are from well off families so the SS are really their bodyguards.
So I take it the SS are of lower class hired by the upper class then.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen