AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-23, 16:21   Link #1981
csuree
The Most Hated™

The best news I heard (read today on Kotaku) SAO - lost song will be released for PS4 and Vita also.
Since I have both another few months of SAO are coming my way. After Hollow Fragment.

The new Need for Speed is a must buy for me this year.

PS: price drops on PS4 will be due 1 year before the launch of the next gen.... like it was with the PS3 more or less. So if Yuo want a console, buy it. Postponing it does not help. I was the same after launch I waited 1 year... nothing happened. Then a flash sale came and bought one with a vita (unofficial bundle). So I advise, be decisive buy it ASAP. for me it was worth it.
Old 2015-06-25, 02:34   Link #1982
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
That's cool, but I'll be waiting for a slim re-release in 2016, before I buy a PS4.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 16:25   Link #1983
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

2.55 update, updating right now, the change log doesn't say anything beyond "more stability"
Old 2015-07-01, 19:18   Link #1984
videoman190

Here's the new changes for the new CUH-1200 model and what differs form the CUH-1100 model.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/07/...with-cuh-1100/
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 21:43   Link #1985
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I have a question about the headphone jack on the dual shock 4. Sometimes I like to watch anime with headphones on. If I use a PS4 for DVDs or blu-rays, can I go to private audio with headphones by plugging headphones into the dual shock 4? Doesn't matter if I have to enable it in settings or not, just so long as I have the ability to do that, that would be a good thing to me.
Old 2015-07-02, 22:39   Link #1986
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

In games at least it does take the sound to the headphones, tho' I've never tried it while using a movie
EDIT: Just tried it, it is possible with netflix movies and such, tho' you have to set it in adjust devices

Last edited by SuitUp; 2015-07-03 at 03:25.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-03, 14:45   Link #1987
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
In games at least it does take the sound to the headphones, tho' I've never tried it while using a movie
EDIT: Just tried it, it is possible with netflix movies and such, tho' you have to set it in adjust devices
Thank you for checking. Could you do me a favor and check it but this time with a blu ray or DVD (or if you could; both, just to confirm both would work)? If I could use headphones via the controller for crunchyroll, DVDs, and blu rays, that would be great to me and would actually be the deciding factor in whether or not to get a Playstation 4. Yeah, really.
Old 2015-07-05, 19:57   Link #1988
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

My brother, who lives close to me, says he'll pay for half the cost of a PS4 if I'll let him use it occasionally, to play certain PS4 games. On top of this, I have $111 in GameStop store credit, so this is all too good to pass up.

So I'll get a PS4 in the coming months. How much of a difference are 7200 RPM HDDs compared to 5400 RPM HDDs? Should I get a 1 TB HDD at 7200 RPM, or should I get a 2 TB HDD at 5400 RPM. I figure the answer is "get the 2 TB hard drive", but I also don't know how much of a difference a 7200 RPM hard drive makes.
Old 2015-07-06, 01:35   Link #1989
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Thank you for checking. Could you do me a favor and check it but this time with a blu ray or DVD (or if you could; both, just to confirm both would work)? If I could use headphones via the controller for crunchyroll, DVDs, and blu rays, that would be great to me and would actually be the deciding factor in whether or not to get a Playstation 4. Yeah, really.
Tested it with a dvd mate (I don't own any Blu-rays besides the games), and the sound is tranfered to the headphones... (tho' you shouldn't expect super high studio quality sound, it is wireless after all)
So go ahead, get your ps4
Old 2015-07-06, 13:43   Link #1990
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
My brother, who lives close to me, says he'll pay for half the cost of a PS4 if I'll let him use it occasionally, to play certain PS4 games. On top of this, I have $111 in GameStop store credit, so this is all too good to pass up.

So I'll get a PS4 in the coming months. How much of a difference are 7200 RPM HDDs compared to 5400 RPM HDDs? Should I get a 1 TB HDD at 7200 RPM, or should I get a 2 TB HDD at 5400 RPM. I figure the answer is "get the 2 TB hard drive", but I also don't know how much of a difference a 7200 RPM hard drive makes.
"get the 2 TB hard drive"

Now seriously, I would go for the 2TB drive. I've seen folks saying that even an SSD won't give any measurable increase in loading times and it makes sense: developers have to optimize their games to stream from a 5400 RPM HDD anyway to target the largest number of users so it's little more than a fluke when a faster drive gives you faster loading times. The 7200 RPM drives also give off more heat compared to the stock one so it could end up reducing the lifetime of the device anyway and the 500GB system is already tight as it is with games taking up approximately 20GB a piece so more space seems like the better deal.

Btw do remember that there's only a single 2TB model (a Samsung drive) that fits the PS4.
Old 2015-07-06, 14:15   Link #1991
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Tested it with a dvd mate (I don't own any Blu-rays besides the games), and the sound is tranfered to the headphones... (tho' you shouldn't expect super high studio quality sound, it is wireless after all)
So go ahead, get your ps4

Thank you for checking. It is okay if the audio quality isn't very high quality. The audio quality shall be adequate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
"get the 2 TB hard drive"

Now seriously, I would go for the 2TB drive. I've seen folks saying that even an SSD won't give any measurable increase in loading times and it makes sense: developers have to optimize their games to stream from a 5400 RPM HDD anyway to target the largest number of users so it's little more than a fluke when a faster drive gives you faster loading times. The 7200 RPM drives also give off more heat compared to the stock one so it could end up reducing the lifetime of the device anyway and the 500GB system is already tight as it is with games taking up approximately 20GB a piece so more space seems like the better deal.

Btw do remember that there's only a single 2TB model (a Samsung drive) that fits the PS4.

Yeah, I figured the 2 TB model is the way to go. I found the 2 TB Samsung HDD that fits in the PS4. I looked up 2 TB laptop HDDs on newegg and found one (bookmarked it) and found it on Amazon (bookmarked it) and user reviews were saying they used this particular model for their PS4s. This particular HDD also has high ratings at both newegg and Amazon (user reviews and ratings).

Turns out there is a deal at GameStop. Trade in a PS3 (any PS3 system that is 120 GB or higher; mine is 250 GB) in trade towards a PS4 and you get $150 in store credit. On top of this, I already have $110 in store credit. And my brother will kick in money towards the PS4. I don't mind parting ways with my PS3 under these circumstances. I'm going to pounce on this deal.
Old 2015-07-08, 09:38   Link #1992
csuree
The Most Hated™

Hard drives....well I have my ps 4 since last september and honestly have no issue with the 500GB storage, I have a few games( AC4, Tomb raider, wathchdogs, Destiny, NFS Rivals, the crew, Driveclub most of the PS+ games since then and ) and still have 160GB free....

calculating that this year I will buy just 3 games (NFS 2015, and the 2x Sword art online), and estimating 3-4 games worthy of download+play from PS+ by December I will be at full capacity.
But even then I will have no problems IMO, since u can't play 2+ games simultaneously, u can remove those u haven't played in a while
Old 2015-07-08, 11:46   Link #1993
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I almost full already, I do recommend fot anyone getting a ps4 to at least get a 1tb HDD, 500gb with games at 50gb+ a piece won't last long
Old 2015-07-08, 14:26   Link #1994
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

With my PS3 trade in counting as $150 store credit, with my $111 store credit on a GameStop gift card, and some extra store credit by trading in some other things...I had most of the cost covered in store credit. Paid $65 and got the Batman Arkham Knight bundle for $400.

I was just on Amazon, I ordered a 2 TB hard drive. I won't hook up and set up my PS4 until I get that HDD. I'm just gonna put that in and then set it up.

I'm going to go with a PC/PS4 combo (as in, for my gaming platforms of choice).
Old 2015-07-08, 17:20   Link #1995
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll probably end up jumping in with the PS4 relatively soon. Though expect it will be just a straight up purchase. I never see much value in trading in games and while systems would bring in more money....I probably will want to use them again at some point so that's out as well.

At least there are some solid bundles out there. May just jump on board with the Batman train.
Old 2015-07-08, 18:23   Link #1996
csuree
The Most Hated™

I also hate trade-in sales.....I love to keep my old stuff to myself....
I will probably keep the ps4 when the next gen will come out, mostly because the games are never backward compatible. and some older games fill you with nostalgia
Old 2015-07-08, 18:27   Link #1997
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'll probably end up jumping in with the PS4 relatively soon. Though expect it will be just a straight up purchase. I never see much value in trading in games and while systems would bring in more money....I probably will want to use them again at some point so that's out as well.

At least there are some solid bundles out there. May just jump on board with the Batman train.

I traded in a number of things, and most of it I was just fine in parting with. As for the PS3, the only game on it that I really cared about that was left to play was Metal Gear Solid 3 HD, which I was going to play to replay MGS 3...I got so rusty with that game and the controls are frustrating, especially in comparison to MGS V controls, and I kept getting my arse handed to me at one spot, so I said nuts to it...it was a great game back in the day, but I guess I'll just leave it in the past and I get to move onto MGS V soon, so...can't complain much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
I also hate trade-in sales.....I love to keep my old stuff to myself....
I will probably keep the ps4 when the next gen will come out, mostly because the games are never backward compatible. and some older games fill you with nostalgia

I was gonna pack up my PS3 and put it in a plastic storage container and keep it pretty much just for MGS 3 HD, but like I said, I was trying to replay it recently and was getting my butt kicked (I used to be pretty good at the game at one point), and...my system was only worth $50 for trade-in, except for a couple of weeks (ending July 12th), I could get $150 for it if I traded it in towards a PS4, so...I didn't want to pass that up. I didn't have much of a PS3 library. I wasn't that into it, but I'm foreseeing that I'm going to be more into PS4 than I ever was with PS3.
Old 2015-07-08, 18:45   Link #1998
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
I traded in a number of things, and most of it I was just fine in parting with. As for the PS3, the only game on it that I really cared about that was left to play was Metal Gear Solid 3 HD, which I was going to play to replay MGS 3...I got so rusty with that game and the controls are frustrating, especially in comparison to MGS V controls, and I kept getting my arse handed to me at one spot, so I said nuts to it...it was a great game back in the day, but I guess I'll just leave it in the past and I get to move onto MGS V soon, so...can't complain much.

I was gonna pack up my PS3 and put it in a plastic storage container and keep it pretty much just for MGS 3 HD, but like I said, I was trying to replay it recently and was getting my butt kicked (I used to be pretty good at the game at one point), and...my system was only worth $50 for trade-in, except for a couple of weeks (ending July 12th), I could get $150 for it if I traded it in towards a PS4, so...I didn't want to pass that up. I didn't have much of a PS3 library. I wasn't that into it, but I'm foreseeing that I'm going to be more into PS4 than I ever was with PS3.
Yeah, I think it's fine when you don't really have anything left to play on a system and a desire to go back and replay things. I just can't help going back to favorites every now and then. Still pull out the PS2 on occasion .

Still, good way to save money for those who aren't going to be looking back. Just have too much of a library on the PS3 here so will just have to get the PS4 via the full price.
Old 2015-07-08, 19:32   Link #1999
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I've been finding myself trying to get into games I played through before, games from past generations that I loved, only to not be able to really get into them. It happened with MGS 3 HD, and it happened with Wind Waker HD. I played Wind Waker HD for a while and enjoyed it a bit but I dropped the game and I dunno if I'll pick it up again and finish the game I started with it.
Old 2015-07-09, 00:23   Link #2000
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It happens, I couldn't get back into A Link to the Past, I can't even get out of the damn castle with Zelda where you start and 3 or 4 years ago I got into reverse world in a single day...
Somethings are just better left untouched and kept in the nostalgia trunk... (except Super Mario World, I fucking love that one )