AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-06, 08:20   Link #121
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Well, the poll can't go over 10 items so these characters should be enough.

But for the are characters worth adding:

Kimidori Emiri, well she's kinda cute and people would like her.

And especially the ENOZ girls, people really like them alot lol
I can make the poll with over 10 options. Kind of a Mod/Admin "perk". So, how about:

Suzumiya Haruhi
Kyon
Nagato Yuki
Asahina Mikuru
Asakura Ryoko
Koizumi Itsuki
Kyon's Sister
Kunikida
Taniguchi
Tsuruya
Kimidori Emiri
The ENOZ Girls
Old 2006-07-06, 08:41   Link #122
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol thats cool, then maybe the ENOZ girls can be split up into their individuals, especially when the bass and drummer girls are more popular. I'm not sure of their names though.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-06, 08:58   Link #123
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
lol thats cool, then maybe the ENOZ girls can be split up into their individuals, especially when the bass and drummer girls are more popular. I'm not sure of their names though.
Hmmm...well, I'll just go with "The ENOZ Girls" for right now. That should be enough. Thanks.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:25   Link #124
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Well, there are two "versions" of Asahina Mikuru (big/small, Dai/Shō) and let's not forget the cat Shamisen, Catgirls

Not sure how serious I am about these extras

Edit: I see I'm far to late with this, the new poll has already been created.
Old 2006-07-06, 09:31   Link #125
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Well, there are two "versions" of Asahina Mikuru (big/small, Dai/Shō) and let's not forget the cat Shamisen, Catgirls

Not sure how serious I am about these extras

Edit: I see I'm far to late with this, the new poll has already been created.
Doh! How could I forget about Shamisen. I'll add him. Hrmm...I guess I should have had a separate option for Adult Mikuru. I guess I kind of rolled both into one person.
Old 2006-07-06, 16:42   Link #126
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
How about a: 'Haruhi is over(for now) so what to watch in the meantime?" topic?
Old 2006-07-06, 22:20   Link #127
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Can we have a thread about How to watch the series ?. To watch the series in order ( from episode 1 to 14), Or the way it is shown . Well i watched the first 4 episodes and then decided to wait for it to end. So overal do you think i should watch them in Shown order or real episodes order?. thanks alot.
Old 2006-07-06, 22:30   Link #128
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648
Can we have a thread about How to watch the series ?. To watch the series in order ( from episode 1 to 14), Or the way it is shown . Well i watched the first 4 episodes and then decided to wait for it to end. So overal do you think i should watch them in Shown order or real episodes order?. thanks alot.
That will not need a thread, for I shall now tell you how to watch it.

The best way to watch is to watch the episodes as they are listed. Watch from episode 1 to episode 14. The show is arranged in this way to specially provide the optimum character and story development and the strongest climax at the end.

Only when you finished watching it this way should you decide to watch the show in another order. You'll really need to watch the episodes a few times to get the full idea of the show.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-06, 23:51   Link #129
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
I don't think that would be a bad idea. How about a poll instead? 1st two options would be broadcast vs chronological, and then a third other option for all the custom suggestions posted in thread.
It's too late for me since I only have 1 episode to go, but I think it would be nice for the late Haruhi fans.
Old 2006-07-07, 05:06   Link #130
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ ]
How about a: 'Haruhi is over(for now) so what to watch in the meantime?" topic?
No, sorry. If you want to get some suggestions then I suggest you post in the Suggestions forum, that would be my suggestion.
Quote:
I think C.A. answers this question really and as such wouldn't need a thread of it's own. It's not as if there aren't existing threads in this sub-forum where such a point could be discussed anyway. As for a poll.... don't really think so since the order was done for a reason after all.
Old 2006-07-07, 08:45   Link #131
ApathyEcstasy

i request that we have a thread that is used for people to collaborate with eachother to acquire difficult to find (or non-existent on the internet) promotional music videos and live performance recordings of aya hirano and other people that worked on the show..an example of this is the recent episode of hey hey hey music champ..in which aya hirano was interviewed....there was a short clip of her live performance of God Knows...but the source of that short clip is unknown (assumption being it was a performance she did for an earlier episode of heyheyhey music champ)..however i've already tried watching all the episodes broadcasted in june with no luck in finding her...i'm now trying May but i'm unsure of whether this search will pay off...another example is PVs (promotional videos aka music videos) of her performing with the popgroup she used to be in... called "SPRINGS"...they did a PV for the anime, Bakuten Shoot Beyblade G Revolution, the song was the 2nd opening theme song for the show...the song itself is called "Identified"...i've found low res versions of the live performance on youtube...but i'm looking for standard music video quality versions..same goes for the live performance of God Knows... (of which there is no full-length version available in any form whether it be dvd, youtube, torrents, or p2p networks) it would seem more organized just to keep this sort of stuff in one single thread instead of spreading it out
Old 2006-07-07, 09:10   Link #132
xris
Just call me Ojisan

As far as I can tell, you are asking for help finding raws, which we don't allow. And since AMVs also require music tracks, it would lead to music download sites being posted (which we also do not allow).
Old 2006-07-07, 11:53   Link #133
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
As far as I can tell, you are asking for help finding raws, which we don't allow. And since AMVs also require music tracks, it would lead to music download sites being posted (which we also do not allow).
it's not an amv...but yes the PV is a live action raw...that came out in 2003..even if i wanted to PAY (purchase it legitimately) to get my hands on it..i wouldn't be able to

as for hirano's live performance...let me ask you this...you know on shows like the tonight show with jay leno or late night with conan obrien how they have band performances at the end of the show? is it illegal to record those end-of-show performances and post them? because that's the equivalent of aya's performance..that's why i'm looking for it on hey hey hey music champ...a talk show (for musicians)
Old 2006-07-07, 12:29   Link #134
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
as for hirano's live performance...let me ask you this...you know on shows like the tonight show with jay leno or late night with conan obrien how they have band performances at the end of the show? is it illegal to record those end-of-show performances and post them?
Of course it is. You are allowed to tape TV but only for your own personal use. Once you start distibuting, it becomes illegal. The comments applied to fansubs for Licensed Anime apply as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
it's not an amv...but yes the PV is a live action raw...that came out in 2003..even if i wanted to PAY (purchase it legitimately) to get my hands on it..i wouldn't be able to
You used the terms "promotional music videos and live performance recordings" which I also bundled in with AMVs. I believe the same applies to PVs, live-recordings and similar.
Old 2006-07-07, 12:30   Link #135
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Of course it is. You are allowed to tape TV but only for your own personal use. Once you start distibuting, it becomes illegal. The comments applied to fansubs for Licensed Anime apply as well.

You used the terms "promotional music videos and live performance recordings" which I also bundled in with AMVs. I believe the same applies to PVs, live-recordings and similar.
oh..i thought pvs and live performances (like at concerts or talk shows) would be excluded because they're not sold like music cds
Old 2006-07-08, 06:41   Link #136
dangitsdon
Yakumo's Pick

Send a message via AIM to dangitsdon
request thread for: Episode 00 uncut.

who has heard of it? who has seen it? true or not?
Old 2006-07-08, 09:47   Link #137
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangitsdon
request thread for: Episode 00 uncut.

who has heard of it? who has seen it? true or not?
Hmmm...well, since you are the first person I know that has mentioned it, instead of creating a new thread so people can sit around and gossip in, I recommend you post your "rumor" in one of two threads for the moment:

-> Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation
-> Suzumiya Haruhi (General Discussion)

If something new is released, then we'll surely deal with it when it is available, but for right now, let’s keep all “rumor” discussion in either of those two threads. Thanks. Cheers.
Old 2006-07-08, 15:42   Link #138
dangitsdon
Yakumo's Pick

Send a message via AIM to dangitsdon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Hmmm...well, since you are the first person I know that has mentioned it, instead of creating a new thread so people can sit around and gossip in, I recommend you post your "rumor" in one of two threads for the moment:

-> Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation
-> Suzumiya Haruhi (General Discussion)

If something new is released, then we'll surely deal with it when it is available, but for right now, let’s keep all “rumor” discussion in either of those two threads. Thanks. Cheers.
i just figured out its the real thing.
it came as a DVD with the CD single for god knows/lost my music.
i need to get my hands on it.
Old 2006-07-10, 04:33   Link #139
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
i wanna make one thread, not sure if allowed but here goes;
a polling thread named "How mad are you into Suzumiya Haruhi". Ratings from 1 to 10, 1 is not into it, 10 is Very Very Haruhi-ism!!!
might be interesting.
Old 2006-07-10, 04:59   Link #140
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
i wanna make one thread, not sure if allowed but here goes;
a polling thread named "How mad are you into Suzumiya Haruhi". Ratings from 1 to 10, 1 is not into it, 10 is Very Very Haruhi-ism!!!
might be interesting.
This would give similar results to the Suzumiya Haruhi Total Series Rating poll, not identical but it would be close. Actually, I suspect it would just skew the results towards "10" votes But I don't see the need to have another "rating" poll when we have one that asks a similar "how much did you enjoy the series" question.
Closed Thread