AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-03-02, 01:05   Link #1941
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
00Q stats IS better than SF. It has one of the best overall stats.
I am not arguing with you regards to the stats. but in the long run, S-Freedom is a more viable solution. You argue that the EN limitation has S-Freedom hampered, but if we take into consideration the fact that when managed correctly, The S-Freedom has more bang for buck with regards to the quality of usage. Sure, the 00Q has a triple lock by Trans-AM but it has limited range. The S-Freedom combines the three facets nicely by having: a MAP attack, a triple lock attack, dragoons, melee, and mid range weaponry. in the long run, The Strike Freedom will have more use because it's simply more functional. yes, it is a little guzzler but that's nothing a deuterion beam emitter/reciever cannot fix. If you think about it, with the S-Freedom's range and the Deuterion beam emitter, the SF can solo battles if you want to. The same can be said of the 00Q, but range is everything, which would be bad since most enemies have wider gaps between suits. This isn't a diss on 00Q. I use one and it's mostly to provide backup to the onslaught that the Freedom/Strike Freedom/Double X wreak in the battlefield.
Old 2011-03-02, 03:22   Link #1942
tetsuo69

im in search of a save data that starts with max money XD
Old 2011-03-02, 06:22   Link #1943
kenshinstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I am not arguing with you regards to the stats. but in the long run, S-Freedom is a more viable solution. You argue that the EN limitation has S-Freedom hampered, but if we take into consideration the fact that when managed correctly, The S-Freedom has more bang for buck with regards to the quality of usage. Sure, the 00Q has a triple lock by Trans-AM but it has limited range. The S-Freedom combines the three facets nicely by having: a MAP attack, a triple lock attack, dragoons, melee, and mid range weaponry. in the long run, The Strike Freedom will have more use because it's simply more functional. yes, it is a little guzzler but that's nothing a deuterion beam emitter/reciever cannot fix. If you think about it, with the S-Freedom's range and the Deuterion beam emitter, the SF can solo battles if you want to. The same can be said of the 00Q, but range is everything, which would be bad since most enemies have wider gaps between suits. This isn't a diss on 00Q. I use one and it's mostly to provide backup to the onslaught that the Freedom/Strike Freedom/Double X wreak in the battlefield.

Of course, I'm not saying 00Q outclasses SF in every aspect. Like you said, SF has the range covered better than 00Q. However, EN usage is also a very important factor, sure you can depend on OP or Deuterion beam but it is not very dependable in an intense fight. 00Q also deals more dmg overall than SF with higher power in melee and range weapons. In my case, SF is mostly providing support by utilizing its range and conserving its EN while the hard hitters like 00Q and Susanowo solos groups. 00Q can solo really easily without too much concern over EN usage and sword bits can cover the range part. SF for me is just too heavy on EN usage to use as solo. To each his own I guess.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 21:36   Link #1944
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

does anyone know which unit trades in for Gundam X ?

i recall i saw it when i trade it with something like Wing Gundam, Master Gundam...argh i forgot which unit trades in for it.

Anyone know?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 23:07   Link #1945
zeroexia
he is a CHAR

I haven't been able to play much but I got OQQ a while ago. It's multilock is pretty damaging and it's Sword Bits give good range and Setsuna in the cockpit makes everything better with his random shoutings.

HOWEVER, I still like my Strike Freedom better. Of course this is probably due to the fact that my Strike Freedom is Level 26 and Kira Yamato is 29 in comparison to Level 2 OOQ and Level 12 Setsuna.

I don't really know how the system works but currently my Kira Yamato gets +7 in most stats and when in Awakening mode, gets a +30 to Awakening. That being said, the range on all its moves, especially the DRAGOONS, is ridiculous. You can seriously kill everything on the entire map or most of the map on one turn. And the fact that my Strike Freedom generates enough Energy per turn to have multiple attacks, means I never need it to return to ship, 18 energy for such long distance attacks is hax.

Of course, OOQ will probably have higher stats and more damage if at the same level but for now my Strike Freedom basically is a one-man army that destroys everything and dodges every attack. Perhaps it's just Kira and his +30 awakening, I'm not sure how Setsuna works out.
zeroexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 09:23   Link #1946
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

A Strike Freedom costs smaller, and is so much better with it's range. The 00Q, which quite frankly was a letdown in animation( too much reused 00R scenes). Frankly the 00Q has the same role as 00R/GNIII for Wars. Which is a shame though, since In wars, in the long run, The S-Freedom would be more ridiculous. In World, it's arguable that The S-Freedom is the perfect suit to have that doesn't hurt the wallet much.

In animation though, I prefer the Crossbones, those Attacks are GAR.
Old 2011-03-10, 11:31   Link #1947
tetsuo69

i love but strike freedom and my double X i kill everything with both suits ^^
Old 2011-03-19, 22:51   Link #1948
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
^ Agreed. We have enough Gundam Musou games and Musou variations. None of them try to stray too far from the formula and their combo designs never get too creative (except for the Basara series). It's a type of game that's nice to get back into every now and then but definitely not the type of game that I'd be excited for.

Especially when we have so many more awesome Gundam games. G-Gen and ExVS (and hopefully a sequel too Senki sooooon)!
I have to disagree. If you have played the other Musou games, then you are familiar with Gundam Musou 3. But, just try to barge into the enemy base field immediatly in 3 (even on Easy) and see what happens to you.

I speak for myself. When I brought the game over to my friend's place, (He's also the co-owner of the PS3; don't ask) he was initially disappointed that there were no English subtitles. After our first few missions, he is still disappointed, but I quote,"At least, both of us have something to die happy tonight."

Later today, I'm going to his place again to unlock more of the story. The "good pilots" campaign was ... interesting, to say the least.

I guess another thing about the Musou games is that you really need the JP voice acting. I have refused to play any Musou game with the English voice acting on. Takagi Wataru as Garrod never fails to earn facepalms from us as we cringe at his No Indoor Voice style of talking. Koyasu and Midorikawa are always reliable as Zechs and Heero. Miyano as Setsuna: Well, his quotes are priceless.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-03-19 at 23:07.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 01:57   Link #1949
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I have to disagree. If you have played the other Musou games, then you are familiar with Gundam Musou 3. But, just try to barge into the enemy base field immediatly in 3 (even on Easy) and see what happens to you.

I speak for myself. When I brought the game over to my friend's place, (He's also the co-owner of the PS3; don't ask) he was initially disappointed that there were no English subtitles. After our first few missions, he is still disappointed, but I quote,"At least, both of us have something to die happy tonight."

Later today, I'm going to his place again to unlock more of the story. The "good pilots" campaign was ... interesting, to say the least.

I guess another thing about the Musou games is that you really need the JP voice acting. I have refused to play any Musou game with the English voice acting on. Takagi Wataru as Garrod never fails to earn facepalms from us as we cringe at his No Indoor Voice style of talking. Koyasu and Midorikawa are always reliable as Zechs and Heero. Miyano as Setsuna: Well, his quotes are priceless.
Sorry for the late reply...I think? I didn't realize someone quoted me.

Anyway I think my initial post wasn't about the voice acting nor was it about the difficulty of the game. My post was about the standard formula of a Musou game evolved only ever so slightly. The combat system is so basic and formulaic that there is almost no different in playing different characters. This often causes the game to feel extremely repetitive and it's novelty wears of very very very soon (especially if one of your buddies don't want to play it anymore). Of course the game can still be a challenge, no doubt about that, but it can still be boring.

The reason why I mentioned the Basara series in my post was because Basara 3 (the Musou style game that I love most) actually follows the same typical Musou formula but the combat is A LOT more gratifying and a lot more creative. Each character actually feels different, some of them are based on creating combos through basic attacks which would then transform into different moves depending on the context. Some of them have a special "link" move that you have to use in order to link combos together. Some of them are all about precise timing, some of them all about charge attacks, some all about range and aiming etc. They actually feel like fighting game characters, where everyone is different from one another (no surprise here since Capcom made it). The Musou series...not so much.

I agree that voice acting actually does play a big role on games. But I never play Musou or Basara games in english dub anyway. My Japanese is actually good enough to understand what game characters say (most of the time) it's just annoying to read it (kanji messes me up since it's different from Chinese kanji).

Again, like I said earlier Musou style games are nice to get back into every now and then, but it definitely isn't something I'd be craving to get my hands on just because it's got Gundam slapped onto it. I'd be much happier playing co-op campaign with a friend in EXVS than Musou 3.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 12:39   Link #1950
John117xCortana

What advantages does the Unicorn Gundam have over the Reborns Gundam ?

Whats the story in Musou 3 ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 01:54   Link #1951
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The story for 3 basically revolves around the Knight Gundam, and has three "final" branches. One for the "good" pilots, one for the "bad" ones, and I have yet to unlock the last one to play.

As for the comparison, maybe I'm not asking for much. The basic combos are the same for each suit, yes, but the devil is in the details. The same button inputs can mean quite different moves when you compare some suits.
Old 2011-03-24, 11:05   Link #1952
John117xCortana

Could you elaborate please ?
Old 2011-03-24, 15:50   Link #1953
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Do you mean about the combo system? You make combos by hit attack 0-5 times, then hitting charge attack. C1 is always a basic shot, but C2-C6 depend on which suit your using. In addition to the different animation, the charges don't always to the same thing. While C6 tends to be the strongest, it isn't always the most useful. Some combos can break guards, some combos can go through guards, some are good crowd clearers, some do lots of damage against a single opponent, some are very good at prevent the opponent from doing anything. But these don't correspond to any particular combo.

You need to figure out for yourself which combo does what, and which one is appropriate to use in a particular situation.
Old 2011-03-25, 12:00   Link #1954
John117xCortana

I was talking about the story.
Old 2011-03-25, 21:58   Link #1955
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well...
Spoiler for From what I can gather...:
Old 2011-03-29, 22:07   Link #1956
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Gundam memories

New PSP game released on 23rd June.

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/1301449968912.jpg/

http://img857.imageshack.us/i/1301450318591.jpg/
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:03   Link #1957
tetsuo69

looks sweet
Old 2011-03-30, 04:07   Link #1958
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shariq View Post
This has my attention. It looks like something new and different. Rather than all the Dynasty Warrior and VS games being released. I'll be looking forward to it.

Guess I can't expect a US release though...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:09   Link #1959
LaSean

Sigh... another psp game. We need more Gundam games on consoles that aren't Gundam Musou. Oh well...back to Gundam Senki. =(
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 12:23   Link #1960
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

translated info

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...ndam_memories/

by look on scan seem it on Gundam Battle series

confirmed list

Gundam
Z Gundam
Gundam Char’s Counterattack