AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-30, 18:28   Link #521
typhonsentra

So what are the chances we'll see something like this?

Spoiler:

Edit:

Quote:
we've been over analyzing this series since i've been a member. every episode every major character interaction.

But you know what? Thats the reason why I enjoy this board. I think its really fun to dissect these things. There is always someone who will catch some subtle nuance that I didn't notice, and this series is full of them. Thats one reason I was attracted to this series. It really is pretty deep. JC staff did an excellent job taking 10 novels worth of this stuff and picking out some real gems.

YMMV, Just MHO, Batteries not included.
Oh there's no doubt in my mind able the subtlety in this series. I just mean this specific gag wasn't meant to be thought about too deeply.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-03-30 at 19:02.
Old 2009-03-30, 18:34   Link #522
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

typhonsentra,

thats hilarious. really that is the best thing I've seen all week. I gave you some rep points for that.
Old 2009-03-30, 18:58   Link #523
solomon

Overall they are an odd couple, but Ryuuji and Taiga were fun to watch together.

They played off each other at first in a general comedic sense, then that grew to embody their romantic relationship, they complimented in each other.

I heard that happens often In that people usually get with someone with a personality that compliments their own (not quite opposites attract but not too far from it) or maybe its just more random.
Old 2009-03-31, 10:22   Link #524
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Oh lawl... I have only vague memories of Saved by the Bell so I couldn't comment much.

But if ever there would be spin-offs of their college years, it'll be varied since the five main characters have gone to pursue different paths:

We could continue on Ryuuji and Taiga's love story where they or Ryuuji in particular might struggle with financial hardships. Taiga might find her purpose in life (I could actually see her joining some charity organization). Of course this would end in marriage or beyond.

Minori could be in an epic sports quest leading to some great softball championship. Maybe she would fall in love.

Ami will definitely be in a great love story. It will hit her when she least expected.

We could also take a look at Noto and Kihara. Or how about that couple in the spin-off novels?

My favorite thus far is Kitamura and Sumire's story:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
How about some Kitamura X Sumire geeky, exhibitionistic, sadomasochistic adventures in the US of A? I could see a spectacular ending in space--IN SPACE!
Old 2009-03-31, 14:22   Link #525
Raiga
tl;dr

On a kinda random note, I love how before Taiga's text, the other three messages visible on Ryuuji's screen are all from Yasuko and are titled "Re: Today's dinner," "Re:Re: Today's dinner," and "Re:Re:Re: Today's dinner." Is that all Yasuko thinks about? :P
Old 2009-03-31, 14:56   Link #526
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
On a kinda random note, I love how before Taiga's text, the other three messages visible on Ryuuji's screen are all from Yasuko and are titled "Re: Today's dinner," "Re:Re: Today's dinner," and "Re:Re:Re: Today's dinner." Is that all Yasuko thinks about? :P
Pretty much. Ryuuji is an awesome cook. Maybe he can get a job as a cook that pays well :P I'd hate to be kitchen staff working under him.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:24   Link #527
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
Pretty much. Ryuuji is an awesome cook. Maybe he can get a job as a cook that pays well :P I'd hate to be kitchen staff working under him.
I have a friend who has a boyfriend who's a cook (there's something funny about that sentence structure -_-). Suffice to say that being a professional chef in real life (1) doesn't allow much time for dating and (2) would run contrary to Ryuuji's obession for neatness and cleanliness. It's a sweaty, dirty, rough job with long hours and little hygiene. Yes, remember that the next time you go to a restaurant... even a really posh restaurant like the one where my friend's boyfriend works. I've learnt not to care anymore... I'm too lazy/unskilled to cook, just like Taiga, but without a female version of Ryuuji by my side.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:40   Link #528
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
I was actually thinking along those lines too throughout the series. It's why his confusion over what to do after school surprised me. He has quite a few good options, even if he doesn't decide to go to a four year university. Usually that kind of attitude appears in people who leave high school without a defined skill set. People like.... me.
Old 2009-04-01, 00:19   Link #529
jsj

Send a message via Yahoo to jsj
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
Going to miss the show, but not the craziness in these threads. XD

Well maybe a little.
That's what always gets me sad we a good anime series....that's it's done, fin...that's there's no more following episode to wait for.

But everything has an ending, and it wouldn't be great if there isn't an ending!

Hay....I've seen the ending, it's great, but I still saw a few spots that could have been polished. But maybe it's just true to the light novel.(I haven't read it).

Will watch the whole series again.... for now, I'm just re-watching the parts Taiga "claims ownership" or her love of Ryuuji.... hay..so sweet.
Old 2009-04-01, 01:22   Link #530
jsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I was actually thinking along those lines too throughout the series. It's why his confusion over what to do after school surprised me. He has quite a few good options, even if he doesn't decide to go to a four year university. Usually that kind of attitude appears in people who leave high school without a defined skill set. People like.... me.
I think Ryuuji is indeed a great cook (wish I were like that), but specialization in college is what his mom might be referring to.... a chance to go corporate or the sort.
Old 2009-04-01, 06:12   Link #531
Hamchan
The World Ends With Me!

Did Taiga ever say i love you to Ryuuji directly? I can't really remember and I really liked this series :P
Old 2009-04-01, 06:30   Link #532
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamchan View Post
Did Taiga ever say i love you to Ryuuji directly? I can't really remember and I really liked this series :P
She hasn't, unless you count the blizzard confession.
Old 2009-04-01, 06:35   Link #533
jsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamchan View Post
I don't think so...just that part Taiga thought she was being rescued by Kitamura.
Old 2009-04-01, 07:21   Link #534
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

They were supposed to confess together but got interrupted by the cellphone call. One year later, Ryuuji pulled a fast one and became the first to confess.

Wait... I forgot the headbutt. Yeah, that's how Taiga says "I love you."
Old 2009-04-01, 10:23   Link #535
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
Most romance anime end like that, Itazura na Kiss and Clannad ~After Story~ only ones I can thing of recently that go past the confession.
Er, I am not so sure about Clannad After Story ending like that O_o.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:28   Link #536
oompa loompa

its been.. fun to say the least. there really arnt that many shows that maintain my interest the way that toradora did over such a long period ( its actually one of the first shows that i began watching when it was only 4-5 eps in), and my interest never died down, to me, this is easily one of the best of the genre ( granted, there are a lot of highly recommended ones i havnt seen) - though i guess i should save this for the overall series impression thread ( after i rewatch the whole series a couple of months from now ). its been so fun, reading everyones different opinion, watching the new episode every afternoon before going for late afternoon classes, and then often watching the same episode again in the evening, im glad that i have some good memories attached to this, besides the fact that it was a great show.

As for this episode, I thought it was a good ending. The pacing on this episode was good, and of course it contained one of the best kiss scenes ive seen in anime. I would love to see a little bit more though - post confession and time away from each other

Btw, it was never actually revealed what ryuuji was going to do after he graduated was it?

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2009-04-01 at 15:44.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:38   Link #537
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

What OVA? Was one announced today?

Old 2009-04-01, 12:39   Link #538
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Btw, it was never actually revealed what ryuuji was going to do after he graduated was it?
I don't think they said what he would do conclusively, but it'd be interesting to see what happens a few years down the road. Hopefully he finds a way to go to college and get the education and career prospects his mother never got to have (he can't follow in her footsteps, he's too scary looking to work at a host club ).
Old 2009-04-01, 12:49   Link #539
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post

edit: whoops, my mistake. i guess not

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2009-04-01 at 13:09.
Old 2009-04-01, 14:34   Link #540
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
If one was announced today, would you be able to trust it?
Closed Thread