AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-18, 11:28   Link #61
raideralan

Definitely Urahara with Yoruichi. Bleach needs more screen time to make their relationship much clearer for these two.
Old 2006-02-18, 17:04   Link #62
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raideralan
Definitely Urahara with Yoruichi. Bleach needs more screen time to make their relationship much clearer for these two.
maybe they already got the MEMO, ( wink wink ), they already live in the same place.

who would you guy match with Tousen?

I think that Ishida would do great with Nemo (12th division vice.)
Old 2006-02-25, 03:01   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Don't know if somebody has said this anywhere on the forums yet, but I just want to clear up a little mistranslation in the subs for Bleach that have led to a misunderstanding directly related to this topic: Back in the episode where Urahara had saved Ichigo after he got beaten by Byakuya, when the subs said "The power of love is stronger than anything else," or something like that, what he actually said was more accurately translated as "The power of feelings is stronger than anything else." (These are the Lunar subs I'm talking about, I don't know about the subs form the other groups in that scene) "Feelings" in this case meaning friendship, family love, love-love, etc.

Just a little tidbit of info for those who don't know.
Old 2006-02-25, 12:02   Link #64
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
Don't know if somebody has said this anywhere on the forums yet, but I just want to clear up a little mistranslation in the subs for Bleach that have led to a misunderstanding directly related to this topic: Back in the episode where Urahara had saved Ichigo after he got beaten by Byakuya, when the subs said "The power of love is stronger than anything else," or something like that, what he actually said was more accurately translated as "The power of feelings is stronger than anything else." (These are the Lunar subs I'm talking about, I don't know about the subs form the other groups in that scene) "Feelings" in this case meaning friendship, family love, love-love, etc.

Just a little tidbit of info for those who don't know.
This is SO debatable x_x Because Urahara uses the kanji 想 and it stands for all these meanings here:
thought,mind,heart,feelings,emotion,sentiment,love ,affection,desire,wish,hope,
expectation,imagination,experience

x_x...............yeah.

I still say IchiRuki is more obvious than obvious. I mean COME ON.
Old 2006-02-27, 01:02   Link #65
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Which is why the viewer needs to use common sense in that case. I think it's farily obvious that Urahara didn't mean experience, imagination, and those other non-fitting meanings.

Except Ichigo told Ganju straight on that he didn't like/love Rukia, and showed no signs whatsoever that he was lying. He said he merely owed her for saving his and his family's lives. Of course their relationship is deeper than that, but saying it's love is a bit much. As they are, Ichigo and Rukia are more like really good friends.
Old 2006-02-27, 21:55   Link #66
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

oh don't worry, all relationships start of like this. The next thing you will see is a big hug with Ichigo and Rukia.

The obvious is the obvious, unless the director does not want to give us the obvious which I personally would find surprising.
Old 2006-02-28, 00:46   Link #67
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hawq
oh don't worry, all relationships start of like this. The next thing you will see is a big hug with Ichigo and Rukia.

The obvious is the obvious, unless the director does not want to give us the obvious which I personally would find surprising.
Start? We're on episode 70. We left the start behind about 50-60 episodes ago. The image back in that one manga chapter that had Ichigo, Orihime, Rukia, and Renji all in white outfits and subtley hinted IchigoxOrihime and RukiaxRenji was a hint towards what the manga writer has planned for them if you ask me.

As for "obvious," "quite possible" I can see. "Obvious" is stretching it. As far as obvious is, Ichigo quite blatantly stated to Ganju that he doesn't love Rukia. (ouch )
Old 2006-02-28, 08:44   Link #68
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Seems pretty much like this to me:

Ichigo - Orihime - Tatsuki (you lucky bastard Ichigo...)
Renji - Rukia
Ishida - Nemu (a lot more time is needed for that, but they had a good chemistry going on from the first moment)
Chad - parrot boy (j/k) Chad is still free for now
Yoruichi - Urahara - Soi Fon (are they enough for someone like Yoruichi?)

Matsumoto - Ichimaru
Tousen - Justice
Aizen - Power
Old 2006-02-28, 11:26   Link #69
d3v4st4t10n
DeVaStAte

Send a message via AIM to d3v4st4t10n
Lets do all the Captains with the liutenents! Well.....besides some obvious exceptions like soi-fong and the fat guy xD and maybe the fourth captain Unohana and her liutenent. Sry, im not a big fan of lesbians ^^
Old 2006-02-28, 17:33   Link #70
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Start? We're on episode 70. We left the start behind about 50-60 episodes ago. The image back in that one manga chapter that had Ichigo, Orihime, Rukia, and Renji all in white outfits and subtley hinted IchigoxOrihime and RukiaxRenji was a hint towards what the manga writer has planned for them if you ask me.

As for "obvious," "quite possible" I can see. "Obvious" is stretching it. As far as obvious is, Ichigo quite blatantly stated to Ganju that he doesn't love Rukia. (ouch )
Well, as you can see is this series is pretty long, so what do you expect? As for most anime's I have seen, the actual romance all happen during the last 2-3 episodes, this show is going to be long. That was all I was saying, mostly you see starting off as really good friends, and they take their relationships farther. The manga I don't know off, cause I dont really tend to read manga's. The way I would say it is, "let the time pass by and we will see what happens."

Also that Ichigo did tell Ganju that he does not love her, but that was a while back. Unless I have some memery problem,and that happened during the filler episodes from 64-67, which I did not watch. Anyone can say that he does not lovesomeone straightforward, it's a friggin cartoon. Characters are forced to do this, they aint making the decision.

I believe remembering way back around episode 16 or something, when Rukia was getting ready to leave the city, while she was running and crying, she was said something to herself in her head about liking Ichigo.
Old 2006-02-28, 18:44   Link #71
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

No good raomance bwteen the main characters of the show starts, blooms, and kicks in during the span of only 2-3 episodes. That's just rushed.

If you use that viewpoint, then how can one enjoy anime? The staff "makes" the characters do things in accordance with the characters' feelings, presonality, situation, etc.

Errr, no Rukia has never said anything about liking Ichigo. I can say that with certainty as I just got done watching Bleach from beginning to end (current episode) just the other day.
Old 2006-02-28, 21:12   Link #72
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Errr, no Rukia has never said anything about liking Ichigo. I can say that with certainty as I just got done watching Bleach from beginning to end (current episode) just the other day.
I just watched that scene all over again in bleach episode 16. Rukia quoted 'sympathy,friendship,and love, those are feelings that soulreaper should not go through" as she was somewhat regretting. Does that quote not mean that she kind of went through all that,or it might be just that I watched the lunar subed one.

Quote:
f you use that viewpoint, then how can one enjoy anime? The staff "makes" the characters do things in accordance with the characters' feelings, presonality, situation, etc.
I only used that viewpoint in a way, that any character can say this. If I did not enjoy anime I would not be here right now. Character feelings, and personality is also what the "staff makes up"

Quote:
No good raomance bwteen the main characters of the show starts, blooms, and kicks in during the span of only 2-3 episodes. That's just rushed.
As I said before, Right now they are good friends as you said, but I also said that they can take their relationship further and further, till it is the right time near the end. I did not mean love coming out of nowhere.

Now lets put an end to this ugly arguement which I kind of started, and im sorry for that. It just does not feel right for me to argueing over fictionous couples.
Old 2006-03-01, 03:26   Link #73
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
I just watched that scene all over again in bleach episode 16. Rukia quoted 'sympathy,friendship,and love, those are feelings that soulreaper should not go through" as she was somewhat regretting. Does that quote not mean that she kind of went through all that,or it might be just that I watched the lunar subed one.
No, it doesn't. She's talking about those emotions as being "unnecessary feelings" for a shinigami. That says nothing about whether she has loved anyone or not. And not to mention, that certainly doesn't show she said "I love Ichigo" or anything close. Even if she did mean she went through all those feelings, it makes no reference at all of any feelings of love for Ichigo.

Quote:
I only used that viewpoint in a way, that any character can say this. If I did not enjoy anime I would not be here right now. Character feelings, and personality is also what the "staff makes up"
I wasn't trying to say say you didn't like anime or anything, but Ichigo said "I don't love Rukia" because he doesn't love Rukia.

Quote:
As I said before, Right now they are good friends as you said, but I also said that they can take their relationship further and further, till it is the right time near the end. I did not mean love coming out of nowhere.
I know, I didn't mean you said that, but I was just saying 2-3 days for something to come out would be rushing it. I have no doubts that IchigoxRukia can happen, but as for right now (and what I'd actually prefer), IchigoxOrihime is what I see and prefer.

Quote:
Now lets put an end to this ugly arguement which I kind of started, and im sorry for that. It just does not feel right for me to argueing over fictionous couples.
Well I never saw any of this as offensive or anything close to it. I look at it as a fun debate over an anime I like a lot.
Old 2006-03-02, 08:49   Link #74
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
No, it doesn't. She's talking about those emotions as being "unnecessary feelings" for a shinigami. That says nothing about whether she has loved anyone or not. And not to mention, that certainly doesn't show she said "I love Ichigo" or anything close. Even if she did mean she went through all those feelings, it makes no reference at all of any feelings of love for Ichigo.
There are so many hints that she loves him. x_x I'd rewatch if I were you. And he's the one she thinks about the most. Even Orihime acknowledged the bond between them. There's also the Ichigo and Kaien connection and she plainly loved Kaien "like that".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiniji103
I wasn't trying to say say you didn't like anime or anything, but Ichigo said "I don't love Rukia" because he doesn't love Rukia.
Oh please, it's Ichigo. Don you honestly think he'd even admit to something like "love" to a stranger. He probably wouldn't even tell his mother!

Quote:
I know, I didn't mean you said that, but I was just saying 2-3 days for something to come out would be rushing it. I have no doubts that IchigoxRukia can happen, but as for right now (and what I'd actually prefer), IchigoxOrihime is what I see and prefer.
That's fine but I think IchigoxOrihime is completely one-sided. =/ In the anime anyway.
Old 2006-03-02, 16:29   Link #75
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Ichigo and Orihime, are even yet to have a emotional conversation.
Old 2006-03-02, 17:29   Link #76
notme
団長

Quote:
Ichigo and Orihime, are even yet to have a emotional conversation.
You don't think the conversation Ichigo and Orihime had when Orihime convinced Ichigo to go to SS after Rukia was emotional? Before that Ichigo was wondering if he should or should not go, and talking to Inoue is what steeled his resolve.

Another very emotional conversation was the time where Inoue after the Byakuya fight where Inoue was crying and saying how glad she was that Ichigo was alright and then he thanked her.

You don't think any of these scenes were emotional?

Also, though we were not shown it, Inoue told Ichigo about her past and about her hairpins (that was how Ichigo could tell Sora/Acidwire about them), and that had to have been an emotional conversation.
Old 2006-03-02, 17:45   Link #77
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi
There are so many hints that she loves him. x_x I'd rewatch if I were you. And he's the one she thinks about the most. Even Orihime acknowledged the bond between them. There's also the Ichigo and Kaien connection and she plainly loved Kaien "like that".
I just rewatched it. We're not at love yet, but we are getting there. I'm not saying one will definitely happen over the other, I'm just saying which I prefer and supporting that idea.

Quote:
Oh please, it's Ichigo. Don you honestly think he'd even admit to something like "love" to a stranger. He probably wouldn't even tell his mother!
What, you're saying Ichigo would lie about something so serious with a straight face? I think you're thinking of a different Ichigo. Ichigo is nothing if not honest (unless he has to lie for the better good or to help someone of course). At the very least, he'd blush and stutter over his words as he frantically tried to deny the idea.

Quote:
That's fine but I think IchigoxOrihime is completely one-sided. =/ In the anime anyway.
You didn't see the kind, gentle look in Ichigo's face as he said, for the first time in the whole series, "Arigatou", to Orihime after Ichigo's fight with Byakuya. That was the first time he'd ever used the proper, polite form of saying "Thank you" in the whole series. He never, and still hasn't, even said it to Rukia, and especially not with the kind of face he had when he was talking with Orihime. Just from that scene alone, it doesn't look that one-sided to me.

Mr.Hawq: What notme said.
Old 2006-03-02, 18:09   Link #78
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme
You don't think the conversation Ichigo and Orihime had when Orihime convinced Ichigo to go to SS after Rukia was emotional? Before that Ichigo was wondering if he should or should not go, and talking to Inoue is what steeled his resolve.

Another very emotional conversation was the time where Inoue after the Byakuya fight where Inoue was crying and saying how glad she was that Ichigo was alright and then he thanked her.

You don't think any of these scenes were emotional?

Also, though we were not shown it, Inoue told Ichigo about her past and about her hairpins (that was how Ichigo could tell Sora/Acidwire about them), and that had to have been an emotional conversation.

That's just something, that Orihime did herself, since you can obviously see that she has a crush on her. Ichigo shares more of his feelings with Rukia I believe, such as his mother for example.

Plus Rukia and Ichigo have gone through so much more, not only that, Ichigo went through some rough training just to change the shape of his zanpakto or something, and also turned almost into a hollow. He pretty much did all that just to get to soul society, and be strong enough to fight of the enemies, and also save Rukia. After all he did keep having that same old flashback of her saying that "If you follow me to soul society I will never forgive you" *expressed with lots of emotion*

He himself was depressed without Rukia. When Orihime got kidnapped in the fillers, man were they joking around so much.

I find it quite amazing of how this orhimexichigo, or rukiaxichgo, coupling thing so controversial.

Quote:
What, you're saying Ichigo would lie about something so serious with a straight face? I think you're thinking of a different Ichigo. Ichigo is nothing if not honest (unless he has to lie for the better good or to help someone of course). At the very least, he'd blush and stutter over his words as he frantically tried to deny the idea.
Im back to talk with you my man, anyways, I can remember on the episode, when Rukia was just about to be executed, Ichigo comes and saves her. Then she asks "why did you come?", and he says that "I just wanted to"*in a tough, shy way* He did not blush,but you can tell by his facial expression.

Last edited by Mr.Hawq; 2006-03-02 at 18:32.
Old 2006-03-02, 21:13   Link #79
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Im back to talk with you my man, anyways, I can remember on the episode, when Rukia was just about to be executed, Ichigo comes and saves her. Then she asks "why did you come?", and he says that "I just wanted to"*in a tough, shy way* He did not blush,but you can tell by his facial expression.
.....really? 'Cause I just watched that episode, and it looked more to me like his facial expression was plain, not hinting at anything really.
Old 2006-03-02, 22:13   Link #80
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I kind of remember that he turned his head away while saying that, and said it, and then some kind of comedy part started.
Closed Thread