AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-22, 08:39   Link #641
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Hey, dude, it's all cool. It is a hot topic, tho, and could lead to some rather unsightly discussions, eh?

Old 2008-09-22, 09:03   Link #642
Elandyll

Well, that was a great ep once more

Given the time between the shot from Brera and the actual explosion of Alto's VF 117, my guess is that he could eject in the nick of time.
Now, I think the scene is ready for the arrival of the Macross Quarter, rescue of Alto by Ozma, and him getting on board of a VF 25 to get some revenge

Oh and Kawamori san, you better find a good way to save Sheryl. You don't let that much awesomeness die just like that!
Old 2008-09-22, 09:18   Link #643
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This episode was so epic; the scene of Ranka's huge planet-sized hologram singing while Alto and her brother engaged in their dogfight is something I won't forget anytime soon...That was just visual l33tness on another level along with how Alto blows up in her arms...We'll see how they bring him back next week if that indeed does happen, but 10 outta 10 for me...Regardless of whatever gripes I may have MacF has still had the most epic amount of episodes of any anime I watched this season...
Old 2008-09-22, 09:23   Link #644
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Fancy meeting you here around WD.. Never thought you've been following this title.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-22, 09:24   Link #645
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This episode was so epic; the scene of Ranka's huge planet-sized hologram singing while Alto and her brother engaged in their dogfight is something I won't forget anytime soon...That was just visual l33tness on another level along with how Alto blows up in her arms...We'll see how they bring him back next week if that indeed does happen, but 10 outta 10 for me...Regardless of whatever gripes I may have MacF has still had the most epic amount of episodes of any anime I watched this season...
This coming from presumably a Code Geass fan, I am surprised!

- Tak (Quite frankly, I don't get that show anymore...)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-22, 09:38   Link #646
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I am a fan of Code Geass (morso S1 when it was like DeathNote) because I'm a fan of any anime that sparks the kind of non-stop discussion and passionate emotion as that show does, but don't get it twisted, CG has failed on many levels this season, but like many animes it does provide a certain level of superficial and dramatic fun that makes watching an episode just to see what will happen next (absurd or not) a must...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kina
Fancy meeting you here around WD.. Never thought you've been following this title.
Women singing pop-songs while guys fight in mobile suits? Not quite GSD though^^...I've always been a huge underground Macross fans since the old school OVA's I watched on subtitled crap video-tape back in the day...I just zoom through so much stuff I really don't have the time anymore to comment on every single thing I watch, but rest assured I've been with this since Day 1...I've never really been a huge fan of shows that use CG-animation to this level, but MacF has bucked the trend with their unusually high quality for this aspect of the show...Oh, you should have also prolly figured out by now I'm a mecha-fanboy ...
Old 2008-09-22, 10:30   Link #647
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
You? A mecha-fanboy? No way WD.
Old 2008-09-22, 11:24   Link #648
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
i just realized alto is alive by default

for thoes that remember when sheryl was piloting michael, when she got hit IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE, the plane auto ejected them
Old 2008-09-22, 11:25   Link #649
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
talk about geass......the one thing that makes me MAD most other than Kallen being nothing than a ***** this season is that how lame they portrayed Charles in his final hours of screentime

anyway, just so that this is not totally off topic..,

just rewatched it earlier and the fact that they are keeping on Sheryl's weak sides these recents episodes just made her even more humane but admirable at the same time
Old 2008-09-22, 11:26   Link #650
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

yes, he won't die... we need a timeskip now! why can't today be Thursday =\
Old 2008-09-22, 15:23   Link #651
beppu

But then what will you do after Thursday comes and goes? I'm afraid to see the withdrawals people will go through. :P
Old 2008-09-22, 15:26   Link #652
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppu View Post
But then what will you do after Thursday comes and goes? I'm afraid to see the withdrawals people will go through. :P
God dont talk about it i have been wondering what the hell i am going to do with myself. Its worse enough for the past 3 nights i have had the same dream about the last scene with Alto's fighter exploding with the picture of Ranka with open hands its driving me MAD i tell you.
Old 2008-09-22, 15:29   Link #653
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
God dont talk about it i have been wondering what the hell i am going to do with myself. Its worse enough for the past 3 nights i have had the same dream about the last scene with Alto's fighter exploding with the picture of Ranka with open hands its driving me MAD i tell you.
x2 no joke
Old 2008-09-22, 15:47   Link #654
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
x2 no joke
Oh no biggie, the next Macross we ll get to see is probably 5 to 10 years down the track. I ll just go back to crack until then
Old 2008-09-22, 16:09   Link #655
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Oh no biggie, the next Macross we ll get to see is probably 5 to 10 years down the track. I ll just go back to crack until then
lol +1 for CRACK no but seriously guys drugs are bad unless they are helping you withdraw symptoms from Macross
Old 2008-09-22, 16:15   Link #656
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
lol +1 for CRACK no but seriously guys drugs are bad unless they are helping you withdraw symptoms from Macross
I'm sure it will if you blast the OST while on it. You never know, you could be flying with Sheryl right now.

Ok, no crack but Macross Frontier OST is definitely going to be part of my regular playlist after the series is over. Diamond Crevasse still gives me goosebumps everytime i hear it.
Old 2008-09-22, 16:19   Link #657
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I'm sure it will if you blast the OST while on it. You never know, you could be flying with Sheryl right now.

Ok, no crack but Macross Frontier OST is definitely going to be part of my regular playlist after the series is over. Diamond Crevasse still gives me goosebumps everytime i hear it.
True that one of the best anime songs i have heard in a while. I have it on my Ipod and crack my system when it comes on. I love the looks i get from people when im blasting random anime songs out of my car.

I still really want my Sheryl and Ranka duet concert once everything is over with dont know if we will get it but it would be kick if we could get something like we both of them were singing to Alto in hospital.
Old 2008-09-22, 16:20   Link #658
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

I've said this before, but I think a second season is in order now...

If in eps 25 they revealed that Ranka has been on Battle Galaxy all the time she's been at the Vajra homeworld... and they setup a fight between the two dreadnoughts. Left Frontier right there on the brink of destruction, with Alto dead and Sheryl distraught and then timeskipped BACK to when Sheryl left Galaxy... Then Season 2 begins to follow Galaxy along on its journey with a whole new set of characters leading up to Grace coming back and bringing in Ranka to perform her mind addled Oboete masuka, on the bridge of Battle Galaxy against Sheryl on Battle 25... this very point in time we are now, and then finalize both stories in one final 8 eps arc, with Quarter and NUNS rushing in to the finish... THEN settle the triangle. It'd be all win!
Old 2008-09-22, 16:38   Link #659
CodeName MinusOne

In the original Macross series, Hikaru had that romantic kiss scene with Minmei right before she sang in battle. Then he joined in on the massive battle. He was doing pretty good until all of a sudden a swarm of missiles hit his valkyrie. Then the show broke for commercial, leaving us thinking he was dead.

That's pretty much what happened in Frontier. And it's not unusual that Frontier duplicates the original series. It happens alot.

After the commercial break, we found out Hikaru had miraculously survived. And then he goes down into the wreckage of Alaska base and rescues Misa, the one he really loves.

So if Frontier copies this too, Alto is will save Ranka and well...Sheryl is outta luck.

I bet Alto ejects, and the SMS guys come in and rescue Alto, then Alto comes back in his VF-25 and saves Ranka. Then he gets in a big boss battle with Grace inside of that Vajra mother mecha.

Should be fun to watch.

Old 2008-09-22, 16:53   Link #660
4Tran

You know, there are times when I wonder to myself why I watch anime. What always happens is that eventually I come across that perfect moment when a show just works, and in every imaginable way, and I get my answer. In episode 24, I experienced just such a rare moment of perfection when mega-Ranka showed up and started singing "Ai, Oboete Imasu ka". All in all, episodes 20-23 have been fantastic, but 24 surpassed them by far. From the different character moments to the combat choreography, I loved it. It definitely helps to confirm my decision to place Macross Frontier as one of my favorites. I really hope that the final episode lives up to the run so far.

Other notes:
  • Kawamori turning the pages during the preview was a stroke of genius: it means a lot for people who've watched SDF Macross, and it probably works to a lesser degree for those who didn't. It also speaks volumes as to how much Kawamori values not spoiling the ending for the audience. Other shows and companies would do well to emulate him (I'm talking about you, Sunrise!)
  • The scene with Alto and Sheryl was some great character interaction. What was unsaid was as important as what was said, and that's a sure sign of depth and richness (and faith in the audience).
  • Alto starting the final battle in the cockpit of a VF-171 was a great touch. It accents the fact that although Macross is a mecha show, the mecha themselves are just a minor factor (Macross Plus excepted).
  • The briefing scene where all the Valkyrie pilots assembled also said a lot. While the key to everything may lie the hands of relatively few people, there's an awful lot of people who have to contribute in order to win. Too often, these other soldiers are treated like faceless cannon fodder, and it's nice to see that they get a bit of recognition (even if they're eventually going to just die in droves ).

PS: I estimate that I come across 2-3 "perfect" moments a year of watching anime. So far, this has been a great year for that, and I'm up to about 7 or 8 so far this year - Macross Frontier has been responsible for 4 of these so far.