AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-03-05, 16:36   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, we figured that out . My wife reads manga and watches anime and both my son's girlfriends do so (but it took some browsing to find them).

-offtopic:
There's still a silly amount of social pressure for girls to avoid certain things (like playing with Legos, math, physics, gameplaying, certain hobbies) and I'd like to see those social pressures vanquished. I spend far too much time firing clues into my peers (the parents of people like most of the posters here) that their little girls should be playing sports, taking those "hard" courses and its alright to play video games, etc. The very attitude and assumption amongst young males that everyone in an FPS, watching an anime, or on the Net is a guy speaks to how much work remains.
-ontopic:

Looks like April is going to be a busy month between Lucky Star, Hidamari Sketch, Nanoha S., and all the other interesting stuff going on.
Old 2007-03-06, 04:09   Link #122
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe the execution will be different, but somehow a seinen moe title about girls that play video games doesn't seem to empower the female gender to me.

You've got teens (16 and 17 yos) drawn to look like grade schoolers.
Old 2007-03-12, 08:33   Link #123
NeoSam

Please look what image I added to the first post of this thread, what do you think, should I keep it ?

And lets now look at the lucky star guide book :P

Title of guide book:

らき☆すた おきらくガイドブック
Lucky☆Star Okiraku Guide Book

Image of guide book's cover:

Spoiler:

Pantsu Pantsu :P

Ahh also Volume 4 of the moe~ 4-panel manga will be released on April 10, 2007
Old 2007-03-12, 08:43   Link #124
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Please look what image I added to the first post of this thread, what do you think, should I keep it ?
Of course you should, it's =3
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 13:21   Link #125
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Finally we get to see a little more closely how the character design will look like

Old 2007-03-12, 13:34   Link #126
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Finally we get to see a little more closely how the character design will look like

Cute!

Those girls will surely go far in the next Saimoe tournament.
Old 2007-03-12, 15:22   Link #127
-Breakthrough-

Nice designs IMO. Konota with Haruhi = Moe awesomeness XD
Quote:
Those girls will surely go far in the next Saimoe tournament.
Damn straight they'll definitely go far when they got elected ^__^
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 21:14   Link #128
Skane
Anime Snark

I see that they are going to get the metallic-liquid eyes treatment. ^^; I notice that the background is very crayon-like though. I guess the usual background artists are getting a Spring vacation?

Man... I still think of that red marble( from Kanon(2006)) whenever I think of Lucky Star. Overkill.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-12, 21:18   Link #129
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe the execution will be different, but somehow a seinen moe title about girls that play video games doesn't seem to empower the female gender to me.

You've got teens (16 and 17 yos) drawn to look like grade schoolers.
You just described Manabi Straight as well. Maybe there's a trend for this kind of thing.
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 01:38   Link #130
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

If I have to choose between (Bratz, Barbie Shops, etc) or (Manabi Straight,LuckyStar,Azumanga) to show a young girl.... its an easy choice
Old 2007-03-13, 04:09   Link #131
NeoSam

And now for a moe~ moe~ calendar :P

Title of calendar:
らき☆すた おきらく着せ替えカレンダー
Lucky☆Star Okiraku Kisekae Calender

Moe~ cosplay calendar

Released on: February 7, 2007
Price: 1680 Yen

Some images:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-13, 14:13   Link #132
FireChick

I'll be using my computer instead of my dad's (which I'm most usually on) because my dad is ordering new parts for it. Luckily my anime episodes and story chapters are saved. Sorry I went off-topic. Just felt like letting you know. Back on topic....Ooooooooh! They did a really cool anime version of Miyuki! She looks pretty! Konata, Tsukasa and Kagami's anime versions look so adorable!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 00:06   Link #133
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If I have to choose between (Bratz, Barbie Shops, etc) or (Manabi Straight,LuckyStar,Azumanga) to show a young girl.... its an easy choice
Hmmm... what about a third option? Something like SuperGals.

Still stylised, and sort of cute, but not really kiddie.
BatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 12:14   Link #134
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuke CP9 View Post
Nice designs IMO. Konota with Haruhi = Moe awesomeness XD

Damn straight they'll definitely go far when they got elected ^__^
I don't think that was really intentional so much as they were pasted on to share the cover of a girls heroine themed magazine and should be seen as complete seperate rather than with each other in the traditional buddy buddy sense (i.e interacting).

Gotta hand it to them for the nice touch up on the characters, making them not look quite as triangular. This is probably the second anime to look much better than the manga, the first being Black Cat, the all time champ of artistic improvement in all sectors.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 12:54   Link #135
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There are now strong indications (including the ad poster below) that this will be a "2 kuur" (i.e., two season, or 24-episode) anime. This seems like a bad idea for an anime of this kind. One person on 2 channel posted that although he is a fan of the comic, he doesn't think it should go two seasons. We'll see. I love Hidamari Sketch, for example, but 12-13 episodes is definitely going to be enough.

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but there is an English advertising poster for the anime. I guess it's genuine. The English advertising suggests to me that KyoAni may be aiming for quick international licensing:

I suspect that voice-recording is already underway, so I hope they made the decision to go 24 episodes based on the excellence of the first couple of episodes, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 13:00   Link #136
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There are now strong indications (including the ad poster below) that this will be a "2 kuur" (i.e., two season, or 24-episode) anime. This seems like a bad idea for an anime of this kind.
I was just going to say the same thing, except from my perspective it's a good thing. I almost always find 12-13 episode shows way too short -- it seems to me that, too often, they're over just as you're getting into it. Of course that's just personal preference though.

Quote:
I don't know if this has been posted here before, but there is an English advertising poster for the anime. I guess it's genuine. The English advertising suggests to me that KyoAni may be aiming for quick international licensing
Well, because it's from Kadokawa Pictures, they're probably going to partner with a company and release it themselves, just as they've done with FMP:TSR, Haruhi, and The Third.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 13:16   Link #137
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
There are now strong indications (including the ad poster below) that this will be a "2 kuur" (i.e., two season, or 24-episode) anime. This seems like a bad idea for an anime of this kind. One person on 2 channel posted that although he is a fan of the comic, he doesn't think it should go two seasons. We'll see. I love Hidamari Sketch, for example, but 12-13 episodes is definitely going to be enough.

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but there is an English advertising poster for the anime. I guess it's genuine. The English advertising suggests to me that KyoAni may be aiming for quick international licensing:

I suspect that voice-recording is already underway, so I hope they made the decision to go 24 episodes based on the excellence of the first couple of episodes, lol.
Hey, well now we'll finally get to see how they can peform when they don't have the script all but written and handed to them to animate. Unless each episode is 5 minutes long of course, which is always a possibility given the nature of the comic.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 13:21   Link #138
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Unless each episode is 5 minutes long of course, which is always a possibility given the nature of the comic.
Do you mean like "episodes-within-an-episode"? I guess that would be one option; it's definitely been done before. The actual episodes themselves, though, will be full-length.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 13:35   Link #139
NeoSam

Wow >.< the cover of volume 4 is so moe >.<

Here's the cover of volume 4 of the seinen manga Lucky☆Star

Seinen manga.
Currently serialized in the male oriented magazine Comptiq.
Release date: April 10, 2007
Price: 798 yen
Old 2007-03-22, 13:43   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It depends completely on the amount of material they have from the manga to work with. Azumanga Daioh had the entire 4 volume set to work with -- arguably they could have lopped off 4 or 5 episodes worth of material with no loss of continuity but somewhere some fan would have been a sad puppy.

If L*S has enough material (I've got to look up that star alt code) to run two seasons... then w00t. Since what I've read of it really seems "day to day" rather than some long storyline, it'll depend on the quantity of funny per second (kind of like Penny Arcade has good days and not-so-good days).

edit: Lucky☆Star (ah that works)

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen