AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-01, 12:57   Link #141
James Rye

This show got hands down the best expressions. Loved it when the girls washed off their make-up and where all CRAPCRAPCRAP or when Tae lost all her limbs. xD
Seems Junko is a little too popular? If somebody looks into her past and notice that she should be dead.....
Old 2018-11-01, 12:57   Link #142
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Ep 5 is when you realize you are just watching a gigantic ads for the Saga prefecture disguised as a zombie show disguising a parody idol show.

Or something like that.

It's based on the real Drive-in Tori publicity. They even had the president voice himself in this episode.
I KNOW i should not be surprise that was a real place but this...yeah....but that pay for the anime in a way
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 13:00   Link #143
James Rye

Another great thing was Saki's "YOU FAIL AT SAGA!!!" comment whenever she got excited by Shades new gig and the others were "what is that?". Girl is infected with the Idol virus for real.
Old 2018-11-01, 13:04   Link #144
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Another great thing was Saki's "YOU FAIL AT SAGA!!!" comment whenever she got excited by Shades new gig and the others were "what is that?". Girl is infected with the Idol virus for real.
She was from Saga to begin with?
Old 2018-11-01, 13:12   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nice bird!

That was the funniest episode so far. I pretty much laughed from start to finish. So many good jokes here.

I thought that one guy had recognized Tae and we were finally going to learn more about her but it was Junko he spotted. Should still help move the zombie plot forward.

I like that they're actually advertising Saga. They're revitalizing it in real life too!
Old 2018-11-01, 13:23   Link #146
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Seems Junko is a little too popular? If somebody looks into her past and notice that she should be dead.....
Legendary Junko is the idol that ignited the idol boom of the early 80s according to the first episode. I took it to mean she was crazy popular 30-40 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
She was from Saga to begin with?
Her biker gang "conquered" the entire of Kyushu where Saga prefecture is, she's probably from the area at least.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 15:45   Link #147
kari-no-sugata II

For once Glasses jerk has a line I really liked: You guys are gonna be so shocked your hearts might start beating!

The style is sometimes a bit too cringey for me but oh there are so many laugh-out-loud funny bits. Zombie girls giving you the dead-pan stare is the best!
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 15:49   Link #148
coded321
He Who Games

i like how the girls wont hesitate to kick the producer's ass when he goes too far with them
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 16:34   Link #149
Dop
Mmmm....

Saki getting all excited over Saga local specialties was hilarious, as was meting out punishment to the producer, who's starting to get the kind of treatment he deserves.

Drive-in Tori being a real thing is wonderful. Though you do have to wonder how they explained the story to the owners. "Well, we're going to advertise you in our show. It's about idols!"
"Idols, really?"
"Yes. Zombie idols!"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 16:46   Link #150
James Rye

I read somewhere that the Voice of the President of Drive-in Tori was the real President of Drive-in Tori. Free advertisement! xD
Old 2018-11-01, 17:01   Link #151
Requiem-x
The slacking one

That's more like it! I wanted to say this show does best when it goes away from being about idols... but after remembering all the weird stuff I've been told actual idols have to do, a more proper way to put it would be it goes away from being about the kirakira and dokidoki side of idols. Want to get to a stage? Crawl through the mud! Literally.

Jokes from beginning to end, Saki and Tae being awesome, and Sakura being the anti-protagonist. What else can you ask? Well, apparently things will get ugly next episode, but at least for reasons other than being idol is hard (unless Junko has some skeletons in her closet), so I want to see where it goes.

Quote:
Ep 5 is when you realize you are just watching a gigantic ads for the Saga prefecture disguised as a zombie show disguising a parody idol show.

Or something like that.

It's based on the real Drive-in Tori publicity. They even had the president voice himself in this episode.
I knew it! That guy sounded way too much like an actual japanese middle aged man!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 21:08   Link #152
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Tae eating raw chicken and that person in the chicken suit Then theres playing in the mud got to say that is a big swing

So he got hit twice this time
Old 2018-11-02, 09:29   Link #153
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:

Or something like that.

An we are perfectly OK with that!
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 11:22   Link #154
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
The VA's had to do the mud competition for real
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/s...21047381876742
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 12:40   Link #155
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So it went into zombie as idol promoting Saga district.

I'm kinda skeptical when it comes to anime promoting certain area like this, but I have to admit they made the mud challenge seems fun.
Of course, once again, Tae prove that she's the one that actually carrying the team. Its hilarious to see them crawling like actual zombie to help Tae. LOL.

Quote:
Her biker gang "conquered" the entire of Kyushu where Saga prefecture is, she's probably from the area at least.
In previous episodes, Saki is said talking in Saga dialect.
So yes, she's come from Saga like all other members (although Tae still being legendary mysterious person).
Old 2018-11-02, 12:55   Link #156
Wandering Soul

That was a pretty fun episode all around. The facial expressions, the fact that the girls now give the manager the treatment he deserves, the reaction the girls have when they realized they washed off their make up, and other parts just made this the funniest episode for me.
Old 2018-11-04, 15:11   Link #157
DemonneoPT

NICE BIRDU, NICE BIRDU!!! Omg, this killed me. The Producer's VA is having the time of his life doing this role..lol. Episode 5 was just hilarious as hell with epic facial expressions and having our characters being involved in funny/stupid situations all the time! I'm glad they returned to full parody just like the first two episodes. I had a smile on my face during the entire episode. Fantastic. It's for episodes like this i gave an idol anime a chance. Keep it going
I predict more hilarious moments to come with this new guy recognizing one of the zombies. I'm looking forward to it!!!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 15:36   Link #158
kari-no-sugata II

I wonder if Koutarou is a zombie as well.

If he's not then I wonder how he can be so nonchalant around zombies.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 19:22   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
I wonder if Koutarou is a zombie as well.

If he's not then I wonder how he can be so nonchalant around zombies.
As far as we know, he made them. Pretty good reason for him to be at ease with them.
Old 2018-11-06, 21:06   Link #160
Nivek von Beldo

Ai Mizuno was always hidden on plain sight https://www.facebook.com/Oficial.Ani...5797996513169/

second 16 to 20

Tags
comedy (actually funny), horror comedy, satire, truck-san strikes again, zombie idols?