Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-11-14, 16:43   Link #601
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
It sounds so easy to become a rank 1 lolz
As stated before, it's really more of a testament to how weak Seidokan currently is.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 16:56   Link #602
KnightShade

good episode.

kirin truly is a strong character in a lot of ways. i liked how she resolved her issues with her uncle under her own power (casually blocking his punch was badass). i also really like the fight afterward; ayato simply used his other skills to overcome the difference in swordsmanship, resulting in a creative win where kirin still looks strong even though ayato got the w.

i do think the indecisiveness of ayato regarding julis in the cave was typical beta, but at least it wasn't in a dense way that makes ayato come off as a moron. ayato may have the badass skills and lines but his romance game is lackin

so it looks like the allekant duo is up to no good with those bots, cant wait for the next episode.

ps my nephew kept pointing at kirins rack in the cave scene and saying "boobs" lmao. either kirin grew to quick or kids are learning faster than ever XD
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 16:56   Link #603
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Pretty standard episode. Kirin conquered on the emotional and the fighting aspect. A smart move for Ayato. There's no way he can beat Kirin in terms of swordsmanship. So the only way really to win is to ignore his most powerful weapon and use the flexibility of his combat style. Can't win with swords, but throw in daggers, lances, and grappling and he's got a good shot at it. A bit too bad for Kirin going down like that, but at least she's grown from the experience.

I do appreciate her standing up to her Uncle and basically going with a polite "enough of that" stance. No longer that intimidated, just calmly dealing with him. In that respect this is a good result since her biggest regret was freezing up with that criminal, but she'd never grow past that state if she was constantly bullied by her Uncle. Although...I'm not sure what her plan is to help her father out by herself. Walking on your own is fine, but if it means she fails at what she wanted to accomplish....is that the best result?

Luckily, it seems like the data recording on Ayato from that underground fight didn't capture his weakness. Gaining data on his skills is worrisome, but it'd be devastating if word spread on his time limit problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
NSFW
Jailbait
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Well it's not like the ticket on board that jail bus wasn't already stamped earlier . Hopefully can get a window seat. There's just no ignoring that.
Old 2015-11-14, 17:04   Link #604
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well it's not like the ticket on board that jail bus wasn't already stamped earlier . Hopefully can get a window seat. There's just no ignoring that.
dont worry we'll bust you out along with mangatron
Old 2015-11-14, 17:07   Link #605
GDB

My only complaint was at the end when the Uncle was going to hit Kirin and Ayato stopped him. Felt it would've been better from both a character building point of view and a "stop being so damned cliche" point of view if Julis or Claudia had been the one to catch his hand instead. Harem McMC doesn't have to be the only one to do everything.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 17:10   Link #606
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
My only complaint was at the end when the Uncle was going to hit Kirin and Ayato stopped him. Felt it would've been better from both a character building point of view and a "stop being so damned cliche" point of view if Julis or Claudia had been the one to catch his hand instead. Harem McMC doesn't have to be the only one to do everything.
should have been claudia if i had the choice, would have help made uncle being scared of her that much more effective.
Old 2015-11-14, 17:28   Link #607
rladls2121

Kirin is now a free woman.

And there's an unusual confrontation between Kirin and Saya.
Saya is really going to be a unintentionaly humorous character in some other way.
I like it really.

Kirin's uncle, and his stress, I know that I don't have really much to say in this but, thinking about how his life so far and ended up as is, I rather hope for him and Kirin's reconcile though.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 17:30   Link #608
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I do appreciate her standing up to her Uncle and basically going with a polite "enough of that" stance. No longer that intimidated, just calmly dealing with him. In that respect this is a good result since her biggest regret was freezing up with that criminal, but she'd never grow past that state if she was constantly bullied by her Uncle. Although...I'm not sure what her plan is to help her father out by herself. Walking on your own is fine, but if it means she fails at what she wanted to accomplish....is that the best result?
Well, how was she going to free her father with her uncle? Was he even useful at all?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 17:37   Link #609
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Kirin is now a free woman.

And there's an unusual confrontation between Kirin and Saya.
Saya is really going to be a humorous character in some other way.
I like it really.

Kirin's uncle, and his stress, I know that I don't have really much to say in this but, thinking about how his life so far and ended up as is, I rather hope for him and Kirin's reconcile though.
i'm glad it didn't at that point. too often shows like these will redeem shady people too quickly(Louis el bridgette anyone). yeah later down road is fine but sudden face turns are way too cliche, so in that regard gakusen rightfully avoided the trope.
Old 2015-11-14, 17:40   Link #610
rladls2121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, how was she going to free her father with her uncle? Was he even useful at all?
And Kirin had to believe in him at that time because I think she was not sure of anything else.
But Julis is walking by her own feet to win the Phoenix Tournament to financially support the orphanage.

And this tournament's prize, just what exactly is it?
Unless the prize conditions actually enough for what Kirin needs for her father's freedom, I don't know if her objective is achieved just by winning the whole thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
i'm glad it didn't at that point. too often shows like these will redeem shady people too quickly(Louis el bridgette anyone). yeah later down road is fine but sudden face turns are way too cliche, so in that regard gakusen rightfully avoided the trope.
I agree.
People like Lester and Kirin's uncle, all these faces with painful looking strains, I don't want to be like that.
And with those kinds of faces, redeeming at a short time is imbossible.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 17:58   Link #611
Wandering Soul

Props to Kirin for standing up to her uncle. It really is too bad he won't be able to see past his prejudice.

A clever strategy on Ayato's part. Knew he couldn't win when it came to swords so he went with a more unexpected battle plan.

So Kirin and Saya are going to form a team. They should work well together.
Old 2015-11-14, 18:00   Link #612
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

YES!!! Bring me to jail!!!
Kirin is love, Kirin is life... <3
I thought she just become legal since she just had her birthday oh well, Happy Belated Birthday, Kirin-chan

The fight with "Leviathan" actually let me down a bit since it ended too fast
but after that... that half-naked scenes are beautiful... I can't get enough of Kirin's face and voice and boo--- uhmm, sorry...
The time when she fought back her uncle is also well-done. She still kept her gratitude toward her uncle even if the uncle never see her as nephew or even human being
The fight against Ayato is actually "cheat" since it is pretty obvious that Ayato could not beat Kirin by sword-fight.. He need more than one weapon to beat and even put some decoys
If Kirin want to challenge again, I think Kirin could easily become Rank 1 again since that decoys won't work twice

Kirin-Saya combi somehow become more balanced and interesting than Ayato-Julis combi
meanwhile, Claudia interfere in the most perfect way to save Kirin

about the conversation in the cave... no Kirin.. you have no chance with Ayato since you deserved better.. here.. let Onii-san pat your head :P
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 18:13   Link #613
Heir of the Void

Huh. Kirin and Saya.

I, for one, welcome our new midget overlords.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 18:14   Link #614
KnightShade

^it's less cheating and more unbalance. the latter implies that duels have to be strictly sword fights/1 weapon fights which never was the case. a balanced fight and a fair one aren't the same thing.

this fight confirms that as ayato currently is, even if he had used a smaller sword the first fight, kirin would still have an edge in swordsmanship. it may be her only strength but look how far she got with it.
Old 2015-11-14, 18:20   Link #615
Phantomlurker

They did the nessie fight better than I thought, also the way they showed the conjoined cranes was pretty original and really good (it reminded me I suck at origamy too). Next episode is a date for two 2 huh... I don't remember a date there, so it might be a filler. Well, they have the time to afford it and it could help establish some plot points, so no complains there.

(Jumps through window)
YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!! I AM STILL IN JULIS'S TEAM ANYWAY!!

Last edited by Flower; 2015-11-14 at 19:14. Reason: Please do not use screenshots with watermarks from illegal streaming sites.
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 18:26   Link #616
Arya

Fine episode, it went as expected, I found the undressed scene a bit unnecessary, but whatever, Kirin extra cuteness made up for that.
Glad she freed herself from his uncle and stopping him like that was badass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yep, since she did it herself once, even twice would have been fine, since she would have showed clearly her resolve, but yeah in terms of showing she found her place having julis or Saya doing so would have worked way better. Claudia already did her best dealing with him as she did, she didn't have to move a finger.
The fight was good, even if I liked the first one more.
Horraay, Saya and Kirin team up!!
Ernesta should go out from her lab more often.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 18:27   Link #617
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Who knows. The problem is we never got any information on how Kirin intends to help her father. So there is no telling about whether working with her Uncle helps her cause or not. We're just told what her goal is and given very little otherwise. We have the goal but no information on the actual plan.

I mean does becoming some elite at this school or in general give her legal powers to get people out of prison? Or is she just training to become strong enough to break him out of prison ?

That's kind of my issue for this episode. We don't know either way. We know that her Uncle was a terrible person, but not what he was doing to help her or what is needed in order to free her father.
Old 2015-11-14, 18:31   Link #618
KnightShade

Quote:
Who knows. The problem is we never got any information on how Kirin intends to help her father. So there is no telling about whether working with her Uncle helps her cause or not. We're just told what her goal is and given very little otherwise. We have the goal but no information on the actual plan.

I mean does becoming some elite at this school or in general give her legal powers to get people out of prison? Or is she just training to become strong enough to break him out of prison ?

That's kind of my issue for this episode. We don't know either way. We know that her Uncle was a terrible person, but not what he was doing to help her or what is needed in order to free her father.
well we know the festa pays money as thats why julis is here.
we know her uncle picks her fights which is why she got to #1
putting two and two together the festa would have been enough to bail him out

still the extra context that was cut would have helped.
Old 2015-11-14, 18:34   Link #619
Arya

Quote:

I thought that the plan was that Kirin winning the tournament would have opened his uncle the doors to become an IEF executive. So if he became it he would have done *something* to free her father. That, letting aside the self interest problem already mentioned by Claudia and also the possibility he wouldn't have kept his word.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 18:34   Link #620
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
well we know the festa pays money as thats why julis is here.
we know her uncle picks her fights which is why she got to #1
putting two and two together the festa would have been enough to bail him out

still the extra context that was cut would have helped.
Wait you can just buy people out of prison in this world? Dang, the rich must have a pretty relaxed time then .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I thought that the plan was that Kirin winning the tournament would have opened his uncle the doors to become an IEF executive. So if he became it he would have done *something* to free her father. That, letting aside the self interest problem already mentioned by Claudia and also the possibility he wouldn't have kept his word.
That is the kind of thing I'm worried about. There was definitely the issue that he may not have been able to do what he promised in the end....but that was at least a shot. Hopefully some future episodes outline her actual plan a bit better.

Tags
action, ecchi, harem, light novel adaptation, ps vita