AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Escape (Volumes 24 - 25) Rating
Perfect 10 4 44.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-04-09, 13:49   Link #101
techroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
Tatsuya's case is most important thing. Please don't tell me Minoru beat him up.
techroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 13:51   Link #102
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Pushion information bodies, the soul, more or less.
So he can see pushions now? so he can somewhat "heal" souls?
So you are saying that tats healed the damage done to minami“s soul/brain/spirit(whatever) because of the mca heating up but couldn t heal the cause? therefore the minami's spirit/soul will be damaged overtime until they fix the mca overheating?

And if this is true is there any new expanation about the new limits of regrowth? like if he heals souls he should be able to revive people that recently died? or if will be able to desintegrate (because he can see them now) pushion bodies like spirits or parasites?
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 13:55   Link #103
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by techroses View Post
Tatsuya's case is most important thing. Please don't tell me Minoru beat him up.
from the image I would bet that tats will kill the demon in minuro's heart or something simillar...

that one finger attack to the heart and zhou's situation reeks of something like this.
Old 2018-04-09, 14:14   Link #104
techroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
from the image I would bet that tats will kill the demon in minuro's heart or something simillar...

that one finger attack to the heart and zhou's situation reeks of something like this.
He seems desperate. I hope he can find a solution.
Old 2018-04-09, 14:52   Link #105
khawaja07

Volume 25 Quick Chapter Recap thanks to LOSS of the Mahouka Wikia Discord.

Chapter 1:

- Aftermath of TB and Tatsuya using Regrowth on Minami.

- Yuuka sensing the shock-waves, and confronting Kazama.

- Yuuka confront Kazama, and Tatsuya shows up to the conversation as well.

Chapter 2:

- At the hospital Tatsuya and Miyuki discuss Minami’s condition and about the Sakurai Series.

- USNA discusses the attack on Japan with STARS, Walker/Arcturus discuss the black hole experiment.

- Japanese govt. announces and condemns the attack on Japan. Fujibayashi receives a call from Minoru and he asks about the attack on Tatsuya. It seems Minoru could sense the powerful magic attack from a very long distance.

- Minoru thinks about Minami’s condition and wonders if he can help her. He decides to go visit her in the hospital.

- Minami wakes up to find Tatsuya and Miyuki there. They have a discussion about her future as a guardian.

- Tatsuya and Miyuki discuss Minami’s chances of recovery and the fact that she might not be able to return to her guardian duties.

Chapter 3:

- June 10th, Miyuki goes back to school. Tatsuya has a conversation with Minami in the hospital, she asks him why they care so much about her.

- Miyuki arrives at school and is bombarded with questions about what happened. Her friends ask if they can go visit Minami.

- Minoru comes to visit Minami. He tells her he will find a cure.

- Tatsuya is back in Izu, he finds out that Minoru came to visit Minami.

- Minoru has a discussion about Minami’s condition with Zhou. He comes to the conclusion that he must get a parasite for her.

- Tatsuya and Miyuki come to visit Minami again and they discuss Minoru’s visit.

Chapter 4:

- Tatsuya comes back to school and is greeted by his friends. He tells them he can’t come to school everyday but will be showing up occasionally.

- Explanation of the major powers and how Dione and ESCAPES match up to each other.

- Discussion between Saeki and Kazama about how Foreign Affairs can’t order the Defense Forces. They also discuss how they might need to reveal Tatsuya as a SCM in order to escape from Dione project.

- Explanation about the Ministry of Industry and how they are being pressured by the USNA to stop ESCAPES.

- Tatsuya talks with Tomitsuka about Dione and it’s actual purpose.

- Edward Clark and McCloud discuss Igor and Tatsuya’s abilities.

Chapter 5:

- USNA is beginning the black hole experiment. Raymond Clark is there. The parasites begin to take over the STARS members and Raymond. They decide Tatsuya is the enemy.

- Minoru goes to his family’s lab and absorbs a parasite.

Chapter 6:

- Miyuki and Tatsuya are at the hospital when Minoru arrives. They discuss Minami’s condition and Tatsuya finally asks who he is (Minoru), he has the same smile as Zhou. Minoru tells them about the parasite and how it could cure Minami. There is a confrontation between Tatsuya and Minoru.

- Tatsuya returns to the hospital after the fight. He discusses the fight and Minoru’s new abilities via the parasite. He also confirms that Minoru has Elemental Sight.

- Tatsuya asks for a temporary 10MC meeting to discuss Minoru. It’s done via tele-conference.

- After the meeting Tatsuya has a discussion with Mayumi.

Chapter 7:

- Lina has a dream about the parasites. She thinks about Tatsuya and Miyuki, she feels sad and lonely.

- The parasites tries to take over Lina, but can’t so they decide to eliminate her.

- The parasite STARS attack Lina, and the rebellion begins. Lina is told to go to Japan.

- Lina arrives safely in Japan on June 19th and was given the number to the Kuroba twins by Balance. Canopus and a few others are being sent to military prison.

Chapter 8:

- Igor and his team are fixing his CAD Argan.

- Tatsuya is at school and there is an explanation of how the weather is perfect for TB and how Tatsuya knows Igor hasn’t given up yet.

- Igor sits down in his large CAD Argan and prepares to attack Tatsuya.

- Pixie informs Tatsuya of the activation of magic. Tatsuya stands up during class and points his CAD while his fellow students surprisingly watch.

- Igor hears the alarm of the CAD suggesting they are being targeted.

- Tatsuya prevents TB and Chain Casting.

- Igor moves to cast TB again.

- Tatsuya aims to destroy Argan and the Igroks.

- Everything around Igor is disintegrating and he gets a strong headache from the negative feedback.

Chapter 9:

- The magic attack on First High was caught by observation cameras. NSU is condemned for the attacks and this hurts the Dione Project.

- Tatsuya and Miyuki are having breakfast and discussing ESCAPES.

- Lina arrives at Tatsuya and Miyuki’s place led by Ayako and Fumiya, they discuss the rebellion in the USNA. They plan to strength the security around Minami.

Chapter to chapter commentary thanks to Lord_Odin93 of the Wikia Discord

The Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Foreign Affairs basically know that Tatsuya is an SCM now. Though what Foreign Affairs did earlier by trying to use Hitsui was unofficial. Saeki and Kazama know that relations with the Yotsuba and Tatsuya is estranged. They also talk about if Tatsuya is named and recognized as an SCM that he'd be the 'Fourteenth Apostle' and the strongest in the world. Also, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry is also getting involved with whether or not ESCAPES is legal and if it can work out since they'd have to deal with the USNA which is Japans largest trading partner.

Later on when Tatsuya is at First High, he and Tomitsuka go up to the roof to talk. Tatsuya grills Tomitsuka and tells him the real purpose of Dione. Tomitsuka finds it hard to believe. Once Tatsuya leaves, he starts to think and wonders if it is true, and if so then opinion about the project would never be forgiven.

Among the four superpowers, we know that the USNA is in the Dione camp, no surprise there. The Indo-Persian Federation is showing the attitude that they are practically siding with ESCAPES. Europe generally supports the Dione. ESCAPES has support from West Asia to Southeast Asia, Brazil and Australia haven't stated who they are siding with either including the Great Asian Union. Edward is lagging behind with Tatsuya. Their projects both contribute, but in theory Dione is behind, but for Edward he has the use of the masses on his side.

Well Edward calls and talks with William McCloud. Edward can't reach Igor and he isn't answering his calls. William and Edward are talking and William is saying that they'll need to use everything they have to deal with Tatsuya using full force. William asks Edward if Hlišskjįlf can be used to get information. Edward tells him no. They know that the Yotsuba Family is called 'Untouchable'. Prior to Tatsuya being outed, Clark was targeting the Yotsuba Family to get information about them. Maya had access to Hlišskjįlf, when Edward came across this fact he tried to gather information.However, Maya didn't dance to his tune. Even from her use, Edward rarely knew about the abilities of Tatsuya and those of the Branch Houses.

Edward shows his unhappiness with Igor by no longer adding 'Dr.' to his surname.

Raymond was the one who sent the emails and invented 'involvement of Japanese operatives'. Raymond has a visitors pass and use touring and looking at things while the Black-hole project is being worked on.

Jacob Regulus thought he wouldn't be possessed by a Parasite, he is now. Alexander Arcturus sensed the Parasite. He too is now possessed.

Raymond was outside of the building, he started to feel pain since he too. It seems like he is possessed or has become one with them like how I think Zhou is with Minoru. They are feeding off and using Raymond's desire to play the role of someone in a heroic saga (which he thinks of as romantic) and to conquer the universe with magic. He views Tatsuya as his enemy and is going to take him down. The Parasite says this to Raymond, 'I/we are called parasites' the people of this world.' Parasite are invited once again to this world.

Parasites assimilated not only Regulus, Arcturus, Raymond. Also the Three of Stars' 6th Corps, 'Orion Team' who had been waiting outside the building were turned into parasites. None of them remember being humans. The others returned to STARS HQ and Raymond back to CA.

The end of Ch5 had Minoru being able to sense other Parasites, the one's in the dolls I think. The first part of Ch6, which is large has to do with Minoru going after Tatsuya and being unhappy and them fighting. Tatsuya believes that Minoru has absorbed the ghost of Zhou and that he has to take time away from ESCAPES to deal with him and Miyuki wonders if Maya and the Kudou should be asked for help. It looks like a TMC Conference is held to talk about and how to deal with Minoru.

During the first part of CH7, Lina is dreaming about the last fight with the Parasites and also dreams about and starts thinking about Tatsuya and how he has viewed her as a 17 year-old girl and not a SCM and whatnot. She feels lonely without Tatsuya and Miyuki.

Now I know why Lina is being targeted. They can't assimilate with her, the Parasites. They view her as a dangerous foe.

Okay, the illustration with the two women are Vega and Deneb. 3rd and 4th Unit Captains. Okay, now I understand more. The Parasites are rebelling and the two women come to Lina and calling her a traitor and saying that she's loyal to Japan. Lina during the chaos and Vega and Deneb going after her, Lina uses magic to accelerate away.

Lina arrives in Japan safely and calls the Kudou Family with the number Balance gave her to stay and rest. Canopus, Ralph Hardy and any others who helped her out are sentences to military prison on Midway Island.

'Minami, don't push yourself'
'Tatsuya-sama ...' Minami's consciousness who was tripping was pulled back to reality by Tatsuya 's voice. '... ... ... both of you are safe?' The first thing asked by Minami was not her condition, but: 'Ah, Minami, thanks to you'. 'I am honored.', For the people asking about Minami

Okay, start of Ch8. Igor reappears and Igrok is being worked on during the time of the rebellion of STARS in the USNA. He feels humiliated, but is going to try attacking again. That without Argan and Igrok he would have been killed. He feels like a pitiful man. Even when he went up against STARS and killed William Sirius he hasn't felt like this before. He attacks Tatsuya again. Tatsuya kills the workers and scares the crap out of Igor.Tatsuya destroyed everything. Igor was connected to it all and his head is hurting like a headache. Agran and Igrok are gone.

Public opinion about Dione, which Igor is co-sponsoring is falling and ESCAPES is likely to be backed by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.

Ayako and Fumiya are the one's who are gotten a hold of and let Tatsuya and Miyuki meet with Lina.The volume ends with 9 chapters and Tatsuya and Miyuki meeting with Lina. Well the last part with Lina is there is surprise at seeing her during a breakfast and she lets them know about the rebellion in America.

It seems like it was thought that Lina coming over is a camouflage, but it isn't that and that Maya trusts that Lina wouldn't be trying to spy on the Yotsuba. At the very, very end Lina starts to tell Tatsuya about everything that is going on.

Source: Mahouka Wikia Discord

Last edited by khawaja07; 2018-04-09 at 16:15.
khawaja07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 15:25   Link #106
Diocar

wow so much information.

why would minoru get elemental sight? zhou doesn t have that ability...
another thing I don t understand. what does minoru want? put a parasite in minami? and after that? why didn t tats apreend him?
Old 2018-04-09, 16:11   Link #107
zezegui222
A simple man

After read this summary, probably this volume could be one of the best between all Mahouka releases.
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 17:01   Link #108
techroses

Elemental Sight Tatsuya vs Elemental Sight Minoru => How can be everyone still fine and uninjured?
Old 2018-04-09, 18:04   Link #109
tuckersister

What's up with Shizuku currently?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 22:38   Link #110
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
So it's not just Miyuki, but every character is being drawn with a more mature face.
Old 2018-04-16, 20:38   Link #111
sasabit

What? So Minoru gets a huge buff this patch via Parasite? seems kinda dumb :/
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 17:39   Link #112
techroses

I think it`s not about Minoru. In Modern Magic realm Tatsuya almost unmatched now. But he can be defeated with MI magics , Spirit Manipulation Techniquies (like Yakumo`s illusions, Ghost Walker). There are probably dozens of magicians like Yakumo. Hidden, unknown and have a potential to defeat Tatsuya. There are many hints about Tatsuya`s growth. And I think he is not even close his potential. Like Master Yoda`s words;

"Much to learn, you still have."
Old 2018-04-20, 20:39   Link #113
Nice

So most of the 25th volume is described on the wiki.
The only part not detailed is Mayumi's discussion with Tatsuya, but from the looks of it, aside from wanting to understand Minorus condition, she also wants to patch things up with Katsuo and Tatsuya. does anyone know?

Also, does anyone know how long its been since Tatsuya and Miyuki have been engaged? at least a year now?
I'm asking because the bath scene in vol. 24 kinda makes me feel that Tatsuya is not making any progress on seeing Miyuki as a woman. In fact, his regretting not rejecting Miyukis offer and locking the door
makes me feel he is only comfortable with the original status quo of their relationship and has no desire for intimacy with her. He wont even share the same bed with her.
when Miyuki refereed to Tatsuya as onii-sama again, it looked like they've gone back to maintaining the brother/sister relationship in private while appearing as a more formal couple in public. Am i the only one that thinks their relationship took a step backwards somewhere?
Was also an eye riser in reading that Tatsuya himself acknowledged that if he had all his emotions he might even of came to be jealous and hate Miyuki.

Also, i'm torn on the new illustrations. while they do give some characters like Miyuki more maturity in the first few, The last picture with Lina made Miyuki look pretty resentful. Made me remember the last time they talked when Lina tried to thank Tatsuya for saving Sylvia and the two stared at each other before hanging up. (cat fight!)
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 07:55   Link #114
albatros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice View Post

Also, does anyone know how long its been since Tatsuya and Miyuki have been engaged? at least a year now?
I'm asking because the bath scene in vol. 24 kinda makes me feel that Tatsuya is not making any progress on seeing Miyuki as a woman. In fact, his regretting not rejecting Miyukis offer and locking the door
makes me feel he is only comfortable with the original status quo of their relationship and has no desire for intimacy with her. He wont even share the same bed with her.
when Miyuki refereed to Tatsuya as onii-sama again, it looked like they've gone back to maintaining the brother/sister relationship in private while appearing as a more formal couple in public. Am i the only one that thinks their relationship took a step backwards somewhere?
no i also agree and was disapointed
albatros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 10:14   Link #115
amtro
Distro

Tatsuya and Miyuki were engaged over new years. It is now 1-2 months before summer.
So 4 months at most.
Old 2018-05-06, 01:20   Link #116
guestuser

So according to all the spoilers on the Wiki, Tatsuya most likely will become the fourteenth Apostles in the future to deter war from happening with his immense power to destroy in order to allow his pet project to succeed.

As there will be no conflict because Tatsuya SCM act as a deterance(MAD is a great plan) and without conflict there will be no war that will hinder Tatsuya plan to allow Magician to ESCAPES from the military to need to fight anymore.

See I told you so! And all those people who made theories that Tatsuya should become one of the apostles were right in their calling with these two volumes release!
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 03:53   Link #117
dragon1412

Is it just me but the illustration in recent volumes seem less clean ??? it more rough than before especially compare to vol 1-10
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 22:34   Link #118
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Tatsuya and Miyuki were engaged over new years. It is now 1-2 months before summer.
So 4 months at most.
I finally checked for myself.
They got engaged in volume 16 on December 30th and the last chapter of Volume 25 ends on June 22. So their engagement has been 8 days off of 6 months.

Kind of feels like it's been longer, but i guess that's the issue with releasing 9 volumes over 3 years to make up 6 months of the stories development.
Nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-24, 23:46   Link #119
Blakegriffin89

In my opinion, for Tatsuya X Miyuki romantic relationship to move forward Miyuki has to start treating Tatsuya not like a brother but more like another guy. She also needs to start making more consistent advances on him, not just a bold move here and there.

As for Tatsuya, I believe it may take a big event that makes Tatsuya put his relationship into perspective by reviewing how he feels for her not what he thinks of her as. I believe sometimes Tatsuya's logic or mind gets in the way of putting things in perspective. It also doesn't help that Tatsuya can't feel strong emotions for anything or anyone but Miyuki, which is why he has a hard time of putting his feelings for Miyuki into perspective. I've also noticed a few times when Tatsuya starts to look at or see Miyuki differently and more as another girl he starts to stop himself, because they're siblings or cause it is what he believes is walking into Maya's plan/trap.
Blakegriffin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-08, 06:19   Link #120
AP24

Synopsis and release date for Vol 26 is out:
http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-893970-6/
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote