AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-07-30, 16:45   Link #2081
xeon921

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I love the fact that this manga and its spoilers, always brings smiles to the faces of users that have read crappy manga in the week^^.
I agree with this, except when I see Haruna in the chapter
xeon921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 17:02   Link #2082
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks a lot for the summary, Used Can!

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-30, 17:19   Link #2083
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-30, 17:22   Link #2084
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Like Ren gives a damn about Rito. He just wants him out of the way to get Lala himself.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 17:32   Link #2085
kusanagi25

Rito is to blinded to see who he really loves is right in front of him
kusanagi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 18:26   Link #2086
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thanks a lot for the summary, Used Can!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Like Ren gives a damn about Rito. He just wants him out of the way to get Lala himself.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-30, 18:44   Link #2087
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
Indeed. It's one of the main reasons I prefer manga Lala over the anime one. The anime should have shown more of her caring side instead of always making her look like a ditz.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Further proof that we're truly headed towards a harem end. Usually the lead stubbornly clings to his original love, but here the walls are slowly coming down. And you can bet Mea and Momo will bring the hammers

Quote:
Spoiler:
And with this, Ren indirectly (and unknowingly) supports the harem plan
Old 2011-07-30, 18:45   Link #2088
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Spoiler:

and yeah I agree. Screw Haruna. I didn't even like her from the start
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-30, 19:58   Link #2089
MAX_COLA_POWER!

You know something? We need like a group of hierarchy in this thread. We're already all together, but we need some leaders. I nominate Kanon and Forte for president and vice-president of spoiler and pic providin.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 02:53   Link #2090
zibi88

but seriously there is something I dont get it...
Spoiler for hmm...:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 03:08   Link #2091
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Man I really need to see those raws.

Rito can easily make a harem if he chooses to, but that would probably be reserved for the ending.
Old 2011-07-31, 03:55   Link #2092
Used Can

I think that's part of the point of Darkness. Notice that, little by little, Rito is starting to consider the harem idea. He's not being weird at having second thoughts about it, since outside certain cultures, harems are just not a possibility. Monogamy is just part of most people's common sense when it comes down to serious relationships. Despite having aliens invading his life for quite a while now, Rito is still an earthling, mainly Japanese.

We know a harem is no problem in Devilukian royalty, but what about Memoruze or the other space girls? I really wonder if Yui or Haruna would be okay with that idea. Momo thinks a harem is perfect, because she thinks if everyone gets Rito, everyone is happy. But for some people, having to share their partner doesn't equal to happiness.

If Darkness does end with a harem end, I'd really want to see how that is delivered.
Old 2011-07-31, 04:31   Link #2093
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I think is time to Rito, to start to thinking seriously,to Momo's plan...
I think his character is the first that needs to change..,become a little more man,
from the 'beginning of the series, his character developed little...is a good boy.., but,his act,is like a child..,the girls are all for him..would be nice to see Rito take the step with all the girls, one by one..his character.., need to change a bit..
However, i hope really for Harem ending,this is the best conclusion,and would be the best anding in manga harem I have seen
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 06:08   Link #2094
Soraya21

Spoiler for spoiler talk:

Quote:
I think that's part of the point of Darkness. Notice that, little by little, Rito is starting to consider the harem idea. He's not being weird at having second thoughts about it, since outside certain cultures, harems are just not a possibility. Monogamy is just part of most people's common sense when it comes down to serious relationships. Despite having aliens invading his life for quite a while now, Rito is still an earthling, mainly Japanese.

We know a harem is no problem in Devilukian royalty, but what about Memoruze or the other space girls? I really wonder if Yui or Haruna would be okay with that idea. Momo thinks a harem is perfect, because she thinks if everyone gets Rito, everyone is happy. But for some people, having to share their partner doesn't equal to happiness.

If Darkness does end with a harem end, I'd really want to see how that is delivered.
I agree, and this is also one of the main reasons why I like Darkness. Sure, there are a lot of other bishoujo/harem series out there. But this is possibly the first of its kind which seriously tries to tackle the harem concept from start to finish while also including all the would-be complications associated with it.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 06:57   Link #2095
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for chapter 10:

Quote:

Yui would definitely be strongly against it at first, as she tried to make Rito promise he wouldn't do anything shameless with any other girls if she offered herself up to him in chapter 4. Haruna, I don't know. I think she'll probably more open to the idea than Yui at least.
Old 2011-07-31, 07:36   Link #2096
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Spoiler:

IMO, if Rito ends up as a king then I think this harem would be possible but if not then, this harem will all be just a dream.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 07:37   Link #2097
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yui would definitely be strongly against it at first, as she tried to make Rito promise he wouldn't do anything shameless with any other girls if she offered herself up to him in chapter 4. Haruna, I don't know. I think she'll probably more open to the idea than Yui at least.
well but we can see that Yui is more and more jelous over Rito... as she stated that promise... and in run chapter she tailed them (and it took some hours as it gone from day to dark ^^)

so we can see a little contrast here....Yui is less open for the idea of polygamy (at least that how it looks like) than haruna (who thinks only lala is the other person besides her)..... but Yui at least tries to be closer to Rito (which is very hard and kinda emberessing to her since its kinda against her own ideals :P).... than Haruna which is kinda in a vegetable state (throught full series so far)

Haruna doesnt even try to get closer... she waits for Rito to be served to her on a silver plate just like that... and I guess she is aware only of Lala as her love rival and since she knows about lala's feeling and her OK with her as 2nd wife of rito... she is ok with current life style and doesnt do anything to change that... sits on her ass for the whole day...

I cant wait for the time... where Haruna comes to realize that there are lots of other girls around rito that too love him.... and they show to try hard to make him love them... become greates idol or be more open at heart to him [yui, yami,mea, momo]....... so maybe that slap in the face of this reality will wake her up and make her "do something"..... since sitting whole day at home and depend only on Lala's kindness which allows her to get closer to rito (lala "needs" to phone her to make her visit ritos house... she wont come out of her own desire...)

the reality should be like: If you dont try to get something... you wont get it

and if we look on the whole manga we see that haruna can get only closer to rito by kindness of Lala and Nana (like the chap where nana summoned the animals... she called haruna in order to get maron to meet mea).... alone without that help she doesnt move anywhere...sits whole day at home and imagins herself with rito >__< damn its hardcore xD

I woudlnt be supprised if in one chapter Run will talk with Kyoko about her progress with rito... so maybe even kyoko gets closer to rito than haruna xD (since rito was the first guy to see her totaly naked [on a street aley]... and got even his back raped by her breasts.... yet even she admited that he is nice & cute and she is ok for him to see her naked >_<)

ehhh I wonder when the chapter will appear (raw form)...

Spoiler for hmm...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Spoiler:

IMO, if Rito ends up as a king then I think this harem would be possible but if not then, this harem will all be just a dream.
Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by zibi88; 2011-07-31 at 07:49.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 08:02   Link #2098
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soraya21 View Post
I agree, and this is also one of the main reasons why I like Darkness. Sure, there are a lot of other bishoujo/harem series out there. But this is possibly the first of its kind which seriously tries to tackle the harem concept from start to finish while also including all the would-be complications associated with it.
Yup, the only other candidate for harem-ending which would also make sense, is Sekirei. For TLR to have a harem ending is actually the best choice, despite me being CharaxChara shipper, because the whole comedy-ecchi setting fits quite easy into it. You don't have drama-fail and overcoming hardships in order to get A together with B and this makes it easy for TLR's harem route.

@Rito making a move: The easiest way to initialize it next to him having received the fitting mindset, would be to use Yuu. It was a great idea of Yabuki to let Rito befriend him in TLR1, but he didn't use the possiblities correctly (mainly because of the axed ending I think).With him Rito would have a male to ask for advices instead of Momo's troll attempts and Mikan's non-help even if she knows about the a few of the other girls feelings ( eg. Yui + the honmei-valentine chocolate)
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 08:45   Link #2099
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Yup, the only other candidate for harem-ending which would also make sense, is Sekirei. For TLR to have a harem ending is actually the best choice, despite me being CharaxChara shipper, because the whole comedy-ecchi setting fits quite easy into it. You don't have drama-fail and overcoming hardships in order to get A together with B and this makes it easy for TLR's harem route.
Really, I feel like one of the reasons for this is that the girls in this manga get along really well. Even when there are character-specific chapters, there still might be another heroine there helping them along. It's something I really like about this manga.

Spoiler for Chapter 10:
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 11:20   Link #2100
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Umm, no guys, you're getting the entire development wrong. Rito is going to do that because
Spoiler:

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen