AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-22, 18:24   Link #3221
NTF_Madara

Lambda's Meta Super actually seems kinda good imo. On block it automatically breaks the person's guard no matter how full the gauge is. Her damage isn't all that good but I think her zoning and ambiguous cross ups she can get from j.2C could make for an interesting character. Anyone mind if I play a few? I wanna try Lambda out a little.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:58   Link #3222
Oblivion

Lambda's Meta Super seems hard hit aim though. They can easily avoid it since it moves so slowly and her Meta Super and corners are a bad combination.
Old 2012-03-22, 21:14   Link #3223
Hymmnos
Ar Tonelico Sentry

Question time!

I have an xbox controller, is there any way to use the analog stick(s)? If so, would the analog or d-pad be easier (assuming time was spent getting used to it).
Old 2012-03-22, 21:17   Link #3224
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF_Madara View Post
Lambda's Meta Super actually seems kinda good imo. On block it automatically breaks the person's guard no matter how full the gauge is. Her damage isn't all that good but I think her zoning and ambiguous cross ups she can get from j.2C could make for an interesting character. Anyone mind if I play a few? I wanna try Lambda out a little.
Actually, the meta super hits three times and does enormous guard damage on each hit. If you block it from the edge of the attack, it wont guard break you.

Also, join the Hamachi network I posted a page back. If you message me there, I'll play a few games with you once I'm avalaible.
Old 2012-03-22, 23:13   Link #3225
Walterion

This is just in, Lambda is too overpowered for this game.

07th expansion is ruined!

Just kidding, just I found this hilarious.
Old 2012-03-23, 00:13   Link #3226
cronnoponno

That happens to me all the time with Black Battler.

On many more characters than lambda
Old 2012-03-23, 01:41   Link #3227
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
That happens to me all the time with Black Battler.

On many more characters than lambda
The only characters I have problem with that is Lambda (100% of the time) and rarely Jessica.

The rest doesn't happen at all.
Old 2012-03-23, 04:50   Link #3228
Nanashi_1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Lambda's Meta Super seems hard hit aim though. They can easily avoid it since it moves so slowly and her Meta Super and corners are a bad combination.
You obviously have to trigger her Metasuper when the opponent is knocked down, then approach and try a mix-up or whatever you want so he can't escape (has gigantic range so it's unlikely you will miss if you don't let the opponent go forward, and besides he can't jump if that thing is in the air). Trying to activate it when the opponent is in the standing pose is just asking to be kicked in the ass, really.
Old 2012-03-23, 08:16   Link #3229
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
The only characters I have problem with that is Lambda (100% of the time) and rarely Jessica.

The rest doesn't happen at all.
I wonder why she's alot harder to hit with the combo than the rest of the cast? Smaller hitbox? Or her fall speed is slightly different?
Old 2012-03-23, 08:58   Link #3230
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
I wonder why she's alot harder to hit with the combo than the rest of the cast? Smaller hitbox? Or her fall speed is slightly different?
It could be speed. I noticed when playing the Computer that Will's combo of 6C -> 623ABC misses her. But something caught my attention.

Lambda's ability expires almost instantly after Meta's declared. So she needs a character who doesn't have a good ability to function well..stuff like Will's MetaSP -> 236AB -> MetaSP don't work at all now. And she'd need a fast attacker.

Kanon or Lucifer, maybe?
Old 2012-03-23, 09:20   Link #3231
Nanashi_1337

Lambda's ability expires inmediately because it only works once, and it's at the exact moment it is activated, to deplete the Guard Break guard. However, that doesn't mean the partner's ability expires at the same time, both work separately.

And this is why I love her Dive kick. Never seen one that allows that much comboability. It's the second hit of that combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFqeUUf9oo
Old 2012-03-23, 09:43   Link #3232
Frederica Bernkastel
King of Goobers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi_1337 View Post
Lambda's ability expires inmediately because it only works once, and it's at the exact moment it is activated, to deplete the Guard Break guard. However, that doesn't mean the partner's ability expires at the same time, both work separately.

And this is why I love her Dive kick. Never seen one that allows that much comboability. It's the second hit of that combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOFqeUUf9oo
The amount of passive time for both characters in the meta is measured by the shorter passive time between the two characters. Lambda's passive, while instantaneous, is treated as being active for about 3 seconds after the initial activation. (as opposed to Will's and Eva's entire meta world time) So in the meta world, the partner's passive expires at the same time Lambda's does.
Old 2012-03-23, 09:56   Link #3233
Silverkun

Is anyone willing to translate Lambda's moves and the things she says while doing them? I'm really curious.
Old 2012-03-23, 11:43   Link #3234
SkullClad
Shadow Keeper

Send a message via MSN to SkullClad
And how about Lambda's combinations for endings?
Old 2012-03-23, 11:52   Link #3235
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullClad View Post
BernLambda, EvaBLambda, BeatoLambda, BattlerLambda.... Hum... Just these, I guess. (And, probably, BBattlerLambda. We never know)
Old 2012-03-23, 11:53   Link #3236
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullClad View Post
So far there's only Jessica and Lambda. Haven't found one for the others.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:03   Link #3237
Eriko 556

Those combos are pretty interesting.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:11   Link #3238
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not cost effective at all: so many SP required, yet not enough damage dealt.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:42   Link #3239
Terras

Quote:
So far there's only Jessica and Lambda. Haven't found one for the others.
There aren't others. The gallery only has 1 spot for a Lambda cg besides her mugshot. Maybe one or two more when Bern gets released.
Old 2012-03-23, 13:39   Link #3240
Solkiskey

Lambda isn't a very effective character... and her ability sure doesn't help. Don't use her with people like Will, Battler, Beatrice and Virgilia. >_>
Closed Thread